It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

It's not my fault the U.S. Military is apart of the U.S. Corporation and the U.S. soldiers are doing the elites bidding.

The U.S. soldiers don't know any better and it isn't their fault.

I don't like the U.S. Military Industrial complex because they don't fight for the people of our country, they fight for the elite.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The video is real, maybe the (deny ignorance) crowd on here can

watch it and fill you in.

Basically a family of 5 , one 9 months pregnant , gets shot after being thrown

on the ground and covered by a blanket

But the US MILITARY , say sorry

Pathetic

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

No responses because you use one incident to paint the whole military.

What is the population of Afghanistan?

How many civilians are killed?

Who are the ones killing civilians?

How many different military are shooting in Afghanistan?

Maybe you should investigate and see if military is really guilty of killing civilians left and right .

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canslli
I don't know if this article is true or not, but what i can't understand is why some people here are "protecting" the U.S. Army.

Geez, I don't know. How about a BS article spouting misinformation is posted here, and everyone takes it for the gospel? You know, I always thought the mission of ATS was "deny ignorance". Guess they ought to amend that to read, "Deny ignorance, unless it's crap against the US military, then go ahead and post away!!"

You are saying that american soldiers were attacked by insurgents, killed, burned, etc. Of course they were. They are a invading force. The people there are protecting their land and interests.

The "Insurgents get a free pass" excuse. The torture and execution of US troops doesn't mean a thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

thrown on the ground, covered and shot , 9 months pregnant

"are you joking"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

No truer words have ever been posted here. It's amazing how articles tht haven't been proven valid are golden to some people, if it defames the US Military, yet anything that goes against this administration is absolute lies, no matter how true. Being unamerican, to be a key board tuff guy is the only reaason for some of these guys to live. Good post again star for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
WHAT THE HELL!?

OK i need to COME clean on a story a friend of mine who is in the military. I WILL NOT STATE which BRANCH, or HIS NAME, but he told me a story about a firefight he was in while in IRAQ.

The story goes like this.

He killed 7 men, 1 woman, and a child.

Of course i questioned him, was it justified?

He said, if i re-call correctly, that he was ordered to fire on them by his CO because they were being fired at from the direction these people were coming from. these were casualties in a war, an illegal one at that! yes, he regrets what he did, but he had to do what he had to do. he was wounded in the fight, and was kept in isolation for 3 weeks, and i think he got in trouble for telling me this. Article 15 UCMJ is what he got.

but the story in the OP is just incredibly evil.

These are the horrors of war. I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS KIND OF ATROCITY!

END THE WAR, STOP THE KILLING!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I don't know if this article is true or not, but what i can't understand is why some people here are "protecting" the U.S. Army.

You are saying that american soldiers were attacked by insurgents, killed, burned, etc. Of course they were. They are a invading force. The people there are protecting their land and interests.

The same thing that any american would do if some other country invaded the U.S. Think about that.

I don't know how some people don't get that. The majority there are not evil. They are just responding to a violent action.

Anyway, war is horrible. And the worst part of war is that it wouldn't happen if there weren't any soldiers. Because wars are not made by us, they are made by the governments, in order to get more money and power for them. Soldiers are just theirs little puppets, who don't understand that.

Thank you for bringing some sanity into this thread..

I agree with you totally.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I don't know if you got it, but i didn't just blindly believe the article. I'm just not ok with the way you are defending your fellow soldiers, calling everyone with a different opinion stupid and ignorant.

What i'm saying is that, first of all, the U.S. shouldn't be there.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
are we surprised they attack us, this is a blatantly evil act, sorry US, or UK, these men should be tried as war criminals and sentence appropriately. there is never any justification for killing children, or any civilian for that matter, this just sickens me to the stomach, I think how i would feel if this were my children, and yes i would want revenge and i would bloody well go for it as well, SICK SICK SICK !!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

Your right, NO excuse for this kind of act. read my post a few posts above yours. its evil, and they should be sentenced. that was cruel and inhumane!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Is this really anything out of the ordinary, when you consider the May lai massacre in Vietnam, 500 where killed then if my memory serves me correctly, by one US platoon, they went to jail for like 1 year i think. But hey Vietnamese they are not US citizens, so they are not really people are they.

The fact of the mater is, if this is true it's is a barbaric act of terrorism, but then again so is, xbox jockeys controlling unmanned drones that drop bombs on the innocent.

Who is training these people? Here's to generation kill!

[edit on 7-1-2010 by mtok7]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I'd have to call nope on this one............only an article 15? Second hand story, here say at best. But, it does further the cause huh?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The people "defending the military" in this thread aren't. They're just refusing to acknowledge it as a personal reflection of themselves, which is what others in the thread are trying to paint it as.

Everyone wants the troops to come back home. However, in real life, they are still there, due to a government that doesn't listen. The only purpose of threads like these is to bring shame to people living in america, imo. Do people really think that guys are gonna be like "oh kids/families deserve to die"?

Basically, anyone who votes republican or democrat is supporting the war on terrorism. Unless somenoe votes for Ron Paul or his left-wing equivalent you are indirectly responsible for the deaths of babies and probably puppies as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

UCMJ for telling me, not charged for the killings.

I am sharing a story, if you don't believe it, hey its on you. I have no reason to lie.

and the point was, i wouldn't put it passed the military for commiting an act like this.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Show me a legit source that says they were handcuffed? Show me where it was US troops?

Should people responsible be punished? Hell yea.

But to put all this on the US troops based on what the title of the thread says is just crazy. Especially since no investigation has stated what the title claims.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

He only got an article 15 for telling you something that potentially had the ability to feed the left wing propoganda machine, further embarress the US on a large scale, as well as oput fellow soldiers at risk of imprisonment as well as giving idiots like Murtha more ammo. Nope, I'd call false on this one. I'm not saying cover ups don't happen, hell they do everyday, just not in this manner nor for something as terrible as this...........some here would believe this is SOP for every troop in the US armed forces.......sorry not the truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Originally posted by jam321

A preliminary United Nations investigation has found that eight students were among 10 Afghan civilians killed in Kunar province on Sunday.

A statement Thursday by Kai Eide, special UN representative, says the deaths occurred during a raid by Afghan and international military forces in the province's Narang district.

"Based on our initial investigation, eight of those killed were students enrolled in local schools," Eide said.

"There is also evidence to strongly indicate that there were insurgents in the area at the time."

At the same time, Eide said, many details of the incident remained unclear.

More than 2,000 Afghan civilians died between January and October, most at the hands of the insurgency.

www.rawa.org...

Cry foul at the troops killing civilians. Yet, the insurgents get a pass for killing civilians.

It is all about hating the US military. You got no proof US troops were involved, the title of the thread is highly misleading and should be labled a hoax.

About 64 percent of the child victims were killed in 2009 as a result of violent incidents perpetrated by the Taliban militants, who recruited dozens of underage boys as foot soldiers and suicide attackers.

Besides murdering several children on charges of espionage or working for the government and its foreign supporters, the insurgents deprived hundreds of thousands of boys and girls of education.

www.rawa.org...

You are the post I was looking for.

How difficult would it be to have US gear and go zap people? Gets the locals pissed and lowers our moral (or just pisses off our troops for when they meet the "real enemy?).

This should all be put in the hoax file.

The only way I believe our troops would dink a kid would be if the kid was setting up an IED or the kid was armed and about to attack. Either would get the kid the Darwin award.

Kids in VietNam would run into hooches strapped with explosives and have no idea what was going on. Other stories were of kids having GI's put their foot on a shoe shine box and it was rigged.

Kids can kill very easily. Sometimes knowingly, other times not.

This smells of either a flat out lie (It was a UN investigation) or a setup.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by felonius]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join