It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the ignorant hate spewed about Islam because of American propaganda.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have serious concerns about Islam.

Not based on CNN.

Based on their own words. And based on the meaning they give those words.

Peace, Equality, Justice are three examples of words that DO NOT mean the same thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What do you mean where does he get that from? Look at the Sudan and many African countrys. Total genocide if your anything other than a muslim.

To the OP,

I'm totally sick of muslims spewing propoganda about the US!

If America is so bad why is it filling up with them?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I have serious concerns about Islam.

Not based on CNN.

Based on their own words. And based on the meaning they give those words.

Peace, Equality, Justice are three examples of words that DO NOT mean the same thing.

Absolutely.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Excuse me but when Islamic invasion came into Europe like the UK a long time ago didn't they rape the men kill the women and eat the babies?

Gosh people really need to learn their history.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just posting to share my concern that the OP is under the mistaken impression that all of us are led by the nose by the media. That's a serious insult to our intelligence, and I think you should apologize.

Let's use some common sense...

If we here all were brainwashed by the media...why would we be here posting? Hm. Food for thought.

Oh, and despite cries of racism or bigotry- OP has received numerous valid points from the Koran stating precisely why people feel the way they do about Muslims. For the OP to continue to ignore the exact proof they claimed to want, makes this entire thread pointless.

Looks like Op just wanted a soapbox to spout from. 7 pages...looks like Op did pretty well

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Worse than the Taliban’ - new law rolls back rights for Afghan women

The final document has not been published, but the law is believed to contain articles that rule women cannot leave the house without their husbands' permission, that they can only seek work, education or visit the doctor with their husbands' permission, and that they cannot refuse their husband sex.

Nadia's husband, to avenge a dispute he had with her father, cut off her nose and ear while she was sleeping. She has undergone six operations and needs more. "I don't know anything about happiness," 17-year-old Nadia said. (Photo: Lynsey Addario for The New York Times

www.rawa.org...

I don't have anything against muslim men except everything they say do or think. I wish I were a Trump heir and could buy some big island somewhere and plan a mass exodus for all the women and children who wished to escape the middle east.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Bombeni]

link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by dariousg

Can't help noticing how OFTEN you inject the word 'HATE' into every possible sentence

Is it part of an agenda ?

Or do you just like the sound of the word 'HATE' ?

I don't see anyone else using it anywhere near as often as you

It's almost as if you're using the drip-drip technique of brainwashing

Almost as if you use it (maybe subconsciously ?) to engrave it into people's minds

Hope you won't mind the observation

Peace and hugs

oh and don`t forget ignorance he used it as much if not more

link   
Unfortunately, books like the Bible and Quran are so full of contradictions and hypocrisy that anything in them can be misinterpreted. This is why there are so many different kinds of Christianity and so many different levels of the Islamic religion.

But, for the record, I have some great Muslim friends who aren't extreme by any means

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
OK, as has been said the problem is NOT your mate habib or muhammod that shares a joke with you around the drink machine at lunch - it's about the preachers, the leaders, the sheiks and the imams who proclaim that everything western is evil and despicable.

Why? Because they influence many more people.

Just recently here a mosque required zoning approval to accommodate a maximum of 100 people, when they themselves had been holding prayer for over 200 in recent years. The establishment was not setup for that number. That many people influenced by one mans ideology. One mans Interpretation. And I cast no allegations towards that mosque, I just use it as an item of numbering. The numbers are growing beyond even their own control.

Now, look at places like Lakemba in Australia. There has been more than one case of an imam denigrating the entire population as immoral, evil, not worthy of consideration to an entire congregation of followers who eat up their every world.

NO ONE STANDS UP AGAINST THEM. This is the fundamental issue. Oh we hear of small segments in pockets who say "I disagree" But where is the absolute decree of "IT IS NOT ON" ?? not from the family next door who sneer as they drive the mini van to the shops with the wife in the back seat.

One sheik here went so far as to justify the gang rape of teenagers because "if you put the meat out uncovered and the cat eats it, who's fault is it? The cats? NO it's the meats."

He called the jail term of the leader of gang rapes as racism.

Preaching. Teaching influential minds that this is right. And they lock their doors and shut their mouths when asked about it, or lash out smashing people for asking.

A Minority? That minority all lives in Australia then...

I worked with muslims from Pakistan and from India. Sure, good people, Hard working, easy going. They never said a peep. That is the problem. Never said "You know, I hate those idiots." - youd think if someone was making your religion look bad and mocking your god, you'd get a bit ansty..

Communities are no different -

It is the "hide the criminals in a family members house and speak nothing to the law" mentality that holds the barrier up. Not that we notice it and rally against it. THAT is a symptom.

Yes, we all do that if we are trailer trash... Is that what we are discussing?

I get so damn mad at these threads, people are so blind. Or just do not know and think that stating the rhetoric that shines, makes them shine too.

A mosque near where I live in WA, right after 9/11 happened, was in the news because a lady walking past was howled at and jeered at with comments like "You next you dog" comments. Oh how quickly it's swept up out of reach, so that no one hears it.

I used to peruse the islamicsydney forums (before they closed them off to the public), and time and time again it was nothing but outright HATE towards the west, the very place they live, because they don't like short skirts, or cant stand whats on the telly.

Sure, we can all have our places... our forums... Doesn't stop it from being a haven for hate however.

SO I will continue to keep my eye on this religion of peace, despite it's flower followers, because a rule of islam is, if under threat, it is permissible to lie to the unbeliever. It is halal to pretend with a smile that you dont mind.... as long as you do not betray your faith.

BAH.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
what annoys me is that there are people in this thread blindly trying to defend christianity and islam when we all know both religions are responsible for a whole bunch of dead human beings , innocent men women and children dead , those humans killed by these religions could have went on to invent some technology , or discover something profound which would change the shape of human history forever , however they died instead because of some religion which wanted to destroy them in the name of a god who hasnt even been proven to exist , its all on word of mouth and in literature written by men and women!

and just like history we believe it all to be real because someone told us so in some book or documentary , its not like the people who died had a chance to tell their side of the story now is it !

So your all quoting statisitics from history books written by the people who killed the other people so history while we believe it to be accurate may not always be the case !

my point being your discussions on religion and hate against religion from propaganda is all created by a long standing battle betweeen islam and christianity which today is still thriving after thousands of years of war and death its just #ing PATHETIC !

In my opinion christianity and islam are to blame for the way the world is right now all based on something as real as UFO's and aliens

And also on that note i dont think we should be teaching children about relgion as it isnt factual or has any reality basis , sure when they are older if they like they can make up their own minds , children shouldnt have their minds clouded with things that arent real.By educating children and making them understand that religion causes tension across the planet they will realise that it only brings death in the name of GOD. Why would any child want to believe in something that since its creationg by man has caused nothing but death.

If we keep our children and their children from following these beliefs then maybe humanity will learn to live amongst each other without down the line being indoctrined by their local religious figure head to hate their fellow man or woman simply because of the religious beliefs.
You dont need to have a strong religious belief from childhood to turn into a decent human being with strong morale values and discipline , you just need to have intelligent , decent parents who apply commone sense when raising their kids ! Not forcing them to have strong beliefs in something made up to which one day they will use their beliefs as some sort of excuse to have conflict with another human !

rant rant rant !

[edit on 22-1-2010 by sapien82]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Rude.
I'll add you to my ignore list.
Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jibblin
Maybe it's my age which brings with it a lack of experience, or maybe I'm just not very open-minded, but so far I don't think I've heard much if ANY negativity towards Islam. There plenty of negativity towards terrorists (and the FACT is, the majority of terrorist activity against the U.S. is related to Islam, so people have the right to think cautiously about Islam).

Since you used African-Americans as an example, I will use it too.

Let's say that African-Americans started to blow themselves up in an attempt to kill thousands of innocent civilians. Then yes, I would think negatively towards Black people because they are trying to destroy my country. Black people are not inherently bad (neither is Islam), but when people who are members of a particular group begin to hurt you or people you love (and they often do it in the name of that group), it is completely logical to second guess that particular group. No if's and's or but's. Sheesh.

Sighhhh... Islam IS inhrently bad. It was created with the idea of domination with a theological nomocracy as its foundation. Has no one read the history of Muhammad....Really.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Good point. . .if I were to just leave. . .then I am no longer denying ignorance, I am just giving in to it. Thanks for the point of view.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective

Sighhhh... Islam IS inhrently bad. It was created with the idea of domination with a theological nomocracy as its foundation. Has no one read the history of Muhammad....Really.

You are correct. My friends have explained this to me before. That technically, their religion basically states that all those who are not Islam and refuse to "worship" the religion are lesser beings. Though, they acknowledge that scripture is old fashioned and by no means practical. They let me live

link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Not to mention that the muslim gangs who specifically targeted Australian girls and subjected them to MULTIPLE sessions of pack rapes over six hours including 'gross sexual debasement' during which the victims were FILMED by the muslim rapists and the video sent by cell phone to OTHER gangs who were invited by the rapist to 'come and have a turn'... after which the muslim rapists HOSED down their victims to remove their DNA (yes, we've all heard how 'advanced and cultured the Muslim culture is, thank you .. and here we have evidence of their advanced, scientific minds)

The muslim community lied through its teeth and provided the rapists MULTIPLE albibis from which to choose

As stated by the poster above, when the sentence was handed down (government realised they had a war on their hands if they didn't get seen-to-be imposing punishment) then the muslim community, led by their totally uneducated, dirt-track immam, screeeched long and loud to any tv camera they could find, about 'racism'

The government kept up the drumming of lies, claiming there was 'no element of racism in the muslim attacks and the girls were 'selected at random' --- until a savvy tv journo got it on film .. a muslim stating very matter of factly that of COURSE the girls were chosen because they were Australian .. Australian hosts to these disgusting, subhuman creatures

The girls themselves stood up to numerous THREATS and stated to the court that while they were being pack raped for the dozenth time, they had been made to understand they'd been raped BECAUSE they were Australian. And they told the court their muslim rapists had jeered as they raped them, saying, ' We're going to f..k you Leb style, Skippy' (Skippy being the name muslims use on their Australian hosts .. after the kids' tv show, 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo'

Then it happened again. Two teenage muslim brothers were breaking into the homes of average Australians and raping the wives at knife-point, forcing the husband to watch. The husbands were generally menaced at knife-point and bashed. Most victims were middle aged, respectable suburban Aussies supposedly safe in their own homes

The stories are endless

But hey, why not ask the muslim contingent in here WHY muslims bend every rule to GET to Australia, only to teach their children that their hosts are 'Pigs and sluts, liars and lazy, useless' etc. ?

Why ?

link   
whoa wait a minute.
why am i not allowed to hate a group of people if i want to? isnt it my right as an individual to decide who i like and dislike based on my own viewpoint?
and no, i dont hate all muslims.
just most of them.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Muslims in Australia pack attack and bash Indian migrants

Muslims in Australia attack and bash Chinese and other Asian migrants

Muslims in Australia attack and bash other Lebanese migrants

And we have ALL these mosques and minarets and muslim-only schools to show us what a religion of peace we have in our midst

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Remember when the cartoons of Mohammed came out and Muslims rioted destroying everything in sight and threatening to kill everyone who made fun of their God?

Yeah, this is probably why they get judged the way they do.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Interesting discussion. I think it is worthwhile to point out that between Jesus, Budda, and Mohammed, only one of them conquered and killed 10's of thousands and advocated the killing of non-believers. Which one? Muhammed obviously. This is not to say that Muslims are all like this or even most. But there definitely is a very violent side to the religion, one which many of them follow.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Name some instances of Muslims demanding their faith supercede christianity in America.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join