It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor predicted the rise of Barack Obama as the Antichrist way back in 1970 !!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
The Antichrist is supposed to be mistaken for the returned Messiah — he (or she) is supposed to deceive everyone into believing this, with the exception of a very few truly faithful Christians.

Thus far, Obama has not fooled anyone with his awkward and inexperienced efforts at "leadership"... His approval rating has fallen to 44% in the United States alone, and the rest of the world has an even worse opinion of him. Even those who once supported him are fleeing from his rapidly-failing presidency.

This does not fit the description of the Antichrist at all.

There is no way Barack Hussein Obama is going to miraculously have the world groveling at his feet now or at any time in the future. He's just a political hack and the token black hood ornament for the Democrat Party, and everyone is coming to realize that now.

— Doc Velocity

If someone shoots him in the head and he does not die you can bet your last nickel he will be called messiah. Obama is the Anti-Christ.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Israel Versus Iran

Ohh, for goodness sake get a grip.

A young man

A charming man

Black or white or in between.

Well If I'd heard that last year I could have thought "Hey, what the hell, sounds like Michael Jackson".

Wasn't Bush the Antichrist last season.

Dude you're being lied to jesus yahweh is imaginary.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

Sorry to say this.

The holy books prophecies of both Christianity and Islam mention that
1. Antichrist will rule from Israel. Obama is still in USA.
2. Antichrist will win the hearts of people around the world. His charm/offer will be extremely diffcult to resist. I still find Obama as another lame US President.

Sorry Obama is definitely not the Antichrist. It's still a long way to go.

He will rule from there when he convinces them to build the temple soon after the peace deal. Funny how people seem to not know is that the ensign for the tribe of Dan was an EAGLE!!!!

The tribe of Dan also always sat at the eastern flank of the tabernacle, today we still do.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Ohh, for goodness sake get a grip.

A young man

A charming man

Black or white or in between.

Well If I'd heard that last year I could have thought "Hey, what the hell, sounds like Michael Jackson".

Wasn't Bush the Antichrist last season.

Dude you're being lied to jesus yahweh is imaginary.

How do you explain what the ancient prophets have said. The pope that wrote out all popes after him? How do you explain a bleeding statue, how do you explain miricules that happen everyday around you? how do you explain a miricule rock (i assume in israel although I haven't watched that dvd of mine in awhile) that when it's ground up can become a healing potion? How do you explain these things that have happened? Then you have your edgar cacye, Nostradomus. Are these people loons to you as well? i'm curious.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I can go one further and say that in 1976 on A.M. Washington a local D.C. ABC's Channel morning talk show that a Catholic Priest who worked at the Vatican was appearing in regards to the popularity of the movie the Excorcist that had just come out at the Box Office and was asked about what the Vatican thought about the possibility of the Anti-Christ.

The Priest replied that the Anti-Christ was thought to be alive and a teenager and possibly living in Chicago.

Having said that, I don't think Obama was living in Chicago at that time.

It's an endearing story for the ages though, and I doubt there has been a generation of mankind since the story of Revelations was published that didn't imagine the anti-Christ was living in their times.

Of course with my luck...

Can you find that video? or an article?
I cant! I must see it

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

Yeah, I need to see that too.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

From my understanding,the "mortal wound" refers to the Catholic Church coming back into power!

From nicholaspogm.wordpress.com...

QUOTE:

...."Vatican wound healing unquestionably (updated)

December 2, 2009 — Nicholas

It seems the prophecied beast of Daniel and Revelation has just taken a giant step closer to her prophecied healing by enacting Sunday Laws in Germany.

High court reaffirms ban on Sunday shopping
Sunday will no longer be an option for Christmas shoppers. Ruling in favor of the Catholic and Lutheran churches, Germany’s highest court has found that the city of Berlin’s ten shopping Sundays a year go against the constitutional protection of Sundays as a day of rest.

Germany’s Constitutional Court ruled on Tuesday that shops must close on Sundays, and that legislation in Berlin allowing for ten shopping Sundays was unconstitutional. Germany’s Basic Law protects Sunday and public holidays as “days of rest from work and of spiritual improvement.” -Editor: DW-World.de December 2, 2009

Germany had Sunday laws since 1919, however in 2006 they allowed for 10 Sundays a year for shops to be open. But 24 hours after the Lisbon Treaty, (EU Constitution) was ratified, Rome reaffirmed Sunday laws as an obvious show of both political as well as prophecied strength. The opening of shops on Sundays suddenly became “unconstitutional” thanks to Rome’s influence in writing that constitution! Now that they did this in Germany using their new Constitution as a foundation, soon all EU nations will follow suit. After all, they all have the same Constitution as of December 1, 2009. As I have been saving for years, the EU is a testing grounds for Rome. Using the Lutheran church along with the Vatican is a bold move by Satan to try and suppress the work of Martin Luther who had the spiritual insight to target the Vatican as the house of Antichrist when he posted his 95 Thesis on October 31, 1517, which later allowed so many to see this prophecied truth as Scriptural fact. Eventually the mortal wound was administered by Napoleon in 1798ad, in the exact year that Daniel 7:25, Revelation 12:6, & 13:5 predicted it would happen. That being said, I wonder if scoffers will still proclaim Sunday Laws to be a bogus prophecy of Sabbath keeping Christians. If it’s so bogus, why is the Vatican doing exactly as prophecy said they would? Will this Sunday law spread globally? The American Constitution is already being whittled away, and as I reported in the September 2009 Newsletter, Obama supporters have already started a Sunday Law campaign here in America.

“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change (Saturday Sabbath to Sunday) was her act... And the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things.” H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons. Nov. 11, 1895

“Sunday is our MARK or authority. . .the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact” Catholic Record of London, Ontario Sept 1,1923."...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I considered this information to provide a much-needed link connecting what is happening in the world today. I could be wrong,but it makes sense.

You have to read the whole article to get the overall picture!

From
www.watchmanbiblestudy.com...

QUOTE:

"How the Vatican Created Islam"

.....VW Disclaimer: Posting of this section is not to suggest that VW's editor assumes everything in it is true. I don't know, and have no way of verifying. It was forwarded by a subscriber, and it is offered here for your interest and discernment, along with the link to where it originates. However, while little details may vary slightly, from source to source, its basic thrust seems to be corroborated by other sources such as tuppersaussy.com, and others I have read from time to time.

It is offered because its claims are so out-of-the-mainstream understanding of history. And yet, when a person reads it, and observes current events, it begins to make sense; much in the same way a person might wonder about a life-time of a relative's aberrant behavior, and then one day to be told some little bit of information about some event that happened in that person's life that seems initially to be so outlandish as to be unbelievable...but when a person considers with a calm/rational mind, that little bit of information becomes the "key" to understanding that person's entire life.

Consider how Islam is so (supposedly) "anti-Christian" as to persecute and martyr Christians around the world, and yet, terrorist Arafat has made pilgrimages to the Vatican, and when the pope visited the Holy Land a few years ago, his primary message was in support of the plight of the downtrodden so-called "Palestinians". For being such a staunch "Muslim" and fighting "Jihad" (Islamic holy war), Arafat has been seen attending (catholic) masses; and has made public statements about how their Jihad has not sought to destroy Catholicism's icons and shrines, that he would "never" do such a thing...even proclaiming a certain veneration for the "virgin Mary" and her statues.

As we have been seeing this seemingly "strange bed-fellow" relationship between the Vatican and Islam, and we see -two- interrelated "beasts" in Revelation ch13, it would do us good to read the following, and keep its data in our minds as we continue observing world events unfold."...

Add that to Revelation 6:7,about the "pale horse" whose rider is named "death".

"Pale" actually translates to "green".
(Green is the color of Islam)
www.religionfacts.com...

(Islam referred to as a "Culture of Death)
www.aynrand.org...

Consider Revelation 20:4

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

It's like the pieces of the puzzle start to form a complete picture,at least to me they do.

Something to think about?!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
well ,for my 22 million ,I reckon it's the lawless Bill Clinton

who began US collapse in 1991 !

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
He might be white or black or in-between (Obama's "in-between")
He could be young or old (Obama's young)
He may be tall or short or medium (Obama's tall)
He might have hair or be bald (Obama has hair!)

It's GOT to be Obama!

Unfortunately, everyone in the world could fit into these descriptions...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What I find funny is the use of the word 'negro'. I'll bet he wanted to say something else just like most white people who use the word negro.lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I find it funny that the bible gives precise characteristics of the anti-Christ, none of which apply to the usual suspects, and so-called "believers" ignore it. No, Obama is not the anti-Christ,nor is anyone else that is constantly being viewed as suspect in these threads. He has either come, i.e Hitler or Nero, or he is to come in the future.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The Christ/Messiah and his prophets predicted jesus would be the anti-christ/beast. That is why he prophesied "Lord, Lord why have you forsaken me." It was not the Messiah that was forsaken it is jesus that is going to be forsaken. That is why his name adds up to 616 and the image of the beast is revealed with 666 and that is the crucifix.
More Info

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

I looked at your link.

What exactly were we supposed to see?

Are you saying that Jesus prophesied HIMSELF to be the Anti-Christ?

Please clarify what you meant.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
OH MY GOD!! Those sweeping generalities are the only proof I need! How could I have been so blind?!!!

This is why people who cling to superstition should never be taken seriously.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

And one more thing...

An atheist who quotes the Bible still aint goin' to Heaven.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/15/2009 by Doc Velocity]

Err, an athiest doesn't believe in heaven, so that's not really going to bother us.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, that is a fake prophecy that has been carried out for too long.
I think you can call Antichrist, anybody who commits a crime against humanity. However, the notion of one antichrist coming at the end of the world, sounds like a fake prophecy to keep people scared... If you ask me, Hitler fitted that profile just perfectly. Just because the world didn't end, doesn't mean he wasn't an antichrist (if we put the term in context)... In other words, there are many, and it's just a term used to describe these kind of people...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

The site is a reference source in the making as it is stated. It is supposed to clarify a couple of key points.

1. We believe the Messiah spoken of in the OT/Tanach is the one spoken of in the NT that is what the Truth/Christ/Messiah link helps to substantiate.

2. We believe there is an imposter that is spoken of in the scriptures and we are laying out the information pertaining to it in the deception/antichrist/imposter link.

for anyone to claim the Messiah would prophecy himself to be the antichrist would seem they themselves would be anti christ. However, the scriptures do prophecy the coming of an anti-christ/beast(s)/false prophet.

Some key points pertaining to the anti-christ have been started to be laid out. The first part explains the beginnings of the antichrist.

Acts 20:30 Men will arise from among your own selves, speaking perverse things

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false emissaries, deceitful workers, masquerading as Messiah’s emissaries.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Messiah to a different “good news”; 1:7 and there isn’t another “good news.” Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Good News of Messiah.

There are much more like these but the point is the deception is nothing that was started recently or will be started in the future. It is a perversion of the truth that actually started way back then, has persisted up till now, and will continue on into the future.

Another part shows that the antichrist/beast has an image made of itself and people worship it.

Revelation 13:14 ...saying to those who dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast who had the sword wound and lived.

Revelation 14:11 ...They have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.

However another part of this section shows idolotry is unacceptable.

Exodus 20:4 “You shall not make for yourselves an idol, nor any image of anything that is in the heavens above

Deuteronomy 4:16 Lest you corrupt yourselves, and make yourself an engraved image in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female

Acts 17:29 Being then the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold, or silver, or stone, engraved by art and design of man.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 and traded the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man...

image a reproduction or imitation of the form of a person or thing; especially : an imitation in solid form : statue
Merriam Webster

idol1 : a representation or symbol of an object of worship; broadly : a false god
2 a : a likeness of something b obsolete : pretender, impostor
3 : a form or appearance visible but without substance
4 : an object of extreme devotion ; also : ideal 2
5 : a false conception : fallacy
Merriam Webster

They call the churches houses of God, or God's house but he says

Acts 7:48 ...the Most High doesn’t dwell in temples made with hands

Their doctrines are not bible based though many are deceived into believing they are. When they are questioned about it they tell their followers they just have to have faith. That is not faith. That's ignorance.

The Messiah said many would come in HIS NAME. Well a rose is a rose by any other name but a lie is a lie no matter what you name it, even if it is named jesus. that is why jesus=616 & 666=the crucifix. One must remember it is a DECEPTION. There is a lot more but this is the end of our 4000 maximum characters.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Really?

Come on...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
Why not focus on something meaningful like:
*would Jesus want universal health care for the sick, average, young and old of God's earthly children?

No, he wouldn't. Everybody dies, and Christ's main concern is where they spend eternity, not how they fare on Earth.

*would Jesus advocate for war in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Sure, why not? The evil dictators in Iraq and Afghanistan and Iran and Syria and Jordan are, unequivocally, the enemies of Israel. Last time I checked, Christ was the King of the Jews, not the anti-semitic Muslim fanatics.

*would Jesus approve of a massive tax cut for the richest among us?

Again, why not? The richest among us give more to charity, sign our paychecks , and pay far more taxes than 90% of the rest of us. The wealthiest among us make our quality of life possible.

*would Jesus say that a health care system should be for profit?

Jesus wouldn't approve of a "health care system" in the first place.

*would Jesus approve of the death penalty?

Without the death penalty, Christ wouldn't have risen from the dead, and he wouldn't have become our Saviour. Christ knew he was walking into the death penalty, and he did it anyway, then forgave us. Death penalty doesn't faze Christ at all.

*would Jesus lock-up people for smoking marijuana?

Christ advocated obeying the law of the land. Christ's kingdom is in Heaven, while Earth is the kingdom of Man and Satan. Christ said to obey the law of Man while you're on Earth.

*would Jesus mock a presidential candidate for being a community organizer?

Christ wouldn't care. Christ himself was mocked for being a "community organizer," and he was crucified for it eventually. Christ didn't care, and he forgave the entire human race.

— Doc Velocity

You're supposed to be a smiley at the end to let everyone know you are joking otherwise you sound like a right wing fanatical nutter.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join