It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - HAITI REGION

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says she will shorten her trip to Asia because of the earthquake. "It is biblical, the tragedy that continues to stalk Haiti and the Haitian people," she tells reporters in Hawaii, according to the AFP news agency.

the fact she said "biblical" makes me thinks shes a pat robertson fan...

she must be one of them peeps who thinks this a sign of the end of the world. im not saying it couldnt be, it intrests me greatly but damn, where the compassion..

on twitter:
VerdaFolio: UN Peacekeepers in Haiti cover up police "campaign of terror in Port-au-Prince

[edit on 13-1-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That is just terrible, many of those dangerous criminals will get their hands on weapons and can cause a lot of damage to the aid personnel.

Now the US government is admitting that military personnel is not accounted for it in Haiti

It seems that the people are heading for the coast thinking that that is from where the aid will come specially with the news of US ships heading for Haiti.

So sad, so sad.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think that, by biblical, she meant the Deluge, the Great Flood. It's a tragedy with biblical proportions. It's a normal thing to compare with.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
VerdaFolio: BBC: 3,000 UN peacekeepers based in and around Port-au-Prince are "securing the ports aid can get through".

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
peaceimages - 7:14 p.m.
RT @stlblogger: RT @LadyDior47: 3 ppl are stuck under the house at 10 rue marcadieu bourdon. port-au-prince haiti, Ingrid Jaar & mom ...

MelyMello - 7:14 p.m.
IBM currently working to set up communications hub in Port-au-Prince so families in #Haiti & elsewhere can connect.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
*sighs*

whitherwanda - 7:16 p.m.
RT @sableverity: Death everywhere in Port-au-Prince. Bodies of tiny children piled next to schools. Corpses of women on the street...

Apparently there are pictures, but I will not post them out of a)respect and b) too emotive to see children piled corpses

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Confirmation of a sort:

mymanhenri Thanks you!! Guyanese President Bharrat Jagdeo pledges $1M for #Haiti, announced by Haitian Consul General Of NY Felix Augutin mins ago.

---

milytroutman: Reports say roads going into Port au Prince are cleared. #Haiti

----

RodrigoBNO: Colegio Salesiano San Juan Bosco in Port-au-Prince destroyed. More than 200 children under the rubble, according to TVE.

----

Death was everywhere in Port-au-Prince. Bodies of tiny children were piled next to schools. Corpses of women lay on the street with stunned expressions frozen on their faces as flies began to gather. Bodies of men were covered with plastic tarps or cotton sheets.
--news.yahoo.com...

---

Thumb_girl-may5full_normal
AmeriCares: Help Haiti! Staff and Aid bound for Port-au-Prince. AmeriCares pledged $5 million in relief for the Haitian people

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
US to stop all illegals been deported from Haiti for the time being.

Hell it doesn't take a genius that this just the humanitarian thing to do.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't have time to make a thread on this but for all of you who think its HAARP you need to check out the graphs.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

That's a bunch of data from HAARP and it doesn't look like it was going nuts before or during the earthquake.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Nuclear submarine now to be joining other ships heading to Haiti.

Now what a nuclear submarine will do in Haiti?

link   
atompkins - 7:22 p.m.
CNN's Dr Sanjay Gupta says relief supply carrying cargo planes are landing at Port-au-Prince Haiti's airport

link   
reply to post by cjcord

After this message:

Bodies of tiny children were piled next to schools.

it started hitting me.......

I never use strong language on ATS but God damn it, i feel like crying!!!

I am out.

Peace

[edit on 13/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

link   
I know they need everything they can get, but 1 million from China? Not enough considering the Guyana is giving the same, they are not near as wealthy as China. Come on China, you can do better than that.
I wish I could be there right now to help. I am so freakin upset by this. I'm pissed off cuz everyone I work with doesn't even give a rats a**, we should be having a prayer vigil.

All I can do is pray for them, alone.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I'm with ya. A friend of mine called me this morning. She started to gossip about her job and I had to cut her off. She may be mad, but come on now. It amazes me when people really live as if nothing else in the world matters except themselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
HarlemHazel: RT @cnnbrk: "Port-au-Prince is flattened ... more than 100,000 are dead," says Haitian consul general to U.N

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Some good news:

salvigirl81 - 7:29 p.m.
RT @BreakingNews: U.N. says Haiti's Port-au-Prince's main airport is "fully operational" and open to earthquake relief flights -

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Salvation Army report via MSNBC

Heartbreaking audio

www.salvationarmy.ca...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Nuclear submarine now to be joining other ships heading to Haiti.

Now what a nuclear submarine will do in Haiti?

A nuclear sub can actually power the island by itself and they have been used for the before after a disaster.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A new nightmare

FreedomCenter RT @cfpdx: Restavek Foundation RT @FreedomCenter: #Haiti: children are especially vulnerable to human #trafficking: http://(link tracking not allowed)/8LaSHJ

Reports that more than half the victims are children. Above link goes to discussion on human trafficking concerns now.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Gemelle2T2: RT @BreakingNews: Cmdr. of U.S. Coast Guard cutter reports heavy damage to Port-au-Prince port; 4 badly injured U.S. Embassy workers evacuated

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join