It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong in Texas, in the USA?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

There is no point in trying to teach people that refuse to be taught. Their life is simple and their mind will do anything to keep it that way.

The only way they could possibly gain more insight is if their pastor/preacher allows them to ponder ideas outside of their 700 year old book.

Apparently, a majority of the people on the planet missed the the Age of Enlightenment and prefer to live in the Dark Ages.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Oh I understand fully there is little hope of people like Lemon.Fresh being skeptical enough to look at the evidence. I would not allow myself to walk away from "monkeyfish" for other readers of the thread that are more undecided on the subject.

Basically I took the time to show why monkeyfish is a stupid idea and is not what evolution/natural selection is saying. So other ATS member did not get the impression Lemon.Fresh's stupid idea seemed to stump me and he must be correct asking for a monkeyfish example making natural selection false.

His argument is stupid. It is not even supported by most creationist anymore. (only the really stupid ones)

I am kind of sorry for using the word stupid a lot ITT, if his argument was against what evolution is actually saying I would not be so harsh.

He is not doing that he is attacking what he wrongly thinks evolution is and yes that is stupid.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
Basically I took the time to show why monkeyfish is a stupid idea and is not what evolution/natural selection is saying. So other ATS member did not get the impression Lemon.Fresh's stupid idea seemed to stump me and he must be correct asking for a monkeyfish example making natural selection false.

I don't think he said it seriously. Nobody is that stupid (I hope)..

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
U.S.A. ALIENS GOUVERNEMENT

fC

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

No sadly there are people this stupid.
Lemon.Fresh believes humans and dinosaurs coexisted, complete denial of fact to preserve the word of the bible.

He makes himself one of ATS biggest idiots in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is some gems from this very thread

This proves there is people as stupid as he sounds and he is one of them.

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Wait wait wait . . .

When did evolution become hard fact?

Is it not still a theory?

The hypothesis that an amoeba turned into a fish turned into a monkey turned into a caveman turned into a human can be tested just as much as a deity calling man into existence . . . i.e. not at all.

In fact, why do we not see amoeba/fish creatures? How about fish/monkey creatures? Monkey/caveman creatures? Caveman/modern human creatures?

Evolution is not science. Sorry to burst your bubble. Actually . . . I am not really sorry.

But where are these hybrids?

Where is the evidence of these hybrids?

So really there is no evidence that shows how we got from being an amoeba to being modern humans.

It is just guesswork

Then the idiot calls creation a theory
and more. ..

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Of course there is. You not knowing of the evidence doesn't make it magically disappear and instantly nullify the scientific method! However convenient that might be to one's beliefs.

Would the same not be said of the Creation Theory?

No.

Evidence for evolution: the fossil record, evidence against "the tales of the desert people": no signs of global flood.

You lose.

Evolution is a fact. It's a fact that evolution has happened, happens and will happen until the end of time. The theory explains how it works.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by rhinoceros]

The fossil record shows there was dinosaurs. It is not proof of evolution.

And evolution is NOT fact. lol

[edit on 2/24/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

[edit on 2/24/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

signature
--People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people--

Sorry. Not seeing any monkey fish there.

Or any monkey-cave men.

Or any cave men-modern humans.

If you want to get real technical, where are the transitional fish with no lungs to fish with lungs?

For all we know, those creatures are not even related.

Still waiting for those fish/monkey creatures/fossils.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Haha point taken, those are some dimwitted quotes.

These people should just watch National Geographic for a day. It will teach them more about life, the world, the solar system, and the universe than the bible ever will.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That is the thing they just refuse to look at the proof

If they did it disproves six days of creation.

Anyone that believes that the bible is 100% factual cannot have this happen. Not all Christians agree with this .. hell not even the pope agrees with this way of thinking.

It really is crazy people, they believe the Earth is 6000 years old, They believe jesus possibly rode on dinosaurs, they dis-believe all science that goes against anything in the bible, they really think saying "god did it" is a scientific theory, Believe Moses parted the red sea, Noah's arc is fact and proven, Jesus raised the dead, Mary was a virgin, EVERYTHING in the bible is real to them.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by nophun

There is no point in trying to teach people that refuse to be taught. Their life is simple and their mind will do anything to keep it that way.

The only way they could possibly gain more insight is if their pastor/preacher allows them to ponder ideas outside of their 700 year old book.

Apparently, a majority of the people on the planet missed the the Age of Enlightenment and prefer to live in the Dark Ages.

I realize that there is some levity being tossed around here. I don't mean to trample on that. I just want to point out something from my personal experience:

My mother is an incredibly intelligent and wise woman. Incredibly. If you knew her i wouldn't have to tell you this. She believes in the creation story, as it says in the bible. Does she completely deny any scientific explanation? No, and she enjoys hearing me explain my viewpoints to her. She is staunch Christian. But loves me and sees that the way my Buddhist faith is is also very good, and has made me a better man. She approves of this heartily, obviously.

But when i ask her, "Mom, why do you believe....", or something that causes her to challenge her faith, she tells me that at her age, and with her experience, it is easier to not question and just accept the biblical explanation. Why? Because she would otherwise sit up worrying all night about not knowing. This way, she feels that she knows, that it is answered, and she doesn't have to dwell on it.

In the end, does it make her a bad person? No. No one who knows her would even consider such a thought.

Don't be too hard on the "simpletons".
There is valid and psychologically based reasons behind their beliefs sometimes.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

reply to post by nophun

In the end, does it make her a bad person? No. No one who knows her would even consider such a thought.

No of course not!
The belief we are talking about does not someone a bad person unless they are forcing those beliefs on others, or lying about truths for the sole reason to protect there beliefs.

Saying you believe or disbelieve in something is normal, calling something that you have no understanding about a lie is wrong.

This is why I may sound harsh in my replies in this thread.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by nophun]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Very good.

I am a VERY faithful person, just not to Christianity, and it only controls my life insomuch as i allow it to (or, rather, indulge in human pursuits).

I suspect many others are the same.

I disbelieve much of the way science depends solely on a 'silver bullet" mentality in sifting through various theories and considering various datapoints. Evolution is evident and logical. But does that make it exclusive? There is no evidence to support that, other than a possible absence of evidence to support otherwise (if you discount any evidence presented, that is).

Does this make sense? In my faith, the "middle way" is the right way. So understandably, i am prone towards such a mentality. But why does one theory have to be exclusive?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What if I was to tell you dinosaurs never existed and there are certain groups in India, US, and China that have access to Time Control Technology. Would you beleive me or would you need mounds and mounds of scientific data.

Guess you'd have to unlearn a whole hell of alot

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by pumpkinorange

But bashing Christians?

WHERE did I mention the word "christian"???
Christians do NOT have a monoply on "stupid"....
I bash ALL religions, equally....and if "Christianity" is in that category, then it gets bashed, along with the rest of them....
BUT THAT WASN'T the point, here....or perhaps it was, because THAT may be the basis for the responses to the poll....
Gee....sensitive, eh?

Give me a TX-sized break. As I recall, ALL of the polling responses you called-out in your post as signs of America's stupidity are held because of the folks' religious beliefs. Folks like these you cite brought us this far. They'd be the ones to give you the shirt off their backs. They are rock-solid AMERICANS and I for one don't believe they deserve the ridicule.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It seems that the use of the word ignorance is easily spewed about because of disbelief of the bible creation.

Those that adhere to the creation believe that the earth is only around six thousand years old and the man a dinosaur did exist together.

You see the word dinosaur is only around 150 years old, before that they were called dragons, behemoth, Leviathan.
If one looks you will see that many of the different cultures have art & lure about these creatures

Check out the Inca stones
www.crystalinks.com...

Rock drawings
www.genesispark.org...

many experts do agree that ancient peoples did not embellish as we do today they told about that which they knew.

Many of those here find believing in Martians easier than excepting evidence from those who interpret the visible evidence with a Biblical backing.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by nophun

Evolution is evident and logical. But does that make it exclusive?

I am not 100% sure I understand what your asking here, but I will give it a shot. If I got the wrong idea I will take a second swing.

Science is never done. This is why Evolution is a theory and not a law (like in math) If your asking could we learn something that completely discredit or change Darwin's Theory. OF COURSE that is science!

That said Darwin's Theory is 150+ years old and gains support by evidence year by year ! We learn things where Darwin was is not right
but nothing that harms the theory. Just something work different then Darwin thought, End result (natural selection) has never been legitimately challenged.

Another thing could happen, another theory that can be proven in the same steps as Darwin's was/is could emerge.
This is what Creationist try to claim ID is .. sad for them if fails on all levels of science.

There is no evidence to support that, other than a possible absence of evidence to support otherwise (if you discount any evidence presented, that is).

If on the off chance you are trying to say evolution is logical but not proven, I will take the time to make a complete post on the subject
only because you come off a lot more genuine them some.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Gratz to NoPhun Rhinoceros, and Toooo many Pills for being the first people in my ignore list.

Kid of sad that you can't have a simple debate without insults.

No, I am not ignoring you because "you beat me."

In all actuality, you failed to deliver the evidence that I asked for, and then proceeded to ridicule and insult me and others who believe as I do. Just shows that you are losing the debate, so you must resort to personal attacks.

Do not deny it, because I have seen the same actions in different debates all over the internet for the last 15 years.

You might say that I am running away, and trying to twist the story around to make myself look or feel better.

Again, I have heard that one many times before. It is like the class bully who gets punched in the mouth, then as the kid walks away, the bully starts talking trash.

I digress.

I do not have the time, patience, or cool-headedness to debate people of your ilk.

In fact, I have more important things to be doing.

Buh-bye.

Edit: BTW . . . if evolution went from fish to monkey (evolution . . . we went from one celled to multi-celled, to complex to water breating to air breathing to tree swingin to walking) there has to be an intermediary crreature . . . . unless a fish gave birth to a monkey.

That is all.

[edit on 2/25/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Oh my lord! We has cave painting evidence !
This is so weak

There is lots of crazy beasts painted on caves around the world, They are most likely from made up stories .. you know JUST like dragons, behemoth, Leviathan.

Yeah your probaly right, it is more likey science is wrong the earth is 9000 years old and jesus (who you have yet to prove existed) rode a T-rex.

Do you have any idea how crazy this sounds ?

many experts do agree that ancient peoples did not embellish as we do today they told about that which they knew.

Do not lie please. What you mean to say is "some creationist believe".

Show my one (1) non-creationist site that claims what you just said.
You cannot do it because only people who believe the bible has to be 100% would ever try to pass this as fact.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by nophun]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Do not get too discouraged. What I like to do instead of putting them on ignore, since you cannot see what they are doing on your threads, if they cannot answer the question or obfuscate, just do not even answer them or do not comment at all to them.

Otherwise they could be messing up your thread without you knowing.

Just let them flounder.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I did say you are stupid
sorry.
When you are still asking for evidence that cannot be shown because it has nothing to do with evolution!!!!

You are arguing something you know nothing about, and that is stupid.
If you want to disagree with evolution at least learn the basics before you run your mouth.

Edit: BTW . . . if evolution went from fish to monkey (evolution . . . we went from one celled to multi-celled, to complex to water breating to air breathing to tree swingin to walking) there has to be an intermediary crreature . . . . unless a fish gave birth to a monkey.

You know what F it .. you are a complete moron.

K THX BYE

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Intelligence through ridicule is proof that I am wrong.

So because there are paintings on walls then those that did them must have been stupid because they did not have a computer or High School or a College.

Because people Like Lamark, Darwin, Dawkins, Henkel, existed and created fables with no evidence then people are a scion of monkeys?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Natural selection is just that selection it is not a intelligent choice it is selection by random chaos.

Example a whale scoops up fish in its mouth both the strong and the weak,

A meteor smashes into the earth killing animals where is the intelligent choice.

Evolution as on organism changing into another has never been shown and never will, you can not get a chicken from a lizard no matter how much you wish it so.

It is ok though you do have a religion it is not a theory because when ever the statements like we believe, could have happened, might have happened are used in a scientific explanation they are religious statements.

Because you have to have faith that it happened that way as no one has seen it happen can test it or repeat it.

Therefore the theory of evolution is a tax payer funded religion that should have the funding stopped.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join