It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace yourself ATS for the truth about Iraq (EXPOSED!)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by johnny2127

I guess your right. I have seen some improvements here in Iraq compared to all those years ago and its time to make changes happen. As far as the Iraqi pics, I guess I can just chill on those and instead show people just how poor these people are living and could use some serious help. Thanks for helping me with my atonement.

Your welcome. Thank you for being level headed and thinking critically and logically. You are trying to accomplish something good, and I can understand how if feels when you are right in the middle of everything and it feels stagnant. Sometimes its that step backwards that gives you the needed perspective. You can be both proud of the work many are doing in Iraq, but also be critical of the mistakes some have made. Hopefully democracy will take hold, freedom will flourish, and these times will be seen as the labor pains and birth of new, free Iraq. Thanks for your service and open mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Indeed. Im thinking of making a new thread but this time it will be to help the people of Iraq with stuff they hardly have like shoes and stuff. Im gonna make a difference for all the bad things I did in the past. Time to make more changes.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Indeed. Im thinking of making a new thread but this time it will be to help the people of Iraq with stuff they hardly have like shoes and stuff. Im gonna make a difference for all the bad things I did in the past. Time to make more changes.

That would be great! I would donate. Let me know if you need any help.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Exactly how do you expect to bring piece to the world? You need to speak wtih congress, after all every single person in congress except for 1, voted to go into Iraq. Tell them what you "think."

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
One question....

So, all the bad in the middle east is due to people wanting control over oil right? Okay, but pretty soon oil will basically be obsolete. Cars are moving towards electric, heating house etc. is moving towards different "green" ways. So, all this is over oil, yet in the next what 20-40 years oil won't even be used like it is now.

And, eventhough your pictures showed oil fields burning and a picutre of money that doesn't prove anything that you are claiming. I have seen pictures like these a lot of times so what exactly do these pictures show that others haven't. NOTHING........

You just posted a couple of pictures and injected your opinion.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by Wang Tang

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be7340ec8ee9.jpg[/atsimg]

Exchange Rate Iraqi Dinar

If you convert 1.00 US Dollar into Iraqi Dinar you'll end up with a total of 1,169.00 Iraqi Dinar's

www.iraqidinar.org...

Alright so what have we got on this table than, about twenty seven dollars?

[edit on 12-1-2010 by jackflap]

Explanation: THANK YOU! For so clearly showing your myopia!

Can you NOT SEE that the notes pictured have a FREAKING 25,000 denominational currency value PRINTED on them?

This would make just 1 of those notes worth MORE THAN $20.00 USD!

Now lets assume each stack of notes is 1000 x [1 x 25,000 dinar note], then each of the pictured stacks would be worth $20,000.00 USD
and the 6 stacks in total would be worth about $120,000.00 USD, which shows your $27.00 USD guesstimate was out by a factor of 4000x's. :shk:

Personal Disclosure:
With that kind of accuracy, if you were a ballistic missile with a usual error of probable of 1km, then you would have missed the target by a distance that is further the whole continental width of Australia!
EPIC FAIL!

P.S. Its not Monopoly(tm) money!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Really??? You people are really something, a pic of an oil fire , a pile of iraqi dinars and someone claiming to be a soldier who says these pics are "proof" of corruption and greed and you people are gobbling it up. Cmon, hilarious.

These "revealing, mind blowing pics" probably came off a facebook page or something. If I am wrong and the OP is really a soldier, I apologize as I fully support and appreciate your service but this is proof of nothing.

Was oil ONE of the motivations for going into irag, of course, but not so the "greedy" U.S. oil companies could steal the oil, it was more for geopolitical stability to keep oil flowing out of the middle east.

www.reuters.com...

Show me pics of U.S. soldiers protecting exxon tanker convoys and TRUCKS full of cash, not just the monthly payroll for the local police force and then I wll start "believing" it was all to steal the oil.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]

[edit on 14-1-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Please read the ATS T&C before doing so:

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not use the discussion boards, the chat system or the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to solicit members of The Above Network, LLC on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with The Above Network, LLC. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks for the warning mod. I guess ill just have to do things myself. Ill make you proud of me ATS even if its not by much.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

That was gangsta OL
. To tell you the truth, there is even more money on the other side of that stack that didn't get shown. You just showed that guy the error of his ways on Iraqi currency, in other words OWNED!!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You are so very Right about the U.S.A.s dependance on Foreign Oil and Petroleum.
Here is the most recient monthly data I could find on what the U.S.A. imports on a daily basis.

We would be in deep *#@^ if they all decided to stop export of our lifeline.

www.eia.doe.gov...

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

October 2009 Import Highlights: December 30, 2009
Monthly data on the origins of crude oil imports in October 2009 has been released and it shows that two countries exported more than 1.00 million barrels per day to the United States (see table below). The top five exporting countries accounted for 65 percent of United States crude oil imports in October while the top ten sources accounted for approximately 85 percent of all U.S. crude oil imports. The top five sources of US crude oil imports for October were Canada (1.858 million barrels per day), Mexico (1.015 million barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (0.938 million barrels per day), Venezuela (0.879 million barrels per day), and Nigeria (0.853 million barrels per day). The rest of the top ten sources, in order, were Iraq (0.499 million barrels per day), Angola (0.437) million barrels per day), Algeria (0.327 million barrels per day), Colombia (0.282 million barrels per day), and Ecuador (0.174 million barrels per day). Total crude oil imports averaged 8.566 million barrels per day in October, which is a decrease of (0.657) million barrels per day from September 2009.

Canada remained the largest exporter of total petroleum in October, exporting 2.360 million barrels per day to the United States, which is an increase from last month (2.356 thousand barrels per day). The second largest exporter of total petroleum was Mexico with 1.136 million barrels per day.
Crude Oil Imports (Top 15 Countries)
(Thousand Barrels per Day)
Country Oct-09 Sep-09 YTD 2009 Oct-08 YTD 2008

CANADA 1,858 1,938 1,922 2,057 1,941
MEXICO 1,015 1,124 1,114 1,256 1,182
SAUDI ARABIA 938 1,031 1,014 1,435 1,516
VENEZUELA 879 1,014 1,000 1,027 1,037
NIGERIA 853 868 728 919 942
IRAQ 499 428 460 577 652
ANGOLA 437 401 471 527 504
ALGERIA 327 419 277 305 313
COLOMBIA 282 285 265 163 183
ECUADOR 174 147 185 194 209
BRAZIL 169 262 309 345 228
RUSSIA 159 163 245 111 119
AZERBAIJAN 134 101 68 125 73
KUWAIT 104 246 178 235 199
CONGO (BRAZZAVILLE) 89 119 57 61 65

Total Imports of Petroleum (Top 15 Countries)
(Thousand Barrels per Day)
Country Oct-09 Sep-09 YTD 2009 Oct-08 YTD 2008

CANADA 2,360 2,356 2,439 2,585 2,477
MEXICO 1,136 1,271 1,252 1,434 1,299
VENEZUELA 955 1,146 1,120 1,162 1,187
SAUDI ARABIA 943 1,045 1,041 1,487 1,537
NIGERIA 869 894 764 963 1,009
IRAQ 499 428 462 577 652
ALGERIA 491 641 491 558 542
ANGOLA 450 414 482 539 514
RUSSIA 385 486 584 394 476
COLOMBIA 292 301 287 200 203
UNITED KINGDOM 266 295 255 386 242
VIRGIN ISLANDS 215 280 282 267 322
ECUADOR 180 153 190 200 216
BRAZIL 174 268 324 354 259
AZERBAIJAN 134 101 68 125 74
Note: The data in the tables above exclude oil imports into the U.S. territories.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Who knows how long we will be in this side of the world but one thing is for sure, we are here to stay until the problem gets solved. With that said, does anyone know how much the contractors get paid? From what I heard, KBR that are AC repairmen get a raw deal on salary.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Who knows how long we will be in this side of the world but one thing is for sure, we are here to stay until the problem gets solved. With that said, does anyone know how much the contractors get paid? From what I heard, KBR that are AC repairmen get a raw deal on salary.

It all depends what type of contractor and where you are in the country. A friend of mine got out of the air force a few years back, and is a contractor for Boeing here in Seattle, and does fairly well

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yeah I guess it depends on what job you have too. One of the KBR guys I talked to that works on ac said he makes around 14$ and hour even in a combat zone and they got to pay more for life insurance then we do.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I really don't understand why people are offended by these images. Are you really so naive that you don't understand that Iraq has only two resources in abundance: sand and oil. Ain't a lot of demand for sand.

Is oil one of the reasons the United States is in Iraq as opposed to several African nations or other parts of the world? Probably. But if oil was the only reason the United States would be interested in an area (like Iraq or Afghanistan), then why are American troops in areas like Korea, Japan, Europe, etc.?

I'm sorry, but the fact of life is oil is part of the United States. Don't agree? Sell your car and buy a horse or just ride a bike for the rest of your life, and stop being a hypocrite. You haven't yet, and I know you won't now. Your demand for oil is what's driving the country's demand for oil.

Believe me, I'm not one of those wild eyed, nutjob environmentalists telling you to give up your SUVs and drive a Prius. That's ridiculous. Drive what you want but don't be surprised when your demand for oil affects national foreign policy. We all know what will happen if gasoline goes up to $10 to $15 a gallon.

Honestly, though, is it so hard to believe that this really IS a critical part of the overall "War on (we can't say Terrorism anymore, because it's not politically correct) Man Caused Disasters"? The grim reality is that there are large groups of people that will kill you simply because you don't believe the way they do or look the way they do. This isn't new in history, and the "shock and appalled" reaction of some of the people in the conspiracy community is simply naive in the extreme.

Who cares if we're over there for the oil or not? Can anyone honestly argue that oil isn't going to be a critical issue to the Iraqi government from here till the next major fuel source? What do we expect the United States to do? Just let it burn (it won't stop burning, FYI). Are you people so naive to not realize what a public relations NIGHTMARE that would be for the United States military personnel in Iraq if we let their nascent country's only marketable resource burn to ash?

Just so you know, bad PR over there means more IEDs and more soldiers coming home in pieces or in body bags. It's time for a reality check. It's called foreign policy. If you really don't like it, I already told you what you can do: stop driving gasoline powered vehicles.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

First of all, I would like to say thank you for your service, no matter what the government pigs are telling you to do. To go over there facing death everyday takes a much stronger man than I and probably many people on this forum.

The facts that you put in front of us, are not new to many of us who have "woken up" from "sheepdom," but many others out there should be more aware of what is happening to our tax dollars and the real reasons behind what is going on in Iraq. I just hope you make it home safe and sound to keep sending the message of peace and fighting against the atrocities that our government is committing over there.

Thank you for standing up for what is right, and for revealing these heinous acts to the public. It is people like you that are keeping the hope alive for a world where we don't have to worry about Big Brother watching over our shoulders.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by diskpanic

And where do you suppose those electric or solar powered cars are now? The world is not ready to give up oil and neither is the oil industry for that oil is their lifeline. The oil industry would be pissed off if they saw 1/3 of the worlds population driving green, so they try to milk as much cash from us as possible so when they come to hard times(whenever thats gonna be) they can just take a vacation and chill to the next episode.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Thanks truthseeker. To tell you the truth, I feel like my time in this world is coming to an end. Whether it be getting blown in Iraq or shot in the streets fo California. I have seen much suffering through out my life and I know what its like to have nothing for you in the future. So in preparation I seek peace with others, even to those that think of me as their enemy. I want to show people that they dont always have to live a life of crime like I use to and that we can all just get along after all. Learn from your mistakes even if its the hard way.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The truth, my friend, is never an act done in vain. The US invasion of Iraq never was about liberating or protecting the nationales. It wasn't even about quelling terrorists.

There is money to be made and slave labor to be had. Just wait til they get their first Walmart and BP gas station with a McDonalds. They will eventually understand that resistance to US big business is futile.

Have you noticed if anyone is handing out free unlimited WiFi laptops and free unlimited texting cell phones yet? That's what I would do if I wanted to take over the country.

I guess the guns and bombs are necessary to destroy everything so big business can come in to save the day. It is not working very well because the US is up against an idea. Ideas cannot be destroyed by guns and bombs, especially if the idea is thought to be worth dying for. Ideas are contagious and can infect alot of people quickly.

Be careful over there.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

All the talk about helping the people, did anyone possibly think of just leaving them alone?

We are materialistic, the US people. Is it the goal to help big business make Iraq a little US consumer state? Give them free stuff and when the stuff runs out, give them jobs to make money to buy more stuff.

We do not see the realities of war. It is not just one war being fought, but many. Wars are ideas supported by brutality to quell other ideas. Power is an idea. Freedom is an idea. Religion is an idea. Peace is an idea.

It is not about stuff. We think these people are lacking because they live simple lives and have simple homes, and simple clothes. Perhaps the best form of help is to just leave them alone to live their simple lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join