It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline passengers have 'no right' to refuse naked body scanners

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Not only is this a violation of self privacy, epsecially for women! but literally is sick and insane. You all know as well as i do, the security people ebhind the monitors are going woohaw and yeehaw the women they can see naked now* and prob do a lil more than that, like masturbate when no ones looking. IM not trying to sound sick too you all, butits bound to happen, mark my words* epsecially if the security guy is an unregisered pedophile, no ones caught yet, lookin at infant and young kids naked body scans*
how perverted technology has made things
maybe people shold join together and try to stop going to that airport for now, hurt hteir precious ripp off pockets* not like flying is the safeest wayt o fly anymore anyways. better off with a train, bus, car, or subway.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Well, this is an UK court, not a US court, but even if it had been, my opinion would be the same... You do not have a 'right' to fly via commercial airlines which operate out of public airports. It is a privledge, not a right. Thus, you must submit to whatever security measures are emplaced by the governing body for that airport. So no, you do not have the right to refuse to submit to said security measures. Don't like the scanners, don't fly... Simple really!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
i can understand 2 things:

we aren't forced to use airplanes...so we don't make the rules...we don't buy the planes.

but, because the "Flying" institution is so huge and now almost required for some people, this should be much more open to the passengers not the company...it's helping the company under the guise of "protecting passengers against terrorism"

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Not only is this a violation of self privacy, epsecially for women! but literally is sick and insane. You all know as well as i do, the security people ebhind the monitors are going woohaw and yeehaw the women they can see naked now* and prob do a lil more than that, like masturbate when no ones looking. IM not trying to sound sick too you all, butits bound to happen, mark my words* epsecially if the security guy is an unregisered pedophile, no ones caught yet, lookin at infant and young kids naked body scans*
how perverted technology has made things
maybe people shold join together and try to stop going to that airport for now, hurt hteir precious ripp off pockets* not like flying is the safeest wayt o fly anymore anyways. better off with a train, bus, car, or subway.

"Especially women" how the hell do you work that one out. Are you a saying a fanny (Uk variety ;-) ) deserves more privacy than a willy?

As for the masturbation assumption I think you need a dose of reality. Ignoring the FACT that the images are far from photographic we'll assume they are, so consider this whilst you watch a crowd. You will be viewing every single one of them naked....given the various shapes, sizes and ages I think you would need a strong stomach!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The alleged christmas bomb attempt was staged, everything points to it in fact I believe I posted somewhere more than 10 reasons why its a conspiracy. This whole incident was planned in order to introduce these in to airports, TPTB needed a valid reason to install them in our airports. This is yet another breach of our god damn human rights!

I myself will not be vacationing this year, the main reason is because I am convinced that these scanners are detremental to ones health and that there is much more to these scanners that meets the eye. I believe that after sometime they are up and running, photos will appear on the internet, which will lead to court cases, it will be interesting to see what will happen after that.

What will it talke for people to realise that little by little we are turning in to slaves to the nation.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
No choice.... Machine scanned strip search

("no choice" ) means "Mandatory"

no other choice situation

no choice ...means .....
I have to do this or not be allowed to fly ..and this is just for starters
Because this strip search machine will start appearing every where ...
At all entrances to train/boat/metro/underground stations...
all public building

Sounds like a serious invasion of my privacy and my human rights
It will also restricting my freedom of movement through travel and attending public functions once this starts getting out of hand

and no I do not have anything to hide ...being a women
I just don't want my underwear stripped off me by a machine
everytime I want to travel...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Any UK passport holders,check out what it says on the inside cover of your passport:

"Her Britannic Majesty's
Secretary of State
Requests and requires in the
Name of Her Majesty
all those whom it may concern
to allow the bearer to pass freely
without let or hindrance,
and to afford the bearer
such assistance and protection
as may be neccessary.

I consider a full body scan as a hindrance.

"protection as may be neccessary"

Then lets have proper protection that works instead of these naked body scanners(which do not always detect explosives).
How about this system,which costs a similar amount,but is faster,more accurate,and does not affect peoples personal privacy:

The University’s Explosive Residue Detection system can remotely scan crowded areas, such as airports and train stations, automatically alerting an operator if it detects traces of explosives. The system is non-invasive, works in real time, causes no delays to passengers and is fully automated, ruling out human error, and the images produced are no more controversial than those generated by CCTV.

www.lboro.ac.uk...

No lets use the inferior and privacy busting naked body scanners instead...
Makes you wonder...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Looks like I'm going to be wearing lead underpants then!

Seriously though, why is everyone so prudish about being seen naked? The security people are professionals. It's no different to dropping your keks to get a tattoo on your arse. Actually, it's not even that bad, as the images they see are really not that detailed.

There aren't many people who haven't seen me naked (usually following large quantities of alcohol).

Don't want to be scanned, don't fly.

BTW, to the previous poster suggesting using a train or other forms of transport, this is the UK, we're an island, we generally don't catch internal flights and you've obviously never used the British train network. It's shockingly bad!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Conditioning for this has been going on for years in the media and gaming industries.
I'll give three examples. PC games DOOM and Half Life 2. Both of which required that you go through full body scanners.
Total Recall had a full body scanner, although that produced a skeletal image, but the principle is the same.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply by >>>> malcr
.........................................................................................
"Especially women" how the hell do you work that one out. Are you a saying a fanny (Uk variety ;-) ) deserves more privacy than a willy?

As for the masturbation assumption I think you need a dose of reality. Ignoring the FACT that the images are far from photographic we'll assume they are, so consider this whilst you watch a crowd. You will be viewing every single one of them naked....given the various shapes, sizes and ages I think you would need a strong stomach!!!!!!
...........................................................................................

maybe you can try explaining that
it is only a menstruation pad that you are wearing
after that fool "captain explosive underpants"
went and padded himself out between his legs ....

for goodness sake
can we please leave us women with some dignity

edited because quote did not work

[edit on 27-1-2010 by xsheep]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Attention to the powers that be...
If I ever have to have a full body scan at any airport.I am NOT
responsible for any airline security personnel being temporarily
blinded by seeing my naked body!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
WHAAAT? passengers have no rights to refuse body scanners?

I never jumped into the body scanner fray, but this article that was posted today states that passengers have no rights when it comes to body scanners.

What has this world come to? was this really caused by the underwear bomber?

The underwear bomber was in all likelihood contracted by the war industry to commit his stunt in order for airports to sign the contracts for the scanners that had been under negotiation for a long time, and to warrant the increase in budgets for other purchases of equipments.

I wonder how much he was paid?

Having worked in public sector procurement there's no way they had been able to open a tender, produce the specifications, wait for suppliers to submit their quotations, evaluate, place orders and wait for delivery and installation within such a short space of time. That is usually a 6 month process AT A MINIMUM. Often much longer.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Looks like I'm going to be wearing lead underpants then!

Seriously though, why is everyone so prudish about being seen naked? The security people are professionals. It's no different to dropping your keks to get a tattoo on your arse. Actually, it's not even that bad, as the images they see are really not that detailed.

There aren't many people who haven't seen me naked (usually following large quantities of alcohol).

Don't want to be scanned, don't fly.

BTW, to the previous poster suggesting using a train or other forms of transport, this is the UK, we're an island, we generally don't catch internal flights and you've obviously never used the British train network. It's shockingly bad!

Not to mention that driving can take forever, even on motorways, unless you do it at nighttime.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDon
No more flying home back to the UK for me then it seems.

By the way isn't it strange that all those guys wishing to bomb flights to the US (and why only the US?) ALL decide to fly out from the UK, when there are other airports with far more relaxed security measures.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
i too will not go through these things....we should all simply not fly to airports with these things installed...if we do this now other airports will think again about installing them maybe...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
they have every right to refuse. if they don't like it they can walk!

Being an old airline employee, I can tell you that Raine is correct. Flying with an airline is not a Right, it’s a Privilege, and you agree to the airlines terms and conditions when you agree to do business with that airline. If you do not like the terms, then you can merrily go on your way and find another mode of transport.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I'm from the UK and I give these body scanners a warm welcome. I know quite a lot of you are against this and feel that it infringes your liberties, but we live in a different world now.

I completely hated the bull # that was feed to us by Bush and Blair about global terror but the fact is, regardless of how exaggerated and blown out of proportion it was, global terror does exist and it is on the increase.

Just recently our terror level has increased but details are scarce as the home office don't want to give away too much info which could hinder the operations they are taking against the suspected terrorists.

Islamic Radical Groups have more potential to pop up, operate and cause problems here in the UK because we have a large Muslim community.
I do stress however that not all Muslims are radicals. People seem to forget about the IRA here at home, which could be classed as a Christian Extremist Group.

I also travel a lot too and from ships that I join and work on, usually by flying. A technology like this being implemented in to airport security is something that makes me feel a little more at ease.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Any UK passport holders,check out what it says on the inside cover of your passport:

"Her Britannic Majesty's
Secretary of State
Requests and requires in the
Name of Her Majesty
all those whom it may concern
to allow the bearer to pass freely
without let or hindrance,
and to afford the bearer
such assistance and protection
as may be neccessary.

That is really grasping at straws. They are simply going to tell you that you are free to leave the country by any means you wish, but if you want to board an aircraft you have to accept the terms that go along with flying on that airlines. You are more then welcome to walk/swim off the island, paddle a boat, rent a jet-ski, make a raft out of sea turtles, etc…

[edit on 1/27/2010 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

Originally posted by TheDon
No more flying home back to the UK for me then it seems.

By the way isn't it strange that all those guys wishing to bomb flights to the US (and why only the US?) ALL decide to fly out from the UK, when there are other airports with far more relaxed security measures.

Actually the man was a Nigerian student, studying in London. The trans-Atlantic bombers that were caught were home grown if I remember correctly.

You are right to some extent, but the UK provides a better launch platform for such attacks due to the fact that there is a large and diverse Muslim community in the UK. The terrorists can use this to mask and support their cause.

However, don't forget that some of the terrorists involved in 9/11 went to flying schools in the US.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I believe I am going to open an airport and airline.

The rules-

Smoking allowed
First two drinks free
There will be no first class they can fly on their own frelling planes
Security measure are old school-metal detectors random checks and all people that are of descent of a terrorist activity in the past 20 years, gets profiled, air marshal/copilot on all planes
Anyone whining can kiss my ***

What do you think?

Think it will work?

I will fly your airline only, Make sure you have plenty of Bud-Light on-board.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join