It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate What America Has Become

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm the kind of guy that HATES not knowing, and I'm always searching for answers. One big question that I have on my mind all the time is how long will it take Americans to realize what the author of the post was saying is true? How long will it take for the citizens of this country, for the PATRIOTS of this country, to come together and finally put a stop to this nonsense once and for all?

That is probably the most nagging question I have on my mind these days, and I hate to say that I really don't know, and that's scary.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You said it all pal!!!!!!! great post!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
There is only one way to get (most) Americans angry enough to want to change things.

Take away their cable or satellite services. Cut their tv off completely.

My brother used to work for a cable company, and he used to tell me how angry people would get if their cable was cut off.

In some cases, they would completely lose their minds. Threaten to beat him up, threaten to kill him, etc. It's amazing what people will do when they are about to lose their T.V.

The company he worked for knew this, and trained all employees how to handle angry customers, especially the ones who got violent.

Turn off the t.v. of collective America and they might be willing to pay attention to something else other than American Idol.

As a child born out of the 60's, growing up in the 70's, it amazes me how no one wants to do anything that requires them being without a cell phone, ipod, or computer. People are hypnotized, and until they come out of it I'm afraid this nation will NOT revolt much against anything.....as a whole.

I STRONGLY agree with your statement. It goes along with what I've always been saying about how Americans probably won't really do a damn thing about ANYTHING until they are taken out of their comfort zones. People will continue to be lazy and selfish as long as they continue to have their everyday comforts. Once you take these away, then the spark that causes anger in people will be ignite and we will be on our way to change.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

What we need is someone willing to lead the revolt. I am waiting for that person to step up.

May I ask why you need a person to lead the revolt??? the reason I ask is that a few times revolts have been led by an idea over an actual person.. take Captain Swing during the Swing riots (or risings) in my part of England in the 1830s, rather than being a real person the Swing riots (of risings) were led by an imaginary leader, which can act as a safeguard against oppression from the authorities.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by StupidCableGuy

shooting down the cameras at stop lights is a great idea! i might have some fun with my 22 tonight.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

What we need is someone willing to lead the revolt. I am waiting for that person to step up.

And then why isnt that person you? You are waiting? You are writing on the internet, and you are discounting the shared frustration of someone just like yourself, yet you are waiting?
Maybe a million "people like you"?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

I would love to read your thoughts. I'm sure I could agree with most of what you say. However, you seem to have a very limited vocabulary. Ie: "snip...snip...snip". These are obviously foul words. When you go onto a forum and wish to influence people of your abilities and grasp of a subject, you deminish that possibility profoundly by the use of gutter language. If your goal is to enlighten fellow ATS'ers then you may wish to consider this. If, on the other hand, you meerly wish to look like a fool, carry on...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by romanmel]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I Yi Yi....seriously, did you not see that these were not my words?

I think we can all agree that the way this was presented was less than optimum, but for the love of Pete, can you get past that and just get to the crux of the message????

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Cherryontop]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by americanwoman
Let me guess which Craigslist you found this on....Berkeley? San Francisco?

If that is truly how you see this country do it's citizenry a favor would you? Please remember a little thing called FREEDOM. Please exercise your FREEDOM to move your *SNIP to North Korea, Cuba or any other of a long list of countries. Hell, you just let me know and I will be more than happy to come help you with your travel arrangements.

From the looks of your post I would say it is quickly becoming land of the blind and home of common sense's grave.

The most dangerous attitude towards change is one of complacency, or contentedness with the status quo. This type of argument is the scariest of all; the 'ol patriots "Love it or leave it" hymn. Just accept what's going, cause hey, it's worse somewhere else! This sort nationalist viewpoint has been very effective throughout history in getting masses of people to accept all kinds of atrocities.
I live in California, and your stereotypical retort is far less than accurate. Believe me, California (esp. Berkeley & San Fran) is no threat to the status quo; the Beemer drivers here could give a rat's a$$ about what is going on as long the sushi is fresh, prop 8 gets passed, and Macy's has the latest fashions in stock.
The letter makes some valid points, and Craigslist, ATS, or anywhere a open ear can be found is a good starting point. It is plainly, and painfully obvious, that the biggest threat to any type of change in the direction we are heading, is the BLINDLY patriotic citizen willing to put a bullet in the back of those that dare question or comment on the way things are going.
No the "Love or Leave it" anthem, is much better suited for a country like N. Korea, or China, where a constitution like ours never exisited.
Go back to sleep...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
agree with some, not so much on others.

foods we create that are genetically altered... SO WHAT?!?
it is so we have food that we do that. if there weren't, there would be plenty of crop failures every year, and not much food to go around.

Wrong! The only reason why crop failure causes food shortages is due to us not learning from an old saying : "Never put all your eggs in one basket". We have monocultures for food growth such that whenever there is a "bug/disease" it devastates that crop. In step the genetic modifiers to ensure we keep the monocrop (now licensed by the genetic modifiers DUH!) and thus control the food supply.

For years and years and years the "tree huggers" "liberals" etc etc (insert whatever derogatory term makes you feel smug) have been stating we need a diverse food supply which will protect against disease. Farmers used to that very thing until post WWII monocrop culture took over.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Good rants have a solution.........I saw none.
We can bitch all day long but if you don't instill some sort of plan or effort to change things, whats the point?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

And then why isnt that person you? You are waiting? You are writing on the internet, and you are discounting the shared frustration of someone just like yourself, yet you are waiting?
Maybe a million "people like you"?

I will give you an honest answer and some people have mentioned it already. Why not me? Because I have a pretty good life and I am not willing to throw it all away for the cause. I have a great job that pays well, a house and a family. We live pretty comfortably and I consider myself blessed to lead the life I am able to.

If you are going to take on the federal government you have to be willing to lose everything you have. They will come after you with no mercy and will make every effort to destroy you.

Simple answer: While I am angry about what is happening in America today and hate government interference in our lives I am not willing to give up everything I have to fight it......yet.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

Nah. I can't take a letter like that seriously, when the idiot disguises his true motives. Bait and switch. He's crying about Sarah Palin having positive poll numbers, then berates "teabaggers", the same people protesting higher taxes and more Government -- the same thing he's supposedly mad at.

Noticed that, too?

So very, very angry...hmm. So instead of making some suggestions as to how we might fix the things he thinks need fixing, he goes on an epic name calling rant... Vvvverrrry constructive...

...not.

This is what political discourse has come to in America today. To it's detriment, I might add.

Nonsensical for the most part.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Why are liberals so full of hate?

Why now? The liberals are large and in charge, yet they seem more angry and hateful than they usually are?

#1 - Liberals arent in charge, politicians and corporate america are in charge. Seriously, wake the hell up.

#2 did you not actually read the post?

And before you go thinking this is a "liberal" based rant.....that brings me to one more item on an ever-lengthening list. This "Liberal" versus "Conservative" paradigm that so many of you simple dunces buy into.....as BOTH parties sell you out to the multinational corporations, banks and special interests that actually run Washington D.C.).....you do this STUPID dance every day, blithely detatched from the reality that YOU YOURSELF are helping to DIVIDE AND CONQUER the nation, as you myopically beat your little Hannity/Olberman drum of FUTILE self -righteous indignation. PATHETIC.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Then I'm glad you mods don't get to decide what hits the front page.. I for one thought it was a wicked rant..I like outright egotism like that, everyone is usually wanting to be P.C and "offer a solution"..

Seagull.. TODAY'S SOLUTIONS ARE TOMORROWS PROBLEMS..

There is no solution, so rant rant rant.

Myself, I see Palin voters and Teabaggers (haha) as one and the same.. People that care, they care about there family, they care about there future. Not many people have time to to do actual research and come to a reasonable opinion so they opt for the "knee jerk" government option handed to them..

Thanks cherryontop.. And keep on squawking Seagull..

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Now as the US rushes to aid Haiti do you still hate the US?

The US is always ready to help another country in an emergency. Yet everyone still hates the US.

I understand that people don't like some of policies of the US but I don't understand the hate!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ErwinAndHisFeline

That's all to the good. Where were the solutions in that rant? Must have missed them amidst all the vitriol.

Personally? I like Sarah Palin, she has something the American political climate has been missing since Theodore Roosevelt. A shootfromthehippness that I find refreshing in this time of managed politicos.

So we agree, sort of...

As to what people on ATS find interesting? I find myself surprised quite often, and disappointed other times... As for being a mod? In this instance I'm a member expressing an opinion which is neither more nor less valid than anyone elses.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Now as the US rushes to aid Haiti do you still hate the US?

BFD. The incompetent U.S. government couldn't even help their own citizens a week after Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
S'okay, what's YOUR proposal to a solution? Where do we start? Should we form our own armies and go out and find these Malthusians and chop them up, just like every other uprising in history? Over, and over and over again, so it goes. How very original. Guess who wins; but at least we try, huh? Every individual has to come to his own reckoning I guess, and everyone will at some point; so pick your battles, but stop assuming that nothing is being done, because it is. You know what you have to do yourself, so do it.

!. There is no need of government beyond the family you belong to. If it were up to me, there would be a government of "Mind Your Own Business", which, means basically, it's up to you to direct your own lives. The Mission Statement is: "You're just supposed to do it!"

As for those of evil intent, the same applies; consider, manage, treat and dispose of what goes on in the heart and mind and: Mind Your Own Business.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by IGottaBeMe]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by IGottaBeMe]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
its painfully obvious that some people who replied to this thread didint even read the post.

it wasnt the OP who wrote it, it was from craigs list. and this isnt a leftist/rightist rant. he/she explains in the post that the left middle right is an illusion to divide and conquer us all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join