It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman jumps barrier, knocks down pope at Christmas Eve mass, Vatican says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Woman jumps barrier, knocks down pope at Christmas Eve mass, Vatican says

Story

A woman jumped barriers and knocked down the pope at Christmas Eve Mass, a Vatican spokesman said.

The commotion in St. Peter's Basilica happened as Pope Benedict XVI walked down the main aisle to begin the traditional Christmas Eve Mass.

As the procession made its way toward the altar, gasps rang out through the crowd. The procession came to a halt and bodyguards rushed to the trouble spot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-12-2009 by jhill76]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by jhill76]

Lmfao. I'm sorry, but this is amusing.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris_Caine

Yes, the POPE is equal to a man who ripped our constitution, sent thousands of young Americans to their deaths, displaced millions of people, sent hundreds of thousands of innocent people to their grave, destroyed two countries, not to mentioned bankrupted a nation.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

After seeing the video, the woman came dressed for a fight not mass. She was wearing jeans and a red hoodie. No way is she a disgruntled Catholic. The Catholic church has power over all the people who ever took it seriously. There was nothing spontaneous about the action; it was planned. She is from an outside group that has no use for this Pope.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowKingpin

So I suppose if some Chinese nationalist punched the Dali Lama in the stomach...it would have you rolling on the floor.

That's some great sense of humor you got there bub...which one are you Weeman or Steve-O

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Gateway]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
reply to post by ROBL240

Most likely just another psycho atheist like we see everyday here on ATS.

You just wait until next years atheist vs vatican football game.
Were gonna mess em up for sure!
That was only a preview

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

Good form, friend.

That actually cheered me up.
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This was definitly a plot. How did the woman get the invitation? She is too well put together ,coordinated , well dressed , and athletic to be a crazy person. Also, Vatican Churches have dress codes. Women must wear skirts in the Vatican Churches. On Christmas eve mass that is even more true. I believe I read somewheres a specific non european country has been put in charge of Vatican surveillance and security. Clearly, this was a big mistake.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

[edit on 24-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

The video really show how this act is just...for a lack of a better word extremely disrespectful...I don't understand some of the posters here. Commenting like 4th graders...saying "he deserves it" and the like...unable to comprehend how an act like this is just plain disrespectful and rude at the very least.

Go back to bed kiddies...leave the posting for the ADULTS.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The garbage on this thread against the Pope is simply villainous.

No traditional spiritual leader should be treated in this fashion whether it is the Pope, the Dalai Lama, or the Hopi Elders of Second Mesa.

You do not treat the elders in this fashion no matter what your creed.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

They are entitled to thier opinion, Gateway, weither youlike it or not that is what ATS is. No one is forcing you to read thier comments, seems to me some just want to pic a fight.

Either way could have been worse. He could have been seriously injured.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We will never know what this is about. It is probably the fact the Pope is German. Who ever put the young woman up to this will disown her as crazy. The Catholic church will forgive her and not look to deeply into her background. She will also claim she was off her medication even though she is not crazy. Good thing she did not try this three hundred years ago. Roman Catholics have done many vicious things in the past ,because their enemies have always been vicious.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

An opinion implies...an idea or a stance on an issue.

It's similar to....if someone knocked down your grandmother/grandfather...and I then turned around and said she probably deserved it.

Statements such as the one above, are not ideas or stance on anything but stupid juvenile rubbish.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

The I would have turn round and smacked them down, simple. Or landed her in hospital. Do not try and make this personal. That just proves to me you sir are just trying to pick a fight.

And I for one am not going to entertain it.

Go back to bed kiddies...leave the posting for the ADULTS

And you can keep your patronizing comments to yourself, you do not own ATS.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway

Go back to bed kiddies...leave the posting for the ADULTS.

Adults who tell known child molesters to tone it down or start molesting in a new parish. Yes, let's leave it to those adults. Remember kiddies, it is also disrespectful to tell mommy and daddy about your visit in the rectory.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Laurauk

An opinion implies...an idea or a stance on an issue.

It's similar to....if someone knocked down your grandmother/grandfather...and I then turned around and said she probably deserved it.

Statements such as the one above, are not ideas or stance on anything but stupid juvenile rubbish.

Rest assured that I would at least take the time to really consider whether or not your grammy had it coming. These are not all just knee jerk or anti-religion responses.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

While i agree with you some of the comments are a little extreme and could be more tackfull, I think for the most part what us 'he deserved it' crowd are saying is that we find the entire upper echelon of the catholic church an abhorrents... and as such any attack towards it is good, even if its some old man at the very top. Yes you could protest alot more civil but sometimes it takes a little more... Now the tackler might well be just a nut, in which case she needs some help. Heck most of the off shoots of Catholicism where mostly about the whole Pope issue and freedom to worship in the first place.

I mean you have a bunch of clergy that live within their own giant city in basically temples to mammon, dressed in gold robes eating off gilded cutlery, all basically acquired over centuries of screwing the masses and using god as the excuse... how is it in any way christian?.. how can you respect or revere that, or a person who decided to fit into that system and make his way to the top. The Vatican isn't about religion, but every thing bad about it... and thats why we cheer when its hit like this. Its just a little sick to celebrate the birth of a carpenters son who lived frugal life and tried his best to uplift the poor and lowly in a glittering spectacle like that Vatican mass... its incredibility hypocritical.

Now im a christian, non practicing but i still hold high regards for it, as with any religion, religion (uncorrupted) is to me one of humanities greater achievements, and the catholic church at its base, as is any church, a decent lot.

The problem is, many Catholics almost worship the Pope as if he was god incarnate... theres just no reason for it, and to us... anything that hits at that is a good thing. Do I wish harm on an old guy, no... but I do see the positive in such an act as symbolism.

Call me crayzie... as for the atheist war comments... heck greater than half the war in history was done due to religion, so i wouldnt throw stones in glass houses.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Honestly mate, there arent too many people that don't have strong feelings towards any religious leader one way or the other. You cant attempt to provoke them into a personal argument, I'm just saying in MY oppinion her actions were justified, Suddam Hussein was an old man and yet I dont think many of you would have a problem slapping him down even though compared to the pope that man is a saint. Perhaps not the pope personally more so for what he represents. He's a figure head for an organisation that went corrupt a long time ago. Christianity at its core is admirable like any religion or society but after years of corruption and twisted teachings you just have to accept there are people not as blind as u.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Gateway:

Are you kidding me?!
You tell me that you wouldn't tackle an old man if he was in the wrong? Or if what he stood for was CLEARLY in the wrong?

I had a man of similar age pull a f-doublelovinhell-GUN on me for not answering his questions properly when I was surveying utilities on his property!

You had better believe that if the man had TOLD me he was going into his house to grab his gun and come back out and brandish it at me I WOULD NOT HAVE LET HIM DO IT!

No matter what it took. Even if I had to tackle him.

In fact, looking back on it, I would have beaten the hell out of the man!

No, this man is not excused!

The things he STANDS FOR AND ALLOWS TO HAPPEN are unacceptable!

And this SOB is latest in the line of ONE HUNDRED OR MORE JUST LIKE HIM who *HAVE* commited some of the worst attrocities this world has ever seen!

Hey, I love the emotive arguments just as much as the next guy. But only if I agree with them!

ERRONEOUS!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Gateway:

Are you kidding me?!
You tell me that you wouldn't tackle an old man if he was in the wrong? Or if what he stood for was CLEARLY in the wrong?

I had a man of similar age pull a f-doublelovinhell-GUN on me for not answering his questions properly when I was surveying utilities on his property!

You had better believe that if the man had TOLD me he was going into his house to grab his gun and come back out and brandish it at me I WOULD NOT HAVE LET HIM DO IT!

No matter what it took. Even if I had to tackle him.

In fact, looking back on it, I would have beaten the hell out of the man!

No, this man is not excused!

The things he STANDS FOR AND ALLOWS TO HAPPEN are unacceptable!

And this SOB is latest in the line of ONE HUNDRED OR MORE JUST LIKE HIM who *HAVE* commited some of the worst attrocities this world has ever seen!

Hey, I love the emotive arguments just as much as the next guy. But only if I agree with them!

ERRONEOUS!!!!

Then the Stalinists and khmer Rouge out did all the atrocities the Catholic church comitted. I am sure they will also be out done. I agree with you if the Pope threatened to brandish a gun at you while you were delivering the mail you would have every right to tackle him. Otherwise all the world 's Catholics should fear you if you wish to hold this Pope accountable for all Catholic misdeeds. If your willing to violently assault a distinguished old man then I do not want to know what you would do to the average Catholic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join