It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - HAITI REGION

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thank you. I am not that educated in this area. Sounds bout right then. Either way, Haiti is no longer very independent.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by cjcord]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
@RAMhaiti

# I'm beginning to hear helicopters more often now.. I predict massive emmigration.. no homes, no jobs,no medical treatment.disaster half a minute ago from web

(I'm also on the Washington Post, twitter #haiti and BBC News LIVE:UPDATES)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Disaster_Center - 6:49 p.m.
Salvation Army: Major Ron Busroe says most damage is at Port Au Prince-Population 2.5 million people, estimated loss of life up to 250,000

Gina_Alzate - 6:49 p.m.
RT @travelingted: RT @dennisdjacobs: Tourists feared dead in Haiti earthquake - /ye8clqk #xmnrtrvl #travel #Port-au-Prince

link   
Well China just pledge 1 million dollars for Haiti and a team of rescue and search will be also heading to Haiti.

Also another elite team from UK with search dogs are getting reading for Haiti.

link   
reply to post by infinite

You rock. Thanks to everyone who has been keeping us updated!
Maybe our collective cone of energy here will help them out.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
@RAMhaiti

# I'm hearing that there is damage in Jacmel. The theatre is down as well as some buildings..no confirmation half a minute ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Troy Livesay, Port-au-Prince, blogs: Thousands of people are currently trapped. To guess at a number would be like guessing at raindrops in the ocean. Precious lives hang in the balance. When pulled from the rubble there is no place to take them for care. I cannot imagine what the next few weeks and months will be like. I am afraid for everyone.

(Source:BBC)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I struggled with actually posting this, but who knows, some people might be interested. Personally, I saw the headline and closed the tab:

Pat Robertson's opinion

www.thepoliticalcarnival.net...

-----

Update from Twitter:
Apparently members of MSF Canada were reported missing, but it is said now they are not.

"FRANCE7776 RT @MSF_canada: misinfo about#MSF: 800+ staff in #Haiti,most r busy working,not missing! More staff on way! "

[edit on 13-1-2010 by cjcord]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
# RT @fredodupoux: Everybody gathering on place Saint Pierre. tweetphoto.com... 1 minute ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The international Red Cross said a third of Haiti's 9 million people may need emergency aid and that it would take a day or two for a clear picture of the damage to emerge.

www.chron.com...

French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner said on he feared everyone inside the United Nations headquarters in Haiti were killed when the building was destroyed.

www.wtam.com...

Unbelievable!

Makes you think how worthless we are when we can't do anything to help

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
1849 The Caribbean Community (Caricom) says its member states are "ready to assist our brothers and sisters" in Haiti. "While we are very encouraged by the many expressions of international support that are already pouring in to Haiti, Caricom as a region also intends to play its part," it says, according to the Caribbean Media Corporation.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Those in NYC:

From Twitter:
Himanerad Tonight at 6PM EST, a prayer vigil will be held at the Haitian Consulate of NY on Madison Avenue (btw 39th and 40th Sts.)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Relief and Donation Locations By State (USA)

www.rockmasters.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Airchecker - 6:57 p.m.
RT @VCNews360: CDN Former MP Reported Missing, Serge Marcil was staying at hotele in Port -au-Prince, he had only arrived in Haiti an hr ...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Link to Post Missing Persons reports:

www.koneksyon.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Estimates point to about 4000 dangerous inmates escape from the prisons also the first pictures taken by US helicopters coming from Haiti been shown on the news.

It's feared that most of the missing from the UN are still under the rubble.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says she will shorten her trip to Asia because of the earthquake. "It is biblical, the tragedy that continues to stalk Haiti and the Haitian people," she tells reporters in Hawaii, according to the AFP news agency.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
An Icelandic Search and Rescue team left for Boston earlier today and will apparently land in Haiti in 2 hours.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That's very frightening, 4000 inmates on the lose?

One thing that made me feel disgusted of being part of the human race was hearing about reports of rape during the Katrina fiasco.

In New Orleans there were so many reports of rape, imagine losing everything.... all that you own, your home and your family and during that state of shock you get raped.

I felt so angry when I heard of those stories and people were saying "oh New Orleans has alot of culture"...

4000 Inmates on the lose in Haiti, you bet we'll hear cases of rape.

I already know i'll hear that news and maybe even look for it and it will completely get me so angry once I hear it.

As the first self-aware species on this planet.....we sure do suck!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
New Tweet:

LoanyG RT @KingTexas: RT @disCYBilized: BIG UPS GUYANA! the prez just gave $1million to #haiti

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join