It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
I think the rest of the planet moved on from miraculous tales from the ancient world some time in the 17th century - yes the Enlightenment. You are of course entitled to hold anachronistic views which place you in the intellectual order of about 300 years behind the rest of us - but try an understand that the rest of us are three to four hundred years more advanced intellectually - so it is understandable if we dismiss you as a lunatic, deride and laugh mockingly at your beliefs- its only natural......I feel the same way about the cargo cult.

There are roughly 4,200 religions - so no matter what you do you are going to be wrong 4,199 times.

What gain would civilizations long past have in trying to fool you? This "myth" is a world wide one. How did almost every civilization on different sides of the globe come up with the same story if there wasn't at least a tiny bit of truth to it? I'm not talking religions, I'm talking ancient civilizations. Chinese, Japanese, Sumerian, Egyptian, Greek...on and on.

What does Plato care if you believe in Atlantis or not? What do the Maya gain from there flood myth? Why would they carve into stone a story that was nothing more then a tall tale?

Seams rather ridiculous to dismiss these things because of religion, seeing as how it spans the ancient cultures of the world and is more then any one religions doctrine.

Now that would be a true conspiracy of a scale no one could fathom. Man they must of been laughing all the way to the grave...."dumb future people".

You've got to give your ancestors a little more credit my friend. Religion or not, they have a story to tell you.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas

There are roughly 4,200 religions - so no matter what you do you are going to be wrong 4,199 times.

Actually you'd be right 4200 times. They are all the same thing...PRIDE.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

It's encouraging to note that the location has - ONCE AGAIN...- been re-discovered so that folks can go and see the evidence for themselves, and perhaps feel a solemn moment of oddity knowing that that vessle is what housed the humans that were allowed to survive, and reproduce to inevitably bring about our own individual existances...

Please do not lump all of humanity into this fable. I am not descended from a bunch of fools that roamed around in the middle east a few thousand years ago.

Furthermore, there has been numerous studies on human DNA and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that we ever suffered such a population bottleneck. EXCEPT for around the time of the Toba super eruption, where the population might have been reduced to a few thousand breeding pairs. Of course that was around 70k years ago.

Yea I remember reading that, I thought it may have been alot lower like their was only 50 or 60 females left in the groups. But if it was a few thousand that would explain alot. We are a people that has forgotten alot of our history, and one day it is going to come out.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Seriously?
People really think that the Noah's Ark existed and the story of Noah's Flood is true?

[edit on 3-3-2010 by sphinx551]

It suprises me to.I thought you were suppose to out grow these fairy tales hum guess not

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ive seen this before. Imo, I think its fake. I can't see how that boat survived all this time, or how it held 1 of EVERY animal.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Why 69 flags?

It's not new.

If Noah's Ark was found to be real, then what?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

I was initially skeptical because there were not Google Earth coordinates for the rest of us to see the location for ourselves.

Then I opened up Google Earth to search for "Mt. Ararat". There was snow cover over the alleged area. I guess we need more global warming to end the coverup! LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

If you type "Noah's Ark, Turkey" into the Google Earth "Fly To" search bar it will zoom right to it.

Here are the coordinates, if you want to find it that way:
39d26'26.22"N
44d14'04.33"E

I couldn't figure out how to make the "degrees" symbol, so I just used the letter "d".

[edit on 3/4/2010 by AntManBee]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

This is an interesting thread and topic. It would bolster the biblical fables, obviously. And I hope it does. There is nothing wrong with believing in something like religion. It provides a great comfort and a guide to many.

However, religion and science do not play well together. I think it is a losing battle to try and reconcile them both. Religion is faith and spirituality. Science generally eschews both in favor of observable facts and testable hypothesis. I believe in both. I think that they are both good. Both seek to answer important questions with answers.

I am fascinated by the prospect of discovering something that really shouldn't be there. No more, no less.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
1 Would the animals have had to be fully grown? Wouldn't cubs,calves,pups etc. taken up less room? Probably eat less to. Think about it.

2 I doubt the ark would have survived. Women want houses. Domestic animals need fences, barns etc..What did they build with? "Hey, it's cold, lets build a fire" . Tar and wood probably burn real good. Just a thought.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by dusty1]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm a Christian, but I don't believe in Noah's Ark. I was talking to another Christian about it, telling him that such a boat would need to be quite large to hold two of every species on the planet. His response was that at the time there weren't that many different species. I was like, wow! So that's how Christians think. Bottom line, though, is there were many species, and if such a boat existed, it would be gigantic. What they've found so far is quite small. Not to mention, the wood has been dated, and it's not from that time. Why are so many Christians trying to find proof? I thought Christianity was about faith.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Every Noah thread I always point out the biggest blooper in the Ark fairy tale, and the fundies never reply. I wonder why. But I will repost and see if anyone has the guts to try and make it plausible:

Koalas live only in Australia. They eat only eucalyptus leaves that grow only in Australia.
Australia is an island continent.

So how did koalas get onto the ark?
Did they pack enough food to last the entire time they would be gone, sling it over their shoulders, swim the Indian Ocean, walk across Asia and FINALLY get on the ark?

Splain Ricky... splain.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Some say life started in a primordial soup. The first creature crawled to land it evolved. How did the Koala's ancestor get to Australia?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sibilance

Religion is faith and spirituality.

Spirituality IS NOT religion, but religion does include some brand of spirituality.

I've asked many Christians this question - what if they have ACTUALLY discovered the Noah's Ark? What then? They love to bring up the conspiracy theory that the governments have been trying to cover up the reality of Noah's Ark. But what if it is actually discovered? Then what will happen? I have heard many answers. I have had a couple of professors at a Christian University tell us the answers (I graduated from a Christian University).

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

Some say life started in a primordial soup. The first creature crawled to land. How did it get to Australia?

You're assuming that it didn't happen in Australia too, but it happened everywhere else.
And there are many species that exist only there, which supports that idea.

But... you aren't answering the question I asked.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Some people got in a boat and brought some stuff with them. How did horses arrive in North America?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Some people got in a boat and brought some stuff with them. How did horses arrive in North America?

Stop trying to change the subject and answer the question.
How did the koalas get to the ark?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You are assuming the Koala was living in Australia first. And there were no eucalyptus trees in the Middle East.

The koala came to Australia after the flood.

Again I will ask you, how did the horse get to North America?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You are assuming the Koala was living in Australia first. And there were no eucalyptus trees in the Middle East.

The koala came to Australia after.

Again I will ask you, how did the horse get to North America?

The Europeans brought them... stay on topic.
What evidence do you have that they lived somewhere else besides Australia?
And if they did, why did they all move to Australia?
Every... single... one.
And why then did the eucalyptus trees in the middle east disappear?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

And if they did, why did they all move to Australia?

To get to the other side.

What evidence do you have that they lived somewhere else besides Australia?

Let me see....wheres my shovel.....hmmm......sorry I'll have to get back to you on that.

So I guess life, including plants ,must have evolved everywhere at once?

How did dandelions get to North America?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join