It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman jumps barrier, knocks down pope at Christmas Eve mass, Vatican says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Woman jumps barrier, knocks down pope at Christmas Eve mass, Vatican says

Story

A woman jumped barriers and knocked down the pope at Christmas Eve Mass, a Vatican spokesman said.

The commotion in St. Peter's Basilica happened as Pope Benedict XVI walked down the main aisle to begin the traditional Christmas Eve Mass.

As the procession made its way toward the altar, gasps rang out through the crowd. The procession came to a halt and bodyguards rushed to the trouble spot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-12-2009 by jhill76]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Still breaking at the moment, will post updates as soon as they become available. I wonder was the pope hurt or not?

I also wonder what anger she holds to the pope or Catholics in general.

Headline says he was knocked down, a lot of speculation I guess until the full story becomes clear.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I wonder why she did that, too. Maybe it's the same sort of rock-star syndrome, where fans just want to get as close as they can and then run the "star" over.

*shrug* Just a suggestion. I could think of a few reasons why I would knock the pope over, but you don't see me actually going and doing it. And I'm sure if you shipped me to Vatican City and dared me, I'd chicken out.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Apparently she rugby tackled another priest type person before his 'holyness'.

Benedettini said the woman who pushed the pope appeared to be mentally unstable and had been arrested by Vatican police. He said she also knocked down Cardinal Roger Etchegaray, who was taken to hospital for a check up. "During the procession an unstable person jumped a barrier and knocked down the Holy Father," Benedettini told The Associated Press by telephone. "(The pope) quickly got up and continued the procession."

news.yahoo.com...

Sounds like she had been detained but escaped again. Maybe she was a victim of child abuse at the hands of a catholic priest. The first reports are painting her as 'mental'.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is the problem with all of the anti-Christian hate going on today. Some flakey woman knocks down a frail 82 year old man, for what? That's just ignorant.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I bet after all this the Pope had a crack at her expense and they all got on with the show. It makes me sick with the way "Mentally Sick" people are treated, as mentioned she was probobally abused by a Priest as a child and is getting her revenge for it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe she or someone close to her was molested by one of the priests that was continuously shuffled around under the pope's watch? I am not condoning what she did but if I had to guess at a reason to be so angry with the Catholic church, that comes to mind real fast.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's fishy already, fellow conspiracy theorists.
Something is amiss.
She took down two?
How ?
How can get said crazy person get that near? especially if she's already done it once.
WTF?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Most likely just another psycho atheist like we see everyday here on ATS.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Sort of like millions of people bowing down to a flakey 82 year old man. For what?

That said, I hope the pope gets a nope on his medical scope and that nothing was broke by this dope who loped over the rope to give him a grope

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

LOL, yeah because if anything it is those darned atheists that are always out there pushing their ideals on people. LOL. Atheist wars and atheist violence just makes me sick.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Sort of like millions of people bowing down to a flakey 82 year old man. For what?

That said, I hope the pope gets a nope on his medical scope and that nothing was broke by this dope who loped over the rope to give him a grope

See, maybe she was really an overzealous pope groupie looking to cop a feel? I think they call them Popies. Same people that pay to see Clay Aiken live for some reason. Weird.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
[edit on 24-12-2009 by Bspiracy]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There are rumours his health is getting worse, some public events have been cancelled and mass was brought forward - tonight -in order for the Pontiff to be able to conduct duties tomorrow.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Personally I say good on her, im not an atheist in anyway, but the Pope is a vile position in a rather corrupt set of elite at the top of an otherwise decent branch of the Christian religion. Anyone whos part of the Vatican and all that wealth who do little if anything really humanitarian in this day and age deserves a good tackle.

Sorry for the negativity, being Christmas and all... but still, cant stand the guy (position).

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I laughed when I read the person was deranged, that just made me think whats up here ?. I'm speculating that she is not only heavily religious but is one of the apocalyptic crowd who thinks Pope Raztinger is the Anti-Christ. You can only blame the Catholic Religion for this kind of mindset that its adherents suffer from and whats with all this Mother Mary being more important than everything else in that religion ?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I actually laughed and said "GOAL!"

I don't care about the pope or any world leader to me they are nothing, pieces of corrupt vermin who deserve death. Berlusconi then the Pope.. let's hope they manage to take one leader out at some point.

more to these threats and attacks than meets the eye...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The pope seems to be okay, he proceeded with the mass, one elderly priest has been taken to hospital for observation, the womanin question has been arrested by the Vatican Police. She will be handed over to the italian police later.

BBC NEWS

Hmms bizzare turn of events, could have been worse I suppose.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think the story is f-ing hilarious!
I agree wholeheartedly with the poster above me who says he hates the position that man holds.

This sort of negativity often expresses itself when a person suddenly realizes that the Catholic Church has a history spanning hundreds upon hundreds of years of subjugation under the pretense of "God."
Difference is that very few people actually have the chance to do what this woman did.

It is an utter disgrace, the entire organization. And I say all of this as a man who will often come to the aid of a Christian in debate.
I am not a Christian myself, but I am NOT some "psycho atheist" (how cute).

If I had my way, and I don't which is a very good thing, a lot of changes would be made. And tearing the Catholic Church apart, brick by brick, would be near the top of that list.

It is an evil organization. In every way, shape and form.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join