It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - HAITI REGION

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
nevermind!
2nd line

[edit on 13-1-2010 by cjcord]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
# RT @BreakingNews: Cmdr. of U.S. Coast Guard cutter reports heavy damage to Port-au-Prince port; 4 badly injured U.S. Embassy workers evacuated ... 1 minute ago from TweetDeck

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
A big thank you to those of you who are keeping this thread updated -
for those of us who aren't.

Greatly appreciated.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Thanks, I can only imagine how much power a nuclear sub will have, I saw in the news the interview of the team of engineers that will be dealing with water and energy problems.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
@RAMhaiti

# RT @Haitifeed: RT @yatalley: the road from Port-au-prince to jacmel is cut and there's no way to pass...even on a rhino or a motorcycle. 3 minutes ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Again thank you everyone. I'm out for a bit, but will be back later to check up on what may have happened. Crossing fingers it's some good news.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Aids now been landing also in the Dominican Republic to help with moving aid to Haiti.

The Dominican Republic has been guarding the borders to avoid an exodus from Haiti.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
@RAMhaiti

# RT @georgiap: Hôpital Sacré Coeur south of Cap Haitien said to be open and providing medical assistance to injured http://(link tracking not allowed)/8eGJO9 ... half a minute ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

That really gets to me too. It was the same around here on 9-11. Business as usual -- gotta make those $$- screw the rest of the world. Damn it I'm so frustrated, angry and sad. Plus, I just found out that one of my patients, a 34 yr old police officer with a wife of ten years and a 2 yr old has been killed in a fiery crash just a few streets over. Man what an awful year so far.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What has me most worried is I just have a feeling we will see a larger earthquake hit and now we will have all this hardware and even more people who can be hurt also.

I can't explain it but I have a horrible feeling we have not seen the worse and this ties in with the CA quake.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
CelottoCellini - 7:45 p.m.
RT @AmeriCares: Help Haiti! Staff and Aid bound for Port-au-Prince. AmeriCares pledged $5 million in relief for the Haitian people http: ...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Latest news, Thousands of US troops may be heading to Haiti to help restore order and keep the aid helpers safe.

Well I was just waiting when this was to become official.

I guess this will be a afford that will include many other nations also under the UN command.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
InternetHaiti - 7:47 p.m.
RT @LadyDior47: 3 ppl are stuck under the house at 10 rue marcadieu bourdon. port-au-prince haiti, Ingrid Jaar & mom & sister #Haiti

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It is likely the United States will have to take over the UN peacekeeping role. The destruction and death at UN HQ has dismantled the law and order. Haiti has no army (if I recall)

In logistic terms, much easier for the United States to provide security than a pan-Latin American force - take a few weeks to formulate.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
What has me most worried is I just have a feeling we will see a larger earthquake hit and now we will have all this hardware and even more people who can be hurt also.

I can't explain it but I have a horrible feeling we have not seen the worse and this ties in with the CA quake.

I have the same feeling.
But I'm trying desperately to visualize the opposite.
Join me please.
We need all of the good vibrations we can get.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
CaptainRande - 7:52 p.m.
RT @uscgd13: RT @BreakingNews: Cmdr. of U.S. Coast Guard cutter reports heavy damage 2 Port-au-Prince port

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Star i never do this but i get the same feeling wasnt even any thought into it that the california quake and this one leading to another even bigger quake. I dunno is it a stretch to think this? god i hate bein this guy mr. speculation
but thats my two and a half cents im with ya

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thanks for that info, I guess that is why now is going to be a much bigger role of Military from the US taking over Haiti safety sooner.

Also, now C 130s are arriving in the Haiti Airport, The military has to restore the communication towers in the Airport before more aid can arrive from oversea.

It seems that more Americans has gone missing as more information of groups working in Haiti from private organizations are coming forward trying to get communication with the missing.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Also is reports of oil spills in the port also, seen from the Helicopters that were accessing the damage.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
cafefenix - 7:57 p.m.
RT @rodrigobno Colegio Salesiano San Juan Bosco in Port-au-Prince destroyed. More than 200 children under the rubble, according to TVE.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join