It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People are STILL Laughing at Creationists (and ID'ers)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
Because we're sick and tired of deluded people assaulting our childrens minds and attempting to control how we live with idiotic unproven supernatural mythology.

So instead, we should live with "idiotic unproven natural mythology?"

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Darwinism is a religion, and dawkins is the al gore of this movement, all rubbish spewed, and just wants to ridicule, anything against him.

Darwins evidence = The Origin Of Species

Creationist evidence = The Bibles

Bit of a no brainer really

Origin of Species Summary = It that we evolved in small increments of a long time.

The Bibles Summary = There is a god or there are gods, who can and cannot be seen. He or they is/are a man and he made us in his their image including women who are also made in their/his image.

He or they live in the sky but sometimes come to earth in the image of men but not as women, sometimes he they wrestle men when they/it is in the man human form.

He or they created our flat planet and suspended in the sky on some pillars with big windows for the rain to get in he/they then then he created a man and a woman later he created a woman again out of part of the men.

He/it/they was/were very pleased with what he/they created, until he wasn't and decide to kill all life on the planet except the bits that did not displease him/them.

Sometime later he/ they decided to give all the people he/they were please with, the minds of sheep .

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It shouldn't take a bible for someone to realise that a creation requires a creator.

edit: I'm open to all posibilities, some have more substance than others.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Solofront]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Humans are the only creature that can modulate, there is no other monkey even that can modulate, ie talk trash to eachother

When I was a drinker, my dog used to call me bastard every time I'd give him my left over curry, so yes dogs can modulate.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solofront

Originally posted by moocowman
Because we're sick and tired of deluded people assaulting our childrens minds and attempting to control how we live with idiotic unproven supernatural mythology.

So instead, we should live with "idiotic unproven natural mythology?"

Live with what you like my friend you and me are not we.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Jaxon, always stirring a mess on here aren't you? lol

This videos were hilarious, however I am still an a proponent of ID, cause the other one..what is it? Ohh "creationism" is just way too arrogant and self loathing for my tastes, but that's just me.

Also I don't really subscribe to the monotheistic idea of God anyway, it's a little too..human for my liking. And usually if something was made up by man it's inherently flawed in all aspects.

As far as I can tell from reading scripture, God is more human that all of us. He's jealous, damning, impatient, vengeful, wrathful, and a slew of other positive things mixed in between.

This is the psyche of a MAN not a god who has infinite power and wisdom. In any case, great thread, you'll get some positive discussion out of this!

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
im a little on both sides of the fence, true its amazing and wonderful how we are all here and breathing, and surviving this world, but i dont think its without help from a celestial being, if you follow the bible you know that currently the world isnt under gods rule, its under the rule of satan, the devil, god always has control, but satan is being let to rule to test humanity and mankind, to prove god wrong, now you will also know that god lets everything happen, doesnt stop it with his hand, but he will, at the time of the end good will win over evil, now, for those who dont believe, yes evolution, adaptation, and a changing world are 100 percent conqurable, we see it all around, the cycle of life living dying evolving, its real, but whos not to say its not hand in hand, god created all, and allows all to evolve and do as they will and let life take its course,really people we should all get along

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

You know that Einstein and Isaac Newton were both believers in God and Christ, respectively, right?!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

It's rather ironic that you chose to post holocaust photos.

That was justified and rationalized by Darwinism.

Do a little research on eugenics.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Religion is good for ya'll.

Believe in it while I go and rule the world and enjoy life by making you suffer in the name of God.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
it may not be safe to say that religion is good for everyone, but it is definantly good to believe in something and have faith and hold strong to it,

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
reply to post by 13579

You know that Einstein and Isaac Newton were both believers in God and Christ, respectively, right?!

Please provide documented evidence that Albert Einstein believed in jesus christ.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
here is some documented evidence to the contrary,
www.godandscience.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

but it is definantly good to believe in something and have faith and hold strong to it,

Why exactly ? Why on earth is it good to believe in something without the requirement of evidence ?

I teach my children the opposite, do you teach your children tech your children to drop critical thinking in favor of unfounded claims ?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i wasnt saying to believe in something that isnt there or that you cant grasp, i was saying have strength in what you know to be true and hold to it

[edit on 30-12-2009 by l neXus l]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Thanks for expressing that and so well. I agree 100%.

Surely we will all ultimately end up on one side or the other of this one issue.

Love
or
hate. One or another will unite us on each side of the line eventually.

Every religion deals with this issue for better or worse. There must be a reason.

Humans aren't stupid, per se. Let's shake off all that mess. That assumption has been fed to us one way or another since...forever.

Even with the natural changes that species are able to develop to adapt to climates, food supplies, etc., it has been proven that Neanderthal man was already "modern" rather than "primitive." The changes were superficial at best, not enough to classify these people as something other than us. They couldn't have been too primitive, if they invented fire, metalwork, agriculture, architecture, tools, clothes, language, I mean, how dumb could they have been to do all those things? They weren't primitive at all, they spoke, thought, and functioned as we do. So where's our progress since then, if evolution is the only truth? Just doesn't hold up.

Those people made art, signs, journeys, etc. They certainly wondered about all the things we are addressing right here in these times. It mattered to them because they could sense the same things we can, observed the same types of weird phenomena, etc. Also, if evolution is the correct theory for creation, why evolve religion at all?! If it was an improvement process, why doesn't religion make us all happy or safe or whatever benefit it merited being developed to produce for us?

Love is one thing no one has to agree to, or really even decide...isn't it? One either possesses it or one does not. One pursues and values it, or one does not.

Any decent empirical search for information would not overlook *any* possible avenue to discover the truth, esp. now that so many of us can reach one another, at the same time. This is truly an incredible opportunity, and not to be wasted. The emotional intelligence of love might provide valuable answers.

As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle put it, to paraphrase Mr. Holmes, when everything else is ruled out, whatever is left, no matter how impossible it seems, must be the answer.

Here's a link on Neanderthals and our current understanding of them: www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/06/070619164133.htm

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Copperflower]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
here is some documented evidence to the contrary,
www.godandscience.org...

So how the hell exactly does Spinozas god equate to jesus christ ?

THE LIES THAT CHRISTIANS INSIST ON PERPETUATING TO OTHER IGNORANT XTIANS EH ???!!!!

The most quoted line from Einstein is, “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” It is this line that is most often used to add weight to arguments that revolve around intelligent design and as an attempt to discredit evolutionary biology.

Einstein also said many other things that are omitted by writers when they try to use Einstein to lend weight to their faith statements. For example, “I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil.” and “I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty.” To use a quote out of context as a means to support a view that runs contrary to the beliefs of the person who provided the quote seems to be a little dishonest.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We laugh at creationists because they're absolutely ignorant. They refuse to look at factual evidence and refuse to agree with science.

Fairy tales are for kids, but these people obviously don't know that.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by habfan1968

Maybe because those who 'believe' this crap, literally, tell people crap like God commands you to kill Gays, or that they commit acts of terrorism like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7406f249debd.jpg[/atsimg]

Or murder like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b1a511fc58c.png[/atsimg]

Or genocide like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a24f7815ed0e.jpg[/atsimg]
or this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5bce39daed5.jpg[/atsimg]

Or encourage and inspire hate like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d70c100de4e1.jpg[/atsimg]

Or that they can be easily coerced into the fringe cults and end up like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f11bdc668e2d.jpg[/atsimg]
or this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3feb30ff3a0.jpg[/atsimg]
or this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb099a758b00.jpg[/atsimg]

Or the sanctioning of child rape in cults like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64d4c2cfb21c.jpg[/atsimg]

This is what happens when one says to hell with logic and proof, to hell with thinking for oneself, to hell with questioning that which they are told...

Do you think that any of these people thought this could happen to them? It all started with blind faith... And really that's all you have to base a literal belief in the Bible on, BLIND FAITH! It does not pass the logic test, it does not have a stitch of real evidence to support it, just BLIND FAITH! So you can continue to think that science is conspiring against you... You can continue to have others do your thinking for you... You can continue to live by BLIND FAITH! But in the end, blind faith just leaves you unable to see the endless possibilities and is a waste of a life...

I have no problem with a true Christian, one who tries to live a 'Christlike' existance. Jesus gave a beautiful example of a way to live in this world, regardless of whether or not he was of Divine origin. But I have NEVER seen, met or heard a single Fundamentalist (of which most Christians are not) who was the slightest bit 'Christlike'. In fact, the line between Fundamentalist and Cultist is a fine one indeed!

If I can make even one person question that which they are told to just believe on faith, despite that fact that it lacks any data to support it, then all the crap I'm taking from you all is worth it...

You do realize that you're commiting a logical fallacy with this ENTIRE post right?? The actions of men can not be used to describe the character of God. This is the same line of arguement that Christopher Hitchens uses in his book God is not Great. This argument falls utterly short and should sway no one. GOD IS NOT DEFINED BY THE ACTIONS OF MAN!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i dont care whether great people of the world have believed in god or not, or what they say, they are still humans , and they are still imperfect, as we all are

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join