It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minker
reply to post by rainfall

Does it really matter?

Does what really matter??

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

the examiner is a blog site broski ... its just someone (not a journalist) making an editorial on what rueters has put out which says nothing about whose troops did what

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This sort of thing is really messed up, highly immoral, and very unjustified (to say the least).

Every time one of my friends is home from the military here in the US, or a friend tells me that they are thinking of joining, I ask them "Do you even know what you're really fighting for?"

Only one person I've talked too, and it was recent, had seen that video with the soldier talking about the injustice and how the troops aren't doing anything but more harm over in Iraq and such.

Everyone else I talk too really has no idea what they are doing, why they are doing it, or anything what so ever when it comes to their jobs in the military.

I'm not saying every person in the military is horrible and what not, but a lot of people are not stupid, although the average person in the military can't be too smart (I'm basing this off of the people I know personally, not any sort of statistic) because they all are doing it 'just to do it.'

We need a truth campaign about the war, a big one at that. Something we can show the troops and have it filled with facts about how they are fighting not only a losing war, but one that is giving more and more money to those we hate so much.

Obama will not stop this war, it is up to the citizens, and guess what? They are all mostly not willing to get off their a$$ and do something about this type of horrific stuff.

Sucks. But it's life. I would fight against anyone doing this type of thing, although violence just brings violence, but maybe ending the violent types would make the world a better place, but who the hell can find them and kill them all? I sure as hell can't.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmaidslave
first off, i don't know of anyone in the military that would take a child out, handcuff them and gun them down. We don't do that, ever.

thats why blackwater exists.
you think private jimmy boy jojohn is going to be trusted with moves like this one?

stocking vending machines on s s tax dollar drain, now thats more like it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

I don't care who is giving the info, I bet you someone who is typing this stuff in a blog has more inside information that they are willing to share then the MSM is willing to report.

I'd take a first hand/second hand account before I'd listen to the MSM, screw 'em. They lie, maybe everyone does, but I think first/second hand accounts have more truth these days in them then anything the MSM has to report.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

so you trust a blogger who wasnt there more than a rueters article that quotes the official afghani standpoint at the moment?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
They only way I can explain this is that Blackwater must have been told to create an incident to get the Afghan's riled up to give more opposition to our presence there so that we would be forced to commit more troops. That is probably why it all came out, otherwise we would never have heard about it. Can anybody still pretend that we have a reason to be in Afghanistan? Can anyone pretend that our government has not lost it's legitimacy?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
I haven't gone all the way through the thread. Forgive me if someone else has posted this particular article already

www.examiner.com... en-US-refuses

Afghan govt. demands arrest of US "death squad" who handcuffed, executed 8 children. US refuses
January 7, 11:02 AMLA County Nonpartisan ExaminerCarl Herman

Kai Eide, UN Representative to Afghanistan confirmed the Afghan government’s investigative conclusions that US troops handcuffed and then executed eight students enrolled in grades 6 through 10 in a night raid on December 27, 2009. The US military and NATO responded the troops involved were non-official. The most likely source of para-military “non-official” troops in Afghanistan is Blackwater/Xe.

m khan,

I tried to add that link in the OP but it does not work...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by highlyoriginal

so you trust a blogger who wasnt there more than a rueters article that quotes the official afghani standpoint at the moment?

lol.

"zombie must trust programming, reuters is truth, must obey, must obey..........."

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

why link a blog site?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

so your saying , let me follow this, that some guy who read the rueters article and added some flare is more factual than the original article?

and that even when the official afghani standpoint at the moment is that they dont know who did it .... that some bum writing an editorial knows better than the ones investigating?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Well, feel free to actually contribute to the thread, instead of trolling.

You know, add a little. I love to hear your take on all this.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If its true these "soldiers" are the lowest form of life on earth and this would explain why they are working for the second lowest form of life.

IF its true no other situation or actions of free will exemplified by these misled deluded idiotic mindless unthinking scum, could ever make me feel as mad as i do now.

ive just gone up a ratchet in disbelief, i no longer have a single shred of respect or deference to the muppets who are making the calls as to wether or not they impact our lives.

Raise your upturned fist extend middle finger.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Bare in mind that I post this for comparison purposes only and not an indictment of any American fighting man or woman.
I had already returned from the Nam and had a pretty good idea of what was going on.
These things are beyond the comprehension of most folks and even most military folks.
What I would ask of you is--- to mentally do a tour or two in the boots of a G.I.many just kids them selves before you condemn them. And for gods sake make sure the report is accurate.
Condemn their Congress and their Senate and the taxpayers that send them to these god forsaken places in no win situations where their minds and bodies are taxed to mental breakdown and often suicide.
Remember it was the college kids that brought my brothers home from Viet Nam.
Kent State ring a bell? Young Americans had more moxy back then I guess. Peaceful protests in the streets is the only way. You have all seen that your votes don't count.

www.encyclopedia.com...
My Lai Incident

Dictionary of American History | 2003 | Demma, Vincent H. | COPYRIGHT 2003 The Gale Group Inc. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. (Hide copyright information) Copyright
Ads by Google
Vietnam Photo Gallery
View the Best Images from Vietnam! Free Photos, Screensavers & More.
www.Away.com

Vietnam Military Records?
Lookup Vietnam Military Records On Anyone In The United States!
Vietnam.GovMilitaryRegistry.com

Vietnam Veteran Shirt
The Vietnam Veteran will never apologize for his service.
www.rangerup.com

MY LAI INCIDENT
MY LAI INCIDENT. On 16 March 1968, U.S. Army soldiers of Company C, First Battalion, Twentieth Infantry of the Eleventh Infantry Brigade, Twenty-third (Americal) Infantry Division, while searching for a Viet-cong force at My Lai hamlet in Son My Village, Quang Ngai Province, South Vietnam, massacred two hundred to five hundred South Vietnamese civilians. Following revelations of the atrocity a year later, an army investigation headed by Lieutenant General William R. Peers implicated thirty soldiers in the commission and cover-up of the incident. Fourteen soldiers were charged with war crimes. All had their charges dismissed or were acquitted by courts-martial except First Lieutenant William L. Calley Jr., a Company C platoon leader, who was convicted of murdering twenty-two civilians and sentenced in March 1971 to life imprisonment. The public viewed Calley as a scapegoat, and his sentence was eventually reduced to ten years. After serving forty months of his sentence, all but three months confined to quarters, Calley was paroled by President Richard M. Nixon in November 1974. The My Lai incident increased disillusionment with the army's conduct of the Vietnam War, fueled growing antiwar sentiment, and underscored concerns within the army itself regarding the professionalism and ethics of its officer corps.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

I certainly do. Please watch this video about the MSM before actually posting about which MSM to trust.

I personally believe US troops wouldn't have done this. This seems to be the work of mercenaries, maybe blackwater. Always keep this in mind, a war is fought from every angle possible not just back and forth.

This could easily be a propaganda tool used by either government for who knows what.

Remember, not every soldier is a monster. The suicide rates for soldiers are at an all time high for a reason. The thing you should be more worried about is the commanders and leaders. They are put their because they have withstood these tests and are still standing. They are the real monsters.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus

so your saying , let me follow this, that some guy who read the rueters article and added some flare is more factual than the original article?

if you don't know who owns reuters, then google away.

enjoy the rabbit hole.

if you do know, then refer to this websites motto.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

no if the perpetrators are american I absolutely would believe blackwater was behind it ... but as it stands now no one knows even the Afghani goverment doesnt know

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
One paragraph of anti-US military propaganda is some proof of American atrosity? Just look at the picture and put a little thought behind this.

The soldier on the left is wearing tennis shoes. US Army soldiers do not wear tennis shoes in BDU's. And speaking of BDU's, both those soldiers BDU's do not fit properly. Not only that they are the wrong camo style. That style of camo hasn't been used since I left the army 8 years ago. They now use a new digital style. The photo is a hoax. They are not US soldiers, just propaganda imposters. The rest of the article is irrelevant, obviously biased and not a valid source of information.

For reference, this is what they would be wearing if the photo was even remotely true.

And did none of the military/US bashers even read some of the real news sources?

"There is also evidence to strongly indicate that there were insurgents in the area at the time."
www.google.com...

Interesting, I wonder if they had giant sized 10 your old desert camo BDU's in their possession as well?

"Nato’s International Security Assistance Force said that there was “no direct evidence to substantiate” Mr Wafa’s claims that unarmed civilians were harmed in what it described as a “joint coalition and Afghan security force” operation.

“As the joint assault force entered the village they came under fire from several buildings and in returning fire killed nine individuals,” he said. "
www.timesonline.co.uk...

"NATO has denied its forces were involved, suggesting "non-military Americans" had returned fire in self-defence."
www.google.com...

Here we have several different sources saying it wasn't some slicky ricky killers sneaking away children in the night. But a battle with insurgents. With the 'western troops' returning fire in response to being fired on from multiple buildings.

"By Laura King, Los Angeles Times, December 31, 2009

Reporting from Kabul, Afghanistan - Afghan government investigators asserted Wednesday that foreign troops had killed 10 civilians in a raid this week, including eight students younger than 18. Western military officials called the charge unsubstantiated and urged a joint investigation. . . ."

foreign troops huh? Well if your in Afghanistan that opens up a lot of possible places these "troops" could have come from. But hey, don't let me stop you from hating what you want to hate based on false information and lack of evidence. Guess its now common practice to judge people guilty before even an investigation is done.

The killing of children is terrible. But how about finding out the truth of who did it rather than just heaping blame on the US military.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

LOL like i said you trust some bum WHO READ THE REUTERS ARTICLE and added HIS OWN SPIN more than the original article?

your more trusting than I

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join