It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate What America Has Become

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Excellent, my sentiments exactly. Starred and friended. Your one brave soul because many of the sheeple have bought and drank the Corporate Kool Aid.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Source is here and you can contact the author:

www.craigslist.org...

The person who originated this has my vote.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I think the op is trying to get people to wake up to reality. Are you going to wait until someone puts a gun in your face before you wake up? History is repeating itself. The history of Nazi Germany. In fact, many of the same families that funded that effort are in power right here in America. Imagine that!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Some things I can agree with and many I do not. I always laugh when people belittle the intelligence of others, and then use horrible grammar, terrible spelling, and some of the longest fragmented run-on sentences in the history of man.

Its good that he can post his opinions, but its just a rant that runs on and on and on, tying together some truth with half truths with lies. However his lack of education is proof the system did indeed fail him. Although, there is no excuse for calling for the lynching and execution of officials and executives. That is never acceptable.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by johnny2127]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
He seems a bit upset about something.
I think he needs to have a talk with someone about anger management.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zbrain75
reply to post by gandhi

I think the op is trying to get people to wake up to reality. Are you going to wait until someone puts a gun in your face before you wake up? History is repeating itself. The history of Nazi Germany. In fact, many of the same families that funded that effort are in power right here in America. Imagine that!

Thanks zbrain75...this is exactly what I was trying to get across by reposting this letter here. Again to all whom have offered advice to me, I did not author the letter. I simply read it and thought it was something that merited more seeing it.
Does it offer solutions, no.
Is it harshly worded, yes
Does it have a message, oh you bet it does.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
His points in the letter are valid, and do not blame liberals or conservatives, the finger squarely points at the collective US.
This isnt a rant, its a state of the union address, what it lacks is a promise or a plan and just like children walking in a crowded public place, those reading this and reaching up for mommy or daddys hand to hold and lead them out of the scary place reply with critiques and scoffs because they truly do not know. They are little, they are afraid and they'll do or say anything, to deny it and convince themselves otherwise.
It all starts with each individual, each of us, our immediate choices are building a longer lasting reality to which we leave our offspring.
We live short lives, and want the most from them and have allowed ourselves to sell short all other lives as a whole.....collectively.
Standing in front of the mirror and questioning yourself, your motivation and worth, your contribution, your level of involvement into making things better or worse, is a good place to find answers.
He might have been angry, yet he still had emotion, something that apathy is truly void of.

The rage of dreaming sheep washes clear when the wolf walks onto the pasture.

Doing the best that you can? Are you?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
BRAVO.....BRAVO........

I have been saying this for months and have been accused of being anti-American.....(look how big my foe list is getting)

Seems the die-hard, American flag draped, patriot refuses to acknowledge that this is reality....

Anyway, glad to see that a lot of Americans are starting to wake up!

S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

lol i watch fox news every day for hours on end and its kind of funny that Glen Beck says a lot of the same things that this guy said. its people like you that allow the tyrants that run this country to take and use what ever they want from the American people. all fox news ever talks about is the opinions of people about the same topics that are being force fed by the American government. as they do so, they deny any bit of information that can actually be called news. our media is a joke.

if u want the truth about what is happening with this country watch the world news. watch other opinions other than conservative, liberal one sided views. you trust way to much. you trust our leaders and news casters as if they are your family. would you trust a miscellanies man who walks into your house and uses for his own? people find it so hard to believe that our leaders could resemble the tyrants of the past. you can stay blind to what is actually happening in the world but im not going to sit idly by while im being force fed worthless information.

i pry to God that you and the others of this country that think the way you do, finally come to there senses.

WAKE UP!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Its sad that this sort of crap makes so many people here proud. Even if you agree with his message they way he speaks it immediately reduces its value because of his obvious lack of education. Sounds like an angry high school drop out.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
Some things I can agree with and many I do not. I always laugh when people belittle the intelligence of others, and then use horrible grammar, terrible spelling, and some of the longest fragmented run-on sentences in the history of man.

Its good that he can post his opinions, but its just a rant that runs on and on and on, tying together some truth with half truths with lies. However his lack of education is proof the system did indeed fail him. Although, there is no excuse for calling for the lynching and execution of officials and executives. That is never acceptable.

thats kind of funny since thats how we over threw the british and took this country for our own. also lack of grammar or spelling does not mean that some one is uneducated. they just dont fallow the worthless lines set out for us by our system. you understood everything that he said right? was there a real point of putting the proper punctuation or spelling the words just right? it seems to me that this man/woman has been able to find an alternate means of comunication that does not worry about the proper this and that while still being understandable. and as you can tell i my self did not worry about spelling and punctuation in this post and im pretty sure that you have understood everything that i have said to you

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

Originally posted by johnny2127

thats kind of funny since thats how we over threw the british and took this country for our own. also lack of grammar or spelling does not mean that some one is uneducated. they just dont fallow the worthless lines set out for us by our system. you understood everything that he said right? was there a real point of putting the proper punctuation or spelling the words just right? it seems to me that this man/woman has been able to find an alternate means of comunication that does not worry about the proper this and that while still being understandable. and as you can tell i my self did not worry about spelling and punctuation in this post and im pretty sure that you have understood everything that i have said to you

We could also understand exactly what an adult with Down's Syndrome was saying, or a 3 year old child. The ability to understand what someone is trying to communicate has nothing to do with education. Heck, we could communicate with aboriginal tribes if need be. And yes, the lack of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation is absolutely a sign of a lack of education. The exception would be if he has a learning disorder, and the way his brain works he is unable to learn the proper patterns, spelling, grammar, etc. That being said, it does not have anything to do with actual intelligence. He could be very intelligent. Who knows. What is known is that he has a lack of education, and has a mixture of anger issues, paranoia. That seems to be going around the postings on this site lately......

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
While I do agree with some of what this person wrote. I have to find it funny that he complains that Americans do nothing while the country is being destroyed from within. Like writing a letter on Craigs list is going to make any difference. What has this guy done to save the country?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There is only one way to get (most) Americans angry enough to want to change things.

Take away their cable or satellite services. Cut their tv off completely.

My brother used to work for a cable company, and he used to tell me how angry people would get if their cable was cut off.

In some cases, they would completely lose their minds. Threaten to beat him up, threaten to kill him, etc. It's amazing what people will do when they are about to lose their T.V.

The company he worked for knew this, and trained all employees how to handle angry customers, especially the ones who got violent.

Turn off the t.v. of collective America and they might be willing to pay attention to something else other than American Idol.

As a child born out of the 60's, growing up in the 70's, it amazes me how no one wants to do anything that requires them being without a cell phone, ipod, or computer. People are hypnotized, and until they come out of it I'm afraid this nation will NOT revolt much against anything.....as a whole.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Threads too full of ignorant name calling for me to take it seriously. sorry, next time be a little more... un egoist.

At first I thought the same thing, but in this case everyone needs to take it with a grain of salt and appreciate the content of the message.

100% correct

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
While I do agree with some of what this person wrote. I have to find it funny that he complains that Americans do nothing while the country is being destroyed from within. Like writing a letter on Craigs list is going to make any difference. What has this guy done to save the country?

We really dont know what he's done or who he even is, all we know is how he feels through the letter he wrote. It made it from craigslist to here so who knows?, what door it opened somewhere.
He's done what you or I do here, he's written something, expressed something. He's obviously concerned, he's obviously genuine in his feelings.
He didnt write that we should be killed or controlled or that we should hate one another, he simply wrote part of his truth of perception, and is it honestly that far off the mark?
It's clear that the status quo doesnt work well, that there are better outcomes to our time spent on this orb.
I usually try to put into perspective the intentions behind the actions, any and all actions, mine first, because I control those directly, and then the actions of others.
Did he lie? No he didnt lie.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

To me this is just another rant posted on the internet. American keyboard warriors are a dime a dozen. Just about every forum on the internet has them.

Complaining on the web does nothing. Talk is cheap. You know what would make people pay attention? Taking action. Start a new political party, start petitions against what the government is doing, organize a march on Washington or better yet a march down Wall Street in NYC.

What we need is someone willing to lead the revolt. I am waiting for that person to step up.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't think a revolt is really the answer. I think taking small steps towards being a better human being will ultimately cause the change we seek. Look at yourself, are you the best you you can be?
Do you help your fellow man, do you check on your neighbors, do you give to others, your time, your compassion, your love.
Start making the changes you seek in your own life and be an example to the rest of the world.

This guys letter certainly comes from a place of frustration, what he does with that is neither your place to judge, nor mine.

We collectively are so distracted, by design in most cases, that we have neither the time nor the inclination to even begin to address the woes of the planet, yet we can, in small ways effect things. Even thoughts. Thoughts become things, chose the good ones.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Print this one up as a little pamphlet to pass out to everyone. (reinsert F-bombs)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i]Originally posted by OldManReilly
Its sad that this sort of crap makes so many people here proud.

[What is really sad is that the defensive position and acceptance of the point of complaint is tolerated by the blind, by ignorance, or as in your postion choice!]

Even if you agree with his message they way he speaks it immediately reduces its value because of his obvious lack of education.

[Neither you nor I can judge his "education" from his letter but we can acknowledge his passion and his mind set, it's apparent that he's concerned and that he cares, not only for himself but for others.
What I can judge is your immediate position of superiority and disregard, the assumption of your perfection promulgates your participation in the belief that it's business as usual and you offer no alternatives.]

Sounds like an angry high school drop out.

[On the contrary, he sounds like an educated frustrated awakening individual that is expressing his discontent for a system and a world in which you are satisfied with his, mine and your shackles, the prejudice judgements that come with them, and a personal rebellion to make a change.

You offer what?, more of the same?]

The rage of dreaming sheep washes clear when the wolf walks onto the pasture. I'm surprised you didnt call him a pinhead!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join