It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Haiti

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think sometimes the word GOD is misleading. I mean, it makes it easy to ASSUME that all monotheists worship the same ONE.

But really, did you not see the babies down there - the infants - dead and covered with cardboard?

Now really, who would worship a GOD that would DO such as that because of some pact that someone allegedly made with this God's nemesis generations before so that they could FREE themselves of slavery?

Now to me, that logic is so screwed up, that, as a pagan, I'd think...someone like Pat Robertson really was holding a pretty SATANIC ideation of divinity and calling 'it' God.

I'd never give such a person money.

Well, he'll be dead soon. He already looks like a zombie.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Robertson's "true story": Haiti "swore a pact to the devil" to get "free from the French" and "ever since, they have been cursed"

Oh lord, Brother Pat is tossing lightening bolts again.

Pat Robertson is really doing no more than expressing his opinion... no more than what we do here day in and day out. But he is (whether he accepts it or not) a public figure and his words are felt beyond the end of his nose.

There is a history with Pat's previous damnations so... I guess we should consider the source.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

It's understandable that you are very upset. I'm so sorry that you are going through this heartache. Do let us know that the girl is alright when you get word from Haiti.

As to the "wanker", I'll hold him down, while you kick the crap out of him.
Hallelujah.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Circle]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Michael Rowe comments from the Huffington Post:

The Never-Ending Horror of Pat Robertson
Perhaps in the aftermath of yet another grotesque pronouncement from this man who claims to speak for God, while blaming victims of a natural horror for their own misery, it might be time for America to take a long, hard look at the multi-billion dollar religion industry (which is largely tax-exempt) and ask itself if it still wants to invest people like Pat Robertson and his evangelical corporation with anything but jaundice. www.huffingtonpost.com...

Good thought...and don't let it be said that I confuse these televangelists with good, honest church-goin' folk. Clowns like Robertson must cause them no ends of distress.

But somebody needs an audit!!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Im half haitian. My parents were born and raised in haiti. Most people dont give a damn about the haitians.
Voodoo is real, but my family never did these kinds of things. Voodoo is a crime in haiti. Not everyone there is poor and stupid, running around like a caveman. There are a lot of bad people, but like any other place there are a lot of intelligent good people.
Do not insult my people by saying we are cursed. America is cursed. Africa is cursed. The whole planet is going to hell in a hand basket.

Woe to those who dwell on the earth...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthWanderer
Not everyone there is poor and stupid, running around like a caveman. There are a lot of bad people, but like any other place there are a lot of intelligent good people.
Do not insult my people by saying we are cursed. America is cursed. Africa is cursed. The whole planet is going to hell in a hand basket.

Woe to those who dwell on the earth...

EW - There have been quite a few Haitians who have emigrated to my community and my experience absolutely supports what you have written. We have found them to be warm, intelligent people and their children to be well behaved, respectful and eager students.

We Americans need to take a long hard look in the mirror and wonder why our government has done nothing to assist these people when we are spending billions upon billions elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Not a good move for Robertson. Consider that at least 90% of Haitians are Christian. Way to turn your back on your fellow Christians in what is amounting to be one of the deadliest disasters in History.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

America is not to blame for Haiti

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by Night Watchman

America is not to blame for Haiti

Are you saying we have done all we could have to assist them? I dont believe I suggested that America is, "to blame."

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I dont like Pat, I dont like how he thinks, he's a very twisted man whom should not be allowed in front of a camera or an open mic.
I dont understand how the electric current flows through the thick pus that fills his skull, but it has brought to life some of the most absent of empathy, selfish, nasty, sickening statements I've heard drip from his grinning chum chewer, ever.
If theyre accepting applications for dispenser of eternal pain and punisher Pat no doubt has submitted more than one resume'.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
About that pact with the devil... Christains see voodoo as demonic, or devil worship. This is what Pat Robertson is talking about. They have been a voodoo nation for years, and that invites a curse upon them.

Haitian pact with the devil

Excerpt from: The Haitian Revolution

www.country-data.com...

" A slave rebellion of 1791 finally toppled the colony. Launched in August of that year, the revolt represented the culmination of a protracted conspiracy among black leaders. According to accounts of the rebellion that have been told through the years, François-Dominique Toussaint Louverture helped plot the uprising, although this claim has never been substantiated. Among the rebellion's leaders were Boukman, a maroon and voodoo houngan (priest); Georges Biassou, who later made Toussaint his aide; Jean-François, who subsequently commanded forces, along with Biassou and Toussaint, under the Spanish flag; and Jeannot, the bloodthirstiest of them all. These leaders sealed their compact with a voodoo ceremony conducted by Boukman in the Bois Cayman (Alligator Woods) in early August 1791. On August 22, a little more than a week after the ceremony, the uprising of their black followers began. "

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh... and check this out too...

Excerpt from: " A brief history of voodoo in Haiti "

www.helium.com...

" Many years passed and the Vodou religion grew stronger among the people which led up to the events of August 1791 the day of one of the most important ceremonies in Vodou history. The Bwa Kayiman, as its known, was where the Haitian revolution began against the French over-rulers. The ceremony saw the spirit, Ezili Dantor, possess a priestess and receive a black pig as an offering, and all those present pledged themselves to the fight for freedom. After this revolution the world saw the first ever establishment of a black people's republic. Following this break of independence Vodou then began to cross the border into America, where it mostly affected the area of New Orleans as early as 1800. The practitioner responsible for this popularity was a famous Vodou Queen, Marie Laveau; however other forms. "

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Are you saying we have done all we could have to assist them? I dont believe I suggested that America is, "to blame."

America has no "responsibility" specifically for Haiti- it is an independent nation and governs itself- no harm in providing emergency aid in light of this disaster, but the US isn't the world's nanny (and yes, I think they should butt out of Iraq, Afghanistan etc)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

No America doesnt, we ALL do.. Do you think that your corperate controled goverment doesnt control Haiti too? What about the fact that even before this earthquake the people are sooo hungry that they have to eat MUD to live?? Why? because those same corperations have taken all the farm land that should be used for food to grow bio fuel crops... Bloody disgusting!!
We are all responsable.. They are as much human and as much worthy as any american, british etc... They are part of the human family and need our help..
You guys please consider sponsoring some kids or sending money to a proper aid agency and not to wankers like CBN who will just use it to build their christian empire and gold plated toilets..

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I Pray that one persons ignorance does not sway people to not help and donate money to Haiti.

I guess if someone wants to say this is because of their 'devilish ways'.....we could also say that it was works of God that their only air strip remained in tack for aid to fly in as soon as possible.

The ways are mysterious....

Please help....10 dollars adds up quickly when many put it forth.

In hope
LV

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
No America doesnt, we ALL do..

no we don't

Do you think that your corperate controled goverment doesnt control Haiti too?

Im pretty sure the UK govt does not control Haiti- even if they did it does not make it MY responsibility

What about the fact that even before this earthquake the people are sooo hungry that they have to eat MUD to live?? Why? because those same corperations have taken all the farm land that should be used for food to grow bio fuel crops... Bloody disgusting!!
We are all responsable..

shove your self loathing, don't put your misplaced guilt on me you will get no sale- Haiti is a basket case and is a direct result of the actions of its own people- stop infantalising them- I wish it were not a basket case and I wish they did not have an earthquake, but all the "wishing" in the world does not change that

They are as much human and as much worthy as any american, british etc... They are part of the human family and need our help..

There is no specific responsibility to assist a Haitian - it is a voluntary thing and individual can choose to do

You guys please consider sponsoring some kids or sending money to a proper aid agency and not to wankers like CBN who will just use it to build their christian empire and gold plated toilets..

"christian empire" ha ha, yeah whatever

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

When one is in sorrow and in need....any human who turns their back is a shame to our species.

Sure many turn their backs daily, while we all enjoy our goods and we dont think about others without. We desensitize ourselves to not 'feel' for these people.

To not at least be empathetic to this is heartless.

I would hate to be underneath the rubble and some passing by saying to me, 'you are not my responsibility, I choose to not help you'.

Yes it is a choice, but how could one choose to not help?

[edit on 14-1-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

shove your self loathing, don't put your misplaced guilt on me you will get no sale- Haiti is a basket case and is a direct result of the actions of its own people- stop infantalising them- I wish it were not a basket case and I wish they did not have an earthquake, but all the "wishing" in the world does not change that

It would be great if you would do even a little research to find out just how Haiti found itself devoid of any natural resources. I'm sure you won't because it is much eager to talk out of ignorance...and in your case, out of your ass as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Why do think that charity is a result of self loathing? I think that statement defines you a lot more aptly than it does the poster who is encouraging us to contribute to Haitian relief.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
About that pact with the devil... Christains see voodoo as demonic, or devil worship. This is what Pat Robertson is talking about. They have been a voodoo nation for years, and that invites a curse upon them.

Now I'm no expert of Voodoo or Santaria, or any of these African/Catholic hybrids...but was this 'pact' made with the devil? Or was it a ritual invoking the old Gods of the people? To equate animism with devil worship is about as sound as calling pagans, Satanists. These are appellations applied in the name of the dominant faith, to disparage that which they replace.

Which is why Catholics might be surprised to learn that they are apparently no longer Christians, either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join