It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman jumps barrier, knocks down pope at Christmas Eve mass, Vatican says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What a hero, Lol not to start a debate about the evils of religions which i reckon this might start, but seriously anyone ballsy enough to punch the pope or throw a shoe at the president and the like deserves respect.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Violet Sky

LMAO you made me spit coffee everywhere. Nicely done! That said I am not a fan of the pope or religion for that matter but tackling the Pope at a christmas eve mass takes some guts. Doesn't he have swiss guards? Aren't they supposed to be pretty decent as far as body guards go? Amazing failure of security on this one.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Posted on you tube.

This is the version the vatican wants the world to see.

Someone sent Italian state TV, the unnoficial ecoding, you cn clearly see a woman in red, attacking the pope, bringing him down.

I didnot know this is the 2nd attack on him, he was supposingly attacked at the end of last years christmas mass also.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Curious that she was wearing red. Source - NYTimes.com

Something like this may only happen if it's allowed to, or supposed to happen. A LOT of security surrounds the papacy.

More on the "lady in red," from the outstanding 'The Arrivals' series.

go to 5:26 for more on the esoteric meaning of the "lady in red."

Commence wild speculation.

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The main question is this: HOW did a nutcase get into St. Peter's Basilica in the first place, and why aren't they releasing her name? Guests for the Christmas Eve Mass at St. Peter's must be invited by the Vatican, and getting in is considered "a hot ticket"... It's not an open mass for the general public.

Strangely enough, this exact same thing happened at the Christmas Eve Mass last year — a woman jumped the blockade and rushed the Pope back then, too. So far, they "don't know" if it's the same woman.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have come across another video, posted on you tube of the same women in red attacking the pope earlier this year, it was post on 25 February 2009.

From the Mobile phone footage sent to the BBC it is the same female in red.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris_Caine
What a hero...anyone ballsy enough to punch the pope or throw a shoe at the president and the like deserves respect.

No, they deserve to be in a psycho ward. If they're "ballsy enough" to attack a public figure, such an attacker would not think twice about attacking your children with a knife or throwing acid in your wife's face on any public street. And you sure as hell don't have bodyguards.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
As a Pagan, I certainly have no love lost for the Catholic Church. However, anyhone thinking physically attacking an 82 yo man is funny, has issues. Sure, he may represent alot of things that people hate, but at the end of the day she attacked a senior citizen.......I don't find that funny at all.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
Maybe she was a victim of child abuse at the hands of a catholic priest.

Or maybe she was sexually abused by a pedophile policeman or a pedophile fireman. There are a hell of a lot more pedophile cops and firemen out there than there are pedophile priests, but everyone just automatically assumes that all cops and firemen are heroes, when there's little or no evidence to support that assumption — just as there's little or no evidence to support the assumption that all priests are pedophiles.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
well aparently its the popes fault some nut attacked him good to know where ATS stands on this.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Perhaps. But the way I see it there were thousands of others there and she selected her target. If she was just some violent nut job she could've picked anyone else, but she picked the pope, seems more like a vendetta of sorts. who could blame the old gal?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
reply to post by factbeforefiction

LOL, yeah because if anything it is those darned atheists that are always out there pushing their ideals on people. LOL. Atheist wars and atheist violence just makes me sick.

Which atheist wars are you pointing out in particular, the 80 million people slaughtered by atheist Mao, or the 50 million slaughtered by atheist Stalin?

You still LOL or do you just feel a need to study a little more.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by factbeforefiction]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
Maybe she was a victim of child abuse at the hands of a catholic priest.

Or maybe she was sexually abused by a pedophile policeman or a pedophile fireman. There are a hell of a lot more pedophile cops and firemen out there than there are pedophile priests, but everyone just automatically assumes that all cops and firemen are heroes, when there's little or no evidence to support that assumption — just as there's little or no evidence to support the assumption that all priests are pedophiles.

— Doc Velocity

Right on. If random psychos are going to start attacking pedophiles based on frequency of acts committed then we should expect a public school teacher to be trounced at least on a daily basis.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris_Caine
who could blame the old gal?

You're not making yourself clear — are you saying the Pope somehow did this woman wrong and that she was justified in attacking him? Are you on any medication? More importantly, are you taking your medication?

When is attacking an 82-year-old man ever justifiable? Perhaps to a violent, mentally-unbalanced mind these are the actions of a "hero" — but for any sane person, there's no justification for it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I really don't like that you are willing to take this down the atheist vs. road, but since you brought it up I thought I should go ahead and mention the fact that Stalin studied, like Hitler, to be a priest.

The problem I have with all of that crap is the simple fact that religion is often a TOOL of the Government to use to rally support for wars they want to fight for totally unrelated reasons.

As far as Mao and Stalin are concerned, their circumstance was entirely different. They were faced with trying to balance a progressive state with a welfare state. The two cannot coexist without very, very nasty consequences.
Those men just didn't hide behind religiosity to achieve their results.

I would say it could be argued that NO leaders in the world are spiritual.
They are all blood-sucking bastards, quite frankly.

And the Pope is no different. I liken him to the Preacher down the road who tells people how to live for Jesus, just so long as they continue to provide for his 800,000USD home and helicopter.
He needs a good ass kicking.
In fact, the entire organization needs to be cast down.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Well, I do not know the womans story but yes I am assuming Christainity has done her wrong, and yes, a young man attacking a pensioner is wrong but a elderly woman beating an old man is a little different, not that age should matter, If you had a chance to punch the devil wouldn't you? lol and he's gotta be getting on in his years. Personally I love christianity. But damn do i hate the Vatican. But yeah the lady attacked the pope once before apparently, so it does seem she has a personal grudge against the former Nazi, sharked eyed pensioner.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I really don't like that you are willing to take this down the atheist vs. road, but since you brought it up I thought I should go ahead and mention the fact that Stalin studied, like Hitler, to be a priest...

I guess it didn't work out for them, so they decided to become psychopathic atheist mass murderers instead right?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Do you ever feel like ATS needs one of those *phewww!! right over his head* emoticons?

I do.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say that security for the pope isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join