It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the ignorant hate spewed about Islam because of American propaganda.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

before this gets ugly...

are you looking for news reports, or personal experiences?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Ah yes, however when we have things like extreme Mormons that do what they do we shut it down. did you watch the events last year? we address the issues. I believe in freedom of religion, but a book that instructs dominance and death to those that do not follow, is Evil. and My friend, if this is what you are defending then yes, God help you. the Us in not perfect, however we choose life and freedom. again Why do all ranges of religions want to come here?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord

before this gets ugly...

are you looking for news reports, or personal experiences?

It's not going to get ugly. I'm honestly curious. I suspect however that it's more of a knee-jerk accusation based more in personal bias than facts.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

If I'm understanding your statement...

I see what you're trying to say. There are many Christians in the United States that have self-inflated egos of importance and righteousness. Though, the general consensus is that if you don't believe in the Christian "god", you'll simply go to hell. It's a bit different if you don't believe in Allah...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

All the Abrahamic religions direct their followers to kill non believers.
Jesus didn't really talk that up but he never disavowed it either.
People these days howl that Muslims are the only ones that have that ugly
skeleton in their closet. But so do the christians and Jews and if they deny it
they either don't know their own faith or they're liars.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

But what matters is they don't pursue it.

And that's the kicker, my friend

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

but are thay doing it right now? no. so why bring up the past as justification for whats going on in the world today with islam

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I'm sorry, but your post is very misinformed. You put down religion, specifically Christianity and Islam, because of the lives lost as a result of those religions. The only murders in the name of Christianity that are even worth mentioning are the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades.
The crusades were not even a Christian vs. Muslim war anyway. It may have been Christians fighting back, but it was not a war over who was right, it was a war over reclaiming land that was taken by the sword by Muslims over the years. Non-Christians were just as much a part of trying to REGAIN THEIR OWN LAND BACK.

Let's not forget how many people died at the hands of atheists either. There are plenty of abortions and murders to go around

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You religious tools will never stop fighting amongst yourselves. The real adversaries of any divine existance are the very ones whom call themselves members of ANY of the foolish religions. Now continue fighting against your fellow brothers and sisters you tools.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

but are thay doing it right now? no. so why bring up the past as justification for whats going on in the world today with islam

I'm not justifying anything Islam or anyone else is doing.
In fact I think they're all batsh1t crazy.

But make no mistake... if christians could get away with offing the non-believers, they would.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
[edit on 22-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

I'm not justifying anything Islam or anyone else is doing.
In fact I think they're all batsh1t crazy.

But make no mistake... if christians could get away with offing the non-believers, they would.
So you think Christians feel it would be OK to Kill someone because that person doesn't carry the Christians Faith?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

i think all religion is nuts aswell but i never seen christians act as bad as muslims, ISLAM is a huge threat to all the world look at dafur, bangladesh, and turkey

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
IDF in Haiti on twitter

Ok where are the Muslim nations?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
ok. I have been lurking here for a looooong time. This post is so annoying, that I joined ATS just to reply! So here it is. I challenge anyone to tell me of ANY religion that hasn't killed/conquered/coerced people in human history. Their AIN'T one.
it all boils down to this. Religion is a HUMAN invention. It has flaws. Big ones. In theory, religion has the potential to be positive. In practice, as usual humans have severely screwed it up. Humans as a species have flaws. Color/location/class/origin/religion/sexual preference, etc. it doesn't matter. All humans have the same basic flaws everywhere on our planet. Until we mature as a species and give up our favorite planetary pastime of tribal warefare, we are doomed. As a species, it's long past time for us to grow up and behave in a positive, productive, peaceful and caring manner. (

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I personally don't care what religion people choose to associate with...their overall actions are what means the most to me...and here is a perfect example..this is one funny a@@ muslim...lol

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
IDF in Haiti on twitter

Ok where are the Muslim nations?

Under occupation politically and militarily by western nations.

IDF human harvesting going good?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by madmax7774

And I agree with most of your post.
But.. in general the Christian Idea is to help
I personally don't like "religion"

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The other day, when I was traveling, I noticed that 2 older Islamic individuals were going to be flying the same flight I was. I'll be honest, I was petrified! I started to wonder if I may not land where I want to (or be dead when I did).

So I texted my mom and dad "I love you" just to be sure.

I made it though! Thank God....

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
In Western nations, there must be separation between Church and State

Islam, by comparison, is all-encompassing. Islamic religion is more than a religion, it's a culture which permeates all areas of Muslims' lives

The Christian religion, for example, does not dictate how women dress. It's entirely possible for Christians to be devout without being required to conform to a 'Christian Dress Code'

Something else that indicates there's something very unequal occurring in nations which host a large Muslim population: in the UK, since the huge numbers of muslim migrants, Christians have been forced to remove Christmas trees, to cancel Christmas plays in schools, etc. and there's a move to cancel the traditional 'Happy Christmas' greetings in cards and on shop-fronts and adopt instead 'Happy Holidays' and the like

However, at the same time Brits are being forced to dismantle their own culture in their own land because it might offend Muslims -- the UK government this year issued a memo to all public servants, instructing them NOT to eat in front of Muslim colleagues 'because they are observing Ramadan'

??

Inequality is apparent, wouldn't you say ?

Yet the British population did not extend an open invitation to Muslims migrants. That was the work of politicians who might be in office three years or less

The UK (and other) host populations are beaten into the ground by their politician and media, regarding the demands that they must not 'discriminate' with regard to muslim migrants

At the same time, muslim migrants are frequently in the news for killing or mutilating members of their families who have chosen not to proceed with arranged marriages to muslims and instead have chosen to enter a relationship with a non-muslim member of the host population

Similarly, the media frequently reports the murder or mutilation of a muslim who has chosen to wear Western dress similar to that worn by the host population

The muslim 'honour' murderers/mutilators, when questioned in court, frequently claim they were justified in the murder or mutilation of which they are guilty on the ground that the muslim victim has chosen TO assimilate via clothing or partner

So .... we have a situation where the host population is threatened into 'accepting without demur' the destruction of their OWN culture -- the ceasation of traditional celebration of their OWN religion AND are warned they MUST be accepting of the muslim migrant population and its culture, religion and MUST assimilate

yet muslims refuse to assimilate and do their utmost (including murder and mutilation) to ensure muslims will NOT assimilate into the host culture.
Muslims are tried for the murders and mutilations they commit, but there is NO insistence that THEY must assimilate

Apparently, the onus is placed by governments upon the host population who are told they must NOT discrimate against muslim migrants who OPENLY discriminate against them

And they wonder why host populations have had enough of it !

Dude what are you talking about seriously, no dress code for christians, you surely don't read the bible. PAUL TOLD WOMEN TO COVER THEMSELVES UP, ESPECIALLY IN PRAYER.

1 Corinthians 11:5-10: "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but tthe woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels."

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join