It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the ignorant hate spewed about Islam because of American propaganda.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

The question to ask is why is the world seeing Muslins as an extremist culture?

IMHO, and that's all it is my opinion... That is the fault of the press...not through any malice on their part, but what sells... There's an old saying about the news...

dog bites man, that's not news, but if a man bites a dog, that's news... Add that to a bad habit that many of us have of looking to find a scape goat and voila...a religion(s) with a few bad apples is suddenly public enemy number one...

Jews in Europe in the Middle Ages through to the present. Islam from the same time to the same time... and to no ones surprise, Christianity has been the buggaboo as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I agree we cannot group all Muslins together, but the problem is there is a large number of extremist Muslin that it has had some very big negative effects across the whole world.

The question to ask is why is the world seeing Muslins as an extremist culture? We all know that not all are, but there is a high enough percentage of them that we see continuous extremism everywhere. If I were you I would not be so upset with the world that sees Muslins in a negative way as much as being upset with the Muslins that are creating that view.

But is it the WORLD that sees them like this or the U.S. and U.K.? Because from the people that post here from other countries I have not seen this distrust or view. Quite the opposite actually. Which then leads me to believe that it's more of a MSM thing than fact.

When you say a LARGE percentage, are you seriously going to say something like 600 million muslims are extremists? Because that's a large percentage. When the fact is that it's well under 100k and probably closer to 30k. Which in turn ends up being a vastly SMALL percentage. Again, the way the news is given out though it simply appears that there is a large number involved. Not so.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

No, I do understand what you mean and yes, the idea that most Americans are of Christian faith is relevant, but read many of these posts and people want to bring up christian based wars, christian murderers, etc...when that is NOT what this thread is about.

When your raised a christian (which means you can be raised 100,000+ different ways), many don't take the time to learn OTHER religions, ideology, etc...so the fear of the unknown is based off you only knowing ONE WAY....so again I agree with you to a point, but its those using this thread as a way to say..hey wait..christians are killing people too, should be avoided so we can acually get to the facts as to why Islam IS feared, hated, bashed, etc...

When you ask: Why do Americans hate Islam and talk smack about them? and the answer some people give is: Christians killed thousands and are stupid in their beliefs and fools! How does that contribute to the original issue...so forgive me for staying as close to on topic as I see fit...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
try liveing near a large group of muslims before defending them most will happaly admit thay are here to take over. thay only start trouble when thay out number the target at least 2-1.
just the other day my brother had to stop his car to chase 2 grown men beating a young gipsy boy with a crow bar and thay ran from 1 man vs 2 with crow bar thay are cowards thay intimidate only the weak or outnumberd. thay smashed the kids arm badly BTW
theres a muslim stand up near me one of his acts is called englistan, kind of says it all.
theres also a program i saw afew years ago called "who you calling a N-word(you know the one i mean)" see if you can find someware to view this if you want the truth about islama write up about it

most are scum a shame for the few good ones i`ve met, and i mean FEW

This is true.
Once they are the majority things change.
When they are a minority they will cry victim and try to gain your sympathy. Tha't called "laying in wait" in the Koran.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
I have had friends whom were Muslim and some that are now Christian.

That makes them apostates and under Sharia Law they should be put to death. just sayin.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Do you see anyone in our (United States Of America) broad variety of religions walking into a department store or a buss load of innocent people with the intent of blowing them up because of a ridicules belief that it is for the better?

Do our religions say that woman must be treated like dogs, and make it ok to beat them or keep them from education?

It is not propaganda, it is what the world see's and it is not right. And the people of Islam should do everything in their power to make things right instead of pushing the responsibility onto someone else.

Why to so many people with many religious backgrounds want to come to the US?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

do you live among them? i do and what you say contradicts my daily life. i have friends in holland and sweeden that confirm my view so were you get your view i do not know. mabey its your anti gov theme gone wild. just wait untill thay have equal numbers then you`ll see mass depopulation of the planet. no doubt in my mind

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

try liveing near a large group of muslims before defending them most will happaly admit thay are here to take over. thay only start trouble when thay out number the target at least 2-1.
just the other day my brother had to stop his car to chase 2 grown men beating a young gipsy boy with a crow bar and thay ran from 1 man vs 2 with crow bar thay are cowards thay intimidate only the weak or outnumberd. thay smashed the kids arm badly BTW
theres a muslim stand up near me one of his acts is called englistan, kind of says it all.
theres also a program i saw afew years ago called "who you calling a N-word(you know the one i mean)" see if you can find someware to view this if you want the truth about islama write up about it

most are scum a shame for the few good ones i`ve met, and i mean FEW

Then you live in a very poor area my friend. I work next to one of the largest Mosques in Ohio. I interact with these people in many different situations. NOT ONCE has any of them caused any form of trouble. Even when I was 'outnumbered' by 5 or even 10 to 1!

Yes, crap happens with ALL RACES. Which is what the OP is saying. But for you to say that they are admitting that they are here to take over. LOL I'm sorry but I'm going to simply state that I do NOT believe you. Not trying to be rude. Just going off of what I have experienced.

I'll even go a bit further and explain my ethnicity. I'm a white male in my 30's that has a post-graduate degree.

I at least have worked to understand all religions I have heard about.

Your example of the guys with a crow bar can be seen virtually anywhere on this planet. It happens. All races, all colors. Sorry, but I just feel that this post is a completely biased and distorted view.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Kinda like the third reich, huh?but that wasn't very Christian. We don't consider it a Christian war.

This thread wasn't created to bash other religions, it was created to understand why Islam is so hated and spoken against/for. I have no problems busting on ANY religion if that is the main focus, but this is not. The argument here is WHY ARE AMERICANS BUSTING ON ISLAM/MUSLIMS?

See this ALWAYS happens..people want to bring in OTHER religions so they can bash them...and when I don't bash them too you guys think I am anti-Islam and must be pro-christian...which is wrong because I TEND TO STAY ON THE TOPIC. This has nothing to do with christian based fools, wars, and attrocities. Again, I will gladly speak my mind on any religion...had this title said: SICK OF THE IGNORANT HATE SPEWED ABOUT CHRISTIANS BECAUSE OF MIDDLE EASTERN PROPAGANDA, I would have much to say as well....

And the topic is inaccurate. There is no ignorant hate spewed about Islam. Nor is it because of American propaganda.

Every American needs to be aware of the danger of Islam. That is not hate, that's a fact. Take Ft Hood for example.
American propaganda where? We don't have a Tokyo Rose out there. We don't have any propaganda machines in motion spewing anything.
Most of the hate is being generated from mosques and muslims who want this topic front and center in the MSM. F that. There are more important things to talk about.

I'm tired of muslims pushing their agenda in America.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
Then you live in a very poor area my friend. I work next to one of the largest Mosques in Ohio. I interact with these people in many different situations. NOT ONCE has any of them caused any form of trouble. Even when I was 'outnumbered' by 5 or even 10 to 1!

Yes, crap happens with ALL RACES. Which is what the OP is saying. But for you to say that they are admitting that they are here to take over. LOL I'm sorry but I'm going to simply state that I do NOT believe you. Not trying to be rude. Just going off of what I have experienced.

I'll even go a bit further and explain my ethnicity. I'm a white male in my 30's that has a post-graduate degree.

I at least have worked to understand all religions I have heard about.

Your example of the guys with a crow bar can be seen virtually anywhere on this planet. It happens. All races, all colors. Sorry, but I just feel that this post is a completely biased and distorted view.

Oh bury your . in the sand and refuse to see the things going on in the world because your little range of vision.
Islamic violence does not happen in ALL RACES.
Enjoy your little world for now because in the years to come it will be different.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In Western nations, there must be separation between Church and State

Islam, by comparison, is all-encompassing. Islamic religion is more than a religion, it's a culture which permeates all areas of Muslims' lives

The Christian religion, for example, does not dictate how women dress. It's entirely possible for Christians to be devout without being required to conform to a 'Christian Dress Code'

Something else that indicates there's something very unequal occurring in nations which host a large Muslim population: in the UK, since the huge numbers of muslim migrants, Christians have been forced to remove Christmas trees, to cancel Christmas plays in schools, etc. and there's a move to cancel the traditional 'Happy Christmas' greetings in cards and on shop-fronts and adopt instead 'Happy Holidays' and the like

However, at the same time Brits are being forced to dismantle their own culture in their own land because it might offend Muslims -- the UK government this year issued a memo to all public servants, instructing them NOT to eat in front of Muslim colleagues 'because they are observing Ramadan'

??

Inequality is apparent, wouldn't you say ?

Yet the British population did not extend an open invitation to Muslims migrants. That was the work of politicians who might be in office three years or less

The UK (and other) host populations are beaten into the ground by their politician and media, regarding the demands that they must not 'discriminate' with regard to muslim migrants

At the same time, muslim migrants are frequently in the news for killing or mutilating members of their families who have chosen not to proceed with arranged marriages to muslims and instead have chosen to enter a relationship with a non-muslim member of the host population

Similarly, the media frequently reports the murder or mutilation of a muslim who has chosen to wear Western dress similar to that worn by the host population

The muslim 'honour' murderers/mutilators, when questioned in court, frequently claim they were justified in the murder or mutilation of which they are guilty on the ground that the muslim victim has chosen TO assimilate via clothing or partner

So .... we have a situation where the host population is threatened into 'accepting without demur' the destruction of their OWN culture -- the ceasation of traditional celebration of their OWN religion AND are warned they MUST be accepting of the muslim migrant population and its culture, religion and MUST assimilate

yet muslims refuse to assimilate and do their utmost (including murder and mutilation) to ensure muslims will NOT assimilate into the host culture.
Muslims are tried for the murders and mutilations they commit, but there is NO insistence that THEY must assimilate

Apparently, the onus is placed by governments upon the host population who are told they must NOT discrimate against muslim migrants who OPENLY discriminate against them

And they wonder why host populations have had enough of it !

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

do you live among them? i do and what you say contradicts my daily life. i have friends in holland and sweeden that confirm my view so were you get your view i do not know. mabey its your anti gov theme gone wild. just wait untill thay have equal numbers then you`ll see mass depopulation of the planet. no doubt in my mind

Yikes. This is very very sad. YES, I do live around them. I even said so if you would have read through all of my post(s). I think you are watching too much 24 or something.

How does the government come into this? LOLOL

You confuse me with the 'anti gov' comment. What have I said that is anti gov? Because I haven't seen our government publicly state that muslims are here to take over and we need to CRUSH THEM! So I'm not ranting against them. If I'm ranting against anyone it's the MSM. Because of their portrayol of what actually takes place. They aren't coming out and saying that all muslims are evil. However, they don't go out of their way to say that the numbers of extremist muslims are actually quite small. The news of bad muslims and their heinous acts sells too much to actually include all of the real facts.

Also, I never said anything about muslims in foreign nations. I referenced MUSLIM nations. Not muslims who are spat on in Swedan or Norway. Not the ones that do not feel welcomed because they fled the dictatorship they used to live under. You see, there's a vast difference and it's posters like you that always look to the worse that helps to spread this fear of a very peaceful people.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

ROFLMAO! You see, your Ft. Hood example is going to make my point for me! You call me blinded and short visioned? LOL I would venture to claim that I have seen more in my life in world experiences than you can by two times at least!

You are taking the very RARE occurances like Ft. Hood and trying to stir up fear of a world takeover. If that's the case then every shooting spree by a white man should be considered an attempt by the whites to take over. Or by a black man as the same! Or better yet, by the Christians! Dear God no!

It's fear my friend. What you are trying to do here is further a bunch of nonsense. At least my mind is open enough to understand this.

Edit to add: What you are claiming is so ludicrous that it makes me laugh. You are saying that the muslims are migrating to this country and others all over the planet in an attempt to take over. Boy, talk about some MAJOR planning that would take. Yup, and once they're here all of the MILLIONS of muslims will be kept in contact with the masterminds and one day the word will come down. "NOW IS THE TIME TO TAKE OVER" mawahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Wow. Now what sounds more reasonable? Most of them are peaceful people that believe in the message that their god teaches them or that they are all here to take over the planet?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by dariousg]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a lot of hate in this thread toward muslims ... the people who brought us modern medicine, mathematics, astronomy and some of the best schools of philosophy ever in history.

you know, muslims wouldnt be angry if there wasnt so much colonial occupation by christians throughout their history. just saying.

and all you people in here who cant even entertain the belief that a muslim could be used as a patsy to further an agenda are not denying ignorance, but embracing it.

al qaeda, for instance, is a creation of Robert Gates, the current Secretary of Defense. look it up. america is responsible for selling nuclear technology to the shah of iran, a light water nuclear reactor to north korea(rumsfeld), chemical weapons to saddam (rumsfeld again) plutonium for the dimona reactor in israel. the list goes on and on.

lets not forget that the oh so holy christian bible says its ok to beat your wife and have slaves (old testament), that its perfectly acceptable to attempt to sacrifice your own child to an invisible sky fairy, and makes claims of racial superiority about 1 group of people on the planet (chosen ones anybody).

all religions are full of extremists and muslims are no more guilty of atrocities than jews or christians or hindus. if you cant accept that, than you might be a racist, or a willing dupe for political agendas

Edit - Spelling

[edit on 22-1-2010 by BlesUTP]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
reply to post by sdcigarpig

You are also playing the blame game.

How about 9/11 where the people in the white house killed 3,000 people of their own countrymen so that they could make a quick buck?

How about Israel stagings false flags ALL over the world, so that they can play the "victim" card?

This is not a one sided thing, all sides are guilty, and at the current moment the U.S. is the GUILTIEST of them all because it is invading many countries under the pre-text of "war on terror" when in reality it's a bunch of Bankers making quick bucks.

Do you even believe in the U.S. anymore? I mean let's face it, what happened to the constitution? It got thrown out the window and now America is a Democracy which is NOT freedom.

America WAS a Constitutional Republic NOT a Democracy. This is a lie that is played on the American populace to get them to support MANY wars for PROFIT.

Well as you are putting words in my mouth, who is doing the blaming? But if in the name of religion it gives reason to hate, kill, and destroy all in the name of god, then what is left? An eye for an eye only leaves the world blind. It is real funny how many who are muslim will play the religion card when things don't go their way, instead of seeking peaceful means. After all those who follow Islam claim it is a religion of peace, yet reports of how they kill people for not believing as they do or living an alternative lifestyle seem to surface alot more. Want more examples?
I live in a neighborhood where I am part of the minority. It is mostly a hispanic and muslim community. In this time of living here, the only hate I have seen comes from the Muslim community. Why, cause the don't like anyone who is not muslim. I own a dog, so I am evil. Better yet, this happened 3 years ago, mother walks in with her son, her son takes her keys and goes out to start the family minivan, and it crashes into the fence. Now as a concerned person, and it being on the property that I live on, was more concerned about the child. What did I get for my concern? Contempt, hatered and spite. I was not there, I was in my home office, doing some work when it happened. I heard the crash. My thought was not on the property damage, but on the loss of life.
I do believe in the US and the laws within, I do not agree with bombing and destroying cultural sights or churches, or other religions, cause I may or may not find them offensive.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by JJay55

ROFLMAO! You see, your Ft. Hood example is going to make my point for me! You call me blinded and short visioned? LOL I would venture to claim that I have seen more in my life in world experiences than you can by two times at least!

You are taking the very RARE occurances like Ft. Hood and trying to stir up fear of a world takeover. If that's the case then every shooting spree by a white man should be considered an attempt by the whites to take over. Or by a black man as the same! Or better yet, by the Christians! Dear God no!

It's fear my friend. What you are trying to do here is further a bunch of nonsense. At least my mind is open enough to understand this.

Man...you are naive. When a white man goes on a killing spree it is usually for a personal reason, like he got fired, or his girl friend broke up with him. When the Ft Hood shooter did his thing it was because higher-ups in the Muslim world brainwashed him to think that Allah wanted him to do it. In other words... his religion led him to kill. oh and he chanted "alluah akbar" which kind of sealed the deal. If you can't see the difference then I think you have no hope. And I like that you capitalized RARE...LOL. where do you get your news.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by trueperspective]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

mabey because your armed to the teeth over there, watch the program i linked to if you can find it to view.

yep i live in a s**t hole it was nice when i was young but now we are almost minority and its not were you want to be. heroin is rife and asian gangs do as thay please the police just turn a blind eye thanks to common cause. i already know its gone to far to stop, the next world war is just waiting for a spark to set it off. you wait and see

edit to add ISLAM is not a RACE stop your ignorance words have a definition you should know it before useing the word

[edit on 22/1/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm seriously trying to understand why the above post has so many stars. Everything stated is simply untrue or twisted. First, I have yet to EVER hear any muslim state that they want their religion to supercede ANY other religion in this country, let along Christianity. Where do you get that from?

Because it states what a majority of Americans feel...is it right? I can olny go by what I see, hear, and know for MYSELF, but as we all know the masses don't have the same outlook as just me, so I am speaking for what I see being the reason for the American reaction. Like I said in the post after the one you quoted...when you have a group demand footbaths be installed everywhere, demand to pray during work, demand they not be made fun of, demand that colleges and other institutions build them their own buildings, etc...that WILL piss some people off...and rightfully so.

Better yet, I see that as you simply making the OPs point. You are displaying a large amount of ignorance. Yet you are not the only one because you have gotten quite a few stars for the post. Hmmmm, really? That many people instantly agreeing without thinking it through?

Like stated in later posts, you guys arent very smart and I feel sorry for you. I am stating an OPINION as to why Americans don't accept Islam as a whole....the OP ranted about being sick of Americans hating on Islam, I simply gave him three BIG reasons why I THINK they do it...ignorance..no, the only ignorant people are the ones not actually reading this for their CONTEXT but rather reading and allowing personal BS to dictate their reaction. Maybe the stars come from people smart enough to see what the context was and DIDN'T take it personally or as my personal belief....

Your second point is also a bit off. If you were to match up the number of violent crimes committed against children by their parents on a country by country basis (or percentage to make it more fair) I would be EXTREMELY surprised to find any muslim country that is NOT run under a dictatorship have more than the U.S.

I already stated that we have turds here in the US that kill and beat their kids for stupid reasons. I agree, but again what do the MAJORITY of Americans know? Well they know bob down the street beats his kid cause he is a drunk, they know wendy abuses her daughter because she thinks she is possessed by demons, they read that a new mom killed her baby by frying it in the microwave so she didn't have to raise it, etc...but for whatever reason (unknown to me) people then hear that a Muslim father murders his daughter for looking at a british kid, runs over his daughter for dressing to western, stones his daughter to death for listening to western music, etc...and those stories tend to concern them more...again this is observation...

The last statement again makes the OPs point. Since a FEW people get brainwashed and allow themselves to become bombs because they feel their people have been invaded or wronged, well, that means ALL of them are like that? There are well over 1 billion muslims. How many suicide bombings have there been in the last 5 years? If you do the math you may be EXTREMELY surprised at how few there really are. Then, as with the second point I made, count up all of the murders committed in this country and figure out the percentage based on our population alone. I bet that number will be MUCH greater than the number of suicide bombers in the past 5 years. That would be only for 1 year of murders here!

Never did I say all of them are like that..that again is you guys NOT reading and understanding...thats you reading and reacting WITHOUT actually hearing what I am saying. Did you too miss the part where I agreed that not all muslims are bad people? (ahh that selective reading again) I have no idea how many suicide bombers there have been in the last 5 years, might be a fun fact to learn though..but I BET YOU $1,000 that there are more from Islamic cultures then any other worldwide.

I agree there are a ton of murders worldwide committed by non-muslims for whatever reason. People have grown to not accept murder, but kind of deal with it (if that makes sense)...but they haven't yet grasped why the people who DO blow themselves up, taking a lot of people with them, actually do it.

So, I will NOT be giving you a star for your post. Though I should because it honestly made the OPs point very well. It was a wonderful display of ignorance.

lol..again, the only ignorance is by those who truly are so full of hate and ----, that they cannot and WILL NOT take the time to understand the context of what is being written and discussed. As for not getting a star from you, I think I'll be ok...what I would rather have is you understanding the majority way of thinking in this country. Again, speak out against your fellow muslim when he does something stupid and you may see a change in the majority attitude towards Islam/Muslims.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Do you see anyone in our (United States Of America) broad variety of religions walking into a department store or a buss load of innocent people with the intent of blowing them up because of a ridicules belief that it is for the better?

Do our religions say that woman must be treated like dogs, and make it ok to beat them or keep them from education?

It is not propaganda, it is what the world see's and it is not right. And the people of Islam should do everything in their power to make things right instead of pushing the responsibility onto someone else.

Why to so many people with many religious backgrounds want to come to the US?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

Dear God help me. Nearly everything you are using as an example here are EXTREMES! Found in EXTREME environments! Just like you will find in some AMISH or MORMON settlements here in the UNITED STATES!

Oh wait, we just don't do that. Not that we have anything degrading women with religion in this country. No way. Not that there have been numerous cases where women have been taken from religious compounds because they were forced to marry men three times older than them at ages under 15! No way. Not here!

Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

"Your second point is also a bit off. If you were to match up the number of violent crimes committed against children by their parents on a country by country basis (or percentage to make it more fair) I would be EXTREMELY surprised to find any muslim country that is NOT run under a dictatorship have more than the U.S."

Except that in Shariah law, parents are allowed to kill their offsprings... Don't think that's the case - yet - with US laws, or is it?

"retaliation is obligatory against anyone who kills a human being purely intentionally and without right." However, "not subject to retaliation" is "a father or mother (or their fathers or mothers) for killing their offspring, or offspring's offspring." ('Umdat al-Salik o1.1-2) From the VERY authoritative Al-Azhar Cairo University...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join