It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane crashes into Austin building

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Plane crashes into Austin building

www.usatoday.com

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Authorities are investigating a reported plane crash into a seven-story office building in north Austin.

Black smoke was coming from the building Thursday morning. The building is located on a major highway in the city.

Dawn Clopton, a division chief with the Austin Fire Department, said two people from the building are unaccounted for. She said it was a small private plane that crashed. There was no other immediate information.
(visit the link for the full news article)

********DUE TO NUMEROUS CONTRIBUTORS REDUNDANTLY POSTING THE PILOT'S "MANIFESTO", LET IT BE NOTED THAT IT HAS ALREADY BEEN COVERED AND DOES NOT NECESSITATE ANY ADDITIONAL COVERAGE********

*****Manifesto Here: www.benpadiah.com...

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I just saw this, as it is breaking news, there is not much to ad at this time. I doubt it was a terrorist attack, but noteworthy nonetheless. I will post more as news becomes available. Anyone here on ATS live in or near the Austin area that might have more insight into this? So far there are two people unaccounted for. The photographs of the building show lots of smoke and shattered windows.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT:

********DUE TO NUMEROUS CONTRIBUTORS REDUNDANTLY POSTING THE PILOT'S "MANIFESTO", LET IT BE NOTED THAT IT HAS ALREADY BEEN COVERED AND DOES NOT NECESSITATE ANY ADDITIONAL COVERAGE********

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i just broke this story like 10 min ago. check out my thread homie. but thanks for the extra coverage. every little helps

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My questions...

Did the building symmetrically collapse into it's own footprint?

Will Osama bin Laden claim responsibility in a Al CIA Duh videotape?

We Surround them...Think about that!

[edit on 18-2-2010 by TaZCoN]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I commented on your thread then it moved to BTSs . Anyway it's too early to call this a conspiracy yet. Keep your eyes open.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The plane apparently crashed into a office building next door to the FBI building. Could this be of any significance?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Watching it now on MSNBC. I'm trying to figure out where the building is but can't yet.

Looks like some decent damage to the five or six story building by a 6 passenger Piper Cherokee 140. Must have been full of fuel or is a larger plane.

IRS, CIA and FBI have offices in the building.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Eisgeist]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Does anyone else find it interesting that the building that was hit by the plane is right next to the Austin FBI headquarters building? Did someone miss their target?

It seems to be more than just a coincidence in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I commented on your thread then it moved to BTSs . Anyway it's too early to call this a conspiracy yet. Keep your eyes open.

how does it move there. because i jus typed in below top secret in my address bar. and it went exactly to my thread bout this????

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

That's what I'm thinking I also found it kind of odd on how quickly they said it wasn't terrorist related.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
[edit on 18-2-2010 by Xraided5]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Man, I just made a thread in the Breaking News Forum on this. I believe I'll leave it up to everyone else from now on to take care of the Breaking News.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xraided5

That's what I'm thinking I also found it kind of odd on how quickly they said it wasn't terrorist related.

Agreed, How do they know so fast that this is not terrorist related?
I am watching the coverage on TV and there was quite a bit a damage just from one small plane. It must have been loaded with fuel.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blaws572

No. Your thread is about a different plane crash.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't find it strange that they would try to limit the thoughts that this could be a terrorist attack. Anytime a plane hits a building it's only natural for people to connect that to a terrorist attack (edit: in their minds).

It's best to start off saying that it was not a terrorist attack until proven otherwise.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Styki]

link   

Originally posted by Eisgeist
IRS, CIA and FBI have offices in the building.

If this is true, then one has to at least keep open the possibility of a terrorist attack...or a disgruntled tax payer. This is a horrible scenario for those injured and killed...but if it affects income tax returns, then there will be a lot more 'victims'...possibly even me

link   
There's a live feed on CNN
CNN.com...

I heard from my brother who works 2 blocks from here. He said: It's just about 2 blocks away from my office.
I'm in the Arboretum and it crashed very close to us.
Smoke was everywhere.
Fire trucks are going crazy."

My niece works very close also and she said "The accident happened 2 blocks from this building. A single engine plane crashed into the office building across from 360. Felt the earth move."

One eyewitness says it was a small plane that buzzed right over his head and it was going really fast.

Another eyewitness says IRS offices in that building too.

Prettys cary stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I'm watching it on CNN and it seems like the only people they can get on the phone to report what happened are from the alphabet agencies.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Press conference on now...

Just sent to me..

kenshane:IRS offices, possible explosive device, direct flight path. Doesn't sound like an accident. #austinplanecrash #atxplanecrash

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Eyewitness said he tracked the plane and it travelled directly towards the building

[edit on 18-2-2010 by infinite]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join