It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops handcuff, execute 8 Afghan children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The occupied government of Afghanistan and the United Nations have both concluded that U.S.-led troops recently dragged eight sleeping children out of their beds, handcuffed some of them, and shot them all dead.

While this apparently constitutes an everyday act of kindness, far less intriguing than the vicious singeing of his pubic hairs by Captain Underpants, it is at least a variation on the ordinary American technique of murdering men, women, and children by the dozens with unmanned drones.

(read full article here)
www.sott.net...

(more links)
www.davidswanson.org...

www.google.com...

news.yahoo.com...

EDIT: to add frogs link from bottom of page
www.timesonline.co.uk...

--------------------------------------

Great job troops....

Thanks for keeping us safe.......keep up the good work...

EDIT: to add link

[edit on 7-1-2010 by rainfall]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by rainfall]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Man this story is just... wow I don;t know what to think about it. After everything thats happened over their on both sides this just feels really really ugly and terrible. Maybe its because I expect better from our side. I don't know war and never hope to. I am an arm chair critic in every respect but that said I can't imagine what the justifcation for this kind of action would be. I thought the bombing of children was for drones and the suicide vests(ors) not for soldiers with a heart and a brain and a family of their own at home.

This too me is just further proof that we need to end this. Would any of these soldiers have done this prior to going to war? I like to think not. I'd like to believe that the mental torture brought on by a fruitless war is the cause.

Sad news

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Geezus.

END THE DAMN WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT justifiable...EVER.

OBAMA...PLEASE END IT.

+62 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Please post a source that identifies where and when this happened.

I can't find any reference to such an atrocity except for reprints of this article.

I find it hard to believe that this actually happened.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It will show up on MSM as the children "attacked a convoy."

You just know the spin on this is gonna be a 360.

REVENGE

God , I hope it wasn't

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I know.....our troops would never do anything like that....I mean, they are just fighting to keep us free...

try this
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I got no words.

I got no words.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Is the picture of the children linked to one source?

I am sure these brave soldiers will be given a 6 month sentence or a discharge with full pension and will be cheered as heros as happened when Bush was in office.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by December_Rain]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by December_Rain]

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I find it hard to believe that this actually happened.

We have killed women and children....many...with our drones...yet our media ignores it.

Bring the troops home....there will be no end to this war until we leave. I swear to god i can no longer stand the extreme warmongering that is going on at Fox News right now. They are pushing hard.

Our country is in shambles ecomically and we are still trying to push at war THAT HELPED US GET THERE.

Where is the sanity?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Exactly, every search in regards to this article, always end up in the same location. We need confirmation on this before proceeding further.

We cannot do anything with this until there is something backing up the story. No need to be the same as the MSM.

edit to add-alright confirmation given by OP, when will it end? We need to get out now, and only involve our country in our own business.

Of course that is what I have been saying all along, but well ****.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by endisnighe]

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I can't believe that people here on ATS aren't OUTRAGED over this.....

You all just sit back and keep watching 'dancing with the stars' and keep your mouth shut........when the death squads come for us WHO WILL SPEAK UP FOR US!!!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You should read the last article posted.

Bad things happen. You have to also remember that school children are killed by "the insurgents" and specifically targeted.

If it turns out that the worst case scenario here is true, I hope that the people involved enjoy a long stay in military prison. They'll deserve it.

However, you should be equally concerned about this being blown out of context. Propaganda flows in all directions, and the !!!!!!!!! s don't make it less so.

[edit on 2010/1/7 by Aeons]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Exactly, every search in regards to this article, always end up in the same location. We need confirmation on this before proceeding further. We cannot do anything with this until there is something backing up the story. No need to be the same as the MSM.

True...will hold further comment...but we have killed innocents people..including children...regardless if this story is true or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
You should read the last article posted.

Bad things happen. You have to also remember that school children are killed by "the insurgents" and specifically targeted.

If it turns out that the worst case scenario here is true, I hope that the people involved enjoy a long stay in military prison. They'll deserve it.

However, you should be equally concerned about this being blown out of context. Propaganda flows in all directions, and the !!!!!!!!! s don't make it less so.

[edit on 2010/1/7 by Aeons]

You are dreaming these "heroes" will never stay in jail for more than few months. Just follow up previous cases where US Soldiers were found guilty of murder or "war crimes" under International law, most of them are either back on duty, or sitting at home enjoying.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

The article did state that 8 of the people killed were students.

My apologies.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Not like its totally new .

saw this awhile ago

Add this to your OP

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Sean48]

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is what Ron Paul is talking about when he says we're making more terrorists by being there. I know a lot of people on this site that are unclear about that. Don't you see how doing stuff like this, might prompt some poor afghan dude, who has nothing going for him anyways to join a group that organizes attacks against the occupiers homeland? This isn't rocket surgery people.

I think the administration should be honest as to why we're over there, because it can't be to fight terrorists. Or, just leave.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Total Barbara Striesand.

Typical lame stream media bias crap.

Get the story out....get the facts out later.

Did Al-Queda leak this to the press? They have a way of bending the truth hoping an anti-American press outlet picks up on it. It never fails.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here is a quote from the end of the article.

"A statement issued Thursday by the Afghan National Security Directorate said the government investigation showed no Afghan forces were involved and "international forces from an unknown address came to the area and without facing any armed resistance, put 10 youth in two rooms and killed them.

"They conducted this operation on their own without informing any security or local authorities of Afghanistan," the statement said."

It does not say that US troops did this.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join