It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People are STILL Laughing at Creationists (and ID'ers)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solofront

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Although, there is no doubt throughout various galaxies, there are much more advanced beings than us. Do you think they believe their planet is only a couple thousand years old when really it's more than a couple million?

*cough* "burden of proof" *cough*

There probably is some cult like institution on their planet that believes so.
Just like there is on ours.

Which cult like institution are you referring to?

The one with "no evidence?"
or
The other one with "no evidence?"

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Solofront]

lol CUTE,

Same ole argument different day,

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think I will go create something,

too.

Earth quake alert,

[edit on 013131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

link   
reply to post by Solofront

We as a species has evolved and so has our planet. In fact, evolution overpowers the theory of creationism, but we all know that.

Also, I was referring to the organized religious institutions. Sorry, they're all flawed, corrupt, hypocritical, and completely insane.

Us reasonable human beings will stick with logic, and not fairy tales.

link   
i think both sides of the coin have extremely compelling arguments.
i am on the fence, i lean one way , and i lean another

but i cant help but to think

we live in/on the most beautiful place in the universe in my opinion, (dont spam me about war and global warming and all that jazz) the Earth, Terra is amazing, perfect, the only one we KNOW of that supports conditions completely perfect for life, and it has flourished, any further or closer to the sun and it wouldnt have happned, we wouldnt be here, so to me that inspires some awe and raises some good questions.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by Republican08

No, it wasn't 'out of context' as Panspermia.org, explains;

Richard Dawkins endorses panspermia in a movie about Intelligent Design (ID). Interviewed in dim light by actor Ben Stein, Dawkins says that the intelligent design of life on Earth might be detectable if the designers were highly evolved creatures who spread life through space by panspermia long ago. Wow, we’re pleased by this development in Dawkins' thinking. Of course he adds that the first creatures must have evolved in the strictly darwinian manner. Of course.

if by "Endorsing" you mean "Is open to the possibility of" then sure.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Space can't go on forever as it would need to constantly being created,

Question:

Why? Why does it have to be created by an intelligent design? It seems to me that many (including you) want something there. It gives you some kind of hope.

OK first of all where in my post did I mention the earth being a few thousand years old, I DIDNT, you got that from religion which is not what I am discussing I am discussing intelligent design - try and keep up. As a human I would love for their to be a creator that could fix all my problems but my questioning mind would not allow there to simply be a creator without knowing all about where he came from and the rest of it, so I suggest you stick your one liners that you use on the religious guys up your arse and actually answer my question and take a second to actually visualise what you are talking about..

Space is a vacuum for a vacuum to exist somthing must first be removed and this is matter in the big bang theory, but for space to go on forever you would need an infinite amount of matter, and if you have that matter what is beyond or outside that?

If you want my belief here it is: the reality we see is not actually reality, and everything we are measuring it with is just part of the false reality so we are not actually achieving anything except trying to understand a false reality. I believe this world we see is a fractal and that is why things go on forever and are infinate, because its all part of a "matrix" of a computer program if you will and if the program needs a smaller particle to make up a particle it just uses a mathmatical equation to create it. This is my theory its not going to hold water but its what makes the most sense to me so far and until someone else can come up with a theory they can proove works it will work for me, I dont expect any of you to buy it... but I think it would be wise for you to listen so you can colate a range of theories and form your own instead of just regurgitating others information as facts

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Us reasonable human beings will stick with logic, and not fairy tales.

OH Logic, now that's funny.

Nature of logic

The concept of logical form is central to logic, it being held that the validity of an argument is determined by its logical form, not by its content. Traditional Aristotelian syllogistic logic and modern symbolic logic are examples of formal logics.

* Informal logic is the study of natural language arguments. The study of fallacies is an especially important branch of informal logic. The dialogues of Plato[6] are good examples of informal logic.
* Formal logic is the study of inference with purely formal content. An inference possesses a purely formal content if it can be expressed as a particular application of a wholly abstract rule, that is, a rule that is not about any particular thing or property. The works of Aristotle contain the earliest known formal study of logic. Modern formal logic follows and expands on Aristotle.[7] In many definitions of logic, logical inference and inference with purely formal content are the same. This does not render the notion of informal logic vacuous, because no formal logic captures all of the nuance of natural language.)
* Symbolic logic is the study of symbolic abstractions that capture the formal features of logical inference.[8][9] Symbolic logic is often divided into two branches, propositional logic and predicate logic.
* Mathematical logic is an extension of symbolic logic into other areas, in particular to the study of model theory, proof theory, set theory, and recursion theory.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 013131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

+1 You said it bud
works both ways

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Intelligent design should be part of education, in a philosophy class.
Thats all it is, until they can find a "made in heaven, section 5" stamp on something that gives it a small scientific backing, then its simply a theory...right next to this is all just a dream discussions.

Fun to ponder, perhaps even have a gut feeling of it being the truth, but not anywhere close to being taught as fact.

Philosophy should never be considered fact...simply a outlook independent of the facts...the why behind the how (and the why will always be open for debate) Religion needs to simply accept that science is used to determine the how...not religion.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
We should all tell those creationists that God did not create dinosaurs at the same time as he created men.
The earth is not 6000 years old. Ask a scientist what Carbon dating means.

You Americans have a strange problem with religion. In France it was decided that the Church and the State would be separtated in 1905, and you'll never hear a teacher tell kids that God put men on Earth along with reptiles birds and the rest...
come on, use logic, be a darwinian !

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You're right, logic is funny.

Seems organized religious institutions lack it completely. The institutions consist of stories and mythical tales of mythical figures, such as God.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

the only thing i class as devien mate is me being here able to type on ATS .. i couldnt care less if god was a homo or an alien i mean why should i?

what would be the big deal? who cares?? THATS the PROBLEM>>>

whine and bitch the people so do..

We must have a reason for everything they say"!!! must find out must be controllled must blaha bah

why the heck are people asking in the first place??? i Mean no offence to anyone who reads what im about to say but..

what are you? really? here is my top 5

SOUL
SPIRIT
HUMAN
THE ONE
JESUS

and yet you can not define any of them and why?

no one on this planet right now bothered to ask wtf we are asking FOR...

why? what are we trying to find out? and for what reason?? so we can learn?

learn what? "oh its a lesson" so gods a math teachter now is he? 1+1 and all that jazz

people better wake up... and stop asking stupid questions..

LIFE was the gift and STOP pissing it up the wall trying to figure out who gave you it and why..

its self evident WHY... TO KEEP THE QUESTION GOING.

im stuck on a planet with a bunch of umpa lumpas..

I always like your posts... On the surface I feel like they seem like just rambling, until I read in depth and I find great wisdom.

Why? to keep the question going... that is brilliant. star for you.

-rrr

link   
reply to post by MattMulder

Some reason here in the United States, many individuals rather keep church and state together. When you think about it..they kinda go hand to hand no? Considering both are corrupt and full of BS.

link   
cmon everyone, we all know that the Jehovas witnesses are the ones who will inherit the earth,

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Who defines a word?

And who sets in stone the definition?

Like I said before, you don't, or at least I don't need a bible nor religion to point me to the fact that a creation requires a creator.

To add, to what was mentioned earlier, how is it, someone believes the simple monitor in front of them required a creator, but something as intristic as the known universe doesn't?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Wow! You really said it true, JaxonRoberts, Blind Faith it is, and I think having anything blind is not a good thing. And I also know that instead of just feeling sorry for the Christians/Muslims/Book Followers, some are trying to help them to understand. Even the word "Faith" has no power, nor does "Belief." I have "Ideas," which are based on research and personal experiences, and yes, even books. Those ideas can be readily changed when new information comes forth, the files can merge, as it were. I can also lose ideas, thoughts, theories...when and if new information comes to prove it was wrong. I do not place ultimate faith in any thing, person, tenet, dogma, religious faith, or supernatural being. We were all made, originally, created, that seems to be a fact. but not by who or what we think. We are taught to "Worship" our Gods, and I for one think the original word meant "Work" instead of raising one's hands and falling face down to respect a Being that at the time no doubt was standing right there for them to see. Humans personify their God because there is memory of that God walking among us in a distant past, and these were not Gods at all, but extraterrestrial beings. You have to look from the eyes of the ones who saw these ET Gods, to see what they saw, forgetting all of out modern thought and technology. A bright silver craft comes down from the heavens and sits down before you. A being comes out, all shining with a golden aura, and tells you he is your God, named Xxxxx.
(insert names here) Of course you would believe this to be true, after all, there it is, for anyone to see! And perhaps the being offers to take you to the "heavenly abode" to show you marvellous things.....Well upon returning to home, you would write all of this down, and tell everyone you know about it, and everyone would then know who the God is. This is how mankind fell, people. God is within us all, in each and every one of us, we of humanity are the personification of God. Once we figure this out, Unity will occur, and when that happens, we will be free.
Thanks for listening.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i dont think anyone can deny, that things are happening in the world that we cant stop, therefore its that natural rhythm of life, and things are always being CREATED, the world in itself is EVOLVING

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

We should all tell those creationists that God did not create dinosaurs at the same time as he created men.
The earth is not 6000 years old. Ask a scientist what Carbon dating means.

You Americans have a strange problem with religion. In France it was decided that the Church and the State would be separtated in 1905, and you'll never hear a teacher tell kids that God put men on Earth along with reptiles birds and the rest...
come on, use logic, be a darwinian !

You should learn the difference between someone who believes in a creator and someone who believes in a the god of the bible. I can't belive how many people on this site (of open minded people?) cant differentiate between the 2 and keep coming back to arguments against the bible... Did you ever think maybe there could be a creator that has nothing to do with any religion currently on earth? For any religious people I'm not bagging on the bible or any other faith just simply saying people shouldnt rule out a creator like this tool does just because the bible says its 6000 years old. Carbon dating is the measure of half lifes of radioactive isotopes - we can only base half lifes on the detereration of these isotopes that we observe, and use this to calculate what we believe should be the date when the material has not began to deterierate, we can not rule out that outside forces unknown to us acted as a catalyst in accelerating (or decelerating) the process and because nobody has lived 200 years let alone a thousand or a million that leaves error if you ask me - but hey im not a scientist, just suggesting your bring a little somthing more to the table than your bible bashing, because you are completely missing the point.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think I'll start a thread that says that anyone who believes in evolution MUST be an Atheist.

Can we once and for all get rid of the notion that the validity of an argument depends on the spiritual beliefs of the person putting that argument forth?

One has got nothing whatsoever to do with the other.

I used to believe in Evolution until I started researching it. I wish I could remember the name of the Nobel prize winning scientist who said that if the theory of evolution were evaluated on the same scientific basis as any other scientific theory, it would fail miserably.

How did the first bits of replicating DNA form a complete cell with all of it's chemical processes and outer membrane? Evolutionists say "we don't know'

How did millions of single-celled organisms, suddenly decide to stick together and specialize into skin cells, blood cells, muscle cells, brain cells, liver cells, lung cells, etc.? Evolutionists say "we don't know"

How was the first ape-like female with only 46 chromosomes(which Humans have) able to produce additional 46 chromosome offspring when she was surrounded by 48 chromosome ape-like males? Horses have 48 and donkeys have 46. When you cross a horse and a donkey you get a mule. Mules have 47 chromosomes and are STERILE!!! How could a new branch (Humans) split off from the rest of the ape family, all of whom still have 48 chromosomes? Evolutionists say "WE DON'T KNOW!!!"

So here is a theory that can't answer even the most basic questions of how live supposedly evolved and it's proponents have the nerve to call it a scientific theory. Even Darwin NEVER claimed that humans evolved from apes. He was talking about micro-evolution ie. survival of the fittest. He never proposed that one species could eventually evolve into a completely different species.

One other comment. Just because evolution is supposedly the only scientific theory around, doesn't make it the right theory.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
You should learn the difference between someone who believes in a creator and someone who believes in a the god of the bible. I can't belive how many people on this site (of open minded people?) cant differentiate between the 2 and keep coming back to arguments against the bible... Did you ever think maybe there could be a creator that has nothing to do with any religion currently on earth?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ef8d3f29591.gif[/atsimg]

Well said indeed, and something that needs a lot more study I think. Although, where are you going to get the material to study this is beyond me.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join