It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East on fire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There's some important things that are happening right now... This may be nothing... But here's the facts:

The American source noted that Israel had warned Syria not to equip Hezbollah with such missiles. He estimated that if Damascus chose to do so, this would lead to a war between Israel and Hezbollah and Israel may also bomb targets in the Syrian capital. (Ynet)

Today:

10:30 U.S. official: Israel will strike Syria if it gives Hezbollah SA2 missiles (Haaretz)

From Lebanese sources :

17/01/10 13:48 NNA - Lebanese Army anti-aircraft batteries went into actions as Israeli warplanes effected multiple breaches over most of Lebanese territories. Incoming formations of enemy planes provocatively flying at low attitude over many parts of Lebanon have been duly intercepted by Lebanese Army anti-aircraft units over most of Lebanon.

3:15pm An Israeli army patrol crossed into the Lebanese side of the border village of Ghajar and made a 300-meter penetration of the area.

17/01/10 15:55... NNA - An intense Israeli build up of forces during the last 24 hours has been observed along the eastern sector of the Blue-Line with mobile and fixed patrols taking up positions between Shebaa farms up till the far end of the eastern sector.

Israeli tank emplacements were also spotted next to the farms amid intense over flights by helicopter gunships and warplanes. Earlier, an Israeli mechanized infantry unit comprised of 2 hummers crossed the UN-designated blue-line for 300 meters in the direction of the occupied part of Al-Ghajar village.

The Israeli patrol reportedly taped Wazani water reservoir for nearly 15 min before withdrawing to the occupied zone.

Meanwhile, Intense Israeli ground and areal activity has been also spotted in the sector extending between Wazani River and Mount Hermon. On the Lebanese side of the Blue-Line, UNIFIL and Lebanese Army personnel intensified patrolling activities in Oudaiseh hilltops Fatmeh gateway, Wazani and Aarqoub. Lebanese army activity has been also spotted to the South East of shebaa.

There's no moon in the area for the next 2 nights or so... perfect for night bombing...

That's twice in the past 10 days the Lebanese Army has fired on the IAF. It is pretty normal for the IAF (really ever since the early 80s) to overfly Lebanon conducting recon. I'll have to find it, but there was an UNIFL report a couple days ago that said the IAF overflights were increasing in quantity and duration.

The increased probing is a normal precursor to an attack of some sort...logic.

Perfect time to strike, the whole world is focused on Haiti... remember when Israel bombed Gaza in 08? It was during the Christmas holidays...

Israel to simulate biological warfare attack

An exercise simulating a response to a biological warfare attack will be carried out in the Dan region next week.

The exercise, which will be the largest of its kind in Israel's history, will be carried out in Tel Aviv, Ramat Gan, and Holon and aims to evaluate the ability of the Home Front, the medical services, rescue teams and the municipal authorities to respond in the conditions created by a biological catastrophe caused either by terrorists or by accident.

Iran to mount major military exercise next month

Just a few hours ago...

Iran: World Powers Fail to Agree on Sanctions

Israel will strike Iran if no sanctions in place by Christmas

Maybe they were just waiting for another crisis to pop up so they could do it... Haiti earthquake is one big crisis...

A few days ago..

Israel Bolsters KC-707 Refueling Fleet

Refueling fleet to bomb Iran...

Very interesting events taking place... Maybe it's just an Israeli exercise on the border... if more israeli deployments are seen, this could be it...we'll see in the next few days if something happens.

edit on 26-1-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It reads like a friggin Tom Clancy novel.

Well put together sir, You could be bang on here .

I had heard Israel was incroaching in the airspace, and were getting shot
at with guns. Testing, or practicing runs is what they were probably doing.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Uh Oh...

Report: Hezbollah trains on missiles

JERUSALEM, Jan. 17 (UPI) -- Syria has allowed Lebanese Hezbollah
militants to train with advanced anti-aircraft missiles in its territory, a U.S. source says.
The Kuwaiti daily al-Rai quoted an unnamed U.S. official Sunday as saying Hezbollah operatives trained in Syria on SA2 anti-aircraft missile batteries, and that Israel has warned Damascus
that if such weapons are given to the Shiite Arab militants, Jerusalem would view it as crossing an undeclared "red line," the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported.

The "red lines" were defined by both sides after the Second Lebanon War, waged in 2006 between Israel and Hezbollah. Haaretz said al-Rai quoted the U.S. official as saying a war between Israel and Syria could break out if anti-missile batteries are supplied to Hezbollah, but added he didn't believe that a war would start anytime soon.

This may be the event that will start it all...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Think about what is being said for a sec.

We want to fly our planes and bomb the crap outta them, and we don't want

them to be able to protect themselves.

Israel could have a few fronts going in no time.

Get your boots on USMC , another deploy is a coming.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Could this be timing get everyone looking in one direction and then strike 2008-2009 elections they invade gaza 2010 hati falls and they start this crap talk about not letting a crisis go to waste

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
S and F. great thread and great information, kudos for keepin track of such events... i had been following the hostilities as well on this thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i had stopped recently because nobody was reading the thread... i hope this lights a few bulbs in peoples heads and wakes em up to the real possibility of another full fledged war involving israel on several fronts...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Israel about to go into Lebanon/strike Iran?

I really hope so. Something has got to give here. All countries in that corner live in a constant state of fear of missiles and bombs. I hope they all fight each other , the whole middle east, and whoever is best shall win and live in peace.

It sounds so bad that I am longing for the day they blow each other up, but it has got to happen sometime, and diplomacy is not going to do it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sounds like wacky Israel.. the most likely folks to start a battle.

Hopefully, the ball will start rolling so that we can all stop talking about who is badder than who, or if it will be the start of WW3, and finally find out for ourselves.

Unfortunately, I think that the secret world government that's in control of the show will make us wait until the last possible moment.

Let the battle begin..

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Israel asking one enemy country not support another is a perfectly normal thing to ask on the international stage.
Israel threatening to bomb cities (and ironically, deliberately cause terror in the process) is quite normal for Israel too.
Unfortunately so to0, is the fact that this aspects of their demands will undermine all their aspirations-hopes. It gives Iran, Hezbollah, and Syria a fresh reason to work to together against Israel.
Sometimes its better to let you're history do the threatening, rather than the diplomatic language. Since Israel has more than enough modern warfare history to do so, they would have been a better of position to stop those weapons if they had left the city bombing bits unsaid.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
you want a distraction
How about a winter olympics to keep people occupied for a few weeks.
All eyes on Vancouver

Israel has qualified 1 entrant in ladies singles and 1 in ice dancing, for a total of 3 athletes

[edit on 17-1-2010 by munkey66]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Another good thread Vitchilo what worries me is Russia. NATO has them pretty well boxed in and they have a military presence in Syria they will respond to an attack on Syria or Iran.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wizardwars

Any links for that please?
I wanna read more...

Good thread S+F.

Peace

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wizardwars

Yeah if Israel is dumb enough to bomb Tartus and kill russians...

Russia set to build up its naval facilities in Syria

MOSCOW, July 20 (RIA Novosti) - The Russian Navy will expand and modernize its Soviet-era naval maintenance site near Tartus in Syria to support anti-piracy operations off the Somali coast, a high-ranking navy source said on Monday.

About 50 naval personnel and three berthing floats are currently deployed at the Tartus site, which can accommodate up to a dozen warships.

"Two tug boats from the Black Sea Fleet will deliver a new berthing float to Tartus," the source said.

"Following modernization, the Russian naval maintenance site in Tartus will become fully-operational," he added.

This wasn't passed for nothing...

Medvedev Gets Right to Send Troops Abroad

The Russian Parliament’s upper house has vested the Russian President with the power to send troops beyond the national boundaries for combat tasks. The Council of the Federation made the decision by way of meeting President Medvedev’s proposal to that end. From now on the Russian leader will not have to seek the Federation Council’s authorization each time the situation calls for a prompt use of Russian troops abroad.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

Hezbollah Secretary General Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah says he is confident that any new conflict with Israel would see the Lebanese resistance movement emerge victorious and change the face of the Middle East region.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The madness of war and violence continues marching on. I sincerely hope this doesn't escalate but at the same time I know if I was in gaza or lived in lebanon with memories of war I may want to retaliate. Its a sad situation and I can't see how it would ever be resolved. This round of fighting, if it comes to that, will do nothing but bolster all sides in their enmity and anger unless they destroy each other completely. And if it looks like Israel is getting the worst of it then what? Will its western allies just leave them be? I have a feeling this could escalate further, especially if Russia gets dragged into it then we'll have the potential tinder box for a much larger conflict.

All in the name of "peace" if I remember the talking points for war correctly.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebulldog

All in the name of "peace" if I remember the talking points for war correctly.

Cheers

Not quite, all in the name of "defending our peace" from an aggressor. The "aggressor" is ALWAYS the other side, according to both sides!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It is the reailty of the world we live in,this thing is going to escalate into Iran eventually.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I believe this source to be the most impt. to indicate an imminent war along with the other source indicating the training taking place.

www.haaretz.com...

Syria has allowed Lebanese Hezbollah militants to train with advanced anti-aircraft missiles in its territory, a U.S. source says.

The Kuwaiti daily al-Rai quoted an unnamed U.S. official Sunday as saying Hezbollah operatives trained in Syria on SA2 anti-aircraft missile batteries, and that Israel has warned Damascus that if such weapons are given to the Shiite Arab militants, Jerusalem would view it as crossing an undeclared "red line," the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported.

The "red lines" were defined by both sides after the Second Lebanon War, waged in 2006 between Israel and Hezbollah. Haaretz said al-Rai quoted the U.S. official as saying a war between Israel and Syria could break out if anti-missile batteries are supplied to Hezbollah, but added he didn't believe that a war would start anytime soon.

The Israeli newspaper said intelligence agents have been closely watching arms smuggling from Syria to Hezbollah since the end of the war, but so far have not detected violations of the "red lines."

The U.S. official told al-Rai that Israel's top priority is to prevent Hezbollah from obtaining the SA2 missiles, and wouldn't hesitate to bomb Damascus if the militants got such weapons.

This isn't good, this is really bad actually, and we should hope this doesn't happen.

The Iranian regime may start a war to distract attention as I've expected, and probably kill Ahmadinejad next month during mass protests to blame the west. But if the regime or Israel premptively start a war, anything can happen and chaos is the only result.

This is bad for Iranian's, bad for jews, bad for Lebanese, bad for palestinians, bad for europeans, bad for americans, bad for russia, bad for china, bad for everyone!

[edit on 18-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This sounds messey.

Not going to go into a whole lot of details, but a rough outline should work. But I could see something like this coming to fruition.

Israel hits Syria and Leb, then moves for Iran.. Russia comes in to counter Israel, and the whole middle east is erupted into one giant war-zone.

I'm sure if Pakistan decided to make any moes, India would have issues, which would further devolve into China coming into the picture.. Not sure where China would fall. For Russia, for Iran, or against them all.

But all the cross-interests over there are rather inter-mixed with larger countries.

Of course, the US would most likily be backing Israel. (We couldn't keep our feet dry of course).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join