It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans' majority to end by mid-century

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I cant excuse what my former Americans did before I was born. I am only responsible for my own actions. I have said many times if an American Indian wanted to use my land for something, I would let him. After all, he has more of a right to be here than I do.

I do understand your point, but I would rather see all of the land go back to the Indians and kick all us White, Hispanic, and Black folks out of their country than see this country become something more worse than it is with the over immigration.

In History, whenever a country let everyone in without restrictions, that country and it's culture was destroyed.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
What about what happened in Quebec about the Quebecers making pork and beans and the Muslims attempted to sue expecting them to change their long held recipe to suit their religious freedoms?

Maybe a bad example but it got the point across.
When cultures clash,whos in the right??

That's not a culture clash, that's a bunch of whinning idiots complaining just for the sake of complaining.

If you don't want pork don't eat it
If you don't like that restauratn eat elsewhere
see... simple!

And I doubt that this represented a significant number of muslims
probably less than 1% of quebec population

I completely agree with most of what you said here and thanks for catching my mistake...I should have said a Muslim group and not Muslims as a whole.
But it still happened.
They didn't choose to not eat it they chose to sue.
Culture vs culture.
Its just political correctness at its worst but it still happened and still has the potential to happen again.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
When this America loses all it's white majority we will begin to lose any culture we have built up over the last 200 years.

Thank God! This materialistic, selfish, consumerist, intolerant, fast-food, immediate gratification, fearful, spoiled, corrupt culture is nothing to be proud of.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
As an example of success, take quebec. They've retained much of their culture. If you're outside of Montreal and Anglais, then you don't get much respect though. I think how they do it is by keeping everyone else out.

That's only like 20% of the story bro
Quebec may have the most language laws on the planet.

A while ago people running to the hospital with injured babies asking for help doctors would say in french "Speak french when you address me or I will not help you"

Tourism, people from other countries came here to visit as tourists and sometimes asked for directions they wouldn't respond because the tourists spoke in english and they found that offensive.
Tourism suffered.

Soooooo many companies had to leave Quebec because of language laws, many headquarters of major companies had to leave and went to Toronto instead or Vancouver.

In every way the economy suffered greatly
Hardly a story of success my friend.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well they've kept their culture haven't they? And their economy ranks 44th in the world.
Hardly a failure.Source

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

But it still happened.
They didn't choose to not eat it they chose to sue.
Culture vs culture.
Its just political correctness at its worst but it still happened and still has the potential to happen again.

Ya but think about it
they wanted to sue for something they didn't purchase or eat or contributed to.

At the end of the day depending how far they took it they only would have wasted their own money on court fees.

It would be impossible for them to win such a stupid argument in a court of law.

They wanted to sue a company for something that had absolutely nothing to do with them.

Think of it this way, if no cultures came here you would have nothing but red meat and fast food, so no cuisine whatsoever in North America.
Everyone would have clogged arteries and be obese.

I'm serious they would
America is too new of a culture to even have a cuisine
that's why it has no cuisine, just capitalism/fast food

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Well they've kept their culture haven't they? And their economy ranks 44th in the world.
Hardly a failure.Source

Absolutely, because they gave up on their stupidities a while ago

they greatly calmed down on language laws, greatly
there's much less racism now
francophones are no long as isolationists as they used to be
and english is way more common then a decade ago

Their economy is good only because of letting go of their stupidities

On another note, the biggest money making businesses in Quebec that employs the most aren't francophones.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I think I half agree with you and half agree with Hack.
Its good to have other cultures for sure...variety IS the spice of life no doubt.
It is not impossible to lose a case like that in a court of law tho.
Just get a very good lawyer and sometimes justice can be totally blind.

It IS good to have other cultures but how far do we let things go when trying to keep your own cultures and traditions going.

As far as Quebec goes they go a bit far on the language laws.Even in my city they have tried to enforce things and I am on the Ontario side.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

In contrast, the Quebec language law and regulations try to promote French as the common public language of all Quebecers. Although Quebec currently respects most of the constitutional rights of its anglophone minority, it took a series of court challenges. The government of Quebec promotes the adoption and the use of French to counteract the trend towards the anglicization of the population of Quebec.

Well they definately make laws to promote french language and culture, as the wiki page clearly shows. I say, more power to them. If they want to hold on to their culture so it doesn't die, more power to them. Not sure why this can't also apply to American culture. Only reason I can think of is how young it is, but then you look at Europe there is mass immigration there also.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It IS good to have other cultures but how far do we let things go when trying to keep your own cultures and traditions going.

I agree with you, but what if we define white culture nowadays as just a mix of many cultures, without it's own identity?
It kind of seems like that's how it may be...just thinking out loud. As a Canadian, we all joke around about eh and bacon, but i still see myself as scottish.
I would imagine it's comparable in the usa.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Don't tell me what I should do with your snide remarks. I will do what I please, you are free to express your opinion without telling other's what they should do or don't do.

If you think you have right to say what others should do then here is my response to you: Only if you were literate and would have moved out of your basement and would have "ever" stepped out of your states/ village boundary you would have realised what the whole world is about. Religious and political blogs don't teach that stuff, it's learn't from personal experience and interaction with people.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I have always looked at Canadian's culture as not really having any.
Our culture is about accepting other cultures in exchange of our own.
Our culture is accepting others.
We don't really have much culture as we are still young as a country as well.
As for white culture goes....shopping,movies and ordering pizza and buying brand name clothes is hardly culture LOL

Our culture does have alot of hockey in it tho.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

yes I agree.
The only way such an inclusive culture will survive is if those immigrating into it are of like mind.
...can't believe i forgot hockey.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
(A day in 2050)
*White man walks into a bar*

Man: I'll take a bud light please.

Bartender: WE DON'T SERVE YOUR KIND HERE!

Welcome to America...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I remember my humanities teacher getting all up in arms about how we are losing our Canadian identity and I stood up to ask "What exactly IS the Canadian identity." Circumlocution was her response as it always is when someone is asked to identify Canadian culture. For me I think Canadas cultural identity is having the carefree habit of accepting it all whether not we personally would have it. When I lived in etobicoke I saw muslim boys playing hockey in the parking lot of the mosque and it was that simple little thing that made me realise its not about being one thing or the other but live and let live. I'm a human and shes a human and your a human and as long as we do our best not to harm each other it should be alright.

the not harming one another thing we got a long way to go on but thats tied into societal and economic issues too broad for this post.

my 2 cents.

Cheers

[edit on 16-12-2009 by thebulldog]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
(A day in 2050)
*White man walks into a bar*

Man: I'll take a bud light please.

Bartender: WE DON'T SERVE YOUR KIND HERE!

Welcome to America...

Man: I'll burn this place to the ground ifyou don't give me that beer.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You can't be serious? This is all you see?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What I think is wrong is there's a concerted effort to promote mass immigration to predominantly white countries, but you do not see this same phenomenon in Asian countries. Japan is notoriously xenophobic, but you don't hear too many people talking about racist Japanese.

White people of all economic classes have done everything they can to make up for their "collective mistakes," only to be taken advantage of.

People of all races are really sad with how race relations started out in America and other parts of the world. Nobody can deny that. But then liberals turn this into a witch hunt and want to burn at the stake every white male they can find.

The fact is, white people are innovators and have invented a lot of important technology that makes modern life possible.

White people everywhere have the right to preserve the tribe. I believe that people are starting to realize this, and I don't think it will end well at all.

Somehow it is racist to want to live in a country with people who think, act, and look similar to you, but a Jew wanting a Jewish only state is not racist?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, I guess it's time for the white folk to start cranking out those healthy white babies. What's the matter. Can't hang. I recently relocated to the Netherlands. I have to wait 5 years before I can even apply for citizenship. And I have to assimilate i.e, learn the language, etc. I never quite got the idea of "white culture". Is that were the men wear polo shirts and dockers, and the gals do the desperate housewives thing while acting constipated all the time?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
When this America loses all it's white majority we will begin to lose any culture we have built up over the last 200 years.

Thank God! This materialistic, selfish, consumerist, intolerant, fast-food, immediate gratification, fearful, spoiled, corrupt culture is nothing to be proud of.

You know BH. I can almost live with a culture that defines itself as materialistic, selfish, consumerist, fast food, immediate gratification, fearful and spoiled......

But I see no redeeming value whatso ever in a culture that is corrupt and lies; with a great section of the populace that would rather believe the lies and live with the corruption than change. It's not the immigrants that will destroy this country; it's the apathy combined with arrogance.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by whaaa]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join