It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - HAITI REGION

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That will pollute the already dirty water surrounding Haiti. Most citizens were drinking sea water because their own was potentially lethal.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
# RT @skoalvikings: @RAMhaiti heard that The Hope Hospital in Delmas is up and running. half a minute ago from web

# RT @AnaStenger: @InternetHaiti @RAMhaiti around midnight a dutch flight will arrive with a search & rescue group from the red cross incl ... less than a minute ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
BBC 1959 GMT

The earthquake has brought devastation to other parts of Haiti besides Port-au-Prince. Guido Cornale, a Unicef representative in the southern city of Jacmel, says a lot of buildings that have collapsed completely or partially. "We are still assessing the damage but we estimate that about 20% of Jacmel, if not more... has been destroyed" he says, adding that city has a population of 50,000.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

No all the hospitals have collapsed is just that the ones that still were intact the personnel abandon them to search for family members after the earthquake.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
unfoundation

Other #UN offices are also damaged; 10 ppl missing from UNDP compound that houses UNFPA, UNAIDS, UNIFEM, WFP, OCHA and UNEP. #haiti 7 minutes ago from TweetDeck

For American members:

BurgessCT - 8:05 p.m.
Embassy of the United States Port Au Prince Haiti - ow.ly... #Haiti #US -- For inquiries re US Citz in Haiti 1-888-407-4747

[edit on 13-1-2010 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
daanbrg - 8:07 p.m.
Phone services seem to be restored in downtown Port-Au-Prince - CNN is utilizing "phones". (Broadcasting live at ustre.am...)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio that the death toll could be as high as 500,000. Sad, sad, truly sad

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
More news, US warships heading to Haiti, no clear is this are the same ships that were diverted earlier to Haiti or if is new warships added to the first wave of ships.

But it seems that this ones are actually just leaving from US coasts, Norfolk.

So now the news also are pointing to the role of the US to help restore the government that is now in chaos.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It will be a puppet government for a few months - even years. Going to need significant infrastructure programs and massive restoration of social order. Haitians will be extremely traumatised.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

INDUCED EARTHQUAKE IN HAITI

This may have been posted above, but the thread being inordinately long and not wanting to delay the conveyance of this information, here is what I have learned.

US sources advised the Editor at about 1:15 am UK time on Wednesday 13th January 2010 that it was rather more likely that if this was an induced ‘earthquake incident’, its purpose would have been to PREVENT the stealing and diversion of the Settlement transfers to corrupt recipient central banks and institutions in Latin America (and Africa, such as the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe). In other words, the ‘incident’ was aimed at ensuring that the monies were not stolen and diverted while in transit through Haiti (which is what has been happening, and why this god-forsaken location was set up for the purpose).

This is an excerpt of an ongoing report concerning INTERPOL in the USA putting an end to OPERATION STILLPOINT which aimed to destroy the US Economy.

STINKING C.I.A. CAULDRON EXPLODES IN THEIR FACES

Prepare yourself for some real world current events which may seem incredible, but are backed up by considerable intelligence gathering. The prior three reports give important background information regarding efforts to put an end to the corrupt Secret Government in the USA.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
shannonodell - 8:13 p.m.
Praying for Presby Church Lawerenceville & Shiloh Baptist of Trenton (NJ) has a mission team in Port au Prince...arrived just before quake.

Gen Fraser, U.S. Southern Command: USS Carl Vinson expected in a few days off coast of #Haiti (timing & logistics being worked) about 2 hours ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
reply to post by whoshotJR

Star i never do this but i get the same feeling wasnt even any thought into it that the california quake and this one leading to another even bigger quake. I dunno is it a stretch to think this? god i hate bein this guy mr. speculation
but thats my two and a half cents im with ya

It's not a stretch -
but - It might be time for us to practice visualizing
what we want to see happen
-in that perhaps our thoughts can shape the future -

I might add that this statement is coming from me,
a serious researcher and someone who has worked with
countless scientific types for many years -

I think we need to see the planet at peace - in every way.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I guess it will be a shadow government to make sure that the sitting president survive the chaos, after all he is still alive and well.

Probably hiding somewhere until he get the US to provide protection.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think that the main role to help rebuilding Haiti will be on U.N. and Brazil's hands. Brazil because they're leading the U.N. team there for about 6 years now, and this job continues, even after this huge disaster.

But, of course, the U.S. help will be of a big importance there.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I'll be surprised if he was still in Haiti.

I'm taking a break from this thread for a while. Check for updates here and my twitter for updates.

One needs to somehow understand and comprehend this mass loss of life.

*sighs*

vladkgb

Survivors and rescuers are in danger after the #Port-au-Prince, #Haiti High concentrations of asbestos are in the air! http://(link tracking not allowed)/8bD9H3

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
pLease, if you have just 5$ to spair text YELE to 501501 for wyclef jean's yele organization to help the victims

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
DPixel - 8:47 p.m.
RT @johnleesandiego St. Vincent's School for the Handicapped in Port-au-Prince, residential school & only one of kind in Haiti, destroyed

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Dputamadre Video: Bodies litter Haitian streets http://(link tracking not allowed)/6plLFs ~ Via @andersoncooper #Haiti half a minute ago from TweetDeck

OnyxWolf - 8:48 p.m.
RT @cnnbrk: "Port-au-Prince is flattened ... more than 100,000 are dead," says Haitian consul general to U.N. http://(link tracking not allowed)/82whW7

bostongringo - 8:48 p.m.
RT @vladkgb: Serious asbestos dangers in #Port-au-Prince, #Haiti read about it http://(link tracking not allowed)/8bD9H3

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
2050 Haiti's President, Rene Preval, tells CNN he has heard that between 30,000 and 50,000 people were killed by the earthquake. He did not say where the estimates had come from.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Thanks Infinite for keeping us updated!!

Did we already cover this??

Survivors pulled from UN headquarters in Haiti

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join