It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People are STILL Laughing at Creationists (and ID'ers)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by habfan1968

Without creation there is no science and science has yet to explain creation.

And neither has any religion any more so than for me to state a belief in fairies farting mushrooms that gave birth to humankind.

Science is at least looking for ways to explain origins of the universe as far back in time as our current technology allows & searching for more evidence of the standard model of particle physics. If you were to research the space-based telescopes NASA and ESA are launching in the next few years, we are expecting to answer many unanswered questions about the first half million years of the universe, and so origins of the universe. Do you expect similar discoveries to how exactly life first began on Earth to be answered overnight?

What work is religion doing to answer such questions? Nothing, as they've made up the answers and don't care whether they're right or wrong! Some religions still think the Earth is only exactly 6000 years old for christ's sake! Those people could have added some +/- error in that value to at least try and pretend that they are using some scientific method to determine their value. Never mind the constant flat out denial of all of the evidence of evolution.

Science is looking for the answer to an age old question that creationism has already answered, hey, if science produces an viable answer I am all ears but, in over 200 years of questioning we have not been able to answer the question other than, creationism.

link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

'Watchmaker' analogy

Please explain. It probably does pertain.

Not a chance in that mythical place called Hell!

link   
Why do atheists spend so much time attacking something they dont believe?

I can see how it might be possible for someone to look around on earth and say there is

no God, I fail to conceive how anyone could look up into the heavens and
make the same claim.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Remember that old saying about what happens when you ASS-U-ME??? Well, in this case, it's just U!

I'm not an atheist... Far from it! Just far more Spiritually evolved! It comes from continuously seeking answers, even after you already think you have them...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by Max_TO

So if one believes that intelligent design is a possibility

Yet let me poin out "believes"

you equate intelligent design with a BEING.. yet it is not is it?

I can show you proof that it is not.. HUMANS.. yet i can show you the function of life

does not mean it is "INTELLIGENT" it just means you have nothing to equate the reason for it other than your own "intelliegnce"

that i find mind bending considering the state of the planet...

What ? You got all that from my post ? Gee you give me too much credit I am faltered .

All I know is that if a persons personal beliefs MAKE YOU TYPE IN CAPS then you need to lighten up .

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Read it again and again and again..

it will come to you in time.. i promiss..

God: BIG BANNNG
God: shall i make life
God: CREATED

big bang and created are the same thing.. its a start point for a question..

Why are we here? for what reason? because god is having a fun time and we are some how special?

So if that was the case why make dinosours? why make cats? why make trees?

or is it that we as beings "living beings" including all life are in a system so big half the cretins on this planet equate a being with a function and can not accpet the fact WE ARE

if you was to understand or grasp the very reason for all this we know then you would be come god him self

and for one i do not know but i can tell you how it works.. and my friend is because i have humility

I will die yes and i shall be no more.. but i had a role to play as i efected every single person and shall do untill my death

you see? the point of life is being here just like matter and engery

you may not understand life the way i do my friend but i shall tell you this

be humble be greatfull because you may have been a rock

your lucky enough to witness creation as you are creating it, and aware of it..

now if you wish to skool me on any other matter "pardon the pun" feel free..

im only human.. or am i?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I'm not an atheist

Ah another self made self serving religion then. Same thing.

Why are we here

With out God you cannot ever know the answer.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Seen the clip before and interesting as it may be, it is the survival instinct and the need of protection which motivates the octopus to use the coconut, not logic. If logic was to be used the octopus would have just left.

sorry... but if you was being SHOT AT or WAS ALONE what would you do logicaly?

PROTECT YOUR SELF FROM HARM

are you dens? or just think some how god made the universe just so your little ego can have a role to play?

i do petty you i do

and if god is real hes telling me to tell you

GET A GRIP

PROTECT YOUR SELF FROM HARM you do realize you have proved my point by using the exact terms I have used in layman, Protect yourself from harm is .......Survival, which is instinct.
If you do not think we have a role to play than I pity you. Think about it for a minute, billions of planets and stars, we are the only logical, communicating beings that we know of? No plan here at all right?

Earth may not be the only planet in the universe that harbors life as we know it but, it is in the galaxy, WTF are the chances of that other than Intelligent Design?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

i use caps to higlight a word not to shout..

if you can not understand words i use caps so they stick OUT

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Why do atheists spend so much time attacking something they dont believe?

I can see how it might be possible for someone to look around on earth and say there is

no God, I fail to conceive how anyone could look up into the heavens and
make the same claim.

Maybe the same way some Christians can look up in the clouds and see "Put your kids in t-shirts that say 'God hates fags' and go ruin a soldiers funeral"

Or maybe the same way a Christian can look in the sky and see the message to kill an abortion doctor.

You know how clouds always look like different things to different people.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

you can not blame the whole because of a few idiots. people are so angry at though's who believe in a God and it makes absolutely no sense to do so. not all people who believe in a God see it the way the bible tells it to be.

you can believe that an intelligent form created life in other ways then the Christian ideals. you can say that the God particle had thought and choice in the matter of creating the universe. that, that particle knew what it was doing and set forth to do so. we are all made up of the original energy that the God particle was made of. we have intelligence, so how do we know that the particle didn't have that intelligence that we have now. in turn, that particle can be worshiped as a god and an intelligent designer.

there is not one man/woman on this earth that knows the truth of our creation. at this moment it is impossible to tell some one that they are wrong in the matter. for all we know, the universe could have been created by a galactic frog pooping on the log of space. no one knows and it is vary conceded to say that you are right and some one els is wrong. people need to leave each other the Funk alone.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
i think Intelligent Design has a LOT of merit. probably more scientific merit than the world being random as llamas.

you can't put believing it's probable the Universe was created by an intelligent force in the same class as believing the world is 6000 years old, and the Devil put T-rex bones there to trick us.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

and thus logical? why would you NOT want to protect your self?

that would be ILOGICAL would it not?

or did i confuse that part??? you seem to confuse survival with how a living organisam in fact works...

logical comes from being ALIVE not some "attribute" to a givin being just because it happens to want to stay alive?

its a bulit in function

thats why computers use LOGICAL ALGARTITHM to COMPUTE CALCUALTIONS

or you gunna tell me your computer has a survial instinct?

LOL please..........

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

do you call your self inteligent?

answer my question..

well do you?

link   
Oh my, another thread like this. Maybe I'm laughing at the person that started this thread? Actually, it's frustrating. The thing is, that no one on planet earth has dis-proven Creation (ID), in its' pure sense. You know, let's just talk just pure creation here.

All I know, it seems quite illogical to think that anything actually started to exist without some sort of creation. Otherwise, it's not going to be there if it weren't first created. Logical thinking would seem to suggest there was some thought involved in this. You know, Henry Ford would have a hard time putting his first car out there, had he not envisioned the idea of it existing first. The car didn't just pop into existence, it was created. It was an idea in someone's mind first. This is just one example of how things are created.

Troy

link   

reply to post by heyo

Well it was actually the designer of humanity I was talking about.

yes so was i his name is god? or allah or heck knows?

if hes so smart why the EFFING HELL is life this way? oh wait i know its a lesson?

piss on my foot and tell me its raining please

thank yaw
It's not about a lesson dude.
It's about freedom of choice. The only way a God could change the way things are, would be by taking away our freedoms, and MAKING things different. Making us different.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

You know how clouds always look like different things to different people.

No please explain?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

With out God you cannot ever know the answer.

Yet you did not ask the question

did you?

So how would you know the answer? i find that statement to be one

pathetic and 2nd thinking you know what god is in fact thinking = hypercit

[edit on 30-12-2009 by 13579]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
PROTECT YOUR SELF FROM HARM you do realize you have proved my point by using the exact terms I have used in layman, Protect yourself from harm is .......Survival, which is instinct.

I protect myself from harm by doing a number of logical things each day like using a seatbelt and watching what I eat. "Protect yourself from harm" does not equal instinct but anyway...

Experiments conducted by a team of scientists have shown that birds are capable of using simple tools to solve puzzles and get to food.

This is "logic"

Meanwhile, researchers at the University of Oxford found that New Caledonian crows can build and use several different tools to reach a treat. These birds have been observed in the wild using tools made from small twigs to pull grubs from hard-to-reach places.

and so is this

Open Sesame Billye, a giant Pacific octopus, has a brain the size of a walnut. But she can solve puzzles she would never encounter in the wild, such as opening a glass jar to remove the fish inside. At right, (1) Billye is offered the jar. (2) She grasps the jar and, in (3) and (4), manipulates it into position and twists. (5) The top is released. Biologist Roland Anderson says he was not surprised that Billye could perform such a complex task. "Back in the '50s," he says, "Jacques Cousteau found that octopuses could open a corked bottle. He would put the cork in the bottle with a little hole in the top, and the octopus would reach inside and remove the cork."
here

Anyway, just saying.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Science is looking for the answer to an age old question that creationism has already answered, hey, if science produces an viable answer I am all ears but, in over 200 years of questioning we have not been able to answer the question other than, creationism.

Please don't make me laugh so much. Has any creationist explained the mechanics of creationism, and how it all came about, apart from their belief that god did it!

Even if any sort of creation by a god were true, then we would have to use science to understand its physical processes because ourselves (a physical product of that) are part of the physical world, and therefore part of science. But the masses of evidence that science has discovered points nowhere near any sort of creationist argument, and your lack of knowledge of any of it reeks of complete ignorance.

A good start would be for you to learn a bit of science, and the real wonders of the universe that do actually exist because understanding what does exist is more enlightening than pretending your own beliefs must exist. But if you prefer to live in ignorance, then by all means pat yourself on the back for making a meaningless guess, as you have to use science to explain that guess if you want to make it meaningful!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join