It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.1 Aftershock hits Haiti region 6:03am today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just FYI, after that first earthquake, Yellowstone came active again, after long stable period. Just before this second earthquake, there was 3,2 magnitude earthquake in Yellowstone.

And there were also quakes in Chile and Guatemala, where is usually long periods without earthquakes

Something big is going to happen, next big quake would be California or Yellowstone.

BTW, that aftershock was 5,9 M, not 6,1 M, same magnitude that was yesterday in Cayman islands.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
BTW, that aftershock was 5,9 M, not 6,1 M, same magnitude that was yesterday in Cayman islands.

The USGS seems to have changed their website. It definably said 6.1 on their site but now it does in fact say 5.9. Wonder what that's all about... I thought once the Richter scale has recorded the magnitude of an earthquake then that's what is reported. Is there any reason that a measurement can't be accurate?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
english.pravda.ru...

What are everyone's thoughts on HAARP technology? Is there any merit behind the belief that the U.S. and perhaps other imperial powers are behind this mayhem?

If so...
people causing this will one day definitely answer for these atrocities!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgeseeker5
english.pravda.ru...

What are everyone's thoughts on HAARP technology?

Just search it on ATS, there are hundreds of topics about it here. This also isn't the first time people have blamed murders or natural disasters on HAARP.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stigup
Is there any reason that a measurement can't be accurate?

Siesmologists only estimate magnitude.. they then study the data and come up with the correct magnitude which is why it can change... they can be 'out' by +/- 0.03 units

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Is this all just over observation of natural occurance? It just seems unlike in the past that the recent global earthquakes and volcanoes are connected and it seems to be suggested if even vaguely by the medias reporting. I am anxious at this point as to the final culmination if there is going to be one.
I dont beleive a date can be put on destruction(2012).
I dont beleive in spoooky earthquake machines.
I dont beleive in a lot of the cooky sh.t i hear.
I do draw comon sense conclusions from facts and my conclusion is sumins up and its building to an apex i am almost excited and kinda freaked out over where this activity will end...
Anythoughts????

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This came in a few minutes ago..

Magnitude 5.9
Date-Time Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 11:03:44 UTC
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 06:03:44 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 18.385°N, 72.870°W
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region HAITI REGION
Distances 60 km (35 miles) WSW of PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti
95 km (60 miles) E of Les Cayes, Haiti
165 km (105 miles) SSW of Cap-Haitien, Haiti
1110 km (690 miles) SE of Miami, Florida

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 4.6 km (2.9 miles); depth fixed by location program

I still think that various individuals are using the space based ETW to disrupt the fault zone for monetary gain. Greed is a very powerful thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
i am almost excited and kinda freaked out over where this activity will end...
Anythoughts????

Strange isn't it? I have heard so many people describe how they are feeling as scared yet excited adn wanting more....

I think as with anything media have played a role in making people more aware of a) sites where you can watch global quakes etc and b) starting to link others to Haiti.

There is on average 1 mag 6 quake every few days in the world...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I find this odd...

Here we are, some people saying its the NWO/TPTB messing with the fault lines.

They are ridding the earth of people blah blah blah...

sounds an awful lot like in the old OLD days when these natural disasters were blamed on the gods being mad with us.

i think we all just need to sit back a bit and marvel in the majesty of planet earth. sometimes things just happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

It is truly odd times leading to an uncertain future....
Hope for the best and welp if the worst happens run my ass off .
Getting fall down drunk as often as possible

To numb the pains of the final days
Wee c Whats happens if anything ???

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the earthquake in Haiti can in any way, have an effect on the San Andreas Fault? I know these are different fault lines, I just wondered if the Haiti event changes predictions/conditions of SAF?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
And let's not forget that a day before the quake hit in Haiti we had a series of small quakes in the northern region of Brazil which up until a few years ago never had anything like that.

Something is going on, and I sure that even though most like to comfort them selves on the idea that there is someone, some company, some clan or even some aliens behind this, I really doubt that it's the case. At best there are a few people, companies or clans that do know for a fact things that we don't know yet and are taking advantage of this while they can.

In fact if you stop to think about for a moment a good reason for a secret is knowing about something that is inevitable, why share something with the public if anyone won't be able to do a thing?

It would only cause distress and chaos and the end would be the same.

In my opinion Earth is just entering it's recycle period, if that's the case we're doomed. Fasten your seat belts because it will be a bumpy ride.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

As I read Thebel post this popped in my head, has anyone heard or is familiar with the seven seals of revelation. There was a program on history channel called "The Nostradamus Effect". It mentions all the occuring earthquakes and goes into saying what might happen is yellowstone erupted.

here is the link

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
what's the damage radius, anyone know?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by notsympl]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Fault lines may be independent of one another, but the plates themselves are connected to faults on either side, no?

If a plate moves laterally such that an earthquake happens on one of its edges, would that not increase tensions along the rest of its edges or points of meeting other plates?

So if there are tremors in Brazil, followed by quakes in the Caribbean, then I would not be surprised to hear of quakes elsewhere, such as further into North America.

With the 2012 interstellar alignment taking place I would not be surprised if the whole earth isn't indeed about to react -- with increased movement along fault-lines, volcanoes erupting and more.

While I remain interested but unconvinced about Nibiru and all, this uptake in geological movement adds to the weight of argument on the believer's side IMHO.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow, that's gotta be scary for the rescuers who are crawling under piles of rubble to find survivors only to have another 6.1 rumbler start up. I hope no one got injured/killed.

6.1 is a very decent sized quake.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Everyone can think what they like and most people would say, "thats just part of nature" and "that's the way the world works" etc etc.. but can anyone deny the fact that the MSM has been covering this very heavily? I think the quake before this that received some attention if any was in Italy where over 130 people died and 1000s were left homeless. Granted the quake in Haiti was 100 times worse there have been other instances like tsunamis where many people died and I can't recall those incidents receiving that much attention. Well that much attention in the US.

I can, every time there is a hurricane all the major news sources broadcast live basically 24/7, from the time it makes landfall until the time it leaves the area. Strong or not. As sick as it is, it makes good news which equals more money, can't go wrong with more money. The tsunami of 2004 had as much if not more coverage than this. The more casualties, the more they try to juice things up. If you notice, all the news sources tend to tape around the more dangerous areas. Anything that gets them publicity they stay on top of. Look how long they milked Michael Jackson's death. TV Guide still goes at it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wow! ATS patrons never cease to concoct idiotic theories. It doesn't seem to matter what happens, where it happens or how it happens, someone will always raise the conspiracy flag. Funny thing (if there is anything at all to be laughed about) is, most everyone on the site agree that the world is changing. The world is going through a natural phase that the lowly inhabitants have nothing to say and even less to change.

So tell me, during a time when these things are SUPPOSEDLY going to happen, why are people in such denial? Why does it need to be HAARP or EISCAT (or whatever)?
Why aren't people just saying, "well, here it goes, just as we expected it would"?

I just get tired of all the empty-headed theories.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by banegame

empty headed welp i hate to say it i too get tired of the COOOKS however ive come to learn ATS could not survive without them theyve always been here and proly will be after we leave or move on.. The coooks provide the theory the essence of conspiracy.
I am very very skepitcal and have often seen my self disagreeing with 99% of the ideas posted. (Not contributing rather derailing) this behavior leads me to question why would i stick around??
i came to realize that in between fact and fiction lies the coook unsure incorrect but searching not defined into the box rather thinking outside.
Just the past few days ive been trying to curb my negative replys because i see im not contributing rather im taking away from the true free thinkers.
Because i too am a COOOk ive come to see

This is not an attack not a suggestion simply an observation by one coook to another skeptic

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm not saying that THERE IS a conspiracy but I think it's a little fishy.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by stigup]

Why? The planet functions in ways we can't predict.

Why can't the planet be the cause of these disasters? Why does it always have to be man made?

Not every single little thing that happens in the world has to be a conspiracy theory.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join