It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans' majority to end by mid-century

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

One question

Have you ever laid out in the sun to get a tan?

You and I both live in Chicago - go to Lake Michigan's beaches during the summer and count how many people are laying out getting "tanned".

Next research how many people use tanning booths and sun tan lotion.

Because a soul has no color and no gender (just the body) you can't decide who you are going to fall in love with.

We have so many other things to worry about that are monumental.

Mixing colors is really very superficial.

if you are worried about the power angle - this is not a "color" issue but rather a class issue.

Research - the same 13 families that have been ruling this planet ever since we were spilled out of the test tubes.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Yes you are most correct.

I have a personal story and maybe Yuki will read this and remember.

I went to Senior Prom with our foreign exchange student. He and I had been dating for a few months - Yuki was from Toyko.

He proudly sent a picture of him & I all decked out. Him in his tux and me in my pale mint green Juliet Prom Dress, back home (I am very Irish looking)

Some days later there was a knock on the Johnson's door (where Yuki was staying). It was his older brother Tojo. Tojo told Yuki to grab his coat and that his things would be sent for - just come right now I have two plane tickets back home, we leave in two hours.

He also said, "you are not to argue - say goodby and thank you". "Our parents are very upset with you".

End of story. He never wrote me back, never phoned.

Yuki was a very nice person. While the other boys wanted to drink beer, race cars and try to kissy face me - Yuki and I would study. I got straight A's (except a C in math) that year.

Yuki introduced me to Vivaldi, John Williams Waterhouse and traditional Japanese music and sushi long before it became the fad it is today.

That was almost 38 years ago. I still have the beautiful tea set he gave me that last Christmas we spent together.

The world needs to change.

We need to start worrying about the tens of thousands of babies starving to death each day, the millions of homeless people, the human slave trafficking that is still going on............so many real problems.

But yes I gave you a star you are most correct in your post.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by whaaa

I don't care whether a black, yellow, blue, green or white guy lives next door because as far as I know he is a human being and we all share only 1 planet called Earth in this infinite Universe.

what this guy said is the truth!

whats up with all these white threads? im not a white guy im human thanks.

And I co-sign....Really this is all it boils down to.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Well we all no why it was enacted,

What is the "it" you're talking about? What was enacted?

why is there still a need for it today

See above. What exactly are you talking about?

.......and yes I have read each post,,,,,,,

No you haven't. If you have, I'd say you're either willfully trolling, lack the capacity required to articulate your views or partaking in a lifestyle that you probably should refrain from partaking in.

how is comparing the two things off topic considering the title of this thread?

It's off topic because none of it has to do with whites no longer being the majority in 40 or 50 years. The original article, which I seriously doubt you actually read, pertains to immigration and how it is contributing to whites being the minority. Now if you want to toss in mortality and birth rates that would be acceptable, but black on white crime or white on black crime has nothing to do with it.

I was not comparing and contrasting the two, and if you've read my posts with a clear mind you would understand this simple truth.

In closing, I do not feel I'll be replying to you again. I'm wasting my time with someone who obviously wants to remain in the realm of the mentally deficient, and I have better things to do.

EMPIRE

[edit on 20-12-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I have 4 sons and we used to live on a quiet street with mostly white neighbors. About 10 years later the majority of the whites had left and we thought "that's fine, we're not racists". After the second drive by shooting on our street sprayed the house next to ours with bullets we decided to move. Did that make us racists?
Whether or not you're a racist, there are certain racial stereotypes that have a grain of truth to them. It seems a wild west gun culture has arisen among young black men and I don't care to be around that or have my kids aroung that. I teach them responsible firearm use. Let's face it; many stereotypes are true and it's those things that people react to, not the individuals themselves.
If I'm walking down a street late at night and see a group of young black or hispanic men would avoiding them make me a racist? Call me what you want but I will still have my life and my wallet.
I'm fine with all cultures and races but it isn't easy for any of us to see the general demographics change drastically. Change is, for most of us, scary.
That's all anyone here is saying.
Diversity is great, it's what has made AMerica great, but to lose the white part of our culture would still be a loss all the same.
Perhaps if they played Brahms on the speakers where I pump my gas I would feel differently. We are definitely losing some of what white culture has brought to the table.

Well said and I agree.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You and I both live in Chicago - go to Lake Michigan's beaches during the summer and count how many people are laying out getting "tanned".

I am not from Chicago.

Because a soul has no color and no gender (just the body) you can't decide who you are going to fall in love with.

I would not put it that way, color and rase are connected to culture and identity.
Once you are indian, white, black, chinese you won't know who you are anymore because you have no identity, no tradition or personal culture to
pick because you are all. It's true that identity of what you are may create wars betwen you and someone else that has another identity, but it also brings unity and honor, it brings original ideas and diversity to social gathering. Once everyone is the same it's like the same water.

Identity is related to your rase, more to your ethnic heritage than rase I would say, it shapes your character. If everyone is the same it's like saying I have a little of everything in me but nothing deep. In stead of having a stronger side you will have a bit of everything and everyone else
will have the same. Efficency has to do with something that you know at perfection, if everyone brings just a little bit of everything into perspective then there is not a lot to colect as in values, but if everyone is different and brings out the stronger side in them then there is a lot to colect from.

Your personal identity is how you grew up and what you are. Influence
plays a big role. If everyone applies the same values because everyone will be the same then we will have a dull sociaty.

Sets of rules are different from everyone, it's not that you are white, black and so on. It's because black, chinese, white and others develop each while growing up different values because they have different sets of values connected to their own culture and customs.

Can't have it all and be perfect at all but you can have something and be perfect at that while the other is perfect at something else.
The French will have better wines, you will never be better than the french because it's what they do. The Germans will always make more resistant
things because it's in their culture to do so, it's why they were able to do so much in WWII and recover so fast from World War II. They have it their blood. Indians will make beautiful things, clothing, art work just from manual work with their hands, you will never be better than an Indian at that because it's what they do as early as 4 years of age because it's culture, it's imprinted in them.

It is, you said it. It creates superficial elements. Superficial is everything.
When you know little about everything you are superficial because you know little from everything but you know nothing in detail.

if you are worried about the power angle - this is not a "color" issue but rather a class issue.

It's not really a rase issue but rather an ethnic issue. The british are different from Italians but they are all white. It's the mix of ethnic values that worry me. Once that is gone there is no tendency to excel in a specific domain because there is no group to connect to, just a vast majority.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by pepsi78

One question

Next research how many people use tanning booths and sun tan lotion.

We have so many other things to worry about that are monumental.

Research - the same 13 families that have been ruling this planet ever since we were spilled out of the test tubes.

I used to, but at no point was I desiring to look african or asian (nor could I without the aid of paint)

Now I am wiser I do not expose myself to sun needlessly

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by northexpedition
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Oh come on...

white culture:

pizza, Beethoven's 5th symphony, pretzels, philosophy, Die Hard, football,
human rights, Christianity, Atheism, theatre, space exploration, The Karate Kid, baseball, science fiction, hockey, cowboy boots, automobiles, airplanes, freedom of speech, G.I. Joe, television, Lassie, 80s sunglasses, suntan lotion (lolz), push-up bra, rock-n-roll, poker, Elvis, techno music, soccer, Star Wars, Leave it to Beaver, videogames, firearms, The Mona Lisa, democracy, beer

I could go on...

Ah, You FORGOT Jazz Music ...........The Greatest Multicultural American Gift to the World ....................................

[edit on 16-12-2009 by northexpedition]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join