It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People are STILL Laughing at Creationists (and ID'ers)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
These Videos speak for themselves...

First, the Intelligent Design 'Theory':

Now onward to 'Banana Man' and "The Atheist's Nightmare: The Banana!

Now, discuss....

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I was just in the other thread you started about Noah's Ark and then I dipped into the thread you started and you stated at in your introduction that you were tired of debating this subject with people who don't know the boiling point of water, so what's up? You have an agenda of some sort? Are you being paid to start these threads or something cause they seem to have some commonality to them.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

EXACTLY! Why the fuss?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
I was just in the other thread you started about Noah's Ark and then I dipped into the thread you started and you stated at in your introduction that you were tired of debating this subject with people who don't know the boiling point of water, so what's up? You have an agenda of some sort? Are you being paid to start these threads or something cause they seem to have some commonality to them.

I have been paying JXR 15 rupees per thread, problem solved, discuss the thread, not threader.

I actually just finished watching this, which pretty much elaborately explains the BS, of ID isn't Creationism, if you don't have the time, it tackles it within the first few moments.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure it's up to me to decide what I'd like to know from JX and you can take your snarky attitude and you know what with it.

As far as the topic of the thread goes, do you have a stance or do you need a video to tell you your stance?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wow, so anyone who believes we were MADE, PUT HERE on EARTH, (INCLUDING Panspermia, Richard Dawkins

18 Apr 2008: Richard Dawkins endorses panspermia.
is just S-T-U-P-I-D?
Oh, I guess I'll go now.....

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
never mind Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawkins who has shown himself to be one of the most intelligent people on the planet does not discount creationism.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Wow, so anyone who believes we were MADE, PUT HERE on EARTH, (INCLUDING Panspermia, Richard Dawkins

18 Apr 2008: Richard Dawkins endorses panspermia.
is just S-T-U-P-I-D?
Oh, I guess I'll go now.....

No, No, No.

Richard Dawkins doesn't endorse panspermia, it was taken out of context in Ben Steins god awful movie Expelled, where he cut and over talked into the movie,

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

No, it wasn't 'out of context' as Panspermia.org, explains;

Richard Dawkins endorses panspermia in a movie about Intelligent Design (ID). Interviewed in dim light by actor Ben Stein, Dawkins says that the intelligent design of life on Earth might be detectable if the designers were highly evolved creatures who spread life through space by panspermia long ago. Wow, we’re pleased by this development in Dawkins' thinking. Of course he adds that the first creatures must have evolved in the strictly darwinian manner. Of course.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Maybe because those who 'believe' this crap, literally, tell people crap like God commands you to kill Gays, or that they commit acts of terrorism like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7406f249debd.jpg[/atsimg]

Or murder like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b1a511fc58c.png[/atsimg]

Or genocide like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a24f7815ed0e.jpg[/atsimg]
or this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5bce39daed5.jpg[/atsimg]

Or encourage and inspire hate like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d70c100de4e1.jpg[/atsimg]

Or that they can be easily coerced into the fringe cults and end up like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f11bdc668e2d.jpg[/atsimg]
or this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3feb30ff3a0.jpg[/atsimg]
or this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb099a758b00.jpg[/atsimg]

Or the sanctioning of child rape in cults like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64d4c2cfb21c.jpg[/atsimg]

This is what happens when one says to hell with logic and proof, to hell with thinking for oneself, to hell with questioning that which they are told...

Do you think that any of these people thought this could happen to them? It all started with blind faith... And really that's all you have to base a literal belief in the Bible on, BLIND FAITH! It does not pass the logic test, it does not have a stitch of real evidence to support it, just BLIND FAITH! So you can continue to think that science is conspiring against you... You can continue to have others do your thinking for you... You can continue to live by BLIND FAITH! But in the end, blind faith just leaves you unable to see the endless possibilities and is a waste of a life...

I have no problem with a true Christian, one who tries to live a 'Christlike' existance. Jesus gave a beautiful example of a way to live in this world, regardless of whether or not he was of Divine origin. But I have NEVER seen, met or heard a single Fundamentalist (of which most Christians are not) who was the slightest bit 'Christlike'. In fact, the line between Fundamentalist and Cultist is a fine one indeed!

If I can make even one person question that which they are told to just believe on faith, despite that fact that it lacks any data to support it, then all the crap I'm taking from you all is worth it...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Thank you for the reply. Looking at the picture and considering for a few moments I would like to pose this question to you directly. What is the % of Fundamentalist Christians to Christians?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
JaxsonRoberts said:

Why People are STILL Laughing at Creationists (and ID'ers)

...Because everyone does not evolve at the same time? (think of flat-earther's).

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

To tell you the truth, I don't know. I base my belief that the non-fundamentalists outnumber the fundamentalists due to those I know personally. Most do not think that Genesis is history, but instead stories with deep meaning behind them from an ancient people. Most Christians I know accept evolution with absolutely no conflict whatsoever because they concentrate on the New Testament and leave the Book of the Jewish People (OT) aside. I myself am a very spiritual person (not a follower of an organized religion), and find that science has helped me to define who and what God really is.

One can accept science and not give up a Creator. I myself see a being who created the Big Bang, knowing what the 'Butterfly Effect' would be. Being a Being of infinite power and patience, God could certainly wait ten or twelve billion years for sentient life to appear in the Universe.

There is another problem I have with almost all organized religions, this notion that the Universe was created just for us, and that we were created in His image! Talk about arrogance cubed! And what a waste of real estate! A whole Universe created so a few billion advanced, self-aware apes could inhabit a small dust speck in it! Just my $0.02 on the subject...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by Republican08

No, it wasn't 'out of context' as Panspermia.org, explains;

Richard Dawkins endorses panspermia in a movie about Intelligent Design (ID). Interviewed in dim light by actor Ben Stein, Dawkins says that the intelligent design of life on Earth might be detectable if the designers were highly evolved creatures who spread life through space by panspermia long ago. Wow, we’re pleased by this development in Dawkins' thinking. Of course he adds that the first creatures must have evolved in the strictly darwinian manner. Of course.

He still said that if life was brought upon earth in any other way then evolution that 'the best arguement a person could maybe possibly present' would be panspermia by aliens, but at the same time evolution would problem explain the aliens, he says jokingly.

I've bought Expelled, and watched every video of Dawkins describing the insanity of it, and when P.Z Meyers got kicked out of the first showing by ben stein for no apparent reason, even though he was in the movie, and dawkins himself contested the movie when he watched the first showing by B. Stein.

He doesn't endorse it, that's a stretch.

It's like saying the stork theory is more plausible then a no sperm birth.

It doesn't endorse the stork theory per se, it just ridicules both sides.

1 being that storks don't deliver babies, and 2 that miracle births are even more ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Dueeeed! ok i know its spelt DUDE but i felt like making a point! annnyways..

what an awwweesome post !! LOL people are so DUMB i sware.. i sit on ATS sometimes and i know i shouldnt get into debates with people who just wont listen but i think "just mayyybe" i can show them there are other ways of thinking without being controlled like a puppet with a hand up ya xxx

Great post and S+F

and for the negitive ones..

its open season

www.abovetopsecret.com...

LOL

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

and he also does not discount that hes got no clue

anyone and i do mean ANYONE who thinks they KNOW how we got here is talking out there ARSE

and that my friend is a fact, thats why we have a personal jesus.. because we aint got and EFFING CLUE

BUT! the clue is in the question ; ) check this one out... and see if you get it.

WHY are we here

barabing baraboom "why"

simple is it not? ITS NOT THE ANSWER fellow its the QUESTION!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

AHH my good friend you hit a good point! so i shall help our fellow fundies LOL

There is another problem I have with almost all organized religions, this notion that the Universe was created just for us, and that we were created in His image! Talk about arrogance cubed! And what a waste of real estate! A whole Universe created so a few billion advanced, self-aware apes could inhabit a small dust speck in it! Just my $0.02 on the subject...

you First Part is in fact TRUE so i dont need to debate that not that i would as im on your side here.. BUT i did want to help you with a statement here..

"Universe was created just for us"

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

very true that !

or is it? lol just kiddin

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

My personal opinion is that the Divine is neither male nor female, and yet both at the same time...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join