It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People are STILL Laughing at Creationists (and ID'ers)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Things will be cleared up eventually.

If there is proof of True Evil, it would also be proof that True Good exists.

And, to be honest, the state of the world today is leaning HEAVILY toward the existence of True Evil.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by DOADOA

unless you are an atom..

just becuase you precive life as such does not mean you are not the electron wizzing about the nuculie of an atom now does it?

Do the cells in ones body call me god yet i gave birth to the very creation yet sustatain me with no question?

well?

if i was that atom that exploded i would have died and if i didn't die would't that make me god? that would mean i gave birth to the universe. i don't think you know what you're saying.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by DOADOA]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Lillydale

You know how clouds always look like different things to different people.

No please explain?

Really? You need me to explain how people see different things in the clouds?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Why do atheists spend so much time attacking something they dont believe?

I can see how it might be possible for someone to look around on earth and say there is

no God, I fail to conceive how anyone could look up into the heavens and
make the same claim.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by randyvs]

Maybe the same way some Christians can look up in the clouds and see "Put your kids in t-shirts that say 'God hates fags' and go ruin a soldiers funeral"

Or maybe the same way a Christian can look in the sky and see the message to kill an abortion doctor.

No problem with Gays as it were but how can an abortionist be protected by anyone is beyond me. Don't say rape or torture because it is probably the reason for 2 - 5 % of the cases of abortion. Don't say I have no idea , because I do. I have lost three children to it and I am not a rapist nor am I inhumane and mean, it was an option given to women in an unjust society. At conception, they were alive, period. So to bomb a clinic, shoot a abortionist is justified if an abortion is justified.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LASTofTheV8s

he only way a God could change the way things are, would be by taking away our freedoms, and MAKING things different. Making us different.

one simple question and please be honest..

Did you ever have the choice to be born?

please be honest..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by Max_TO

if you can not understand words i use caps so they stick OUT

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
althou id and creationism provides a fun case of argument as to how thing got started, i could provide a stronger case by stating that there was nothing before the first photograph and that the world formed from it.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

nothing more to add

2nd line

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by habfan1968

Science is looking for the answer to an age old question that creationism has already answered, hey, if science produces an viable answer I am all ears but, in over 200 years of questioning we have not been able to answer the question other than, creationism.

Please don't make me laugh so much. Has any creationist explained the mechanics of creationism, and how it all came about, apart from their belief that god did it!

Even if any sort of creation by a god were true, then we would have to use science to understand its physical processes because ourselves (a physical product of that) are part of the physical world, and therefore part of science. But the masses of evidence that science has discovered points nowhere near any sort of creationist argument, and your lack of knowledge of any of it reeks of complete ignorance.

A good start would be for you to learn a bit of science, and the real wonders of the universe that do actually exist because understanding what does exist is more enlightening than pretending your own beliefs must exist. But if you prefer to live in ignorance, then by all means pat yourself on the back for making a meaningless guess, as you have to use science to explain that guess if you want to make it meaningful!

Sorry John if my lack of knowledge does not suit you, however, your lack of knowledge does not suit me either. You cannot produce any evidence supporting any other theory as to how we came about now then can you? If you could you certainly would not be hanging around ATS now would you?

Again it is all conjecture until the proof is shown, which you do not have nor can you produce so please spare me, science does not have the answer and scientist readily admit they do not have the answer, so should you.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
No problem with Gays as it were but how can an abortionist be protected by anyone is beyond me.

It is not about the abortionist, it is about the Christian. He is the one that looked up in the sky and his GOD told him to murder.

Don't say rape or torture because it is probably the reason for 2 - 5 % of the cases of abortion. Don't say I have no idea , because I do. I have lost three children to it and I am not a rapist nor am I inhumane and mean, it was an option given to women in an unjust society. At conception, they were alive, period. So to bomb a clinic, shoot a abortionist is justified if an abortion is justified.

Um...no. I am talking about Christians who are specifically forbidden from murdering. You can rant about Abortion all you like, I could care less what you think or feel about it. I did not ask. I did not bring it up to discuss it. You do not like the example, ignore it. Do not try and tell me that ANY CHRISTIAN IS JUSTIFIED IN MURDERING ANYONE.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

If there is proof of True Evil, it would also be proof that True Good exists.
reply to post by LASTofTheV8s

All it takes is one open eye to see.
You are so right my friend and because of that evil the atheists and
non believers will one day have their way.
When anyone who chooses not to denounce the Christ will die.
I plan to be in that number.

I also have nothing further to add.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

no i was refering to the caps lock thing you was saying... i see you left that out and not the part about god..

You said just then about design, that would require a "being" when it fact it does not

It only requires a logical system

like making a cup of coffee

you call god a BEING when in fact its a function

not my problem people can not work out the differnce between a function and being happy and a "being" that made the function who i could not care less for

what do i need to care for? becaus i was "CREATED"? so what if i was ?? i never asked to be did i?

NO so if i never asked to BE here that means i was REQUIRED to be here that also means IM A FUNCTION OF SOMETHING that means WHEN my JOB is OVER "ie my little life" THATS ITS

and i ACCEPT IT

but it also means i value it more than you can possibly imagen because you may think as many do you get AFTER LIFE and another go a it "with no proof i may add"

but im happy being the electron that makes matter work..

i can not be destroyed i only change states

and that IS the truth

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
althou id and creationism provides a fun case of argument as to how thing got started, i could provide a stronger case by stating that there was nothing before the first photograph and that the world formed from it.

If seeing is believing then you would also concede the first text would suffice?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I can see how it might be possible for someone to look around on earth and say there is

no God, I fail to conceive how anyone could look up into the heavens and
make the same claim.

Maybe the same way some Christians can look up in the clouds and see "Put your kids in t-shirts that say 'God hates fags' and go ruin a soldiers funeral"

Or maybe the same way a Christian can look in the sky and see the message to kill an abortion doctor.

No problem with Gays as it were but how can an abortionist be protected by anyone is beyond me. Don't say rape or torture because it is probably the reason for 2 - 5 % of the cases of abortion. Don't say I have no idea , because I do. I have lost three children to it and I am not a rapist nor am I inhumane and mean, it was an option given to women in an unjust society. At conception, they were alive, period. So to bomb a clinic, shoot a abortionist is justified if an abortion is justified.

so okay, it's okay to kill an INNOCENT baby if their father made them by forcing their mother to have sex? and it's okay to kill a doctor?

so you're only pro-life in some cases....

sorry about your kids btw. it is a shame, i do not support abortion either.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

No problem with Gays as it were but how can an abortionist be protected by anyone is beyond me.

It is not about the abortionist, it is about the Christian. He is the one that looked up in the sky and his GOD told him to murder.

Don't say rape or torture because it is probably the reason for 2 - 5 % of the cases of abortion. Don't say I have no idea , because I do. I have lost three children to it and I am not a rapist nor am I inhumane and mean, it was an option given to women in an unjust society. At conception, they were alive, period. So to bomb a clinic, shoot a abortionist is justified if an abortion is justified.

Um...no. I am talking about Christians who are specifically forbidden from murdering. You can rant about Abortion all you like, I could care less what you think or feel about it. I did not ask. I did not bring it up to discuss it. You do not like the example, ignore it. Do not try and tell me that ANY CHRISTIAN IS JUSTIFIED IN MURDERING ANYONE.

So, you are saying under duress that no killing is justified?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Who do theists spend so much time trying to convince others of their beliefs, when they have no proof of what they are believing in?

It seems to me that thiests have had it easy for so long, why can't athiest's point out their fallacies of logic? The question to ask is why do thiest's become offended at the athiest's use of logic & science? It is surely more offending to be told that you have to believe something to be true without evidence.... I've never seen any logical reason as to why thiest's should see athiest's pointing out scientific facts, as an attack. It's merely a correction that any belief without evidence remains an unproven assertion.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

So, you are saying under duress that no killing is justified?

acturly the whole point of christians is to martyr one self.....

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Who do theists spend so much time trying to convince others of their beliefs, when they have no proof of what they are believing in?

what proof is there God DOESNT exist and this is just a random material existence? no greater than the proof he/she does.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

It seems to me that thiests have had it easy for so long, why can't athiest's point out their fallacies of logic? The question to ask is why do thiest's become offended at the athiest's use of logic & science? It is surely more offending to be told that you have to believe something to be true without evidence.... I've never seen any logical reason as to why thiest's should see athiest's pointing out scientific facts, as an attack. It's merely a correction that any belief without evidence remains an unproven assertion.

its contra theism you are talking about not a theism.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Ok there must be a misunderstanding ..

This is what I said

"What is this thread even about ?

So if one believes that intelligent design is a possibility they are stupid and I will schoolyard talk them into seeing things my way ?

Kinda silly to see , grown people ? argue over a theory that each claim to be true , and even sillier to see the name calling and belittling when someone disagrees with there ideas and interpretations . "

I seem to be missing a few key parts . I do not see where you get this from my post ...

"i see you left that out and not the part about god..
You said just then about design, that would require a "being" when it fact it does not "

I am sorry but I do not see the link between what I have said and what I am being reported to have said .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join