It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Haiti

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Because NOTHING bad ever happens in Christian dominated times & places. cough*blackplauge*cough*

OTOH, if I thought he had any sort of spiritual insight, this would be yet another reason to not worship an indiscriminately murderous being who would smite a nation consisting predominately of his own worshippers and multiple generations away from the original so called "pact". Talk about "sins of the father"!

As it is, I wouldn't believe him if he said the sky was blue....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Statement Regarding Pat Robertson's Comments on Haiti CBN.com – VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., January 13, 2010 --On today’s The 700 Club, during a segment about the devastation, suffering and humanitarian effort that is needed in Haiti, Dr. Robertson also spoke about Haiti’s history. His comments were based on the widely-discussed 1791 slave rebellion led by Boukman Dutty at Bois Caiman, where the slaves allegedly made a famous pact with the devil in exchange for victory over the French. This history, combined with the horrible state of the country, has led countless scholars and religious figures over the centuries to believe the country is cursed. Dr. Robertson never stated that the earthquake was God’s wrath. If you watch the entire video segment, Dr. Robertson’s compassion for the people of Haiti is clear. He called for prayer for them. His humanitarian arm has been working to help thousands of people in Haiti over the last year, and they are currently launching a major relief and recovery effort to help the victims of this disaster. They have sent a shipment of millions of dollars worth of medications that is now in Haiti, and their disaster team leaders are expected to arrive tomorrow and begin operations to ease the suffering. Chris Roslan Spokesman for CBN

I embedded it as to not give him extra hits on his site. How nice of CBN, notice its not signed by Pat.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Considering the Operation Blessing scandals, many would be cautious before sending Robertson charity money for Haiti:
"According to a 2 June 1999, article in The Virginian-Pilot,[18] Robertson had extensive business dealings with Liberian president Charles Taylor. According to the article, Taylor gave Robertson the rights to mine for diamonds in Liberia's mineral-rich countryside. According to two Operation Blessing pilots who reported this incident to the state of Virginia for investigation in 1994, Robertson used his Operation Blessing planes to haul diamond-mining equipment to Robertson's mines in Liberia, despite the fact that Robertson was telling his 700 Club viewers that the planes were sending relief supplies to the victims of the genocide in Rwanda. In response to Taylor's alleged crimes against humanity the United States Congress passed a bill In November 2003 that offered two million dollars for his capture. Robertson accused President Bush of "undermining a Christian, Baptist president to bring in Muslim rebels to take over the country." At the time Taylor was harboring Al Qaeda operatives who were funding their operations through the illegal diamond trade." (see www.answers.com...)
Here we watch Robertson's "700 Club" on TBN, and the leaders of that channel have paid lip service to the poverty in Haiti for years, apparently only leaving a semi-built hospital. (see www.rickross.com... the Haitian articles are in the drop down list, and especially the very first one is quite amusing.)
Sadly, the Catholic Peace NGO Pax Christi shows little evidence of US evangelical charity in Haiti: www.paxchristiusa.org...
I heard it mentioned that first insulting people, and then adding "I'll pray for you" is the religious way of saying f-off.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I wouldn't send that man a penny. I had the made unfortunate mistake of not changing the channel quickly enough one morning and couldn't believe the half truths and outright lies coming from his mouth, that is of course when he wasn't requesting money.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I guess my question for Pat would be: There would have to be some christians in Haiti. Were they spared?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by Kaploink
Turning to god? Over 80 percent in Haiti are Catholic and the majority of the rest are Protestant.

Regardless of what Robertson believes, Catholics are Christians.

Many Evangelical groups do not consider Catholics Christian.

Forgive my impudence but many Evangelical groups suffer from the worst kind of rectal/cranial inversion.

Was it George Carlin who quipped: "I used to be all #ed up on drugs, now I'm all #ed up on God." ?
('scuze the profanity, it is in context and the auto-fix will will grab it)

No doubt! It kills me how many of these small christian groups claim to have the "right" message and that the catholics are just insane! I mean, sure they we're the first christian church and the oldest, and in my opinion should be the authority on most things christian, but my message is the right one!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
If we all really "cared" aboutb Haiti, and I mean "really", outside of an internet forum, we would sell all our goods that are not essential to our survival (tvs, ipods etc) and buy only bare essentials in terms of food, clothing etc over the next year and donate all the saved money to Haiti.

But we won't, and Haiti will remain a basket case, regardless of all the "wishing" and "humanity" on an internet forum

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Has somebody told Pat Robertson that there is a fault line under Haiti? In fact, two major fault-lines. He probably thinks that it was created after the people arrived on the island as a curse. . Hang on, oh wait, that can't be it because it must have been six thousand years ago, when the creation of the world took place!! Ssshhh, does this moron not know about plate-tectonics.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Circle]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I know from personal experience that many fundamentalist Christians consider the Roman Catholic Church a false Christian religion, as ironic as that may sound, considering it was founded by the apostle Peter, the so-called 'rock of the church'. The fundamentilists push the so-called "local church".

So, to recap, Pat Robertson says the Roman Catholic Church is Satanic, we should let the Haitians die horribly (because this is of course God's wish (after all... God is love, and what kind of loving God wouldn't want hundreds of thousands of people to suffer a horrible death), Rush Limbaugh suggests that Presient Obama responed "too" quickly to the Haitian earthquake (I guess because they're black or something) and we should all join a local church, burn all the textbooks and bask in the glow of the knowlege that the earth has only been around 13,000 years. What a world. :-(

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

just specifically in on the "death" thing- most of us will suffer rather unpleasant deaths, often more drawn out and in more agony than many of the poor souls in Haiti- this is how it has always been and how it always will be and is no more proof or disproof of God

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I was just pointing out how fundamentalist "Christians" believe in a loving God who goes around smiting anyone He does't like, and how they almost revel in the suffering of those who don't subscribe to their ideology. I wasn't promoting a belief or disbelief in a God. Just pointing out the double-think that one must adopt in order to be a "good" fundamentalist .

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Do you really expect anything less from that piss poor example of humanity and religiosity profiteering parasite?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I was just pointing out how fundamentalist "Christians" believe in a loving God who goes around smiting anyone He does't like, and how they almost revel in the suffering of those who don't subscribe to their ideology. I wasn't promoting a belief or disbelief in a God. Just pointing out the double-think that one must adopt in order to be a "good" fundamentalist .

Mind you, if you believe the Bible, God has previous for this, he has "smote" people and cities before- though how any of us are supposed to figure out which disaster is "natural" and "smiting" is beyond me

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I suppose fundamentalist logic dictates that disasters affecting non- fundamentalists are punishments from God, and disasters affecting fundamentalists are spiritual attacks from Satan. So to recap, fundamentalist logic states that their infinitly loving God is fully capable and gleefully ready to rid the world of "non-believers", yet is totally incapable of ridding the world of the evil that prevents those non-believers from believing in the first place. And then there's Glenn Beck...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Well, I know there are three central ny missionaries that are now missing in haiti..
then there's the UN staff that is missing, some of them are probably christian.
I would hope that at least the missionaries are christian!!!

so, well, time will tell...guess maybe God might get angry at his followers who chose to help the cursed?? don't know.

actually, I kind of wish robertson would retire, he seems to be doing more damage to the religion than he is good...

oh, and when Jesus was talking to his disciples about marriage and how there really isn't divorce in God's eyes...he says something that leads me to believe that God kind of not only looks at the sinner, but also those who causes the sinner to sin. so, if God chose to cause this to happen because of some deal their ancestors made with the devil, just what do you think he plans on doing to the ancestors of those who tore those ancestors from their homeland, moved them across the globe, and then made their lives such living heck that they would resort to superstitious occultism to relieve them of their misery?

na, I don't think God had to do a thing!! we sinners seem to do a fine job of cursing ourselves and each other, and all of creation without him! all he has to do is just sit there and watch! and weep!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Catholics have moved so far away from true Christianity, maybe that is why many voodooist relate to Catholics?

Can you explain the many ways in which Catholics have moved away from "true Christianity?"

How much do you really know about Catholicism? How do you define "true Christianity?"

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Sigh....Pat Robertson at it again. I am not Christian, but I do have a favor to ask of them. How about praying to your God that Pat Robertson goes directly to the Christian place they call HELL, and reserve for him the same punishment that Hitler gets in the film, "Little Nicky?"

That being said, it is so sad to know that many people think and believe God messes around in the affairs of mankind. Was not mankind given Free Will? Well, you cannot have it both ways. If mankind has free will, then God does not one thing to harm or help mankind. If he does, then we are nothing but slaves to a God we cannot see or hear. If this be the case, let us all turn our collective backs on him, and shun him away.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I sponsor a wee girl in Haiti who is more christian than I could ever be through Mercy Ministries and don't know whether she is alive or dead.. Pat Robinson is a total wanker and a hypocrite.. Cant stand him or his ilk.. They are all the same.. Judgemental pathetic assholes.. And the way I feel at the moment I would love to kick the crap out of this wanker..

[edit on 053131p://f42Thursday by Selahobed]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrenchThat being said, it is so sad to know that many people think and believe God messes around in the affairs of mankind. Was not mankind given Free Will? Well, you cannot have it both ways. If mankind has free will, then God does not one thing to harm or help mankind. If he does, then we are nothing but slaves to a God we cannot see or hear. If this be the case, let us all turn our collective backs on him, and shun him away.

Free will would not affect earthquakes though

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
He is not preaching Christianity for goodwill, in fact he is doing the complete opposite.

He is deliberately ridiculing the Christian faith and clearly has an underlying agenda.

As a Christian I do not agree with him and feel that he should not be seen as a Christian leader or as someone who should be taken seriously as a religious leader. Since when have we ever undestood God??...what arrogance!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join