It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor predicted the rise of Barack Obama as the Antichrist way back in 1970 !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm agnostic. Is there any proof of an anti-christ? Some would point to Hitler but he was just insane. He was a human with alot of power. He is proof of what one motivated HUMAN can do. If anyone can prove without a doubt that there is such a thing as an anti-christ (in a biblical sense and not just as a fun way of saying a "bad person") then I might put some thought into whether Obama is such a thing.

Now for some Heavy Speculation:
For Obama to capitalize on being the anti-christ, he would have to take power of the united states and become a dictator. The House and Senate aren't exactly full of reps who all support Obama. I would speculate (no proof) that a large portion of the US would see Obama as "doing no wrong" even if he made himself a Dictator. I would assume that there would be an equally large group of people that would oppose him. The military would be fractured. The states would remove themselves from the Union. Without the states, the Federal Government is nothing. The US military is not large enough to pull the State back together. Every free person with a gun would become a freedom fighter (Lets not get into a discussion gun ownership being taken away in the US).

Just some ideas.....

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
JESUS. when I read threads like this on ATS I remember why I don't visit as much. Religion really does make people completely insane and I don't think posters even know how crazy they sound. scary, sad stuff.

Who are you to call others insane?

I bet you are as ludicrous and wacky as any of them.

This hypocritical holier than thou attitude is sickening though.

How about an apology for being so judgmental and prejudice?

I won't hold my breath.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Israel Versus Iran

Obama did not bring anything to iran, and alot of splits in his own country.

So is he really.

I think personally obama is posessed with the same spirit, that has possessed all presidents of the usa.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
One of the stupidist threads yet here on the new Xtian version of ATS:

Things to note:

• The pastor never says Barrack Obama, so your thread title is a lie
  • The anti-christ is a myth, so you're delusional
  • Christians say this # all the time and they're always just making it up
  • The Youth Vote did NOT sweep Obama into power:

New figures released by the U.S. Census Bureau suggest that Obama & the Democrats surfed into power on a wave of across-the-board increased support for the left. Not the young.

According to the report, voter turnout for 18- to 24-year-olds increased, but only by about 2 percent compared with 2004 election numbers.

So it appears that the much ballyhooed "youth revolution" didn't quite pan out the way we all thought it did.

www.census.gov...

• Getting other nut-cases to agree with you isn't consensus. It's just sadlt predictable.

• posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
    link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by zerotime
    JESUS. when I read threads like this on ATS I remember why I don't visit as much. Religion really does make people completely insane and I don't think posters even know how crazy they sound. scary, sad stuff.

Who are you to call others insane?

I bet you are as ludicrous and wacky as any of them.

This hypocritical holier than thou attitude is sickening though.

How about an apology for being so judgmental and prejudice?

I won't hold my breath.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by muzzleflash]

How about apologizing for ruining America with your blood-lust, nonsensical policies and hatred.

I won't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:42 AM
    link   
    I think it's too cliche to think that the first BLACK President of the US would be the DARK King of the Anti-Christ.

God's got too much of an imagination for that to happen.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by LazyGuy]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
    link   
    Feel like I need to remind everyone that there is no mention of an Anti-Christ in the Book of Revelations.

The Book of Daniel describes the "Anti-Christ" as a ruler coming out of Syria.

Obama doesn't match the description in the Bible. The guy in the video is speculating based upon his own ill conceieved bias.

I hate crap like this. These claims are sensationalistic and only serve to further divide a country in turmoil.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
    link   
    Yeesh, it's a mighty slow day, or so far, at ATS! This ultra-BS thread and 2 others - one an obvious hoax and the other obvious BS - are naturally the 3 most popular ones at the moment. Not good when the quality of this site degrades to this level. Feed us something with real SUBSTANCE, dammit!

My overall take on the whole "Antichrist"-believing mentality is this: Religious (enough) people, who virtually by definition lack enough intelligence and/or imagination, are brainwashed, in this particular scenario, into believing that ANYONE who, at least hypothetically, would come forward with something decidedly GOOD and MEANINGFUL is automatically evil. Brilliant, geniuses... And if I need to be clear, I positively don't believe Obama is any type of savior figure.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:10 AM
    link   

Why not focus on something meaningful like:

*would Jesus want universal health care for the sick, average, young and old of God's earthly children?

*would Jesus advocate for war in Afghanistan and Iraq?

*would Jesus approve of a massive tax cut for the richest among us?

*would Jesus say that a health care system should be for profit?

*would Jesus approve of the death penalty?

*would Jesus lock-up people for smoking marijuana?

*would Jesus mock a presidential candidate for being a community organizer?

Why not focus on living your life for today, and work within the system to make the world more Jesus like, instead of waiting for the rapture like it's the next reality TV show?

Best,
    Skunknuts

[edit on 12/15/2009 by skunknuts]

Who ever said that we weren't living our lives or weren't working within the system? And how do you know what these people do outside of this forum? I don't have to agree with the main message of this forum but you can't let this group misrepresent the greater part of the christian faith. I belong to a church who receives an abundance of resources outside of our tiny community and we give back internationally. My church just built six orphanages in China this year, 4 in Nicaragua, and several more in Venezuala. And I don't think you can ask us to even conceive of how Jesus would judge another mans actions. However we know his word, which tells us what we should do. And in His word it tells us to be watchful. Read Mark Chapter 13 in the New Testament.

More importantly we all should be trying to do more for him everyday. He sacrificed himself to save fallen man, so that we all could be amongst God. So keep youself in check and do not worry about what others do, for Jesus Christ is the reconciler of mans spirit and all things according to God's will shall come to past. Until then live your lives for him.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:13 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Doc Velocity

If every person on this planet could have a chance to read this post of yours, the world just might change for the better. But than again, as you seem to already know, unfortunately it's gonna take alot more than that to turn things around.

Very well said.

All that I have to offer you is this star although you deserve so much more. Perhaps you should have been the one to accept the nobel piece prize in Norway, and I mean that sincerely.Something tells me very soon, you will receive the greatest gift you could ever imagine.You are absolutely right that everyone is in for a big surprise soon. I am sorry to say, they have it ALL wrong. In fact things are the opposite of what they should be.

I hope everyone has enjoyed their stay at the "top", because it sure is going to hurt when they come tumbling down.

To the OP, great thread, I feel right at home here.S&F.

~ Zeus

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Zeus2573]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:18 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

I believe this to be common knowledge. I have more information

heres my youtube stuff. I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIND THE YOUTUBE NUMBER TO PLOT IT ON THE THREAD
    YES WE CAN/THANK YOU SATAN

The scareist part is when he mentions Animus and saids "I can almost hear myself misleading"

That's just silly! (and that means the same thing backwards)

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:25 AM
    link   
    Not that I believe it, but interesting anyway.

Did Jesus give us the name of Satan?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
    link   
    If I search hard enough, I am sure I could find evidence where people were saying that Reagan, Bush, or Clinton was the Antichrist. I bet History channel could even have a special on it with a little Nostradamus thrown in.

Unless the prediction states specific details, I would just think its a vague prediction waiting for a situation it might slightly fit. There is no reason he could not be more specific. I really don't think anyone in the 1970s had to purposely make their prediction vague like Nostradamus. People were allowed to sound nutty without the fear of arrest during the 70s.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:55 AM
    link   
    Well none of this would ever happen if you just didn't believe in GOD, which no one should because our world is a mess and has been corrupted by greed and manipulation. There is no such thing as the Anti-Christ because Christ himself was just a normal old Joe. I highly doubt that Obama is the " Anti-Christ" but if they try to portray him as such....hopefully it will get rid of all the religious cooks in the world and we can all move on as ONE race and live in peace rather than argue over whos GOD is real or not. There is way to much negativity surrounding religion. We do not need that right now. Live a good life, experience everything you can and be good to other people. We don't need to be told these things, we already know how to do it. TIME TO WAKE UP.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
    link   
    reply to post by skunknuts

yes all wonderful charity, as it should be. Having the gov. force us to be charitable doesn't count.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:08 AM
    link   
    The churchs keep saying that because they know the knowledge will come to mankind, and one day everyone will see that religion is all deceiving . They sell one product that has no cost to manufacture ( faith ).

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:16 AM
    link   

Originally posted by seethelight

• The pastor never says Barrack Obama, so your thread title is a lie
  • The anti-christ is a myth, so you're delusional
  • Christians say this # all the time and they're always just making it up
  • The Youth Vote did NOT sweep Obama into power:

• It's not made up, it's in scrolls my friend
    Anti christ is not a myth. You don't have to be religious to believe. remeber that word. Spiritual. Yes I am spiritual and yes I believe in the old and new testament. Septuigent/torah/prophets/messiah.

Let's be real about these books, everything in them happened! the prophets have told the truth and the light of the way was revealed. If you have read the bible you will see all the connections throughout different books and the connections within them. The thing is, the messiah came that was promised to david/ezekial/Isaiah and the likes. We see mircule workings that happened within them and this is clear to those who have read it. Although it is up to choice if you believe in it. I don't think a Jewish person within the new century would create such a thing as a make believe story of jesus to create a new world of spiritual faith. If this was all made up from some Jewish group than why all the blood shed?

Understand that every book in the bible has come to pass and became true in some light or another. Now we are at a tipping point in revelation.

It's just an opinion. but when a book speaks truth such as nostradomus, edgar cacye and the ancient words of men than yes I do believe

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:23 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Primordial

thanks for the YouTube

it is interesting,
    but the words #1299 and #1116 come nowhere near #666
    but thought provoking to click a star, thanks

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
    link   
    I have a good case for those who don't believe the ancient prophets. If you can't trust the past(ancient man) how can you trust the present (modern man?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
    link   
    stupid thread, didn't they say George W., Bill Clinton, GB sr., and pretty much every single president before are all the anti christs?

Not that an anti christ exists or ever will exist.

Originally posted by Jordan River
    I have a good case for those who don't believe the ancient prophets. If you can't trust the past(ancient man) how can you trust the present (modern man?

Are you serious Jordan River? I just can't stop shaking my head at that, I just feel so much pity for you.

Once the world realizes that there is no such thing as good and evil, that is when heaven and hell, jesus and satan, are all just imaginary characters.

Many people have been named as the anti-christ. Why? The terms and conditions of being the anti christ are extremely vague. I can't name all of them off the top of my head, but some of them (like .. known by the world and loved by many or some bologna like that) are just so funny and vague.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by fordrew]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join