It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.1 Aftershock hits Haiti region 6:03am today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by pjslug

Explain to me why this depth of 10 km keeps recurring, while the other depths are unique.

These are default depths. vis.

Depth
The depth where the earthquake begins to rupture. This depth may be relative to mean sea-level or the average elevation of the seismic stations which provided arrival-time data for the earthquake location. The choice of reference depth is dependent on the method used to locate the earthquake. Sometimes when depth is poorly constrained by available seismic data, the location program will set the depth at a fixed value. For example, 33 km is often used as a default depth for earthquakes determined to be shallow, but whose depth is not satisfactorily determined by the data, whereas default depths of 5 or 10 km are often used in mid-continental areas and on mid-ocean ridges since earthquakes in these areas are usually shallower than 33 km.

Read more here

earthquake.usgs.gov...

No conspiracy required.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Well doesnt this just blow the HAARP Conspiracy rightout the water....or does it?

Originally posted by cjcord
maybe this is the wrong place for this, but those screaming HAARP right now are idiots IMO.

So you're proposing.... that somehow that every hypothetical HAARP generated Earthquake would be immune to after shocks ??..

And you're proposing as well.. that to accompany a major artificial earthquake with an artificial lower-level after shock for the 'convincing' effect would be somehow a concept overlooked by the same minds that invented an earthquake-making-machine ?

who's the idiot??

-

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

who's the idiot??

The one that takes every major news event and twists it to fit an unproven, illogical, and irrational conspiracy theory.

There are good conspiracy theories and bad ones. This is a bad one, I'm unimpressed.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
At first i thought that HAARP was involved, now i think its more to do with what the Mayans predictedand the timeline between now and 2012. The sun is acting itself recently (to put it blunt) It could have something to do with the holes in our magnetospere allowing more particles through. Everything that is happening now all coincides with the events that have been predicted to lead up to doomsday.

I wish people would stop harping on about haarp....

You know, if man had been less paranoid thousands of years ago and not invented god for all of his troubles, well we sure would make him up today.

Dear Haarp, and to a lesser extent EISCAT, narrowed be thy beams.. thy spirals come, earthquakes be done, in Haiti as they are in California.. give us this day our daily tsunami, and forgive us our invasions, as we blow up those who invade against us, and lead us not into a black hole oh sorry that's the LHC forgive me, for yours is the ionosphere, the weather and the global warming, now and for ever...

*daffy duck laugh as the post fades....*

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by Albastion

Go to the usgs website and check out the depth of all the quakes in a single month or even a year. Now tell me that it's unusual or not that one number seems to be recurring and all the other numbers are unique.

If you or other collective individuals think you have proof you should contact one another, brainstorm, and then make a NEW thread that pulls together all your facts into a coherent story.

It will take more proof than just earthquakes happening at the same depth, so you might want to collaborate with more like minded people to gather all the evidence of an earthquake machine specifically being used in Haiti.

Think about how alienating your perspective might be to the layman. A little bit of explanation is required if you want to be taken seriously. Also, by actually collecting and examining all available evidence you might be able to get a stronger grasp on what actually happened. Maybe it will fall in line with what you already believe and maybe it won't.

Point is that doing something like that would be far more productive than making farfetched claims without much support.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Hmm, there are A LOT more 10s than the last time I checked. Also, it is curious that they feel the need to explain the depth at the bottom. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention if that was there, the last time I checked. Do you or anybody have another link(without the .gov) that can independently verify these data?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

I have no time nor inclination to write a paper. Keep it simple. You either have a rebuttal or you don't. pro-rabbit FINALLY did. However, he did it too late, and now I can't tell if certain information had been added or not. It is a government website after all.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Also, the other recurring number(which wasn't there the last time) is actually 35, not 33. A typo for creating it too fast?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
These poor people in Haiti just cannot seem to catch a break. From starvation, and internal conflict, to poverty and now natural disasters. The people there certainly deserve better than what they have been given.

It is very sad.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA

Originally posted by prevenge

who's the idiot??

The one that takes every major news event and twists it to fit an unproven, illogical, and irrational conspiracy theory.

EXACTLY my thoughts... my Wife has a hang nail... perhaps HAARP caused her nail growth to mutate and cause her pain... Why? Well, we all know HAARP hates blondes... damn commies. lol...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join