It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.1 Aftershock hits Haiti region 6:03am today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You can't just go around claiming earthquake machines with no proof just because there was a big earthquake.

In my opinion the real conspiracy here has to do with how aid is being distributed. We should make sure individuals who are associated with charity groups or the groups themselves do not embezzle aid money in any way. All the money given for relief must go to relief.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Something is VERY fishy about what's going on in Haiti. Truth is stranger than fiction.

There's really nothing fishy about what's going on in Haiti, it's in an earthquake "prone" area, ...

Major Caribbean Earthquakes And Tsunamis A Real Risk - ScienceDaily (Feb. 8, 2005)

A dozen major earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have occurred in the Caribbean near Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the island of Hispaniola, shared by Haiti and the Dominican Republic, in the past 500 years, and several have generated tsunamis. The most recent major earthquake, a magnitude 8.1 in 1946, resulted in a tsunami that killed a reported 1,600 people.
******SKIP******
With nearly twenty million people now living in this tourist region and a major earthquake occurring on average every 50 years, scientists say it is not a question of if it will happen but when.

Hmmmm, ... didn't we just read that their last major earthquake happened in 1946!
I believe that would make this earthquake about, oh, lets say 54 years later!

In a new study published December 24, 2004 in the Journal of Geophysical Research from the American Geophysical Union, ... report a heightened earthquake risk of the Septentrional fault zone, which cuts through the highly populated region of the Cibao valley in the Dominican Republic. In addition, they caution, the geologically active offshore Puerto Rico and Hispaniola trenches are capable of producing earthquakes of magnitude 7.5 and higher.

The Caribbean has it's own tectonic plates that are causing these quakes, and the area has seen lots of earthquakes, a neighboring island of Haiti, Jamaica, has as many as 200 of earthquakes per year, ...

Hispaniola, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands sit on top of small crustal blocks that are sandwiched between the North American and Caribbean plates. The island of Hispaniola faces a double risk: an earthquake from the Septentrional fault on the island itself as the plates move past each other, and an earthquake deep in the earth in the subduction zone on which the island sits. Both could cause severe damage and loss of life, although the researchers say an earthquake in the subduction zone could be more devastating and has the potential to cause a tsunami.
******SKIP******
Ten Brink, who is also an adjunct scientist at WHOI, and Lin say stress has increased for the Hispaniola area, and that the potential threat of earthquakes and resulting possible tsunamis from the Puerto Rico and Hispaniola trenches is real and should be taken seriously.

Here's the "plates" in this area, ...

Tectonics of the Haitian Earthquake
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d1ab3a3fc50.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/640c5612f279.jpg[/atsimg]

**The article I'm referencing from in this post is from 2005!**

So it sure seems like some scientists have been expecting an eathquake like this in this area for some years now!

Truth is stranger than fiction.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

I don't know of any possible way to make sure donations would actually help those people, there are too many crooks these days. Even some of the so-called legit foundations have come under suspicion. I guess you just throw 5 ten dollar bills at the wall and maybe one of them will stick, that's about the odds of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Strange...... Massive earthquake destroys Haiti !! Fire, Smoke, Death everywhere ! Yet, Not one word about the Dominican Republic side, Not one word ?........

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mormonmike

maybe cause it didn't destroy Haiti?

Just where many Haitians chose to live?

Hispanola is kinda big ya know?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So the depth is once again 10 km. Come on people, how unobservant do you have to be to think that this is "natural" or random. I've already shown you how unlikely it is that two earthquakes(or a quake and its aftershocks) at the same depth are, except for the ones at 10 km. Seriously, you don't need to go into these complicated training drill deductions when the pattern is right there in front of you, that this was undoubtedly man-made.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

Go to the usgs website and check out the depth of all the quakes in a single month or even a year. Now tell me that it's unusual or not that one number seems to be recurring and all the other numbers are unique.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

They won't hit California because the PTB are Whites. They just want to kill off as many Third World people(Asians, Blacks, and quite possibly Hispanics later) as possible, first Sichuan, and now this.

Right now, they're doing it slowly because they don't want to leave a pattern(or at least they think they're not leaving a pattern.) However, if I was a Third World country, I would seriously be concerned.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
Earthquake Details
Magnitude 6.1
Date-Time

* Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 11:03:44 UTC
* Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 06:03:44 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Really? both of them occured at 03:44 past the hour?

Now *thats* freaky!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I can't believe the massive delusion that has taken over this thread. Conspiracy of an aftershock? Give me a freakin' break!!!!!
It's a natural occurrence. And you wonder why the mainstream doesn't take your ideas seriously....

And stuff like this:

Originally posted by np6888
They won't hit California because the PTB are Whites. They just want to kill off as many Third World people(Asians, Blacks, and quite possibly Hispanics later) as possible, first Sichuan, and now this.

Right now, they're doing it slowly because they don't want to leave a pattern(or at least they think they're not leaving a pattern.) However, if I was a Third World country, I would seriously be concerned.

makes me contemplate deleting my account here.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by pjslug]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yet California which is in probably just as much of an Earthquake prone area as Haiti has been silent as far as major Earthquakes for decades?

Um... good point? Not. California is on a fault line. Haiti is on a fault line. There's earthquakes in Cali all the time, you just can't feel them. There's earthquakes in Haiti all the time, you just can't feel them. So, the fault line Haiti is on had a big "slip", so it had a big earthquake. Don't worry, California's day will come too. Just because Haiti had a giant earthquake and California didn't YET doesn't mean anything, at all, so nice try.

EDIT: I agree with the guy above me. This thread is hilarious.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ProUSA]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit

Originally posted by MaxBlack
Let's hope these quakes aren't being used to disguise some alien agenda whereby the meat lockers have to be replenished with the thousands that end up missing and unaccounted for in such type quakes.

Don't think "aliens" would want their "meat lockers" tainted with HIV and other illnesses from Haiti. More importantly earthquakes have been part of the natural order of things for millions upon millions of years right round the globe.

Does it mean we wil never control climate or earthquakes? If you say no , then do you think US army will tell us if they find a way to control climate or create earthquake?

Today world is going wrong... people refuse to even consider about a conspiration, they think our elites (the same who launch WWII)are good people...That our secret services are tracking Terrorists everywhere in the world (mountain, caves...) but can t do nothing against criminals who are hidding in our cities selling drugs to our children... wake people or the world as we know it will come to an end it may be already to late...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Of course we all know what's really happening here...

Up comes atlantis...

ZzZ j/k.

My oldest friend just went to send aid, hope nothing happened to him.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
so besides 'secret oil' why would anyone with an earthquake machine want to continually ravage Haiti?

And doesn't that just seem like a Sonic the Hedgehog mission? Why would somebody have an earthquake machine?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Please refer back to THIS POST!

Just make sure YOUR third world country doesn't sit above a fault line and you should be safe from earthquakes!

[edit on 1/20/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Poor people, are they ever gonna get a break? I just hope my money is actually going to help them out and non to some "non for profit" business. Lately, I've been having a lot of dreams centered around earthquakes. I hope nothing hits California soon.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Explain to me why this depth of 10 km keeps recurring, while the other depths are unique.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what the condition of the P wave is in either of the earthquakes?.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is a list of major earthquakes in Haiti.
1751 - During the October 18, 1751 earthquake, only one of the masonry buildings in Port-au-Prince remained standing.
1770 - The June 3, 1770 earthquake took place at 19:15 local time. The city of Port-au-Prince was leveled in the 7.5 magnitude quake which killed over 200 people.
1843 - The May 7, 1843 earthquake, shook whole island. 10000 people dead in O Kap (Cap Haitien).
2010 - The January 12, 2010 earthquake caused a massive loss of life (min. 70,000) and a great number of injuries occurred. Most of Port-au-Prince's major landmarks were significantly damaged or destroyed in the earthquake, including the Presidential Palace, the National Assembly building, the Port-au-Prince Cathedral, and the main jail. It measured 7.0 in magnitude.So far there have also been two recorded after shocks of the earthquake.

en.wikipedia.org...

Found this a bit interesting..

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA

EDIT: I agree with the guy above me. This thread is hilarious.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ProUSA]

Some people are so starved for a conspiracy they will entertain a delusion and avoid common sense.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join