It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
Oh, boy Noahs Ark!!!!
1) almost all ancient civilizations have a flood account...because it really happened.

Flood happened, sure....and you also acknowledge that most/all ancient civs discuss the flood...

Consider that for a moment...how many japanese were on the boat...how many south american tribals, or africans, egyptians, northern barbarians, mongols, etc etc etc...
according to the story, a handful of locals from the neighborhood survived and thats that....so, explain then how all these other civs lived through it. Surely you must see that this would be not improbable, but flat out impossible.

I will comfortably state that the biblical flood did happen on a small scale...but that does not mean the bible is even remotely close to a understandable truth...and just by that example alone one should realize what the bible is...a localised series of stories of misinterpretations and primitive understandings of events.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Yes this is old news. And we know that long before the was noah there was this guy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Which the story of noah and the arc have been plagerized from, i think anyone pushing the noah story, well has a biblical agenda. And in the hundreds thousands of years of man walking the earth and knowing how much of our history we have lost it would be foolish to just "believe" that this is the arc.

We also know that long before there was a bible there was a book of the dead which the 10 commandments have aslo been plagerized from. What we have is man buildiing wings off the old stories to pass on to the next generation. Used to instill the belief of their values to their young. Next the story of Joseph is also the story of jesus and so on and so on. It's been written hundreds of times in different names in different parts of the world.

The true story has been lost, we can speculate all we like but this will not prove the stories.

Just from understanding nature we realize that no matter what happens short of our planet being destroyed, humans and creatures will live on without the help of some great saviour such as noah.

There are far to many references from other religions and beliefs that prove they all came from each other, passed on by traders and tyrants, the whole my god is better than yours.

The ultimate goal....Control of the species

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Hi
I heard the same story as well but I thought it was Enki that warned noah.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by teraform
reply to post by Tayesin

Hi
I heard the same story as well but I thought it was Enki that warned noah.

You are correct.

Sorry for the old grey matter getting rusty folks. I'll fix that post now

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Well regardless of whether or not this is Noah's Ark this is still a great story. Interesting to say the least but the biggest problem I have with the story is the claim to take these artifacts for dating, but where are all the dates? Also how can one say that this is surely Noah's Ark? I mean thats like me walking into the forest and saying I found the hanging gardens of Babylon!

Also to another poster it is proven that there was a great flood at this time, it wouldn't be very far fetched that a farmer built a large ship to save his animals (local folklore embelishes the story and there you get Noah's Ark) but then you get into how he built it and how he knew of the flood before hand which delves back into "mystery".

Again great story but a little "iffy" on facts and dating.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well...it is possible it was once a ship...it's like a "fossilized" ship...but there's no reason it has to be Noah's Ark...who knows who might have built it...but others have said, it certainty would come close to holding two of every species...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You will remember that soon after the flood, the world was split up by language and people group. Over time, the story of the flood would have been distorted and changed between the different languages. Think of a giant game of telephone. Also, if you do any kind of language study you will notice links between almost all languages tracing back to a few base languages. As people migrated they took there history with them.

Not only is this probable, but the most logical explaination of a common history of the flood story.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by trueperspective]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Hi
I do belive the Sumer texts are a lot closer to the truth than the bible texts are, they seem to make more sense.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Found Noah's Ark? Heh, Not likely. Regardless of whatever evidence is suggested to be in support of the idea according to the OP link, the very idea of a literal Noah's Ark (beyond a localized event completely divergent from biblical accounts) would fly in the face of pretty much every field of study in science.

They used metal detection surveys, subsurface radar scans, and chemical analysis -- real science -- and their findings were startling. The evidence was undeniable. This was the Ark of Noah.

They did not use real science. Science isn't about lab coats and test tubes and shooting lasers into things. Science is a methodology, not an equipment roster. Unless the "find" was subject to the peer-review process at the VERY least, then they did not utilize real science.

For one thing, science isn't compartmentalized into separate competing fields the way religions and ideologies tend to fracture and diverge. Findings in one field cannot contradict evidence established in another field. Paleontologists cannot violate the laws of physics and expect their findings to be accepted. Indeed, this convergence of various fields of study is one of the major forces shaping science today.

Now, for an example as to why this cannot be Noah's Ark - consider the Cheetah. Don Exodus created a wonderful video on this subject which I'll post directly below. The implications being that, even if a species were capable of surviving a genetic bottleneck of population reduction down to "2"... why do we see no evidence in living creatures today of such population bottlenecks across the phylogenetic tree? Surely this would be greater evidence of "Noah's Ark" than any archeological finding. That so many creatures would have underwent such a severe bottleneck in such a demonstrably identical time period... that would be overwhelming support for Noah's Ark. The evidence, however, overwhelmingly contradicts that hypothesis.

The causes of tissue and organ rejection after transplantation refutes the OP's claim. How do you reconcile the OP with what we know of Biology... because if you want claim science is on your side, you have to resolve that issue... and many, many more.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Seriously?
People really think that the Noah's Ark existed and the story of Noah's Flood is true?

[edit on 3-3-2010 by sphinx551]

Yep, sure do. If you have conclusive evidence proving otherwise we would love to see it.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
O Boy! Someone else has fallen for the hoaxes of Ron Wyatt, a Seventh Day Adventist crackpot. He also claimed to have found the Ark of the Covenant, the sulphur balls that destroyed Sodom and Gemorrah. See, www.arguewitheveryone.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

It's encouraging to note that the location has - ONCE AGAIN...- been re-discovered so that folks can go and see the evidence for themselves, and perhaps feel a solemn moment of oddity knowing that that vessle is what housed the humans that were allowed to survive, and reproduce to inevitably bring about our own individual existances...

Please do not lump all of humanity into this fable. I am not descended from a bunch of fools that roamed around in the middle east a few thousand years ago.

Furthermore, there has been numerous studies on human DNA and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that we ever suffered such a population bottleneck. EXCEPT for around the time of the Toba super eruption, where the population might have been reduced to a few thousand breeding pairs. Of course that was around 70k years ago.
It was you who just lumped everyone together in your own view..Obviously this should be investigated better.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Great Thread!

My good friend is from Armenia, and this location is well known and accepted as fact in his country. Armenia also claims to be the first Christian Country in the world, and they feel Mt. Ararat is actually theirs and not Turkey's.

Many of the older men from Armenia talk of taking journey's to Ararat when they were young, even during war-time with Turkey. It was almost a rite of passage to have visited the Ark as a young man.

I fully believe that the Ark existed, and that it is mostly intact, and most likely on Mt. Ararat. The Epic of Gilgamesh, the Bible, and at least 10 other Ancient Stories / Myths / Legends from around the world all speak of the flood. They all have commonalities in a story of a Noah figure, they all have commonalities in stories of the sons of Noah. There is Archeological Evidence that supports this as well.

It is sad that something accepted as fact for millenia has now been reduced to myth and lore, because our science community feels so superior to our ancestors. Sure, we have made a lot of technological gains, but how many steps back have we taken? How often do we discover that thousands of years ago they were using technology that we claim to have "invented" in the last 500 years? How often do we marvel at things they built and claim that it took several generations and tens of thousands of slaves to complete, when their own explanation from the time is much simpler?

When Modern Science encounters these objects and stories, why don't we assume validity first and then seek to prove or disprove, instead of assuming falsehoods and fiction and then looking for a brand new explanation?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Because the Judean/Christian/Islamic concept of G-d is faith based a large part of that faith has always revolved around icon worship. While G-d remains elusive in the physical sense to basically everyone who has faith that search for physical tangible proof to validate and sustain that faith has been going on since the time of the Emperor Justinian who sent his mother to Jerusalem shortly after his own conversion to Christianity to search for Icons and further forms of tangible physical proof of G-d’s existence.

The iconoclastic simply incorporate these physical elements into their faith and they become an important part of their faith that constitute true proof.

The underlying reality is though that belief in icons actual links to G-d are faith based as well too. We are in fact being asked in this thread to take a lot of vague and inconclusive evidence as being actual evidence which it easily becomes imagined to be by those who already have faith and are looking for tangible physical things to expound on it and validate it.

There is absolutely nothing about this particular site or the relics that have been marred and graphitized by pilgrims who are in fact looking for icons to worship and validate their faith.

Those who are predisposed to believe and have an inherent and vested need to believe certainly shall believe which is not unusual considering the whole religion is based on faith in something that there is no real physical manifestation of.

[edit on 4/3/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by djmolecular
reply to post by Larryman

Since when is wiki a legit source??? College's do not accept it. It can be modified.
and it says, and i quote (on the right hand pic side):

"Durupınar, alleged landing site of Noah's Ark"

alleged.. ok... that is proof enough for me.

man... this has been around for years and balked at... and i am a christian

WHy do you think a college has to be telling the truth?

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Jobeycool]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Oh, boy Noahs Ark!!!!
1) almost all ancient civilizations have a flood account...because it really happened.

Flood happened, sure....and you also acknowledge that most/all ancient civs discuss the flood...

Consider that for a moment...how many japanese were on the boat...how many south american tribals, or africans, egyptians, northern barbarians, mongols, etc etc etc...
according to the story, a handful of locals from the neighborhood survived and thats that....so, explain then how all these other civs lived through it. Surely you must see that this would be not improbable, but flat out impossible.

I will comfortably state that the biblical flood did happen on a small scale...but that does not mean the bible is even remotely close to a understandable truth...and just by that example alone one should realize what the bible is...a localised series of stories of misinterpretations and primitive understandings of events.
Well you should provide the history of these other people when they existed and migrated.With 100% fact.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tekdawizard
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Lame post, do research, and you'll find out that the sumerians were the original story tellers and that they stated Noah got the seed (DNA) of every animal from the ancient library of the Anunnaki.

Real research would include the work by Robert M Best, Noah's Ark and the Ziusudra Epic; Sumerian Origins of the Flood Myth
That's Myth, not fact.
"Myth is truthful, but figuratively so. It is not historical truth mixed with lies; it is a high philosophical teaching that is entirely true, on the condition that, instead of taking it literally, one sees in it an allegory." ancienthistory.about.com...
The Sumerians were writing about a local flood of the Euphrates River and the commandeering of a commercial barge by Sumerian king named Ziusudra who was chief executive of the city-state Shuruppak at the end of the Jemdet Nasr period about 2900 BC. Ziusudra was Noah.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Great Thread!

My good friend is from Armenia, and this location is well known and accepted as fact in his country. Armenia also claims to be the first Christian Country in the world, and they feel Mt. Ararat is actually theirs and not Turkey's.

Many of the older men from Armenia talk of taking journey's to Ararat when they were young, even during war-time with Turkey. It was almost a rite of passage to have visited the Ark as a young man.

I fully believe that the Ark existed, and that it is mostly intact, and most likely on Mt. Ararat. The Epic of Gilgamesh, the Bible, and at least 10 other Ancient Stories / Myths / Legends from around the world all speak of the flood. They all have commonalities in a story of a Noah figure, they all have commonalities in stories of the sons of Noah. There is Archeological Evidence that supports this as well.

It is sad that something accepted as fact for millenia has now been reduced to myth and lore, because our science community feels so superior to our ancestors. Sure, we have made a lot of technological gains, but how many steps back have we taken? How often do we discover that thousands of years ago they were using technology that we claim to have "invented" in the last 500 years? How often do we marvel at things they built and claim that it took several generations and tens of thousands of slaves to complete, when their own explanation from the time is much simpler?

When Modern Science encounters these objects and stories, why don't we assume validity first and then seek to prove or disprove, instead of assuming falsehoods and fiction and then looking for a brand new explanation?

How refreshing to read... it's amazing how many people will harp on at the most idiotic things but something like this is just plain 'crazy'. Wisdom in your words - keep it up.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Yep, sure do. If you have conclusive evidence proving otherwise we would love to see it.

Around page 7-8 there were links providing information that proves this isn't and was never an ark.

Do you not realise that the onus of proof is on those making the claim, i.e. those claiming it's an ark?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

Not only is this probable, but the most logical explaination of a common history of the flood story.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by trueperspective]

Really...really...
ok, most logical explanation then =
if we build a tower, we can become godlike in power, threatening the very power of the one true creator...how high must said structure be before we get superpowers?
And if we build it too high, God will freak out and split us up again and once again corrupt our language...just come right down from cloud city and start shifting people around...

So, the concept of a flash global warming flooding many areas of the world makes no sense to you...which is basically forcasted to happen yet again, but somehow a diety becoming scared about a big building makes logical sense...

ok...sure...

incidently, do "bible people" also believe in mole people on the moon due to the holes here and there?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join