It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't Aliens help humanity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There are many people who claim to be in contact with aliens, either physically or via channeling. There seems to be a concensus that all ETs look at humanity as being screwed up. Some say the aliens are here to help, albeit indirectly. Others, that they are just watching us create our own extinction.

If we are some alien experiment, I could see them being ok watching us die out.

If we are some, slave race, why would they let us die out??

If we are like children in the universe, and we are all connected as some sort of family, why would they not help us out openly?

I think of this last question like a older sibling helping a younger one. If he is going to touch a hot stove, you tell him not too because its going to burn. If there is a danger he cannot perceive, you stop it.

Now, I can already see someone saying that benevolent alienst wouldn't want to be treated as gods, or rulers over humanity, and they want us to make it through on our own. What a convenient cop out.

The same concept of responsibility and obligation to the next generation applies universally in my opinion. If you have the ability and knowledge to heal, to feed, to protect, to help to grow, why would you not share, or at least be open about it to inspire. To have such and not, seems to suggest to me, that any such ET's are no better than humanity, if not worse.

Humanity is at a point, where we can easily destory ourselves. For an ET race to not make themselves openly known, or offer guidance, to me would mean there is no goodness outside of the individual level in the Universe.

note: I appologize if this sounds like a rant. In many ways it is. I just want to see a VALID reason from alien contactees/channelers, as to why there is no openess and assistance.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

As of yet we don't need saving...

We are in the age of discovery, we are finding ourselves and what our purpose is on this planet.

Yes we are making mistakes on the way, but I guess for us that is what it takes to truly change...

When we find out this society and reality we perceive today will crumble and reveal our true potential as a race...

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Freq Of Nature]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
My belief, and it's a bit wacky I must warn you, is that ET is probably doing more than you realise.

I think the two atomic blast over Japan may have warned them that we are not too bright and if we get out of hand again, there will be trouble.

If it really came down to it, I mean Earth was close to destruction from within or externally, I believe they'd make themselves available and visible pretty quickly.

Maybe that's how we get disclosure....nuclear holocaust anyone???

All the best to you, KF!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I disagree. At least partly. I think they do on a regular basis help us, perhaps taking out a unseen asteroid, or screwing with the CERN facilty, knocking out the power of an ICBM. But that doesn't progress humanity past its problems of being on the wrong path.

If there were some major, global planet destroying event, I think they would save as many as they could, making themselves known. But that is about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I'm going with the "experiment" idea. They created, they watch, they don't care for our bloodshed and greedy religious endeavors.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

I disagree. At least partly. I think they do on a regular basis help us, perhaps taking out a unseen asteroid, or screwing with the CERN facilty, knocking out the power of an ICBM. But that doesn't progress humanity past its problems of being on the wrong path.

If there were some major, global planet destroying event, I think they would save as many as they could, making themselves known. But that is about it.

I see where you're coming from friend, but there's another way of looking at it:

The only way for Earth to discover the 'right' path, is to go down the wrong path and learn from its mistakes.

We aren't, as a rule, that enlightened. We'll only ever go in the right direction after dozens, hundreds, thousands?? of mistakes.

I think they lean over our shoulder, make sure we don't destroy ourselves and the universe entirely, but let us find our own way.

That's what I'd do!

[edit on 22-2-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
The only way for Earth to discover the 'right' path, is to go down the wrong path and learn from its mistakes.

We aren't, as a rule, that enlightened. We'll only ever go in the right direction after dozens, hundreds, thousands?? of mistakes.

I think they lean over our shoulder, make sure we don't destroy ourselves and the universe entirely, but let us find our own way.

I think that may be a plausible line of thinking by any benevolent ETs. However, I go back to my universal family-big brother analogy, it is better to offer guidance or tell us how something works, and then allow us to either follow, ignore, or improve on that information.

I have considered, that open contact and sharing of information was done in the past, and led to great advancement in human civilization, but the timing of helping a primative species versus a more technologically advanced one leads me to conclude that any such ET would not really be that benevolent and altruistic. Either needing a resource or wanting to be worshiped.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
All very well thought out ideas to a good question. IMO, though, we can't begin to answer this question without a much more fundamental question being asked. That is, what are aliens. Are they truly beings from another planet? Are they us from the future, in which case any help could destroy their reality? Maybe they are from another demension and do not have the ability to effect our physical world. Then again, they could be some type of spirit manifestation and follow some kind of grand "no interference" policy from a higher being.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
well they wont untill [insert new-age nonsense here] Then when mankind has all atuned to the (or enlightened of the) [insert new-age nonsense here]. Man will be saved.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Hi, think your on the track. Let's take the Chernobyl incident for an example. Many Russian workers in the area at the time, shortly after the melt down, witnessed an orb fly over and spread beams down into the hole.

Immediately after it disappeared, the counter readings lowered to 3 rads.

My thought if this incident's true, their here to help. Help the planet from us idiots.

Decoy

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Maybe we are some experiment planted by aliens to foresee what humans could do...e.g. if they needed the DNA in a way for themselves or for biological suits or something.

Hell, I’ve been watching too much Doctor Who/Torchwood haha.

We ourselves have shown too much anger, pain and hatred in these thousands of years. Maybe aliens find a threat on their own lives e.g. if there was a tiger hunting a deer for example, would you help the deer – no you wouldn’t because you’d be too scared and it’s part of the food chain. Maybe we are in a food chain type thing with the planet, who knows?

Or aliens are beings that take pleasure in the torture of other planets and want to rule the whole universe or by being the superior ones – weakening other races.

Yup. Too much Doctor Who/Torchwood.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by kiwifoot

I think that may be a plausible line of thinking by any benevolent ETs. However, I go back to my universal family-big brother analogy, it is better to offer guidance or tell us how something works, and then allow us to either follow, ignore, or improve on that information.

I have considered, that open contact and sharing of information was done in the past, and led to great advancement in human civilization, but the timing of helping a primative species versus a more technologically advanced one leads me to conclude that any such ET would not really be that benevolent and altruistic. Either needing a resource or wanting to be worshiped.

I actually agree with that, very much so in fact.

The sharing of knowledge would hasten our journey immeasurably.

Of course, there is an argument to say they have already, but the folk they gave the goods to decided to keep it to themselves!!!

Or maybe there is really a Prime Directive, buggers probably caught Star Trek a while back and thought it was a good idea!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Excellent points. I'm approaching this, from a physical or physical manifest-capable being from our universe, or such from another universe who has entered our own.

Time travel humans, while I could understand why they would not interfere beyond a certain point, I don't know enough on time effect theories to go into a discussion on that.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Assuming our little green friends are indeed physical beings capable of interfering, we are still left with a big unknown. It is improbable that any intelligent species not of this earth would subscribe to the same type of mentality or morality that we do. With an entirely different evolution, there is no way for us to guess at their motives for anything they do. To try would simply be inserting our values and beliefs onto them.

For example, the aliens may not value the advancement of knowledge as we do. Instead they may jealously guard what they know and share it only with a certain class in their species. This would not seem like an evil thing for them to do, it would just be their way.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Maybe the Earth is just a zoo planet ..........now who wants to see the monkeys with their toys ?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The Aliens have no reason to help man. They have been against him and G_D from the beginning. They are not aliens, they are the fallen angels that Enoch and St. Paul speak of, they ARE demons. The demons will not publicly announce themselves to mankind, until the end. I realize that this is difficult for the unbeliever to grasp, but try. Christ taught us about demons, he publicly cast them out, He taught us about His Father. If the demons reveal themselves, they know that man will ultimately figure out that if they exist, then it means that G_D exists. But this won't happen until the end. G_D wants man to come to Him through FAITH, not physical proof. So the aliens won't/can't/are not allowed, to manifest themselves to the whole world, until the end.
Which maybe sooner than you think

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I have considered this. One of the things that made me post this thread now, I just finished reading another thread about Nordic aliens and another on some species who wants to help us advance, yet the ideas and analysis brought up here would seem to suggest that either those stories/aliens are fictional or misleading. Between that and the dwindling hope I have for any beneficial human advancement at this point, I had to belt that frustration laced post.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

When ever two cultures have come together, the one that is less advanced was destroyed by the more advanced. That, or the less developed one had their world view shatterd, and they sank into having to cope with exposure to a religion, or cosmology, and technology the less advanced culture could not understand. It's also possible we are cattle, aliens having their own reasons to not fully come into the open.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I don't know if those goes more under a theological discussion or alien, but if what you suggest is the case, any fallen angels demons should be open. You wouldn't have to say you were fallen or demons, just aliens. Doesn't ackwnoledge god. If anything, that should cause God to be more open himself. But I guess thats for another thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

The stories of aliens helping humankind may be neither fictional or intentionally misleading. Instead, they may simply be our characteristic hope coloring our perceptions. That's not a bad thing, just the way it is. It is still possible that there will be help (either external or internal) coming for our species. See, there goes that hope thing again!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join