It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 2093 text message? Help!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
... who the hell is inviting all these people to ATS?

Who invited you?

look first of all your lines of gibberish are worthless. Pics or it didn't happen.

Much as your post is gibberish, unfortunately for everyone your post did happen

number 2 the date comes from the senders phone not yours.

Thanks for that useless bit of info

number 3 DO we look like a sprint store to you? if you were really concerned about this you wouldn't ask a bunch of randoms on the internet you would go to your providers store or call the company.

Nice of you to tell the OP what his motivations are, and what he should do

What a helpful chap you are

want my advice? buy a new phone and a new number. their problem solved.

Who's problem solved?

By the way, nice attitude you have... I don't know what ATS would do without you

@OP Thanks for sharing. As has been mentioned, it could be a 'foreign' text that's been misdirected to your phone, one it couldn't translate, hence the symbols.

Having said that, the first thing that came to mind when I saw it was 'Mathematical Equation'

Any mathematicians in the house?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Haha unfortunately no

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Um... so this just has to be a message from the future?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I read a story just like this a few years ago, it might have even been on ATS. I think it was 2093 also.

I think it ended up being an add of some sort.

Google text message from the future I'm sure you'll find the article. ( I can't I'm using a cellphone )

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This sort of a text message from the future is an intriguing idea, but I'd vote for a binary message (a picture or a MP3, or maybe network settinngs from the operator) or a message in another language (Cyrillic, Chinese, etc.) that somehow got directed into your cell phone by accident.

The cell phone operators use computers and sometimes people receive text messages or even *gasp* calls that were meant to someone other. This I would call a computer glitch, especially with a weird time stamp from the future.

As for the sender's number that was shown as a name: at least the cell phone operators are able to send messages without any sender's number but with a sender's name instead. Certain phones are not able to receive such messages at all (at least iPhone) but most can also receive messages with a real sender's name in it.

I'd be more worried and/or interested in weird phone calls that originate from a familiar number but are total gibberish or at least made by someone else (in a different place or time).

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"They" are screwing with the phones, most likely at a software level.
About two weeks ago my moms friend got a "call" from her at 3 am but her phone was on the nightstand next to her and was sitting idle, there were no outgoing calls made at that time from her phone but his phone was still ringing with her number showing up as the caller.
When he answered, it was just a whining type static noise.

A funnier story happened to me about two weeks before that. I was talking to my brother on the cell phone, (hes not really into conspiracies like i am)
He didnt really understand when i told him that all calls were monitored, he thought that i meant there was someone actually listening to ever call placed and stated that that would be impossible.
I told him that it was my belief that calls arent listened to but pretty much all calls are recorded and sent to a server and ran through a software program that searches for certain words etc..
Then i told him that his are actually probably scrutinized more closely because he married a Russian Muslim and at that last word, the call was dropped... hehe

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by msmiaaaaa

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but there is no problem sending a message to someone from a senders 'name' rather than a number. Businesses do it all the time. I guess you could just as easy change the date/time of the sending software/klient to say 2093.

The message was probably written with a character encoding and alphabet that does not match the receviers phone alternatively it was ment to read diddely squat as a hoax/publicity stunt.

When it comes to technology It's all too easy to fake this sort of thing. But interesting none the less. I could of course be wrong...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

One of the texts

"yo[ 2Ça9 åò0ù ¿å y M ~ >@D< ¿U"

I can't explain the date, but I can take a stab at the symbols. Sometimes my wife or a friend will send a message in Japanese or Chinese to my English only phone by mistake. The messages always comes in a mess of symbols that look like that. So maybe your mom got a message in another language and her phone can't display it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
ok

i´ll wait for the picture

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by itsblownbackbaby

Oh gee, lost your camera cord but instead of getting another, you only have time to post on here

It is Christmas after all. Getting a phone specific cable may be a tad more difficult than say, December 1st.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Is it also funny that we're still using the same language that's been in use for over 100 years?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Sorry OP, But Im going to call hoax on this one till I see evidence. Although it probably is just a text message from a foreign country. And the dates you get on your phones in text messages is actually from the sender of the message, Also, Im sure you know this, but phone dates can be easily changed.

Seasons Greetings.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
... who the hell is inviting all these people to ATS?

look first of all your lines of gibberish are worthless. Pics or it didn't happen.

number 2 the date comes from the senders phone not yours.

number 3 DO we look like a sprint store to you? if you were really concerned about this you wouldn't ask a bunch of randoms on the internet you would go to your providers store or call the company.

want my advice? buy a new phone and a new number. their problem solved.

somebody got a bit of lumpy egg nog. Cheer up Doc. This is Christmas! Go find yourself a ho-ho-ho and everything will be fine.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsblownbackbaby

If this happened to me, the first thing Id do is take a picture, or five. Oh gee, lost your camera cord but instead of getting another, you only have time to post on here. Gimme a break and shut up, if you actually have a picture, Id be very, very, very surprised.

And we'll all be happy for you.

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

Lmao... a Hoax now.

It's a damn Mobile Phone glitch - not big foot in the swimming pool.

Photos of a phone. Wow, images of garbled text, the Prove it happened.

Insanity. Everyone put down the xmas punch! Step away from the ham.

No one needs images to conclude that it is some errant sms message, either a foreign language or an incompatible media format, and the phone has just did it's best to display it.

The most likely reason why the OP cannot send a msg back or reply, is because it was sent by a mass sms system, or from an online sms service.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

For this to even be possible one would have to assume:

1: Texting is still used in 2093
2: Current symbols are still used in 2093
3: Your mother's phone number still exists in 2093

With the population and the number of phone users growing every year, surely phone numbers (should phones still exist) in 2093 will have a few extra numbers either on the phone number itself or the area code.

It was a computer error. It happens.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Someone could have created a war dialer for cellphones. It calls numbers over and over until it picks up. In this case the war dialer is just catching numbers of cellphones in the area. This is not a good thing of course. Maybe someone is building a database of cell phone numbers with names in order to sell.

War driving is like war dialing only people drive around looking for WiFi hot spots. Maybe someone has created a version for mobile phones. IF the police can turn on your phone at any time then someone else can also.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by ViperFoxBat]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I suggest you break it down into binary code, then see if a message comes through with an alternate base number (other than nine). Reason: future bases will be larger.

[edit on 12/25/2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Mobile phone glitches are not uncommon.

I've called a friend's cell phone before, and somehow would get a totally different person on another phone.

The first time it happened, I thought for a second my friend had lost his phone or been kidnapped...lol But, I hung up, tried again, and he answered and told me he never got the first call.

It's happened again since, usually on holidays, or in areas of large events when the cell phone traffic is high.

So, I'd chalk it up to either a holiday cell phone traffic glitch, or a foreign language text, as mentioned before.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
True story:

I recently figured out that somebody was "spoofing" my cell phone number in order to create the false impression that I was sending pictures of naked male genitals to various young women. I only learned of this because some of the women in question responded by texting "back" to me, since my number was in the "from" field.

As I tried to get to the bottom of this, my cell service provider, AT&T, was of absolutely no help whatsoever.

If you're in the mood for a good chuckle, you can read all about it here:

Cyber Crimes of Our Times

The harassment did eventually taper off. I'm pretty sure I know who the culprit is. He's lucky I'm too lazy, and too much of an adult, to worry about getting revenge.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join