It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
[edit on 7-1-2010 by alien]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by rainfall

why link a blog site?

I linked non blog sites too....

Anyway, I like stirring the pot...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Looks like more sensationlizing of the facts before the dust settles.

How Rare?!?!

It doesn't even pass the smell test...with our troops, nor with the archived picture shown with our troops and kids.

Somewhere, in a little cabin, there's a scumbag making this stuff up to incite a reaction....if he'd just take his meds....he'd stop making up stories like this cuz his demons won't bother him while he's medicated....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

Originally posted by Minker

Does it really matter?

Does what really matter??

no it does not.

nothing to see here. move along.
just adults killing adults, not children.

some crazy "blogger-truther-birther-climate-denier-descenting-liberal-leftist-terrorist" skewed these facts.

now move along single file to the left, time for showers.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by vermonster]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

no not at all ... but all your sources say that the official standpoint is that "international troops" are suspected ... they dont even know what nationality they are. so I really cant believe that a website who lets users write for them has any more knowledge of the issue than those investigating

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

And again buddy the Afghani government's investigation does not say US Troops did it, A blogger said US troops did it ....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It is sexy to blow off on this issue.

Proof, a little proof?

If they did it, let's prosecute them. Otherwise, it is not real.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

i dont care who owns reuters ... But you obviously trust a person who read a reuters article and added his own fiction

god its like conversing with a wall

Reuters quoting afghan offical standpoint

or

Some bum in Podunk, Iowa who based his article off of the Reuters article

[edit on 7-1-2010 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
no mention of handcuffs outside of that crazy blog. this is stupid and unfounded. this thread need moved to the hoax area or the title needs changed. i dont agree with our 'wars' but i am not going to find some BS site with a propaganda piece and then link to the original stories that were embellished hoping that people do not look into it. where is the proof that they were handcuffed? what troops did it?

the guy that KArzai sent to 'investigate' this incident is far from a straight shooter

look here

i believe this whole thing will be dis proven.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Are you purpously not reading my posts? The blogger's information that you base your opinion on this issue got his information from the reuters article ... He wasnt there he doesnt know any more than what that article said ...

AND the official standpoint of the afghani president is that "International Forces" are responsible ... not once does it say US troops

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Please post a source that identifies where and when this happened.

I can't find any reference to such an atrocity except for reprints of this article.

I find it hard to believe that this actually happened.

are you kidding me? you do know what kind of folks join the army right? especially the infantry.... people who want to shoot "ragheads". im a vet, i know what im talkin about. no not everyone thats in there is a criminal or a desperate poor person lookin to pop some heads but to say its "hard to believe". youve been living in the basement too long... we massacred vietnamese, iraqis, we firebombed japs, germans and italians during world war II. tens of thousands of woman and children burned to death becasue of our indescriminate bombing of cities... the only country to use the A bomb, thousands insinerated instantly... get over the illusion that "americans" are the good guys please, its makin me sick.

Ok, for the sake of argument let's say these things have happened in the past. Just like the peace loving Germans were the FIRST to use chemical weapons in WWI. Which, by the way of a sick cosmic joke, were invented by a patriotic German Jew. Of course, we all know how the follow on agents were used against the European Jews during WWII. Then, the peace loving Europeans slaughtered millions with the first WMD's. Then the eastern members of the tripartite alliance created and tested more chemical and biological weapons, which they tested on civilians and captured soldiers. The United States showed incredible self restraint by ONLY using the available nuclear weapons upon the enemy, rather than the kilotons of chemical weapons that had been stockpiled for the attack on mainland Japan. Yes, both sides firebombed cities. That's where the people who work in the factories that make weapons for the military happen to live. Few Westerners alive today really know what the phrase "Total War" means in reality. Soldiers are human beings, and they make horrible mistakes. I'm not trying to justify the slaughter of noncombatants. However, no one who is intellectually honest with themselves can tell you that civilians aren't killed during a war. Not when a transposed number can put a GPS guided bomb into a house rather than the insurgent safe house across the street. There is no innocence in war, only death.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Are you purpously not reading my posts? The blogger's information that you base your opinion on this issue got his information from the reuters article ... He wasnt there he doesnt know any more than what that article said ...

AND the official standpoint of the afghani president is that "International Forces" are responsible ... not once does it say US troops

you speak like reuters is a faceless entity that is trustworthy.

don't make me do your homework sonny, tell me who owns your precious magic "reuters"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ....? The blogger that you are placing your trust in got his information from reuters... unless you can prove they are in afghanistan right now?

And im sure that the president of Afghanistan isnt trustworthy enough for you ...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This is NOT justifiable...EVER.

OBAMA...PLEASE END IT.

Oh... Pleeeeaaassseee!

The US has fired more drone attacks in 09 under Obama than all the preceding years under Bush combined.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Is the picture of the children linked to one source?

I am sure these brave soldiers will be given a 6 month sentence or a discharge with full pension and will be cheered as heros as happened when Bush was in office.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by December_Rain]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by December_Rain]

nice pic, got any that show their faces? I mean im not saying our military hasnt done horrible ish in the past but it would be more credible if i can see whether or not their faces are brown. whose to say that isnt a pic of terrorists in gear similar to ours or taken from dead soldiers, stolen,etc. How great would this story be in getting new recruits for al-queda? I dont buy it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ....? The blogger that you are placing your trust in got his information from reuters... unless you can prove they are in afghanistan right now?

And im sure that the president of Afghanistan isnt trustworthy enough for you ...

puppet dictator, not president.

heed jordan maxwells advice once again.

"do your homework"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here is a link to the original LA Times article on December 31st, 2009

Original Article

The article was written by Laura King and there are few interesting points that should be understood.

Afghan government investigators asserted Wednesday that foreign troops had killed 10 civilians in a raid this week, including eight students younger than 18. Western military officials called the charge unsubstantiated and urged a joint investigation.

Coalition forces found a weapons cache in the village that included assault rifles, ammunition and bomb-making material

Insurgents were believed responsible for about 70% of civilian deaths this year, but in the recent past, the proportion of such deaths caused by Western troops has been considerably higher than now.

a close aide to Karzai, suggested that an informant had provided misleading information to Western forces, triggering the strike. Afghan villagers have sometimes tried to settle scores with rival clans or tribes by falsely reporting insurgent activity to the authorities.

There is no mention of US Troops or handcuffs. If one looks at this incident only there is a lot of information that is still unknown.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join