It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Haiti

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Robertson's "true story": Haiti "swore a pact to the devil" to get "free from the French" and "ever since, they have been cursed"
PAT ROBERTSON: And, you know...something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, "We will serve you if you will get us free from the French." True story. And so, the devil said, "OK, it's a deal."

And they kicked the French out. You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other. Desperately poor. That island of Hispaniola is one island. It's cut down the middle. On the one side is Haiti; on the other side is the Dominican Republic. Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts, et cetera. Haiti is in desperate poverty. Same island. They need to have and we need to pray for them a great turning to God. mediamatters.org...

Nice to know that the Christian Broadcasting Network has a handle on current events. This is the 700 Club...people send this nutbar money, right?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just posted the vid here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a sick man. The whole city is in ruins...hundreds of thousands possibly dead...no hospitals..food or water...and the ahole has the nerve.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Turning to god? Over 80 percent in Haiti are Catholic and the majority of the rest are Protestant.

Regardless of what Robertson believes, Catholics are Christians.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Rev. Pat dosen't have a good grasp on Reality. I find it hard to put much FAITH in anything he says except "keep the checks and cash coming folks"
I'm pretty sure he is sincere when it comes to that.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
One big island divided in half, and on one side you have abject poverty and the other side is prosperous? Haiti isn't doing something right.

Anyway if Robertson has these thoughts about Haiti, I cant wait for the "big one" to hit San Francisco to see what he says about that.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just goes to show some people have no class. With everything happening right now, this is just an opportunity for him to "shine". Maybe, God should have him study the history of Haiti as well as some of the surrounding islands before spouting off. Just a sad commentary.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
this man....I .....have no words.....

See this is why I want to believe in God. Because SOMEONE should strike this ass down.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Turning to god? Over 80 percent in Haiti are Catholic and the majority of the rest are Protestant.

countrystudies.us...

Roman Catholicism is the official religion of Haiti, but voodoo may be considered the country's national religion. The majority of Haitians believe in and practice at least some aspects of voodoo. Most voodooists believe that their religion can coexist with Catholicism. Most Protestants, however, strongly oppose voodoo.

Catholics have moved so far away from true Christianity, maybe that is why many voodooist relate to Catholics?

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Catholics have moved so far away from true Christianity, maybe that is why many voodooist relate to Catholics?

Or could it be that Haiti was a colony of France...a Catholic country? And that the blacks absorbed that religion and mixed it with African animism?

Naw...too far out!

You must be right.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Just goes to prove there are subjects you and I can agree on. Awesome post s & f for you.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Christians are getting such a bad rap these days and most of it is totally unwarranted yet this moron seems to step up and drag Christianity through the (mainstream) mud once again.

Could anyone think of a more inappropriate statement to make when so many have lost their lives?
Pat Robertson needs to get out of the public eye and stop pretending that he represents the majority of believers.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The more I think about it, I think I have that wrong. He's proof there isn't a God, because if there were certainly Pat would have be smited a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
IF ONLY WE COULD PETITION HIM OFF THE PLANET WHENEVER SOMETHING HORRIBLE HAPPENS THIS JACKASS CHIMES IN I WONDER IF HIM AND AL SHARPTON ARE IN THE SAME BOOK CLUB. THEY LOVE TO PROFIT ON INNOCENT DEATH. IM PRETTY SURE I KNOW WHO THE SATANISTS ARE EHHEMM IT RYMES WITH BOBERTSON FIRST NAME RAT!!
WHATA SCUMBAG

I SAW A PICTURE OF A FATHER HOLDING HIS LITTLE GIRLS BODY

ID LIKE FIVE MINUTES ALONE TO SPEAK TO PAT PERSONALLY

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Many Evangelical groups do not consider Catholics Christian.

I was speaking to a woman whose child was an Evanglical missionary in Brazil, and she said they were bringing people to Christianity I said, "Aren't most Brazilians Catholic?" She actually looked at me confused and frustrated. Like I had said something horrifying.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Many Evangelical groups do not consider Catholics Christian.

Forgive my impudence but many Evangelical groups suffer from the worst kind of rectal/cranial inversion.

Was it George Carlin who quipped: "I used to be all #ed up on drugs, now I'm all #ed up on God." ?
('scuze the profanity, it is in context and the auto-fix will will grab it)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Pat Robertson is a disease, he's almost living proof there is no god.

Laying the blame for someone's misfortune or death on "divine retribution" is an age-old charlatan's trick.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
wow..... well does anyone remember what ahem Mr. Robertson said after Katrina? Just wondering since there is a large voodoo influence in New Orleans.

Oh, wait I found it, apparently that was God's wrath for legalized abortion. How did he miss the voodoo in New Orleans, oh well.

I believe the New York Daily News said it best, Haiti needs help not stupidity.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think his statements are disgrace to all of the people offering aid to Haiti as well as the residents. You'd figure the Do Gooders of the world would have a different view.

These people are allowed on TV?

The guy pretty much states, "This is the wrath of God, and this is what happens when you don't follow him."

God is killing innocent people again, causing natural disasters, according to this nut case.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
People like this guy make me lose a lot of hope for humanity as a whole.

You know, this guy asks for money in the name of the same God he appeals to while slandering people who have innocently lost their lives. The next time I hear this f-stick excuse for a human being say anything about how God should be cemented in American Governance, I am going to sue the church on behalf of all the victims of each and every declared "act of God."....

Afterall, we are giving "God" money, and according to this guy, that is part of what it takes to seek his appeasement.

This guy's "God" isn't worth pissing on to save from the fires of hell that he supposedly creates!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Not really surprising, its the only the last in a string of such statements by fundamentalist leaders. Consider what Robertson and Falwell concluded on 9/11:
"JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen." (www.actupny.org...)
So, whatever ideologically opposes the extreme evangelical right makes "God mad" and thus he takes it out regionally on totally innocent poeple! Of course there's no mention of decades of US interference in Haiti and the backing of bloody dictators in both Haiti and the Dominican Republic (which once massacred 15 000 black Haitians along its disputed border).
It is distasteful to use tragedy to push ideology, but to some people this makes sense.
Surely the belief that all unbelievers in their ideology will burn forever in hell should provide these people with enough satisfaction, and it should therefore be unecessary to cherry-pick disasters looking for victims to blame.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by halfoldman]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join