It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - HAITI REGION

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

"This Earthquake is a reminder to us that WE are not Gods, and quite frankly we still need our GOD(s)."

Not everyone will understand that quote..

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have a personal report, Here in Agawam Ma, military cargo planes have been leaving and going to Westover AFB all day. It's been non stop, literally. Directly over my house. Sounds like freight trains coming through my living room.

So, for what that's worth. They ARE busy.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Latest news, aid is now been piling out in Haiti Airport and people has been making their way there, but to reach the most affected areas the personnel arriving at the airport have not means yet how to do that, as roads are destroyed.

I guess Helicopters has not arrived yet.

3000 troops and police are trying to keep order in the Capitol, I guess is not going to take long before the riots and driven by desperation starts to take over.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Unfortunately, my two contacts on the ground there say this has already sort of started. Apparently some people looting were confronted by other citizens, and fighting has broken out in some areas. From my contacts words, many people are ignoring the injured and exploiting the situation.

link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
CNN: estimated 40,000-45,000 americans live in haiti, many are unaccounted for

Haitian First Lady: "Most of Port Au-Prince is destroyed"

CNN gave 140K friend
that's what I heard

link   
@RAMhaiti twittering live from Haiti

# we still feel occasional tremors here but they're not that strong..no electricity..no logistical support to speak of.. 8 minutes ago from web
# I hear there is severe damage at some other hotels but I haven't seen them myself @goneonvaca 10 minutes ago from web
# No word on Hotel Karibe yet @BreaMcD 11 minutes ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The best we can offer them at the moment is first-aid care and stabilization. The reality of what we're seeing is severe traumas—head wounds, crushed limbs—severe problems that cannot be dealt with at the level of care we currently have available with no infrastructure really to support it. So our major priority and focus is to re-establish as soon as possible a secondary level of surgical capacity in the country.

Doctors without borders source

I can't even imagine what those doctors must be going through. The horror of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
scholz - 6:18 p.m.
RT @BreakingNews: French Embassy in Port-au-Prince destroyed, hundreds of French nationals missing, French foreign minister says - Radio ...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
more from twitter:

southernarcher: RT @BreakingNews: French Embassy in Port-au-Prince destroyed, hundreds of French nationals missing

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
@RAMhaiti

# I heard of a house collapse near Lycee Francais but am not up to date on extent of damage in area 1 minute ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

There are around 3 million people in the city, over half under the age of 18. We need to get US Marines and UN peacekeepers on the ground asap, the 3000 Haitian security and police forces will be overwhelmed.

From my experience in these kind of events, the international community has about 72 hours from the time of the disaster to establish order or we will have complete anarchy.

link   
kenshane - 6:21 p.m.
9,000 UN peacekeepers are missing in #Haiti. The Archbishop of Port Au Prince died in the quake. Prayers please.

link   
reply to post by cjcord

Is human nature, once the initial shock is over the lawlessness takes over because of lack of government presence.

That is why before any attempts to start the aid it has to be some show or force be military or government.

That is where the US and UN comes to, so sadly until this is done is not way people can get the immediately help it needs and many more will die because of that.

Aid has arrived but the military personnel is still on transition.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
From the BBC:

1756 UK Foreign Office Minister, Baroness Kinnock, says officials working hard to locate and contact British nationals in Haiti and that the UK is ready to work with the Haitian government and international partners to respond to the crisis. "We are in close contact with our honorary consul in Port-au-Prince. Despite major communications challenges, she is working hard to help locate British nationals and provide further information on the situation on the ground. At present, we have no reports of any British casualties," she says.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Meinie Nicolai, director of operations at Medecins Sans Frontieres in Brussels, tells the BBC World Service that three of its health centres in Haiti have been partially destroyed. "Up till now we have received just fewer than 1,000 people. Some even came to our office building to be cared for. We are seeing patients with fractures and trauma. The situation is dramatic and chaotic. We don't know how many are wounded and dead but the situation is serious… We are flying in 80 tonnes of extra material with an inflatable hospital... There are plenty of problems," she says.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Interesting. Those discussing Haiti becoming a territory, has anyone else read this? Is it legit?

Haiti to become American Territory 1, DECEMBER, 2009
www.goarticles.com...

link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Exactly efforts are underway, but the safety of the aid personnel is priority, like you said the US and UN knows that the country can fall into anarchy very fast.

I wonder how easily assessable weapons are now to the regular population with the chaos.

Many of the prisons are destroyed and the inmates are now running in the streets.

link   
@RAMhaiti

# I see bodies in the street..I see bodies buried in rubble..there are going to be food, medical supply and water issues.. decomposing bodies less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've been posting some videos in my YT channel, about HAARP... I've seen large "antenna farms" and huge EM pulse towers in Europe (Russia and Norway) and North-America (Alaska) and according to researchers some very known nations are playing with massive experiments of weather control and supposedly these pulses have the power to provoke earthquakes.... I've been reading some reports of Haitians survivors and they say after the 7.0 quake, started a sequence of minor quakes in exact cycles of 5 minutes... Does it looks like some natural event?? I'm afraid to say that, but u know guys... Haiti is the poorest nation of American continent... Honestly I don't doubt that the NWO shadow government is behind these experiments that possibly are being used to depopulate certain areas and also to make ethnic wipe. Sad times...

People use Google Earth to chheck out these coordinates where are settled very large HAARP "antenna farms":

EISCAT/HAARP facility, near of Tromso, Norway
69°40'58''N, 18°56'34''E

HAARP/Tesla tower farm, Istra, Russia
55°55'26.15''N, 36°49'10.97''E

HAARP farcility, Alaska - Wrangell Mountains, USA.
62°23'29.66''N, 145°08'58.47''W

[edit on 13-1-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
JorgePontual - 6:27 p.m.
RT @BreakingNews: 100 Catholic priests, seminarians on retreat in Port-au-Prince killed in Haiti quake - Catholic News Service bi... ...

nsis88 - 6:27 p.m.
Will Port au Prince remain Haiti's capital city while it rebuilds? (the govt has to start functioning immediately).

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join