It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor predicted the rise of Barack Obama as the Antichrist way back in 1970 !!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

While I in no way follow your line of reasoning,thank you for responding to my request.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

While I in no way follow your line of reasoning,thank you for responding to my request.

You are welcome. As for us we find it difficult to understand why what we see as so obvious is difficult for others to follow. We wouldn't mind a little dialog from you or anyone else to help figure out why this would be. Would you be up for it?

It is kind of interesting that we work for a gentleman that was in a d&d automobile accident a few years back. He ended up with TBI and quadriplegia and uses a wheelchair for his main means of mobility. I helped him put together a website called Backside of the Edge. It was about the other side of livin life on the edge. the reason it is called the edge in the first place. Just an interesting side note.

As for the anti-christ. It seems people get hung up on Jesus being the name of the anti-christ. Why would that seem so difficult? It is understood by many the name was Hebrew and was something like yeshua, yehoshua, or the like. This translated into Greek to something like Iesous and then into Latin Iesus and then to English as Jesus. However, the same name in Hebrew translated to English as Joshua. Realistically Jesus and Joshua could be interchanged and actually are in most translations of the New Testament. Please continue to bear with us but do you follow along with this so far?

In fact Jesus/Joshua/yeshua was a very common name even at that time and was also given to the Messiah. There are even those who believe Barabbas was actually Jesus Barabbas (with many believing the name Barabbas means son of the father). The bible talks about a Jesus who was called Justis and another character, a sorcerer, called Bar-Jesus. Are there any questions up to this point?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by The Riley Family]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You should all watch the series called ''The Arrivals''
whoever Hasn't, I highly recommend it.

While it is coming from a Muslims perspective, give Islam a chance to explain to you who is the anti-christ, and you will learn that based on the teachings, and the authentic sayings and narrations of the prophet Muhammad regarding the antichrist, they relate so closely to the nature of the freemasons. And after watching ''the Arrivals'' It really connects a lot of puzzles together. Its really worth the watch.

This series is not one-sided, as its main purpose is to unite all people against our real enemies.

You dont have to believe everything ofcourse, but there is alot of good valuable information for you to further research and investigate for yourself.

I can tell you now, Obama is just another Puppet, being controlled by the ellites. The freemasons are working for the NWO, which is the Antichrist's system.
It makes sense when you watch the Arrivals.

here is the ATS video links:
media.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace to all

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you guys, but the bible never said the anti christ would be american. Obama is not the first leader who has been young, handsome, intelligent, a good communicator, of mixed origins, etc etc etc, Not only this country but this world has plenty of leaders former and present who have matched this list to the t.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Thanks for the offer,but I'm probably not the greatest debater!

I am,however,firm in my belief that the "antichrist" will arise from the Church of Rome,as that is what scripture has revealed.

Your line of reasoning rather makes my head spin!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

sorry! Double post!

[edit on 17-12-2009 by On the Edge]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You cannot be serious? Another Obama Antichrist thread? Really?

Did you write this thread with a straight face or were you giggling to yourself as you wrote it?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I am,however,firm in my belief that the "antichrist" will arise from the Church of Rome,as that is what scripture has revealed.

Your line of reasoning rather makes my head spin!

We're definately not out to make heads spin, turn to the truth indeed, but not spin. You say your belief is firm that the "antichrist" will arise from the Church of Rome. Whether what you say is the case directly, indirectly, or not at all as a matter of fact it's true. The Basilica of St. John Lateran in Rome claims to be the head and mother church of all churches in the world. On the façade of the basilica an inscription in Latin reads, “the mother and mistress of all churches of Rome and the world.” Who is the head of this mistress? It is certainly not President Barak Obama but rather Jesus.

Matthew 24:4 ...“Be careful that no one leads you astray. 24:5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will lead many astray.

Mark 13:5 ...“Be careful that no one leads you astray. 13:6 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and will lead many astray.

Luke 21:8 He said, “Watch out that you don’t get led astray, for many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is at hand.’ Therefore don’t follow them.

What name is used to lead "many" astray?

[edit on 18-12-2009 by The Riley Family]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Israel Versus Iran
Is it just me, or was this Pastor describing the rise to power of Obama perfectly?
Things to take a note of in the audio are:
*Predicted a 'strong personality' to come onto the global scene to unite the world.

It's just you. You are presuming that Obama is the Antichrist and then looking for aspects of his life that are consistent with this prophecy, which itself requires that you assume first there is or ever will be an Antichrist and this guy's "prophecy" is true - neither of which have any evidence whatsoever. Your so-called "detailed" predictions are so generic that almost any popular politician or public leader could be encompassed by them, from JFK to Hitler.

*Was 1970 when the sermon was preached, and the pastor said that he believed that the antichrist may be a 'little boy' at the moment. Obama was 9 years old at the time.

Obama was kid at the time so he must be that kid? Okay. The population of the Earth at that time was approximately 3.7 billion, with almost 30% being under the age of 15. All popular politicians or public figures were once children, so your criteria is overly inclusive to the extreme. Obama has not been the first nor will he be the last popular figure. People don't vote for people they don't like.

*The Pastor said "that man is becoming a charming person" ... Barack Obama is with out a doupt a very charming person.

This means about as much as an assertion that the Antichrist will have two legs and two eyes. How many people on Earth are charming? What percentage of the currently serving and ELECTED politicians would be considered charming by at least a majority of their constituents - Probably a great number, as being charming is sort of prerequisite for encouraging people to like you and vote for you.

*Said he shall be a young man... Barack Obama is young to hold the highest office in the world. Normally Presidents are older and more experienced.

You've just repeated the same mistake as I described above. However, here you are redefining the word "young" to include the age of 48. How many people do you think would agree with your definition of young? Not many - 48 is OLD! You want Obama to fit under your prophecy so you are unilaterally deciding that not only is 48yo is young but also that your psychic priest would see 48yo as young too.

*Said the 'youth movement' would sweep him in to power... Without a doupt this describes Obama's campaign for the Presidency perfectly, where the media marvelled as for the first time the youth of America came out in droves to support a presidental candidate.

What? You've just previously classified "young" as 48yo, but now you seem to have begun using it to refer to people in their 20s. Also, your assertion that so many young people have never before voted in a presidential election. This is not true.
Youth Voting Trends

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/580991a9b1ec.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can plainly see, more young people (ages 18-24) voted in 1972 than in 2008. The number has roughly danced around 50% for decades and the 2008 number is certainly not an outlier in this trend. Obama is a younger president and probably the first to fully embrace technology in life - from his blackberry texting to his frequent use of new communications mediums like the internet, especially youtube. As a result, it is hardly surprising that young people would find him more accessible.

*Said he wouldn't be suprised if he was a 'negro', or 'some where in between' ... again this matches Obama who is half negro and half white.

That broad category includes everyone in the United States with at least one African-American parent. That population is enormous! However, your psychic priest never said the Antichrist would be an American and Africa alone has a population of 925 million, in addition to the tens of million in the United States.

"Wouldn't be surprised" is supposed to be a prediction? I wouldn't be surprised if another popular black guy came along and people liked him enough to vote for him. I wouldn't be surprised if a popular politician turned out to be a guy with brown hair at some point either. When any politician with brown hair comes along, remember that I accurately predicted it.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I have a good case for those who don't believe the ancient prophets. If you can't trust the past(ancient man) how can you trust the present (modern man?

That's an easy answer - i don't trust ancient or modern prophets. I trust people who make arguments and reach conclusions based on objective evidence, regardless of when they lived. I certainly don't give much weight to a guy listing common characteristics of a hypothetical man, as if they are sufficient to reasonably narrow down a list of appropriate candidates.

This thread is nonsense. It's just provides one more innocent explanation to those who hate and mistrust Obama for no other reason but his race. Racists in denial will contemplate any scenario that allows them to conceal their true feelings.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

The Pope claims authority that is not his to claim! He "stands in the place of God",but he is filled with blasphemy!

From
www.remnantofgod.org...

QUOTE:

...."The Bull Unam Sanctam... Issued by POPE BONIFACE VIII reads as follows: "The Roman Pontiff judges all men, but is judged by no one. We declare, assert, define and pronounce: to be subject to the Roman Pontiff is to every human creature necessary for salvation that which was spoken of Christ 'thou has subdued all things under his feet' may well seem verified in me... I have the authority of the King of Kings. I am all in all and above all, so that God himself and I, the vicar of God, have but one consistory, and I am able to do all that God can do."

"The Saviour Himself is the door of the sheepfold: 'I am the door of the sheep.' Into this fold of Jesus Christ, no man may enter unless he be led by the Sovereign Pontiff; and only if they be united to him can men be saved, for the Roman Pontiff is the Vicar of Christ and His personal representative on earth." (Pope John XXIII in his homily to the Bishops and faithful assisting at his coronation on November 4, 1958)."....

What "bible" are you reading? The Book of Revelation is clear about this,in my opinion. I could list many sources to back this up.

Maybe I missed it,but where are you getting your ideas from?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
o.bamapost.com...

I'm sharing this,not because I necessarily believe Obama is "the" antichrist,but because I think others might find it as intriguing as the "Yes,We Can"/"Thank you,Satan" video.

It claims Obama has a pentagram on the back of his head!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

o.bamapost.com...

I'm sharing this,not because I necessarily believe Obama is "the" antichrist,but because I think others might find it as intriguing as the "Yes,We Can"/"Thank you,Satan" video.

Fukking stupid.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am not religious and I haven't a clue whether there is such a thing as 'the antichrist'. But if there was, Obama, as the leader of (probably) the most powerful nation in the world has to be a contender. Also, to get to be President, my take is that you have to have money and/or connections.
So many people like to believe this was a victory for democracy. Sorry but the presidential election in USA doesn't have a whole lot to do with democracy.
That's my take as a Brit - shout at me if you want!
At the beginning I found Obama very charismatic. But now I just have this gut feeling. He is way too smooth. He makes my flesh creep. This man is not what he makes out to be.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

o.bamapost.com...

It also has articles about Hymns to Hitler and other comparisons that are so easy to make if you can twist things the right way. Just what I would have expected from a "religious" website.

Love him or hate him (I tend to hate the man) Obama is here and here to stay for the short term. While I do not believe this man is any saviour or anti-saviour, he is dangerous, he does need to be impeached, but done so at the rule of OUR laws in the US, not by religious nuts standing up and proclaiming that something that could easily be a lens flare is the sign that he is the antichrist and is pure evil incarnate.

Religion aside, there is very little proof one way or the other that his power over people is unlimited and unquestioned. And for the argument to have any merit, it would have to be unlimited, unquestioned and all encompassing..

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

The "Hymns to Hitler" you commented on was about the schoolchildren back then singing songs about Hitler! Obviously making a comparison to the "hymns" sung to Obama in schools today.(Not much "twisting" needed,if you ask me!)

From
o.bamapost.com...

....."In those days, in my homeland, Adolph Hitler was elected to power by promising "Change." He blamed the "Zionists" around the world for all our problems. He told everyone it was greedy Zionist Bankers who had caused every problem we had. He promised when he was leader, the greedy Zionist bankers would be punished. The Zionists, he promised, would be wiped off the face of the earth.

So Hitler was elected to power by only 1/3 the popular vote. A coalition of other political parties in parliament made him supreme leader. Then, when he was leader, he disgraced and expelled everyone in parliament who did not go along with him.

Yes. Change came to my homeland as the new leader promised it would. The teachers in German schools began to teach the children to sing songs in praise of Hitler. This was the beginning of the Hitler Youth movement. It began with praise of the Fuhrer's programs on the lips of innocent children. Hymns in praise of Hitler and his programs were being sung in the schoolrooms and in the playyard. Little girls and boys joined hands and sang these songs as they walked home from school.

My brother came home and told Papa what was happening at school. The political hymns of children proclaimed Change was coming to our homeland and the Fuhrer was a leader we could trust.".....

However,my main post regarding this site was to reference the video about the Pentagram,because people might find it intriguing.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by On the Edge]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Another "twist" comparing Hitler to Obama,or just a remarkable coincidence?

From www.newswithviews.com...

QUOTE:

......"Because it is true that any significant public political event requires both forethought and symbolic meaning, the location where Obama gave his Berlin speech in front of Berlin’s Victory Column contributed to O’Brien’s conclusions. The site was offensive to educated Germans as well as to Christians and Jews because of its ties to Adolf Hitler and the Nazis. It was nevertheless oddly appropriate, for it was upon this exact location that Hitler had planned to enthrone himself in the Welthauptstadt Germania—the new "World Capital" upon winning World War II.

During the 1930s, Hitler commissioned Albert Speer "the first architect of the Third Reich" to design the new capital. As part of the plans, the "Siegessäule" or Berlin Victory Column—a 226-foot monument topped by a golden winged figure representing Borussia, the female personification of Prussia, and Victoria, the cult goddess of military victory—was removed from its location in front of the Reichstag building in 1939 and relocated to its current location in the Tiergarten, a 495 acre park in the middle of Berlin where Obama gave his speech in front of the Nazi symbol.

Rainer Brüderle, deputy leader of the liberal political party Free Democrats in Germany complained to the newspaper Bild am Sonntag: "The Siegessäule in Berlin was moved to where it is now by Adolf Hitler. He saw it as a symbol of German superiority and of the victorious wars against Denmark, Austria and France." This represented a serious question In Brüderle’s mind as to "whether Barack Obama was advised correctly in his choice of the Siegessäule as the site to hold a speech on his vision for a more cooperative world." [3] Another German politician named Andreas Schockenhoff was equally disturbed, saying, "It is a problematic symbol."[4]

Evidently it was not problematic for Obama, who stood in front of it and saluted the German audience in a way eerily similar to what Adolf Hitler used to do, followed by thousands returning the salute, which is against German law. When Obama ended his speech in front of the war goddess, he said, "With an eye toward the future, with resolve in our hearts, let us remember this history, and answer our destiny, and remake the world once again." This is exactly what Hitler had promised to do and exactly where he had planned to memorialize it.

Of greater significance and not far from where Obama delivered his rousing speech, is the Great Altar of Zeus in the Pergamon Museum. According to several reports, Obama visited the Great Altar while in Berlin, which is especially important given what he did on returning to the United States. Before we examine Obama’s revealing actions, consider carefully what the Bible says about the Altar of Zeus in the letter to the church in Pergamos (Pergamum, Pergamon).

"And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges; I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and has not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth" (Rev. 2:12-13).

In the Greek, the phrase "where Satan’s seat is" literally means, "where a throne to Satan is." Scholars identify this throne or ‘seat’ as the Great Altar of Zeus that existed in Pergamos at that time. So important was the worship of Zeus in ancient Pergamos that perpetual sacrifices were offered to him upon the towering and famous 40-foot high altar. Antipas, the first leader and martyr of the early Christian church is believed to have been slain on this altar, slowly roasting to death inside the statue of a bull, the symbol and companion of Zeus. The phrase in Revelation 2:13 "wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth" is considered a citation of this event.

Approximately two-thousand years after Revelation 2:13 was written, German archeologists removed the massive altar of Zeus from the ruins of Pergamos and took it to Berlin, where it was restored as the centerpiece of the Pergamon Museum. It is here that Hitler first adored it, later building an outdoor replica of it from which he gave a series of speeches that mesmerized many Germans.

"Fast forward about another 75 years," says blogger El Gallo. "Another charismatic young politician mesmerizes huge German crowds with a rousing speech in Berlin. Barack Hussein Obama…. [and] did Barack Obama visit… the Great Altar of Zeus…? Presumably he did."[5]

Whether Obama received inspiration from the throne of Satan while in Berlin or not, what he did next was astonishing. Upon returning to the United States, he immediately commissioned the construction of a Greek-columned stage from which he made his acceptance speech for his party’s nomination. Because Greek temples such as those built to honor Zeus were thought to house the patron deity, the GOP ridiculed Obama, mocking him as playing Zeus of "Mount Olympus" and accusing his supporters of "kneeling" before the "Temple of Obama." The New York Post ran an enlightening Convention Special supplement on August 28th, 2008 with the telling headline: ‘O’ MY GOD: DEMS ERECT OBAMA TEMPLE blazoned across the front cover. But it was not until blogger Joel Richardson pointed out how the design of Obama’s stage was a dead ringer for the Great Altar of Zeus [6] that Obama’s campaign managers tried to explain away the design as being a conglomeration representing the portico of the White House with the U.S. capital building. "But experts agreed with Richardson," Gallo wrote, "it was a replica of the Great Altar of Pergamum."[7]

Thus, incredibly, like Hitler, Obama had honored the goddess Victoria with his presence before ordering a replica of the biblical throne of Satan built, upon which he accepted his date with destiny.".....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I agree with the statement "If he is the AC, he doesnt know it yet!"
2nd line

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The Pope claims authority that is not his to claim! He "stands in the place of God",but he is filled with blasphemy!

The fact is the Messiah himself never questioned the authority of the priests, or the rulers, not even Pilate whom they all conspired against him. Neither did Paul, Peter, or any of the apostles. In fact the complete opposite. Need we be reminded judge not lest ye be judged amongst other things like he who has not sinned cast the first stone, all have fallen short of the glory of God. not one is righteius not even one.

What "bible" are you reading? The Book of Revelation is clear about this,in my opinion. I could list many sources to back this up.

Maybe I missed it,but where are you getting your ideas from?

We do not judge God's Word as one being superior to another. The "bible" is the "bible". The Messiah makes it clear in any translation whether English, French, Japanese, German, Greek, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Hebrew, ect... His name is the Word and our family is in no position to judge God regardless of what language he is in.

We laid out scriptures. You saw for yourself. The "ideas" come from God not man. We did not make the name jesus add up to 616 or the crucifix, an obvious idol, to be to be revealed by 666. Many would come in his name is scriptual. That name is?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Well,we're all entitled to our opinions! I really don't understand where you're coming from,and I doubt that I will,so I will just respectfully agree to disagree and leave it at that!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join