It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane crashes into Austin building

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wonder if it had any suspicious lumps on the bottom.
Because for the size of plane and the type of building it should not have been that bad, even if it was 100% full with fuel. Add to that all of the federal buildings there, especially the FBI building next door to it. Then immediately they said it was not a terrorist, how do they know? Do they know the guy who was flying the plane already? I highly doubt it! If it is declared a terrorist attack the Repubs will have a field day!

Edit to add: Maybe Joe Biden was right!

[edit on 2/18/10 by Misoir]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by infinite

This does not seem to be an accident in my opinion. People are reporting a direct flight path to the building. It looks like to pilot did not even try to avoid it according to the eye witnesses. Its quite a coincidence that it happens to be a building that government agencies were occupying. Plus based on the amount of damage it looks like the plane might have been loaded up with fuel for maximum damage.

Does anyone know if there is an airport nearby this area?
No airports within about 15 miles.

Many eye witnesses are reporting seeing the left wing dip down right before impact as if he was trying to possibly pull out, but that he was flying at a VERY low altitude making a B-line straight for the Echelon building.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The SR22 Aircraft was equipped with a parachute...

cirrusaircraft.com...

[edit to add image]

[edit on 18-2-2010 by phyla2012]

link   
Watch this be blamed on Tea Party supporters and Anti Tax Libertarians.

Let the villainization begin.

[edit on 18/2/10 by MikeboydUS]

link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by infinite

I am praying right now that there is no other incident today, if so, we are toast.
All of us.

Calm down dear, you will be fine promise.

link   
Rumor is this guy set his house on fire, then flew his plane into the IRS building. Must of had tax problems

-E-

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I can't find any news about the pilot setting fire to his own house prior to taking off. Does anyone have a link?

link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Fox news just said he intentionally set his own house on fire then proceeded to crash his plane into the IRS building. They are saying it was intentional.

If this is true...in conjunction with a previous poster noting that the IRS was housed in this building....then I am almost ready to call this a disgruntled tax payer.

link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thank you. Its always good to receive good promises.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Fox news just said he intentionally set his own house on fire then proceeded to crash his plane into the IRS building. They are saying it was intentional.

Thats the problem with Faux news though...there is no facts supporting this at all, they are giving their opinion and presenting it as fact.

Is it intentional? common sense says yes, but it is not fact until its researched...perhaps the guy went nuts, lit his home on fire, then flew off...wanted to freak out the people in the building by buzzing them, and lost control...or perhaps he had a stroke considering what he just did, or...or...

I mean...ya, I would bet a dollar that its intentional, the news however needs to reserve their opinions...just present the facts, we can figure it out from there.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by mishigas

I can't find any news about the pilot setting fire to his own house prior to taking off. Does anyone have a link?

they are talking about it on the msm television...might not be updated online yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

That's one way to solve your tax problems...

Suicide is a theory being floated around, not terrorism.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I know theres no conspiracy to this, but isn't it weird that in two days two planes crashed. That was the first thing that poped into my mind when I read about this

[edit on 18-2-2010 by NightFlyer96]

link   
If it is just a disgruntled tax payer he sure showed a helluva way to let the IRS know how he feels.

link   
The news just reported that the guy flying the plane had a beef with the IRS and he burnt his house down and then flew his plane into the building on purpose with a full tank of gas.. WOW

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
CNN: cherrokee 140 plane came in at full throttle, coming in low, almost clipped the top of a light pole.

link   
A guy in the building said after the plane blew up, there was a secondary explosion a few seconds afterwards.. Plane may have had oil/fertilizer on
board (IF it was confirmed it was intentional)...

link   
regardless of whether it was a terrorist attack from another country or not this was a terrorist attack, if the guy flew the plane into the building intentionally then it was a terrorist attack, maybe not the kind we all think of, but when someone deliberately causes harm to many people they would be labled as a terrorist, he caused terror and he did it on purpose

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I would also bet a dollar that this guy watched alot of Glen Beck....went absolutely bonkers from it and did this.

Some people know how to handle endless fearmongering, some people crack up.

just my theory.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Whatever had happened, had already happened. May the 2 unaccounted for, whomever they are, be found quickly unhurt, rushed for medical aid, together with the pilot, and the firefighters put out the fires quickly, everyone evacuated to a safe area, with the building authorities inspect the building for any worse structural damage.

May all air traffic controllers be alert now for any further out of pattern flights. The blame game can come later.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join