It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 2093 text message? Help!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Last night during Christmas dinner my mom was recieved a text message and she thought it was another text message from a friend wishing her a Merry Christmas.

But it wasn't.

She recieved a text written only in symbols, like computer symbols but it was dated 24/12/2093 . I thought it was an error so I checked the date on her cellphone and figured it was 2093 but it wasn't and even more weird was that instead of having the senders phone written it had " aR". When you get a text from someone who isnt on your cellphone list it shows their number saying who its from instead of their name but it didnt show any number, only the name as if she had that name saved. So I look in her contact list and she didnt have any "aR" .

Weird?

I tried writting something and replying but when I tried to reply the contact didnt exist, I couldnt write back to this "aR".

she got another text last on with some more weird symbols, also dated 2093 but a longer text.

Just some weird computer error? Or am I going crazy??

[edit on 25-12-2009 by msmiaaaaa]

One of the texts

"yo[ 2Ça9 åò0ù ¿å y M ~ >@D< ¿U"

Thats from the first text and theres one symbol missing that I cant make

[edit on 25-12-2009 by msmiaaaaa]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by msmiaaaaa

So which is it? rA or aR? You have both in your post. Maybe you should fix that first.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It's a trick because the second time you said aR instead of rA, so she did have a rA in her contacts!

I mash riddles lol

Your not crazy, that's weird.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
aR

sorry about that im new to this ; )

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
she didnt cause i looked in her contacts and she didnt have anything
then i tried to reply back to that person and didnt let me, like the person didnt exist at all

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
A friend of mine experienced many text messages like this, the strangest was from his girlfriend, strange because she was sitting next to him with her phone switched off when he received it.

After a lot of digging it turned out his ex-wife had subscribed to some revenge website where you could redirect numbers and send text messages to someone "from" the numbers of friends that exist in that persons phone. If that is possible then maybe date twisting is possible too? Hope you get to the bottom of it and I wouldnt worry so much about it in the mean time

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

No problem. What you really need in this situation is a screen print of the text message. One that has the symbols, dates, etc. Surely you kept the text message, right?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
so other then the strange date what was on
the two text you recived

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Akeru

you could redirect numbers and send text messages to someone "from" the numbers of friends that exist in that persons phone.

Akeru, if you would have read the OP, you would have seen that he said that the aR person was NOT in his mothers phone. So, your attempt to unravel this mystery by saying what you did above makes no sense. Please READ the actual post prior to providing an explanation. Obviously if the OP said that the aR was NOT in the phone, then it would be impossible for the above scenario that you provided to work.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Precisely, the OP needs to provide a screen shot of some type so that one can see what he/she is talking about.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Great, sounds interesting.

Take a photo of the text message and upload it so we can see.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I wish I could take a picture of the text at the moment but i dont have a camera cord so ill have to upload it later from a friends but I did write down what the first text said.

Its very weird because if it was from an unknown number then the number would show up on the text but it showed up as "aR"

just very weird to me

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

One of the texts "yo[ 2Ça9 åò0ù ¿å y M ~ >@D< ¿U" Thats from the first text and theres one symbol missing that I cant make

It's amazing how people in 2093 appear to still be using the same symbols that one uses on a keyboard or in a computer in today's society. one would think that it would have been a much more sophisticated and advanced symbol language that would not have been easy to duplicate so quickly. I still prefer a screen shot of the original text message with the date intact to be able to determine if this is in fact a complete farce.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer
reply to post by Akeru

you could redirect numbers and send text messages to someone "from" the numbers of friends that exist in that persons phone.

Akeru, if you would have read the OP, you would have seen that he said that the aR person was NOT in his mothers phone. So, your attempt to unravel this mystery by saying what you did above makes no sense. Please READ the actual post prior to providing an explanation. Obviously if the OP said that the aR was NOT in the phone, then it would be impossible for the above scenario that you provided to work.

Forgive me sir, just woke up from one of those silly christmas party thingies. I wasnt trying to unravel anything, my point, if there was one, was that cell phones are easily manipulatable (if there is such a word lol) T'was my first post too - in future I promise not to try to contribute when so fuzzy headed K?

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Heres what the 2nd text said

o[ Ue/

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Except for the fact the sending number shows up weird, there is the possibility that someone sent a message to the wrong number..and the message was from someone who was sending in another language like maybe Russian which uses the Cyrillic character set..

the text string you got is very similar to what I see occasionally when I receive Russian language messages and my browser is not set to recognize Cyrillic... but you would get the same effect with any non latin character set if your device is not capable of receiving them.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
i really hope youre not implying that i am making this up.
i visit this website almost everyday and just because of that text message i signed up to try to get some answers. you really think i would be wasting my time?

as soon as i can upload the text picture i will

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Akeru

You will find that reading a post, and contributing to a post here, are ALWAYS scrutinized as to their content. BTW...hope it was a great party! Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

The proof is always in the pudding, nothing is as it seems. I can respect that you come here everyday, and I notice that you are a fairly new member, i assume you have been lurking here for sometime probably. I am intrigued by the text message, it just seems a little strange that the symbols would be something as simple as symbols from our day and age if they were in fact from the future. Like I said, pictures would be best. It may be something as simple as one of the last posters said, a text message gone rogue.....lol
I apologize if I offended you, please accept my Holiday greetings to you and your family. we look forward to seeing the pictures.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Im really going to try to get a picture as soon as I can, yes I also found it very weird..expecially the date and how I cant send it back

Might be some cellphone error but theres still something "fishy" about it to me

and yes i used to lurk here all the time, its a very interesting website

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join