It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 2093 text message? Help!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
thats what i was thinking too. perhaps it was just a mistake and someone from a different country sent the text by accident

too bad it wasnt from the future

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by msmiaaaaa

You already gave up on the text without even posting the pictures yet? Don't let everyone's opinions here sway what you believe in. It may be true that it was just a mistake, but what if it wasn't? Post the pics so everyone can see and form their opinions.....don't just go by what one person thinks.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
... who the hell is inviting all these people to ATS?

look first of all your lines of gibberish are worthless. Pics or it didn't happen.

number 2 the date comes from the senders phone not yours.

number 3 DO we look like a sprint store to you? if you were really concerned about this you wouldn't ask a bunch of randoms on the internet you would go to your providers store or call the company.

want my advice? buy a new phone and a new number. their problem solved.

Wow! What's your deal?? Did you get a lump of coal for Christmas? Keep up this bitter attitude to assure you do next year!

People come on forums to get suggestions. Ideas. Feedback. Again, what's your problem? Better question, why are you here? What's your function? Ah...nevermind. I decided you're too negative to cyberly like anyway.

OP.....it's most likely from a foreign phone. Forget this time/space continuum kookiness. It's not from the future because if it was, what purpose did it serve besides being a thread on ATS on Christmas day?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There is not mystery here. I know what is was. It was a 'text spam' just like email spam. Computer generated spam emails and text have a bad habit of having that 2093 date code. I use to get a ton of junk spam emails from that same year 2093. Newer spam computer programs have gotten away from the 2093 date stamp for the most part.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I just did a search looking for that, but did not see anything relevant. How long ago was that? What carrier?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You know it's very easy to edit a text message right? You can make it from the year 3000 if you wanted.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i had no idea you could do that

but why wont it let me reply back?
i open the text message and hit reply and it wont let me send.
it will take me to my contact list to search for someone, it doesnt let me send directly to the person who sent the text

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Yes, please enlighten us.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

About 2 or 3 years back. I was getting a lot of it from Yahoo and a lot from Alltel (my ISP). Do a Google search for "texts from the future" and "emails from the future". It seems the future date codes are a way of getting around spam filters. For the most part this is an old way ( a few years old) of getting around the filters. Most filters now have had that fixed and the future date code work around no longer works. As to why the year 2093 was picked from what I learned about it was that was the highest date that most systems would allow when the program was written

I would not worry about it unless you start to receive text or email from yourself from future then you may have a problem.

[edit on 12/25/2009 by fixer1967]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Very nice, I will check it out. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Seems a search here on ATS was in order as well, check it out.

Text from the future

OP, I think this will help you alot!

[edit on 25-12-2009 by desertdreamer]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Is there not a possibility that the data was meant for the intended phone, but some how, got scrambled on the way, I have had nonces text messages before, only to find they were sent in good faith but something went wrong between sending it and me receiving it. Same as down loading a txt file from the internet to find it got corrupted and become just a load of nonces Just a thought, Having said that i did get two strange messages from people i don't know today, so could it also be that the phone systems became overloaded, being its Christmas day and all. :0)

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As mentioned above, it may be from another character set / language. You may have some luck if you forward the texts to your own email account and see what the gibberish becomes.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
im not really worried about the whole spam thing, i just found the text very interesting : )

and thanks a lot for the link! it seems that a lot of people have gotten texts like these

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
1 picture just one

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i saved the 2 texts so i can take a picture but ill have to do it at my boyfriends house through webcam ( ill try)

because i lost my cameras cord ; )

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by msmiaaaaa

If this happened to me, the first thing Id do is take a picture, or five. Oh gee, lost your camera cord but instead of getting another, you only have time to post on here. Gimme a break and shut up, if you actually have a picture, Id be very, very, very surprised.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
pleaseeeee. you actually think i have nothing else better to do ? you really think im going to sit here on my computer and make a story up because im bored?

thats just sad.

if you think this is a waste of time why are you even here replying to this?
why do you even bother?

ill try to get a picture tonight if i cant than im sorry thats just too bad for you

[edit on 25-12-2009 by msmiaaaaa]

[edit on 25-12-2009 by msmiaaaaa]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The nature of the text received from the OP's mother puts me in mind of when I used to be a programmer and attempt to do something foolish like sending an image file to a text based system (this was YEARS ago) and didn't convert it properly.

Or it also looks like what would happen when we used to use actual external modems (300 baud, 1500 baud) and get random noise across the wires.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ive been researching things online and ive found out that a lot of people have recieved texts like these and some even emails dated 2020's 30's 40's etc

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join