It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA Releases First Images Of Manta Ray Underwater Drone During In-Water Testing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wonder how many USOs these are going to cause.

They are command and control platforms, and autonomous.

Makes me think they will be motherships to release other smaller drones like the Air Force has admitted to be working on.

Stunningly beautiful.

Link

As we have already reported here, on April 8, 2024, Northrop Grumman Corporation unveiled the first image online of a full-scale prototype of the Manta Ray, an innovative uncrewed underwater vehicle (UUV). Described as a new class of UUV, the Manta Ray is an extra-large glider designed to undertake extended-duration, long-range, and payload-capable undersea missions independently, without requiring on-site human logistics.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Pretty cool looking! But this tech is mostly going in the wrong direction with regards to artificial intelligence, imo.

It's been said that DARPA R&D is ~30 years ahead of current technology.

If that's the case, then it's highly plausible that although this is a genuine project, yes, it may also provide a cover for tech that's well beyond this platform.

The Chinese will have a prototype fielded before the end of the year lol. They probably have most of the plans already! Bet I can buy one of these real soon on Temu or AliExpress hahahaha..

edit on 2-5-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Looks like something from the old show SeaQuest DSV.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

It's been said that DARPA R&D is ~30 years ahead of current technology.

That's about right. Probably closer to 20 years, though.

I've done work for them in the past.

Very, very smart people.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I immediately thought of this -

Yeah I'm old

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I immediately thought of this - Yeah I'm old

me to , every saturday night / sunday morning MeTv, i start watching from 11 pm central time.

edit on 2-5-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
STINGRAY.......

I'm old too.

NB - I also believe this is cover for way more advanced tech. If not, then I'd be disappointed in their supposed intellectual superiority.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

The USO alien tech is insane - 800 knots under the water apparently, buzzing submarines regularly. Submarines are irrelevant to those alien tech phenomena, they're just slow bathtubs by comparison.

top topics

join