It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 2093 text message? Help!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Yes the party was cool but I'm paying for it now! I have been floating around here for about a year and I realise there are very intelligent creatures of light in here and I expect to be scrutinized - luckily I do not take the half a brain I have remaining too seriously but I will say that my behaviour in here will be only respectful. The questions raised in all the threads are far too interesting, I am only here to learn. I'll introduce myself sometime soon when I can see my keyboard a little better...!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

We shouldn't discount that the phone was just trying it's best to translate a foreign language. There's no real reason to believe those were the original symbols used in the send. As the above poster commented, it could simply be a crylic language.

Many asian languages show up as asterisks on my old computer.

That said i still look forward to the pics, and a simple call to the cell provider might do some good here.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There are ways of sending a text message so that the senders name appears whether you have their contact saved or not.
I get text messages from Nintendo, i don't have Nintendo saved in my contacts but it still says "Sender: Nintendo" instead of a phone number.
This is usually done over the net via SMS software.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Excellent insight Seiko.....we will have to wait and see.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Akeru

No problem Akeru, enjoy the rest of the day. The keyboard will eventually come back into focus!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well I believe you OP.
There is probably a very mundane explanation. I'm inclined to think it may be your phone trying to make sense of a different alphabet from a text sent in error. Not sure about the date bit though.
Keep us posted!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here is something I found. It may be the reason, and may not be.

Message received as random numbers, letters, and symbols

I send a text message to my friend. She has Verizon just like me. She texts me back asking why I put a bunch of random symbols letters and numbers. My entire message to her is turned into something that looks like spam. hjksd&*IKS(932*K^JK% like that. I text her a similar message phrasing it a different way. She still gets the random stuff. She got 4 random messages like that. Then we start talking about something different and she gets my real message. After getting only 2 real messages she got a random symbol number letter message

It seems that some of the text messages that were sent were over 160 characters, and the sender was using a symbol in his signature on all the text messages. This sounds familiar to what you are seeing OP. Maybe someone sent a text that was really long and had a special character in their signature. it still does not explain the date though....what do you think?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by msmiaaaaa

Hey there and welcome to ATS ...

I vote message from the future.

Maybe you should write this down on paper (complete with copies of both texts including dated etc.) ... seal it all in a time capsule (old screwtop jar or biscuit tin) and pass it onto your kids/grandkids (when you have some) ... and ask them to watch out for that date ... are these symbols being used regularly in communication then ?

And who is 'aR' and/or 'rA'.

A Christmas Mystery to be sure ... I for one love it.

Happy Holidays to you and your family ... be safe and warm.

Woody

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Welcome to the world of texting, where using other dimensions to communicate is surly to spawn something odd.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I totally agree with a previous poster. It sounds like it was sent accidentally, to your mom and....probably from a foreign country hence why your Americanized text-phone didn't recognize the language and defaulted to computerized symbols instead. I wouldn't worry too much. I don't believe it's a message from the future because it didn't mention 'martial law'....'alien invasions'.....or "david wilcock' (smile)

Peace~

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by msmiaaaaa

OOps. should have read further. Someone beat me to the punch about foreign language

[edit on 25-12-2009 by felonius]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

thank you =)

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Maybe it was from Ra, that would be weird, and spooky too.
'this is RA from 2029, listen up'..

Maybe it from some chineese phone or some thing ?

[edit on 25/12/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Maybe it was from the future.

If it was, then certainly any language they use in 2093 would be something this primitive (in processing, translation and size, let alone some communication device that's not compatible with one that's implanted with a mini hud showing up in the person's retina) phone would see as ultra-fast gibberish, an enormous data flash, thus leaving it to it's own accord in translating and interpreting, getting only a fraction of a piece of an enormous header...

Who knows, it could have been the entire human species database of all knowledge up to 2093 - interpreted by a primitive pencil and paper equivalent.

Hehee...

Anyway, yeah, call the provider if you're really interested in an answer. It'll probably get all the way to Level 3 Tech Support and give them all a Merry Christmas too.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
maybe it's a case of bringing Information back into the past?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One time I got a wrong # text out of no where, stating an address close to me. It was weird because I thought I got it from my own phone because the number was so similar... then I answered it and started talking to this individual. I ended up meeting this person and having a heated night, hahaha. Maybe aR could show you a little fun too.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
... who the hell is inviting all these people to ATS?

look first of all your lines of gibberish are worthless. Pics or it didn't happen.

number 2 the date comes from the senders phone not yours.

number 3 DO we look like a sprint store to you? if you were really concerned about this you wouldn't ask a bunch of randoms on the internet you would go to your providers store or call the company.

want my advice? buy a new phone and a new number. their problem solved.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

... who the hell is inviting all these people to ATS?

That is hilarious...YOU just registered in September of this year....who invited YOU? LMAO....

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well one bit did stick out as I ran my eye over the text "ÑEuPu"
Neipu (內埔) is a small town in Pingtung County, Southern tip of Taiwan (ROC)

it could be your mom got a "very" wrong number text and the Chinese symbols they use wouldn't properly display on your moms phone... Yeah they have a different calendar too

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Is your cell phone account up to date?

Nice trick by the cell phone provider to get you to call them and pay your bill!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join