It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People are STILL Laughing at Creationists (and ID'ers)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

aah good cause i wouldent for that matter either put my faith in grain recipts,

but yes it is a paradox indeed, on one hand you have a circular reasoning with changing data and on the other hand you have circular reasoning without.

quite bi polar

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

no offence but i dont need a book..

what is intelligence

its a self relfection of ones own relaity based on ones own understanding of it and its enviroment

ie / interaction with ones soroundings..

my cat is just as intelligent as me.. for life was the gift and pre cursrer to the act of "interaction"

im humble like i said and was given a chance to tell you that.. now it is up to you to "have faith" in what i say

or just face the cold hard facts i put be for you

god does not care nore does he know you are here.. but if there is a god?

you make him work the very same way the cells in your body make you work yet you have no compation for them

do you?

NO you dont

because its a FUNCTION of what we are in

bask in all your glory knowing you make it work.. yes by all means..

but understand your role and have humiltiy.. in doing so because if you do not..

well.. look out your window my friend.. you can see ignorance

truth hurts i agree but then the best dish served is always cold ; )

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

There is no such thing as reality only perceptions of it .

Problem is everyone has there own perceptions , including your cat .

Please don't take the book recommendation as an insult as it was not intended to be so , it really is a good book .

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Creationist see all that is around them

Because everything around them was created

Atheists must close their eyes to all that is created

As if everything was created around them.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
As for intelligence , seems to me that it has a heck of a lot more to do with a chemical reaction then anything else .

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

ah see now here were you get confused"

a prection is in fact based on reality for to have a prectiption would reqire you to be alive in order to do so..

Now.. if you are ;ALIVE; you can have a preception of a "reality" that seems to fit in with your "prectiption of it"

hence god

now our collective preception of GOD is that

1) he is male ) "he" and also "human in nature"

Now.. the flaw in this is the very mistak" or miss understanding that"

1) god can be just a function of a system we are in

example

cells in my body

or my cat...

Now lets say I am god "and i am" not for you but for my body i am indeed god..

do the body "parts" or that there of question why it is they are doing the job that they are? NO

so? why is it humans ask why it is we are in fact here?

it all comes down to the question its self "and i do not mean that by the very answer on gets" i am talking about the function of "a question" its self..

so you say.. OH god why am i here?

I say why are you asking?

you say but something must have MADE us? and i say YEA i agree..

what is it we both agree ON? "method" is what.. not what god but the method of it..

you see in order to understand life and god.. you need to understand words and the meanings in relation to the giving subject.

God is just a fuction.. yet we give "this function" a name and relate it or "project it" as a person as most people can not come to terms that you are a cog in a clock...

god may tell the time but without you.. there is no clock

you see? so god in all his glory is just the function of interaction of matter

just like elections protons nutrons and what ever elss.. This does not mean we are not special... if anything it means we ARE

and thats what people fail to see... we are so important to the very fabric of time and space

that we are here! .. why? well thats another thread all together

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
ah see now here were you get confused"
a prection is in fact based on reality for to have a prectiption would reqire you to be alive in order to do so..

Now.. if you are ;ALIVE; you can have a preception of a "reality" that seems to fit in with your "prectiption of it"
hence god

You rase some interesting points , as stated earlier but you lose me when you start telling people what they believe ? Or worse yet , drawing conclusions for people ?

To my knowledge I have not mentioned God once ? Yet I have been told , what ? twice now that I have ?

Peoples perceptions are based on chemical reaction that is then interpreted by the persons brain .

There are many different factors that lead a person to believe that there perception is the most correct one , are they right ? Are they wrong ?

If it can't be proven one way or the other why make it a point of trying to prove the unprovable ?

Admittedly , I came into the discussion late but as of yet I have seen nothing but arguments and ideas being offered as evidence and then demanded to be taken as truth , all in the absents of factual based evidence .

Perhaps either side of the debate could offer some supporting evidence ?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Seriously, why aren't the moderation team dealing with the rampant religious ingress into ATS?

There is a hard core of Christian religious nutcases trying to take over ATS, and use it as a religious platform. Get lost! We don't want your insane disease to be spread here. The OP here is doing a stirling job of highlighting what your sick, disgusting and quite frankly evil mind-set creates. Do us all a favour and go air your views on a site that isn't Secular / Logical / Empirical - that way you might find some sycophantic joy in your prattlings.

Parallex.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well said! I stand to applaud you.

I've said all along, to myself at least, that I've always been ok with God, it's with (the vast majority of) his FOLLOWERS that I have a problem.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Maybe it's because they have never heard of this?

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/06/070619164133.htm

Or this?

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070718140829.htm

Or maybe they still think tools are just for primates and their use proves our common ancestor with them? They probably just haven't seen this:

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090525173540.htm

Or this: www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090805144114.htm

Maybe it's because they've been brainwashed to believe that evolution caused us to develop what we needed for each new phase? Then how do you explain this?

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081104180928.htm

Maybe they just are still waiting for evidence and fossils to support evolution. They can be hard to find, unlike artifacts and sites that support Biblical history and anthropology, like these:

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071026210336.htm

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081110174056.htm

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/02/050222113412.htm

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081027174545.htm

Shall I go on?

Anyone not possessing any of this data, from a mainstream science site, mind you, can't be expected to do anything but laugh at people who believe in intelligent design or creation.

I believe in the Bible and I have observed natural selection. So much for close-minded.

Any other questions?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The answers for The Question that become Thread Title is too many people has been Brainwashed by Mainstream Media

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
There is a hard core of Christian religious nutcases trying to take over ATS, and use it as a religious platform. Get lost! We don't want your insane disease to be spread here. The OP here is doing a stirling job of highlighting what your sick, disgusting and quite frankly evil mind-set creates. Do us all a favour and go air your views on a site that isn't Secular / Logical / Empirical - that way you might find some sycophantic joy in your prattlings.

Not spreading hatred & setting an example is a start!

Originally posted by masonicon
The answers for The Question that become Thread Title is too many people has been Brainwashed by Mainstream Media

Most everything on tv is biased in some form or another, its a shame really.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it not possible, that creation was created already aged?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This also could be why people are still laughing. Please note the part where the scientist in the interview says that there is a significant body of work dating back to 1984 disproving the theory about this fossil representing a missing link, and notice the comments at the bottom of the story. Even people involved in science don't defend it, but those who haven't seen this of course can't be up to date, and so continue to believe and defend it.

The scientific community has no shortage of people who feel they must conclude that ID is the most likely scenario for our universe based on the evidence. See for yourself.

Again, not knowing this would make a lot of people laugh, but once they see it, esp. the part about 47 million years, kinda makes you want to see what else has been discovered and known and accepted/concluded by scientists. They have the expertise, after all, and we have come very far in our abilities to observe and measure data. Why would they even mention Intelligent Design?
Because of the evidence they've seen.

Link: www.livescience.com/animals/090520-fossils-reactions.htm

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Copperflower]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I believe we are intelligently designed, do you not?..It doesnt matter if it was a God, a alien, ar a lightning bolt hitting a mud puddle. Either way we are designed perfectly, our bodies, or minds, and our level of thinking, is all perfect, but most importantly the way we love our family, friends, and I like to think each other. Sure there is some flaws in the system, but over all to say we are not intelligently designed would take a fool to think that. W e may never know the truth about it all, maybe the truth will be known when we take our last breath, however, I like to think that our brains record everything we see and hear for a reason, not to be lost to death. The one thing every humanbeing has in common, atheist, believers of a God, agnostic, is we all love someone. Love has got to be the answer when all else fails.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

If dawkins is such an intelligent man, why does he not debate with an intelligent creationist?

He refuses to debate anyone on the other side, unless he can walk all over them. There are people in the creationist movement that are good enough to debate him, but he goes and debates people with no skills what so ever, to hold back his useless arguments like believing in god, is like pink elephant rubbish.

Darwinism is a religion, and dawkins is the al gore of this movement, all rubbish spewed, and just wants to ridicule, anything against him.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
I believe we are intelligently designed, do you not?..It doesnt matter if it was a God, a alien, ar a lightning bolt hitting a mud puddle. Either way we are designed perfectly, our bodies, or minds, and our level of thinking, is all perfect, but most importantly the way we love our family, friends, and I like to think each other. Sure there is some flaws in the system, but over all to say we are not intelligently designed would take a fool to think that. W e may never know the truth about it all, maybe the truth will be known when we take our last breath, however, I like to think that our brains record everything we see and hear for a reason, not to be lost to death. The one thing every humanbeing has in common, atheist, believers of a God, agnostic, is we all love someone. Love has got to be the answer when all else fails.

Percisely!

I've run into people who claim without a shadow of a doubt that we evolved from a primordial soup drinking lemur and those same people believe in ghosts (afterlife) and aliens (extraterrestrials) yet they shoot down anyone who believes in an intelligent designer.

Its a strange world we live in...especially at my mother in laws house, lol

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Creationists, Intelligent Design-ists, Evolutionists, Atheists, Religionists...

everyone is laughing for the same reason
no one knows the absolute truth, yet,
everyone thinks they do!

We are All One

LOVE

[edit on 30-12-2009 by awake1234]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why do atheists spend so much time attacking something they dont believe?

Because we're sick and tired of deluded people assaulting our childrens minds and attempting to control how we live with idiotic unproven supernatural mythology.

At the end of the day if those that choose to believe creationism/intelligent design or that the smurfs give the earth a spin every 24 hours want their children to be taught this. Then bloody well keep them out of public schools and that would be the end of the matter.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by habfan1968

since you enjoy logic, did it ever occur to you that Humans are the only living things able to use logic? Able to communicate verbally? Able to adapt to any surroundings or environment? All other species on the planet are actually subservient to us?

Man is created in His own image and woman is created using the Rib of Adam so really there is an explanation for the God is not a she hypothesis.

Im not a number user lol, but i'll reply.

Umm... other animals can use verbal communication, not as well defined, but still they can. All animals can adapt to the enviroment, hence they are alive!

There below us because, well we evolved better.

And ripping a rib out of a person is convincing enough for you...... screw this, there must be better arguements.

Humans are the only creature that can modulate, there is no other monkey even that can modulate, ie talk trash to eachother..

Cats say Mjau , monkey's scream senseless scream noises etc.
The diffrence between monkey and man is pretty huge, and Evo experts say it isnt a big deal, but it is, I bet you they will Never find the so called missing-link, if they claim so, it is mostlikly fake, as the other so called found missing links.

Check up on a man called Lloyd Pye, he explains this pretty well, and no, he dont use his own 'made up' data, he uses the Illuminati approved 'mainstream 'facts' (Yea, we remember the CRU Mails.facts, HA).

There are several others too,Jason Martell, Andy Lloyd..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My problem with science explanation of how we can to be is the vast amount of holes it leaves. We are all supposed to blindly believe we came from an explosion.

Lets touch on the big bang. Here is a condensed version from wiki -

"The big bang theory suggests we came from a single point of extreme density and that the universe is ever expanding."

Now I wont argue that. Quite frankly I am not qualified to. However, you can read countless documents on the Big Bang Theory without finding an answer to the more important question, WHERE DID THE MATTER COME FROM! One explanation is, it was always there. Digest that for a minute. Thats like me telling you the computer monitor you're reading this on always existed. We know thats not true. We know with certainty the monitor is a product of intelligent design. Now if we can accept that, why is it so difficult to accept that something as complicated as our universe was created by a superior power. To me it just seam so clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join