It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't Aliens help humanity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm going with the depressing "politics" angle.

Different Alien groups have reached an agreement not to interfere with humanity because they have not reached the sufficient "level" yet and to do so would be immoral. Lots of complex politics involved when dealing with lower life forms. They only interfere in potential major threats such as nuclear wars etc.

To interfere would be to:

- Destroy major religions when everyone finds out man isn't the center of creation and God didn't make the universe in 7 days etc.

- No one would be a wage slave when theres free energy (no one would die for oil etc.)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They were s'posed to (help us) but to them we're why they're stuck here,
but if I were one of them I would help humanity knowing what's about to happen,
only they've decided to try and win against the human race -stupid aliens!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
The Aliens have no reason to help man. They have been against him and G_D from the beginning. They are not aliens, they are the fallen angels that Enoch and St. Paul speak of, they ARE demons. The demons will not publicly announce themselves to mankind, until the end. I realize that this is difficult for the unbeliever to grasp, but try. Christ taught us about demons, he publicly cast them out, He taught us about His Father. If the demons reveal themselves, they know that man will ultimately figure out that if they exist, then it means that G_D exists. But this won't happen until the end. G_D wants man to come to Him through FAITH, not physical proof. So the aliens won't/can't/are not allowed, to manifest themselves to the whole world, until the end.
Which maybe sooner than you think

I knew this was coming.
No offense, but you guys all sound the same.
Give us a source BESIDES THE BIBLE.
Jeez.

Edit to add: So, you guys are telling me that if we found - for argument's sake - a world like Pandora (from Avatar) with Humanoids (or other creatures), they would be Demons, huh?
I just don't get how people can take a single book and believe every single part of it to the tee...
I just don't get it.

[edit on 2/22/2010 by impaired]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
IF there IS a highly intelligent group of beings somewhere in the universe, why would they want to help a planet where so many of the planets inhabitants feel that the correct way to behave in their lifetime is to love and worship a violent, raging, mass-murdering god, along with his cast of imaginary friends in the sky, in exchange for hating and killing everyone around them on earth? Helping a planet instilled of such foolishness is a losing battle for any degree of intelligence out there.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by pplrnuts]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

To be brief, because of cosmic rules my friend. They do alot of work behind the scenes and they could come down right now if they wanted to and pretend to be gods who will save us. Imagine technology several thousands of years more advanced. And imagine they are also several thousands of years more advanced also spiritually. Of course they could turn our planet into wonderland in a short time, but that's not how things work. Despite that, they are here and they are very, very near. Trust me on that. And they did help many times in the past preventing the planet from blowing up or preventing the humans getting wiped out. Chernobyl and Tunguska are just two examples out of a dozen more. Society has to grow up to a certain level till we will be able to meet with them on a regular basis. That time is very near though and things are rapidly speeding up. There is a pretty big fight going on behind the scenes as to what the outcome will be. But don't be naive and think the whole situation is black and white. It's not. It's colorful and complicated in every way. Thankfully, it's looking relatively well so far, you just need to pay more attention to see progress on the physical level. On the spiritual (which is more important) it's visible generally more. Once the gate opens, there's no turning back. That was about the official part. The unofficial "black projects" part says basically the opposite - they threw us a few techno-bones, but normal people won't notice.

Peace.

[edit on 22/2/10 by Cybernet]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why do they not help? Cause they need not to. We can start our own pile of crap, we can pick it up. The freedom of choice is existent everyday. Everybody wants aliens to come down and save us, basically. One reply on this thread was do something to prove or do SOMETHING to help. 3 things; 1) why do you need THEM (external) to do something for YOU? You already KNOW what you gotta do, why do you need something external? 2) expecting them to "help" in a way that is within your judgement of appropriateness and 3)that you require YOU seeing them help or seeing the effects of their help. Forgive me, but I feel you people (people who hold this specific opinion) are part of the reason why they don't come. You're like the doubting Christian who isn't completely good but doesn't wanna be bad because unsure whether God exists. Do what YOU feel is right. Don't require external proof or external verification. Just do what you do. So to the main question, WHY do you require their assistance at all?

Forgive me if this seems less polite than the norm for me. Just, I know what it takes and HOW to go survive and still live in love and peace. The knowledge is out there. But nobody wants it. If they did, they'd have it. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They would not help humans directly for 2 reasons,

1. world religion would be invalidated. Bible 2.0?

2. we would eventually weaponize any technology they gave us.

I keep kids away from my guns and harmfull chemicals, so as children of the universe we should be treated no diferently!

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Niccawhois]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

Is what you've said what you believe, or is that from a source?

I agree they have likely helped in the past without notice. At this point, it seems that a large potion of humanity is looking for guidance, advice, or hope. By hope, I mean in the sense that we need to save ourselves to be apart of something bigger. As of now, we are the only intelligent species in the universe. If we analyze ourselves, I and many others might just see the longer we go, the worse off we will get until we destroy ourselves, and rightly so. Through that line of thinking, to know that there are others out there, especially benevolent, then there would be motivation to better ourselves to enter that universal stage.

Some here have said we have to do it for ourselves without needing motivation. While that is the ideal way, with the path we as a species have taken, I don't think it can be. There must be a motivating/hope factor. In the same way you can ask, Why get a college education if you wont make anymore money or get a better job, why try to fix humanity if the fix would only further greed, power, corruption, and destruction?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

Lots of interesting ideas, most are far from reality, some are close, almost touching the truth.

There are three local factions currently interacting with Earth. These are (using my terms/names); 1) The Pleiadian Federation, 2)the Zetan Empire, and 3) the Consortium.

The Federation is a group that is represented by a group of Humanoid (in this case near Humans) from roughly the Pleiades. The Zetan Empire is the Reptiles and Greys. The Consortium is a mixed group of Humanoids, and a Silicon Based species.

The Zetas are currently and actively interacting with Earth and her governments. The Federation has a Non-Interference Policy and will not interact until there has been a disclosure to the world's population. The COnsortium is simply watching ... for now.

All three groups engage in negotiations from time to time, these talks are aimed at integrating Earth into the local stellar community.

The idea of Earth not being ready for contact is a false one. Earth is currently at a point where the governments will need to disclose, and accept open contact from all three of these groups.

The reason for this is that Earth is now a "Warp Society" (Star Trek term), meaning that now that Earth has effective FTL and space/time warp capability, and thus the ability to move beyond it solar system, it virtually MUST, become of member of something larger, and learn to play by interstellar rules.

There is a fourth faction near Earth, these are a group from the Galixy Andromeda. This group is my source of information.

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Aliens are to us what we are to our pets and other animal species we might find on our planet.

We don't help them.
I don't know why we don't help them.
I guess because it upsets the ecosystem, or the laws or balance of nature.

Some kind of "indigenous species only" rules for interaction here on earth?

Or it might be compared to Columbus and the Indians.
Europeans carried disease the native American Indians and Islanders were not immune to.

Maybe they are here and they are helping? Which still could go either way depending on whether you think things are getting better or worse.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

I love everything about your post from both an entertainment perspective, as well as a conceivable reality.

That being said, how did you come across this information for both the aliens and FTL human tech? Channel, direct contact, an inside human source?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We are under constant manipulation, from those who help us, from those who think they are helping, and from those who know they are serving their best interest.

We have our free will and for some reason they must all recognize it as much as possible, some try harder than others.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wolf321,

I share immensely your concern and frustration. All that apparent indifference only points to one conclusion: experiment; just like we don’t rush in the animal kingdom to save the preys from the predators. If there’s a God as the religious like to preach, you have to wonder why is he/it letting “these demons” tamper with his creation and ultimately ‘him/itself” so much? As precious as life is supposed to be, this sort of food chain is some cruel and funny way to show it. And I’ve always find the concept of necessary evil ironic. Maybe its just because we are genetically masochist.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There is God.
There is Allah. ( The same God of Abrham, only different.)
There are Angels.
There are Aliens.

What I read in the bible says:
God and angels are most definitely aliens.

There are those who don't believe or deny God and angels, but do believe aliens visit the planet.

What is it, what makes aliens different ?
The bible tells about another species. Why would it ?
Why would it warns us from what we see in the sky and below the water ?

Could it be because there are bad aliens out to get us.
Or.
Could it be to keep us dumb because they are bad willing ?

[edit on 22/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

Hell yeah - I forgot about that...They're afraid we'll shoot them!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Ha ha! You shouldn't have, that's like the first scenario.

But seriously though, why don't we start by helping our damn selves first by getting rid of this primitive nature that's like a virus in the whole cosmic.
THAT, we can and must do it anytime. Right and wrong is not a question of evolution.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The reason they don't contact us collectively is because your average person isn't ready. We do not get along with each other... how are we going to get along with people from other worlds? At this point in time, humanity is driven by greed and arrogance. There are a small few who aren't blinded by the push for profit, getting that next sale, but most governments would try to exploit our visitors and they know this. All they have to do is monitor our news transmissions. Why should they risk themselves for us? We need to make it right down here before we go up there.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

just want to see a VALID reason
why there is no openess and assistance.

I can give you a VALID reason if you're willing to accept some initial premises.

Premise one
We are not merely bodies. We are an eternal spiritual consciousness inhabiting physical form. When we incarnate into bodies, we voluntarily subject ourselves to a memory less. Traditional reincarnation, with no memory of previous lives.

Premise two
Free will is an integral component in this universe. You may choose as you please.

Premise three
All consciousness that exists, exists as in integrated whole. "All is one." However, just like we are spirits that incarnate into phsyical bodies, and when we do we are not aware of all our other lives...so too are their non-physical levels of consciousness that are not directly aware of the integration of the whole.

Therefore
Since we are eternal, all suffering is temporary. And with all of eternity to work with, it's extremely likely that there are consciousnesses who choose to experience suffering. Why? For the same reason that some people watch horror movies. They know they're not really going to get hurt just from watching a movie, so they can enjoy feeling the fear and the thrill from going into a dark movie theatre...focusing on the movie instead of their "real life."

Similarly, all of physical existence is like going to a movie. There are both comedies and tragedies to choose from, and no one is going to stop you if you choose one or the other. Lamenting in misery and begging for help that is promised but never received is a valid story. As is being resuced by some benevolent force. But how are aliens supposed to know which story is the one we wanted?

why would they not help us out openly?

Nobody expects an audience member to rush up on stage and help Hamlet. It would be unwarranted and unwelcome.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by perplexor

Aside from men and governments trying to use the existence of ET to manipulate other humans, I don't think that ETs could be manipulated by humans. I don't think they would have anything to fear from us, as they would be so far advanced.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Funny you should approach this topic from that direction. I agree, that what you base your premise off of may be the case. And sadly, I just recently made a post in a thread I had started with little success in which I said the following:

I was reading on finding your purpose in life on various websites and one suggested that in order to do this, you must write down an answer to the question "What is my purpose in life?" until you reach one that makes you cry. Well, I don't know how an answer that describes your purpose should make you cry, but I tied it, to some extent, and the one that evoked the most emotional response, is : to merely observe the world in a time of great change for humanity, and ultimately die, having made little impact on the whole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join