It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate What America Has Become

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre
foods we create that are genetically altered... SO WHAT?!?
it is so we have food that we do that. if there weren't, there would be plenty of crop failures every year, and not much food to go around.

What are you talking about, "America" pays (and has for years) farmers to dispose of any surplus of crop. This to control market prices. They could give two poops about starving individuals. Look at anywhere from major cities to "backwoods". If they really wanted to make sure everyone could eat, there would be fruit and nut trees and bushes growing on every street corner, they would let you know that dandelions (weeds?) have the highest beta-carotene count of any "vegetable" on the market, just to name a few.

And they don't just Genetically modify a plant to make the crop "better & stronger", they (companies like Monsanto) genetically modify it so it can't reproduce naturally, meaning you have to re-buy seeds from them in order to grow crops.

Do you even know that they have to use VIRUS genes in order to get the plant DNA to manipulate... They ravage the original plant cell with a "microscopic shot gun", and fill in all the gaps with a cocktail of virus and animal or insect genes.

Dude... you really need to get your head out of the corporate media's bungholio, and see reality for what it is..... CAPITALISM

[edit on 13-1-2010 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That is an AWESOME thread!

Glad to see the positive attention it got.
I once posted some personal feelings about America on this site and my general feelings of wanting to leave.
You have presented so much of it in posting this letter you found on Craigslist.
Many, many very cool people responded to me in understanding on that thread and it was totally cool; the rest were just flaming dumbs#$ts who could not see all that was wrong with my homeland, America.
I love her; but I hate to see her rotting.

Flag.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

are you kidding? you like Sarah Palin? she is a front monkey for fox now. you know she is bought and paid for. you know whoever works in politics nowadays, has their hands in the lobbyists cookie jar! i don't take any public servant seriously anymore, and neither should anyone else. the only politician that should be worth our time is Ron Paul.

Sarah is a puppet, just like McCain was, and the others. the only ones you can tell who are not scratching the lobbyist back, are the ones who receive negative backlash from the media, like Ron Paul has received in the past 15 years, not to mention he has been spot on and consistent through those times as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Originally posted by Wildbob77
Now as the US rushes to aid Haiti do you still hate the US?

BFD. The incompetent U.S. government couldn't even help their own citizens a week after Hurricane Katrina.

-------------------------------------------------------------

True, one event happens without any warning, supplies on the way next day(were hero's).
One hurricane being tracked for a week. Knew it was going to cause major damage ... eh no immediate help. At the same time those people should have checked the weather and evacuated.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Have you ever been to the area that was affected by Katrina?

The area involved was huge. It's easy to criticize but it's hard to implement a disaster recovery plan over such a huge area.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

are you kidding? you like Sarah Palin? she is a front monkey for fox now. you know she is bought and paid for. you know whoever works in politics nowadays, has their hands in the lobbyists cookie jar! i don't take any public servant seriously anymore, and neither should anyone else. the only politician that should be worth our time is Ron Paul.

Sarah is a puppet, just like McCain was, and the others. the only ones you can tell who are not scratching the lobbyist back, are the ones who receive negative backlash from the media, like Ron Paul has received in the past 15 years, not to mention he has been spot on and consistent through those times as well.

I agreed with that mate. Does this mean you won't be purchasing her new book?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Uzamaki

I dont support puppets, i support real people.

and to answer your question, i would probably burn her book, and watch the lost souls that went into it be freed.

[edit on 1/13/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Yes, I do like her. Your point would be? Fox hires her to be a talking head... Ooooh noes, it's the end of the world as we know it...

Relax, my friend, CNN and MSN will return to hating her soon enough...if they haven't already.

The reason you don't like her is you disagree with her. In and of itself, not a bad thing. I don't particularly like many people because I disagree with them, doesn't make them "owned" by anyone else, just makes 'em wrong...

Yep, I like her. Doesn't mean I'll necessarily vote for her, should she run. I liked Sen. McCain and President Obama, too, didn't vote for either one of them either.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Ya and how long did the govenment "postpone" the much needed reinforcement of the levy's...

seriously..... look for the cause of a problem not "the excuse"

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

its the fact that people support these puppets, that it keeps going on like this. you cant fix anything unless you work from the base up, and not from the top down. its too late for that.

i am glad you wont vote for her, but anyone in politics, or anyone who works for the main slave media follows a script. its all a farce. if you like her because its entertainment, that's one thing. liking her to run for office is another. these people are bought and paid for, follow a script, and sell it the the people.

they call it faux news for a reason.

*We distort, you comply*

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Why are liberals so full of hate?

Why now? The liberals are large and in charge, yet they seem more angry and hateful than they usually are?

Looks like someone failed to read the letter.
You have made yourself an example of what it says.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
There is only one way to get (most) Americans angry enough to want to change things.

Take away their cable or satellite services. Cut their tv off completely.

My brother used to work for a cable company, and he used to tell me how angry people would get if their cable was cut off.

In some cases, they would completely lose their minds. Threaten to beat him up, threaten to kill him, etc. It's amazing what people will do when they are about to lose their T.V.

The company he worked for knew this, and trained all employees how to handle angry customers, especially the ones who got violent.

Turn off the t.v. of collective America and they might be willing to pay attention to something else other than American Idol.

As a child born out of the 60's, growing up in the 70's, it amazes me how no one wants to do anything that requires them being without a cell phone, ipod, or computer. People are hypnotized, and until they come out of it I'm afraid this nation will NOT revolt much against anything.....as a whole.

exactly what i said. you got it right

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Great words!!! Ain't North-American, I'm just another "North-Americanized-South-American" and I know EXACTLY what this anonymous pissed-off guy is talkin' about, BUT HOLD ON!!!! The issues that he/she, is exposing here, are EXCLUSIVITY of USA??? The paradigm of life-controlled mass x life-controller-government, is a particular problem of North-Americans or the entire world society??? This guy thinks "American way of life" sucks, currently??? Maybe he/she should leave US and go to live in some African or South American nation...
EVERYBODY for everywhere is trapped in a evil system submitted to interests of corrupt governments, international financial groups, weaponry industry, pharmaceutical conglomerates and oil companies. At this time who's innocent to believe that there isn't a "shadow-global-government" behind this system??? Is that guy complaining that Americans are guinea pigs of war and pharmaceutical industry? What about him moving to a slum in Latin America and closely chek 8, 9 years old children, becoming soldiers in the drug trade or maybe move to Africa and follow the extermination of millions of people by biological weapons such as viruses of HIV and Ebola? The entire world is a load of sheep going to slaughter, and all this sh*t started 2.000 years ago with the Templars crusades, secret Freemason societies ruling governments from the shadows, world leaders involvied with dark ancient occult mysteries. IMO It's too silly and selfish to resume this sinister system of things, to a "North-American People Issue". Are this dude talking about "DIVIDED and CONQUERED" Americans??? WTF??? We are an entire FRAGMENTED and F*CKED mankind. Does anyone ALREADY realized WHY the SAME human race, that share the SAME planet, do speak hundred of different idioms??? Whoever planned a global government eras ago, planned well done, 'cos it's just working...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
post this letter on every craigs list in the USA in the farm and garden section.. you will be heard!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is the mentality we need, more people need it. The government is helping others rob this country blind and the author just like me is sick of it.

Great letter, great post!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
The reason you don't like her is you disagree with her.

This is not a Paling thread, but since it's relevant to OP, let me add:

Seagull, you are dead wrong here. Can't you see that the OP and others don't like her because she is at the very least uninformed (see recent articles and the book about her recently published). She doesn't have the depth or swiftness of thought that are requisite in a politician that she aspired to be.

Is that hard to understand?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by ErwinAndHisFeline

Personally? I like Sarah Palin, she has something the American political climate has been missing since Theodore Roosevelt. A shootfromthehippness that I find refreshing in this time of managed politicos.

So instead of a cowboy (Bush) you want a cowgirl in the oval office? I think 8 years of madness was enough.

Mrs. Palin doesn't have the intelectual prerequisites to do the job. I hope she'll do a good job reading from the FOX telepromter

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the best threads I've read here. That anonymous person on Craigslist (the original author) had this down to a T. America does suck, and will continue to suck...unfortunately, although America is probably the top country for failure, there's still the other countries that kisses America's ass too and tries to follow in its footsteps.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TVChatten
This has got to be one of the best threads I've read here. That anonymous person on Craigslist (the original author) had this down to a T. America does suck, and will continue to suck...unfortunately, although America is probably the top country for failure, there's still the other countries that kisses America's ass too and tries to follow in its footsteps.

Feel free to leave this country then if it sucks so bad. Be interesting to see where you pick as 'better'. The productive side of America will not miss you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join